Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by InsaneHyena » #196862

> Implying it's a bug

Since your body is still alive while escaping on shuttle/pod, I don't know why it should be fixed.
Bring back papercult.

Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #196863

InsaneHyena wrote:> Implying it's a bug

Since your body is still alive while escaping on shuttle/pod, I don't know why it should be fixed.
Because you are not in the body.
私は完璧
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #196864

This is getting philosophical.

When your ghost enters a prisoner sleeper and emerges as NTP-341513 are you still you or are you that prisoner.

Anyway don't remove I like ghosting to check how much destruction my actions brought to the station and such.
Sad elegy
Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #196865

Actually no
We have to count the body and not the ghost
Otherwise objective "prevent X from leaving" would be impossible to do
Sad elegy
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #196904

Whoisthere wrote:This is getting philosophical.

When your ghost enters a prisoner sleeper and emerges as NTP-341513 are you still you or are you that prisoner.

Anyway don't remove I like ghosting to check how much destruction my actions brought to the station and such.
You are that prisoner, when you respawn in a way that doesn't involve your original brain (cloning scans brain, borging shoves your brain in a jar, pod person.... injects your brain juice into a potato) you are a brand new character.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #197059

When you respawn as a new character, your old mind gets deleted. Carbon mobs have brains which contains their mind and their mind contains your ckey. When you respawn, the old mind is deleted and your ckey now belongs to a new mind.
I'm ambivalent as to whether or not catatonics can count as escaped, it's not really going to affect me tbh.
Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #207892

Abductors take you ever round but you don't remember it cause they use memory shredders on you.
Sad elegy
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #207894

Using a plasmatank as internals intermitenly will let you make massive amounts of slime jelly as a slime person.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #207904

Fill it half with plasma and half with oxygen (from canisters), and double the distribution pressure so you can keep it on indefinitely.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Reece

Post by Reece » #207907

Even better.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #207917

C4 can be remotely triggered by applying signalers. Which summarily means i can put c4 in a smuggler's satchel/somehow underneath floor tiles and point detonate, also i can arrange for a dead-mans trigger and numerous other meme tricks too.

Mooousetraaaps.

Spoiler:
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #208014

spiders can be in your abductor ship if you have a spider gland.
The goddamn abductor scientist is an incompitent combatant
If you put blob mass over a grenade, it won't go off.
Spessmen apparently DO need a heart
Nobody expects the ayylmao inquisition
If the spare id isn't secured, abductors can easily get all access.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #208015

Reece wrote:Borgs can be culted.
Plant DNA manipulator lets you add bannana slipperynessto anything, as well as Polyacid production.
When that was a thing, at least for clockwork cult, I actually got a new law, to basicly SERVE DA FUKEN CULT
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Reece

Post by Reece » #208045

There's a secret item in the doctors locker called a defibrillator, and it can magically bring people back to life if used fast enough.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #208046

FantasticFwoosh wrote:C4 can be remotely triggered by applying signalers. Which summarily means i can put c4 in a smuggler's satchel/somehow underneath floor tiles and point detonate, also i can arrange for a dead-mans trigger and numerous other meme tricks too.

Mooousetraaaps.
putting a box in your backpack that has a mousetrap rigged to a signaller and a c4 rigged to another signaller is one of the funiest things ever. ive probably told this story before but:
>be traitor, doing traitor shit (dont remember what its been too long)
>detective has caught my scent and is on the hunt
>i've caught the detective's scent-catching-scent and am playing it safe
>decide to try this mousetrap C4 box idea i've had for a while to keep on me as a failsafe
>walk out of maint into arrivals locker room
>stumble out of the airlock facefirst into the detective
>space lag at exactly that moment
>when i return from space lag i am halfway towards the brig being dragged in cuffs
>detective goes into interrogation with me, starts giving me the whole "whyd you do it" shtick
>is searching my bag, throws my emag and gun or something on the floor (i think it was double agents and i had killed two other traitors so i had a shitload of traitor gear)
>"Any last words traitor scum"
>"Yes. The loot you found wasn't all of it. I killed two other agents, most of their loot is in the box in my backpack."
>detective giddily goes back to my backpack and flings it open
>moments later he is dead on the floor
>resist out of cuffs, take stuff, take his clothes and leave disguised as him
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #208160

People have entirely forgotten about tooth implants.
I play Boris Pepper.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #208385

Ebows can be upgraded with Kinetic Accelerator mods.
At least they can be given cooldown mods.
loading them with three cooldown mods makes them crazy.
---
You can flash people with the flashbulbs through windoors.
---
Head of Staff cloaks can now hold specific items - the antique laser gun for the Captain, the replica energy gun for the Head of Security, the hypospray for the Chief Medical Officer, the Hand Teleporter or RPED for the Research Director, and the RCD or RPD for the Chief Engineer.

Not really a big secret since it was in the notes, but it probably got forgotten about since no one really uses cloaks but it could be a great way to hide a few traitor objectives.
---
(F) DEAD: Morgan Cucker yells, "> wearing a fire suit and being fully augged stops ash damage!!
---
OOC: KorPhaeron: flashbang spear pierces officer protection
---
Miner's Salve. It heals brute/burn damage over time, and has the side effect of making the patient think their wounds are fully healed. It is mixed with water+iron+oil, or grind a twinkie, a sheet of metal, and a sheet of plasma

Mix that with some heavy poison doses and your target will be dead before they notice it.
---
Remember the Advance Release grenade the science got and no one uses?
Load it with potassium and water, the grenade will never cause a big enough explosion to damage anything but will constantly send off small explosion that stun people.
---
DEAD: Magni Bronzebeard asks, "Did you know that taser bolts drain mechs?"
---
You can drink 20 units at a time from a molotov, more per drink than from anything else.
Bluespace wrote:People have entirely forgotten about tooth implants.
Going off this: Tooth implants accept both pills and patches.

They were so popular on release and then forgotten about in a week!
Can you self-surgery them since all you need is a drill?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #208406

One Seven One wrote:Ebows can be upgraded with Kinetic Accelerator mods.
This is a bug

Also you can't self surgery and also also miners salve gives a very noticeable message and stuns if it's ingested (it has to be applied via patch for stealth uses)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #208425

KOR STOP SHARING MY SECRETS
OOC: KorPhaeron: flashbang spear pierces officer protection
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #208447

PKPenguin321 wrote:
One Seven One wrote:Ebows can be upgraded with Kinetic Accelerator mods.
This is a bug

Also you can't self surgery and also also miners salve gives a very noticeable message and stuns if it's ingested (it has to be applied via patch for stealth uses)
Oh, well shit. You know I really have no idea how many of my things in my Things to Know.doc are bugs.

That's good to know, I'll have to add that in.
Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #209772

Cold gas leads to lower pressure, making it more compact.
Knowing this, filling up plasma tanks with cold plasma means it holds more plasma. Use these babies in radiation collectors and you get more power produced. The colder, the better.
Radiation emitted by a stage 3 :singulo:

Here's your standard, 303 kPa, room temperature plasma tank, straight from the tank dispenser.
Pretty weak. Would only fill 2 SMES and a half.

Filling up that tank to max brings that up to...
Six of these is enough for 4 SMES.

Let's cool it down.
A maxed plasma tank chilled using a freon canister (-157ºC) and heat exchangers.
Well over twice the amount produced if it was at room temperature, can already fill up 3 normal SMES inputting at 200k each.

Time to go full retard
A maxed plasma tank chilled using heat exchanger pipes and space. (-250ºC) You'd probably need to get the plasma straight from the atmos to get enough pressure to fill up the tank.
Quite the jump. Getting plasma cooled to this low does take a good while, and needs to have a bunch of pipes set up.
6 radiation collectors producing this amount of power is an absolute overkill and won't do much with regular SMES, sadly.
Would be nice to have something needing a large amount of power as part of a station goal.

You could also wire it directly to the grid. winkwink
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #211401

Onule wrote:Cold gas leads to lower pressure, making it more compact.
Knowing this, filling up plasma tanks with cold plasma means it holds more plasma. Use these babies in radiation collectors and you get more power produced. The colder, the better.
Radiation emitted by a stage 3 :singulo:

Here's your standard, 303 kPa, room temperature plasma tank, straight from the tank dispenser.
Pretty weak. Would only fill 2 SMES and a half.

Filling up that tank to max brings that up to...
Six of these is enough for 4 SMES.

Let's cool it down.
A maxed plasma tank chilled using a freon canister (-157ºC) and heat exchangers.
Well over twice the amount produced if it was at room temperature, can already fill up 3 normal SMES inputting at 200k each.

Time to go full retard
A maxed plasma tank chilled using heat exchanger pipes and space. (-250ºC) You'd probably need to get the plasma straight from the atmos to get enough pressure to fill up the tank.
Quite the jump. Getting plasma cooled to this low does take a good while, and needs to have a bunch of pipes set up.
6 radiation collectors producing this amount of power is an absolute overkill and won't do much with regular SMES, sadly.
Would be nice to have something needing a large amount of power as part of a station goal.

You could also wire it directly to the grid. winkwink
A fully upgraded SMES (Quadratic Capacitor, Bluespace power cell x5) can hold ~13MW (13,333,333.333 Watts, repeating) and 800kW (800,000 Watts) max output. A more reasonable scenario would be T3 upgrades, with which the SMES can hold 10MW (10,000,000 Watts) and 600kW (600,000 Watts) max output.

A single upgraded SMES to T3 will happily take your high power memes! Oh, and Engineering gets FOUR of these bad boys (excluding the others around the station)! If you want to ACTUALLY be full on autistic, you are going to have to add more collectors, run your singulo at Stage 4, maybe even throw in a Tesla next to it!
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #211402

It still pisses me off that we have this ability to massively fine tune higher energy production but it has no use. Like it is such a cool project for improving the station, and yet there is no point except to electrocute people more efficiently
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #211406

Wyzack wrote:It still pisses me off that we have this ability to massively fine tune higher energy production but it has no use. Like it is such a cool project for improving the station, and yet there is no point except to electrocute people more efficiently
Electrocuting and husking Greytide McShitter before he has the time to say "wew" it's a direct improvement to the station.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #211410

Wyzack wrote:It still pisses me off that we have this ability to massively fine tune higher energy production but it has no use. Like it is such a cool project for improving the station, and yet there is no point except to electrocute people more efficiently
We could copy from Dishonored and add Arc Pylons and Walls of Light that can be ordered from cargo or even (ghetto versions) constructed with common materials, but have ridiculous power requirements.
Perhaps it would be wise to let them be toggled between stun and kill, though.
Spoiler:
Just so I have an excuse to post that video:
[youtube]9tJF3qBWyUk[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #212110

While doing hydroponics you can make your own mutagen by putting the phosphorus and radium genes from a glowshroom into a blumpkin, which has chlorine.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #212132

DemonFiren wrote:
We could copy from Dishonored and add Arc Pylons and Walls of Light that can be ordered from cargo or even (ghetto versions) constructed with common materials, but have ridiculous power requirements.
Perhaps it would be wise to let them be toggled between stun and kill, though.
Spoiler:
Just so I have an excuse to post that video:
[youtube]9tJF3qBWyUk[/youtube]
To be honest I like setting up energy shield barriers but I rarely get an opportunity or a reason to have them up
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #212228

XDTM wrote:While doing hydroponics you can make your own mutagen by putting the phosphorus and radium genes from a glowshroom into a blumpkin, which has chlorine.
Bless you for sharing this tidbit.

Everyone knows about omnizine in dues but; Mutating the tabacco plant (which has a base yield of -10-, DNA users, take note!) into space tabbacco will give it salbutamol to counteract oxy loss.
Toss some chilies into the mix and you have your own 'Spacewalk Salad"!
ImageImageImage
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #212752

Metabolization speed is important for chems and poisons, it means how much of the chem is consumed each tick. The interesting part is that some poisons have really really low metabolization rates: Curare, Polonium, and Cyanide consume 0.05 per tick which means 20 seconds of action PER UNIT. And the record goes to Coniine, with its 0.024 units per tick, that lasts 40 seconds per unit while dealing 2 tox damage and preventing breathing. A syringe full of it would last for more than ten minutes if left unpurged.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #212761

I think epinephrine increases metabolism speed of chems but I'm not 100% sure on that. It seems to have that effect so I've always used it in when sleepering someone to get them healed just a little bit faster.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #212770

Anonmare wrote:I think epinephrine increases metabolism speed of chems but I'm not 100% sure on that. It seems to have that effect so I've always used it in when sleepering someone to get them healed just a little bit faster.
Even if it did increase metabolism speed, that wouldn't heal them faster. Chemicals process based on whether they are in you or not; not how much of them was removed.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #212774

You can repurpose fruit that contain liquid reagents and splat on the ground/into people to disperse reagent as both a beneficial and attack driven hand projectiles, either manually throwing reagent laden fruit or put them inside. The chef can throw fruit at people across the hall and give them beneficial or harmful effects off splattered reagent alone.

For example, if you had poisonous tomato at a hundred percent potency, even if the chance of ingesting the chems on contact is small, loading them into a improvised cannon (the exact name evades me) en mass would load enough into them to keep them down as all those chems would register in the first tick that it takes place. Trays are robust for storing knives/glass shards handlessly in order to MLG throw them at opponents in hit and runs, it can also scoop up small objects to refill. Hitting someone with the tray has a chance to hit them with the objects as they fly off.

If you had a tray full of glass shards there is every chance it could embed in them via collision, same goes for ninja stars.

Also you can seperate fun chemicals like growth serum with a condimaster into food packets/condiment drinks in order to lace foods with it, and more specifically keep repositories of chems like a personal larder. Ice cream can take up to 10 amounts of condiment, so they are ideal for dispensing out chemicals without overdose as every 4 bites (to fully consume) gives 2.5 of desired reagent, allowing you to dose up safely and remain well fed. Robust chefs are always encouraged to be out and about with chemical infused ice creams as its a efficient and calcuated way of delivering chems into people's metabolisms.

Shovels and skateboards are robust and very large weapons meaning great chances of knockdown and unconciousness when applied in melee, they can take out hulks pretty well.

Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #212788

Plant genes are fun
Slip + electricity = shock on slip
Squash + electricity = shock on throw
Slips on nonbananas last less UNLESS they have lube in, and blue tomatoes have that gene
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #212886

is there a guide for hydro? i've always wanted to git gud at it but i look at people like memesy holms and always get discouraged
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213021

The wiki is your friend. It won't tell you all the SICK STRATS, but the information to become a plant god is there.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #213059

yack got banned

no way
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #213060

Like, permabanned?
Onule

Post by Onule » #214768

You can turn stacks of sand into sandstone bricks at once by standing on the stack and turning just one sand pile into a brick.
Digging each floor gives 5 piles of sand. Digging 8 floors gives enough for 4 sandstorm doors, you can make the crappiest, yet ash storm safe room.
Mobs can't really break sandstorm doors and statues apperantly, except colossus's bolts and bubblegum's charge. I've used this to control a legion tendril and fight only one legion at a time.

If you need to unwrench a bunch of pressurized pipes and don't want to get thrown against a wall, buckle down on a chair.
MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #215642

Makes so much sense to hear it said. I used to be all 'fuck it' with pressurized pipes. That is until I got thrown onto a glass table
ImageImageImage
MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #215645

Blink effects, either the spell itself or the RDs teleport armour; are not 'place' effects. But rather move you in a line until you hit the end location.
I witnessed this first hand when the blinkee appeared on the other side of a glass table, on the ground, and the table broke.
Edit: Fuck! Double post. Mods, pls halp.
ImageImageImage
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #215653

putting neurontoxin/beepsky smash in a vape will cause an endless stun that lasts as long as the reagent is inside the vape. Fill a few up and scatter them around the station and watch as people lie there helplessly. Give on to your traitor target to prevent them from escaping alive.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #215659

Here's what I learned about the different species you can make via Xenobiology. I only did the exotic species since the roundstart races are already well-understood, abductors are also pretty well-understood as well. I didn't do any genetics since I didn't have time or care enough.

Podpeople
Spoiler:
  • Take extra damage from burn type weaponry.
  • Regenerate injuries and nutrition while exposed to light.
  • Possess blood and are affected by diseases.
  • Take toxin damage from Plant-B-Gone.
  • Can be genetically altered by a floral somatoray.
  • Take damage when in darkness.
Android
Spoiler:
  • Not healed by reagents or the medigun beam.
  • No blood, no organs, no hunger, no breath species.
  • Immune to disease.
  • Take about 40 burn damage (before resistances are calculated) from strong EMP sources.
  • Completely spaceworthy
  • About 10% resistance to burn and ballistic projectiles.
  • Roughly 50% resistance to melee weapons.
Shadowperson
Spoiler:
  • Has innate night vision they can toggle on or off.
  • Regenerate injuries very quickly in the dark.
  • No blood, no breath and no hunger species.
  • Immune to disease.
  • Take slight brute and burn damage from standing under a lightbulb that adds up quickly.
  • Surprisingly not weak to burn weapons.
Zombie
Spoiler:
  • Virtually no difference between roundstart Humans.
  • Takes damage from enviromental sources as normal.
  • Bleeds, not spaceworthy and can catch diseases.
Skeleton
Spoiler:
  • No blood, no organs, no breath, no hunger species.
  • Completely spaceworthy.
  • Immune to disease and reagents.
  • Cannot be healed with patches due to a lack of skin, but *can* be healed with a medigun.
  • No resistances to damage.
  • Spookiness more than most people can handle.
Golem
Spoiler:
  • Immune to stamina damage but not tasers.
  • Completely spaceworthy.
  • No breath, no blood and no hunger.
  • Immune to disease.
  • Cannot wear most forms of clothing.
  • Cannot use projectile weapons.
  • Walks with slowdown.
  • ~50% resistance to all forms of damage.
Slimeperson
Spoiler:
  • Can create body duplicates of themselves with enough jelly.
  • No blood species.
  • Blood repalced with slime jelly that is poisonous to most creatures.
  • Harmed by antitoxin medicines.
  • Takes extra damage from cold sources.
  • Takes slightly less damage from burn sources.
  • Always friendly to slimes.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #215669

Wki has more information, if you want. Podpeople dont take damage in darkness but DO lose hunger quickly. Zombies made with the specific mutation toxin are like noninfective real zombies: spaceproof, slow, take inverse toxin damage and can attach limbs. They do not revive, lacking romerol. Slime/jellypeople lose huge amounts of blood when they get tox "healed", and it may drain their limbs off.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Onule

Post by Onule » #215913

Augmenting limbs completely heals it.
Amputating tecnically reduces the amount of damage on a body.
You can repair dead people's augmented parts.
Strange reagent.

Botany can make their own strange reagent by combining blumpkin's phosphorus and radium production with glowshrooms (makes unstable mutagen, keep that in mind too.), holy melons'... holy water and deus/lifeweed's omnizine.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #216096

You can make odysseus mediguns with the right R&D levels. Mediguns heal dead people. An odysseus can also scan and replicate strange reagent, once you make a bit. Who needs cloning?
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #216101

Being fully augged and in a fire suit makes you impervious to ash storms physically, also applying strange reagent rhetoric, whilst fully augged you can have your body fultoned out, welded and wired then re-booted with strange reagent to get back out into the field, also if your brain is recoverable you can just be put in a newly augged body for the same process.

Also if i remember correctly gibbed robotic arms and legs are converted back into objects upon being severed, so you may well want to have some spare cadavers lying around with arms and legs amputated off for your robocop surgery studies.

Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #216103

The fire suit is not necessary for that. Also, if getting augged is boring for you/nobody wants to do the surgery, get unstable mutation toxin from xenobio and become an android, it'll roboticize all your limbs, plus other benefits.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #216119

XDTM wrote:The fire suit is not necessary for that. Also, if getting augged is boring for you/nobody wants to do the surgery, get unstable mutation toxin from xenobio and become an android, it'll roboticize all your limbs, plus other benefits.
Androids cannot be revived(if expired) or cloned from my memory of playing them, its a 1 way street if you die you die (clarification on that would be good). Yes a fire suit and or relevant fire protection IS nessecary else you'll burn up inside your explorer suit and have lots of electrical wire damage to your limbs from severe burns. Ash storms even affect borgs (prior to mining borgs being made ash immune) to require rare instances of circuit repair.

I know this from experience.

Also fire suits are more cost efficient, as they dont require dark blue fire protection potions on all articles of clothing (boots, explorer suit & hood, gloves) and instead with a firefighter cap and coat cover you whole and also offer a airtank storage slot space.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #216146

A hardsuit with fire resistance also works. Plus the mining hardsuit can still accept goliath plates.
I remember when the mining hardsuit, when fully plated, gave 80 Melee resistance. Combine it with being fully augged, you were next to impossible to kill with melee - especially if you had healing viruses cause then you healed faster than you were damaged.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #216155

Even better if you also somehow scrounged up a sec jumpsuit. You could literally get 100 melee resist.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: