Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by Timonk » #620450

Bottom post of the previous page:

My penis
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #620487

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:31 am
cacogen wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:43 am you can buy a mail bag from the cargo autodrobe to empty mail crates without having to move them off the cargo shuttle
yeah but why would you not take the empty mail crates off the shuttle to store things so that you can sell the normal crates that are actually worth something?
well i don't know how you play cargo but it's faster and i've never used a crate to store things. i don't think i've ever seen anyone using them to store things either. they're usually just sitting around cargo, begging to be sent back, along with other crates and unstamped manifests. why don't you share a little thing you learned instead of responding to mine and turning it into a dick measuring contest?
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #620500

cacogen wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:20 am well i don't know how you play cargo but it's faster and i've never used a crate to store things. i don't think i've ever seen anyone using them to store things either. they're usually just sitting around cargo, begging to be sent back, along with other crates and unstamped manifests. why don't you share a little thing you learned instead of responding to mine and turning it into a dick measuring contest?
first off: i tend to order emergency supplies and store them in the warehouse. random stuff like pacmans, tools, medkits, defibs, etc.
secondly, i think you're reading a little too much hostility from my post. maybe i didn't word it right or whatever. i was just trying to point out that since mail crates have no value, they're perfect for storing and mailing things. if i wanted to make the thread into a dick measuring contest, i'd respond to timonk instead.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #620505

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 am
cacogen wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:20 am well i don't know how you play cargo but it's faster and i've never used a crate to store things. i don't think i've ever seen anyone using them to store things either. they're usually just sitting around cargo, begging to be sent back, along with other crates and unstamped manifests. why don't you share a little thing you learned instead of responding to mine and turning it into a dick measuring contest?
first off: i tend to order emergency supplies and store them in the warehouse. random stuff like pacmans, tools, medkits, defibs, etc.
secondly, i think you're reading a little too much hostility from my post. maybe i didn't word it right or whatever. i was just trying to point out that since mail crates have no value, they're perfect for storing and mailing things. if i wanted to make the thread into a dick measuring contest, i'd respond to timonk instead.
And thirdly, I am the alpha cargo tech with the biggest dick because I store things exclusively in coffins, which can be made from wood ordered via the supply shuttle at a cheaper price than normal crates while functioning the same.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #623041

Fire alarms aren't triggered by the temperature thresholds on the air alarms in the area but by their own internal temperature thresholds (above 200 celsius and below -3 celsius) which as far I'm aware you can't view or change in the game.

Fire alarms react only to the temperature on their own tile. If you put an atmos holofan over a fire alarm's tile (usually the tile in front of its sprite) and the temperature changes in the area to the point that it would normally activate, it won't. You can just deactivate the thermal sensor with a multitool after screwdrivering the alarm, but it's easier to fix firelocks once you understand how they're triggered.

Fire alarms activating beneath -3 celsius is why they activate so often. That temperature is because humans take cold damage beneath that limit (supposedly). That damage can easily be offset with a winter coat though (helps up to -213.15 celsius, the same as a firesuit, but covers less body parts), which takes about as much effort to get as a crowbar with the added bonus of not having to crowbar open firelocks until the temperature is fixed. Strangely, humans take heat damage at 66 celsius but that isn't the upper limit.

There was a PR opened at the beginning of the year decreasing the temperature at which fire alarms activate that never went through (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/59205) which would've avoided a lot of unnecessary firelock hell this year. But there's a PR open at the moment making it so firelocks only activate based on the temperature of their own tiles (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/62055) which resolves the issue of one -3 celsius room with a fire alarm in it closing every firelock in the area (which the firelocks themselves exacerbate by preventing the flow of air in an area from averaging the temperature).
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #623071

Do the fire locks also close if the air alarm threshold is hit?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #623076

Nope, air alarm thresholds have no effect on them. They check the temperature on their own tile to see if it's above or below a certain hardcoded threshold and if it is and they aren't emagged or broken, they activate. https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... #L124-L125