General SS13 Chat
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by Miauw » #28043

Bottom post of the previous page:

peoplearestrange wrote:
Ezel wrote:
Ricotez wrote:Electrified airlocks are an incredibly robust weapon against aliens. The unsuspecting bastards will walk up to an all-access airlock and *ZZAAAP*. The best part is that they can't even actually open the airlock, because they have to touch it for that. Especially useful for AIs who can just electrify an airlock by alt+clicking it, but you have to be careful not to accidentally shock the crewmembers trying to fight said aliens.
Aliens>acids every door
Sure but it takes time to burn through things with acid (thank god).
brb buffing acid :^]
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #28070

peoplearestrange wrote:
Ezel wrote:
Ricotez wrote:Electrified airlocks are an incredibly robust weapon against aliens. The unsuspecting bastards will walk up to an all-access airlock and *ZZAAAP*. The best part is that they can't even actually open the airlock, because they have to touch it for that. Especially useful for AIs who can just electrify an airlock by alt+clicking it, but you have to be careful not to accidentally shock the crewmembers trying to fight said aliens.
Aliens>acids every door
Sure but it takes time to burn through things with acid (thank god).
Yeah, and not every type of alien has acid spit. It's not going to kill all of them but you can make a few kills or at the very least make the crew's job killing them off easier.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #28294

To bring this thread back on topic:

A picture of the blueprints counts for the objective to steal them.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #28332

You can make a autolathe using parts from machines which you can access via maint and the hallways (pretty much anyone can access it) The only thing you require is the autolathe board from tech storage).

The same thing can be used to create a ghetto R&D system

Edit: only issue is scanning module which you probably need to make first before making the deconstructive anaylser.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #28348

MrStonedOne wrote:To bring this thread back on topic:

A picture of the blueprints counts for the objective to steal them.
that's probably the most-posted little thing ever.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #28366

I still have no idea how to take a picture of blueprints in this way though...

Do you need the blueprints in your hand and you take a picture with a camera straight onto it?

Does it need to be on the ground?

If it's in the CE's hands, can I take a picture of him and that'll count? Like, could I possibly beg a CE to come rename an autism fort and get greentext by snapping a picture as he takes the blueprints out to do so?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #28374

it has to be out out, as in on the ground, as in you can right click on the tile its at and it comes up in the menu as an item.

The easiest way to do this would be to take a picture right as the ce is grabbing it out of his locker.

And as far as i know, it can be buried under other objects, so a picture right as the locker is opened would work too.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #28424

head revs can't kill revs (for some reason??)
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #28587

Blast doors can be pried open via crowbar when de-powered.

Alt-clicking on a tile works as an AI.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Silavite
Byond Username: Silavite

Post by Silavite » #28697

Polyacid smoke grenades can instacrit and kill in about 3 seconds.
I found this out by killing myself mixing polyacid for metal foam grenades.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #28748

Violaceus wrote:Clicking preset Head Of Security position in id console will not give correct icon

the difference between of and Of
Set ID in, click Head Of Security, then click Custom, and type in 'Head of Security'. Icon will reappear.
:^)
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #28750

All of the coordinates you could ever need from telescience are provided by the map files in the source code.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #28761

Welding bits of ore refines them. I can process all the ores I find outside the station after a meteor storm without having to go all the way to cargo with it (as long as I take a welding tank with me because the fuel price is rough)
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #28765

Violaceus wrote:
Spacemanspark wrote:
Violaceus wrote:Clicking preset Head Of Security position in id console will not give correct icon

Set ID in, click Head Of Security, then click Custom, and type in 'Head of Security'. Icon will reappear.
I do believe that system enforces capital letter on beggining of every separate word.

Therefore it will not work like you said
I'm pretty sure it works in reverse. It puts in the correct title via preset and incorrect via custom. I'm not a hundred percent sure though.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #29138

Its of tho..
Like Head of Personnel
And Head of Security
Just of doesnt need a captical letter
The future is horrible!
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #29140

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
Violaceus wrote:
Spacemanspark wrote:

I do believe that system enforces capital letter on beggining of every separate word.

Therefore it will not work like you said
I'm pretty sure it works in reverse. It puts in the correct title via preset and incorrect via custom. I'm not a hundred percent sure though.
No need. I fixed it for the next server update.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #29457

You can preform Surgery on yourself, its a bit finicky but you can surgically remove your head and replace it with a augmentation.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #29544

Steelpoint wrote:You can preform Surgery on yourself, its a bit finicky but you can surgically remove your head and replace it with a augmentation.
ICly you just remove parts of your head, not the whole deal. With a big enough pain threshold, you probably could do that IRL.
私は完璧
WrexingDrew

Post by WrexingDrew » #33748

Using a welder on broken glass can fix it. Odds are you won't ever do it but it helps to know.
Officer Zean Durmanos [145.9] queries, “How the FUCK do you frown loudly anyway?”
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #33750

WrexingDrew wrote:Using a welder on broken glass can fix it. Odds are you won't ever do it but it helps to know.
Actually could have used it before. Thanks.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #33762

Cipher3 wrote:
WrexingDrew wrote:Using a welder on broken glass can fix it. Odds are you won't ever do it but it helps to know.
This also applies to metal rods and unprocessed ores. Ores require a lot of welder fuel though so its usually best to have a welder tank nearby.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #33793

cedarbridge wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
This also applies to metal rods and unprocessed ores. Ores require a lot of welder fuel though so its usually best to have a welder tank nearby.
or use the smelter.
#wow #whoa
WrexingDrew

Post by WrexingDrew » #33888

Miauw wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
or use the smelter.
#wow #whoa
The real #MVP
Officer Zean Durmanos [145.9] queries, “How the FUCK do you frown loudly anyway?”
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #33912

Apparently people don't know you can fold up bodybags if they're empty and closed. Drag it onto your sprite.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #33922

Becoming a slime person (not an actual slime) draws from your alien color preference. Thus, you can become a spoopy ghost by setting it to white.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #33944

cedarbridge wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
Holy shit dude

You don't know how many times I could have used this piece of information
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #34056

An uplink implant gives you enough TC for an emag, a block of C4, and a full toolkit. The perma toilet is one R-wall away from the armory.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #34088

Psyentific wrote:An uplink implant gives you enough TC for an emag, a block of C4, and a full toolkit. The perma toilet is one R-wall away from the armory.
If there is a Warden nearby however that plan won't work. You have to move the barricades out of the way to actually get into the Armoury after blowing the wall.
Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #34119

A PDA will show the identity of whoever it was set to previously until you hit the 'update PDA' button. Makes it really easy to conceal your identity or keep a higher-access ID on you without attracting immediate suspicion.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #34124

It never updates name anyway, only job title.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #34148

Kangaraptor wrote:A PDA will show the identity of whoever it was set to previously until you hit the 'update PDA' button. Makes it really easy to conceal your identity or keep a higher-access ID on you without attracting immediate suspicion.
If you have the ID in your PDA and in your ID slot, people with SEChuds will see whatever job is in the ID, though. So don't place a captain's ID into your botanist PDA and into your ID slot.
:^)
Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #34152

Spacemanspark wrote:
Kangaraptor wrote:A PDA will show the identity of whoever it was set to previously until you hit the 'update PDA' button. Makes it really easy to conceal your identity or keep a higher-access ID on you without attracting immediate suspicion.
If you have the ID in your PDA and in your ID slot, people with SEChuds will see whatever job is in the ID, though. So don't place a captain's ID into your botanist PDA and into your ID slot.
The easiest way to subvert this is to put your ID in the ID machine, set your job to 'Captain' to get the access, then change its name via custom to Botanit or Engineer or w/e you are and it'll show you as whatever name you put in as long as the name is correct against the job database.

It's pretty robust.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #34275

On a further note, giving yourself all access by checking all the access permissions instead of setting yourself to captain with a custom title will keep your original job icon on secHUDs instead of that grey box that is usually a tell of access shenanigans. I do this every time as HoP because some HoS's get pissy when they can see I changed my access.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #34285

Reimoo wrote:On a further note, giving yourself all access by checking all the access permissions instead of setting yourself to captain with a custom title will keep your original job icon on secHUDs instead of that grey box that is usually a tell of access shenanigans. I do this every time as HoP because some HoS's get pissy when they can see I changed my access.
That is a result of a bug that changed "Head of Personnel" to Head Of Personnel" when doing custom titles. That is what causes the unknown box to appear. That should have long been fixed, though.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #34295

Miauw wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
or use the smelter.
#wow #whoa
I'm not building a smelter in telescience. Fuck that.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #34415

cedarbridge wrote:
Miauw wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
or use the smelter.
#wow #whoa
I'm not building a smelter in telescience. Fuck that.
Just take the whole damn thing from mining
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #34451

Gun Hog wrote:That is a result of a bug that changed "Head of Personnel" to Head Of Personnel" when doing custom titles. That is what causes the unknown box to appear. That should have long been fixed, though.
I'm pretty sure it's been fixed.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #34729

Kudzu can be planted, cultivated, harvested, and eaten, just like any other plant. While not particularly delicious or cookable, one pack of kudzu seeds will make new kudzu when used anywhere that isn't a hydroponics tray.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #34736

To elaborate on that, kudzu is a mutation of common weeds, and kudzu itself has many, many mutations. Some eat plasma, some actually strangle people, some act like impassable walls.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #34744

ExplosiveCrate wrote:To elaborate on that, kudzu is a mutation of common weeds, and kudzu itself has many, many mutations. Some eat plasma, some actually strangle people, some act like impassable walls.
The point I'm making is that one packet of Kudzu from a random event can be planted. When harvested, that will yield eight kudzu pods, turned into eight kudzu seeds. More, if you don't use a portable seed extractor and a pile of dirt in maint.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #35140

Using an empty hand on the menu where you can put hats on Ian lets you pat him on the head.

game changer
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #35717

Tabling goats removes the kudzu on the table.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #35719

Loading neurotoxin,pepperspray and a few other chems into a sprayer applies them to your target. I haven't worked out a perfect list yet, but its a pretty decent ghetto chemsprayer.
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #35892

put a bag of holding inside a bag of holding to make a singuloo then get away without being sucked in.
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #35897

youngbuckliontiger wrote:put a bag of holding inside a bag of holding to make a singuloo then get away without being sucked in.
The easiest way to avoid being sucked in is to put the BoH in the other BoH while running!
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #35938

what i really wanna do if im ever antag is make a singuloo in the shuttle using the bag holding.
make people cry hard. :)
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #35953

I can't believe how much starting to include capitalized first letters has changed my rounds. People immediately think I know my shit, take orders better etc.
Also, if you want a challenge to your game, choose african american skincolor. Sad, but true, I've encountered a few guys who I should've adminhelped about. Actually, it could kinda be seen as banbaiting.
Wizardjenkins66
Byond Username: Wizardjenkins66

Post by Wizardjenkins66 » #35959

The cheap lighter fits inside a Cigarette packet!
Violaceus wrote: Mining smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to man- and lizard-kind. Katanas are thrice as sharp as eswords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything an esword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a durand mech with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why Syndicate never bothered conquering Mining? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined miners and their katanas of destruction.
LunchboxKilla
Byond Username: Lunchboxkilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #35978

Wizardjenkins66 wrote:The cheap lighter fits inside a Cigarette packet!
Holy crap!
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #36110

THIS IS BEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD
HOLY SHIT
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #36142

Kot wrote:
THIS IS BEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD
HOLY SHIT
This was actually a recent change.