No
23%

Total votes: 44

Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

Re: Turning Bagil into an Official Medium RP server

Post by Pascal123 » #144882

Bottom post of the previous page:

The "Cini"'s didn't seem like they were metacommunicating to me. More like just a group of friends trying out a new game. They spent most of their time apart, too. One even asked me for help with various things.
As for the HoS, his name was Madolf Kritler or something. So... That would be expected imo.

Maybe there should be an admin notice on Bagil linking directly to the rules and starter guide page for any new players to read before jumping in?
It may be pushing it, but... Maybe even a dedicated Bagil moderator or something? Just to help with these few and far between instances, like with the HoS and blatant meta-communicators that do appear.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #144894

I'd appreciate sone guidelines as to what standards we are enforcing as far as RP goes on basil
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #144898

We could just take some nods from Paradise and basically let anything fly so long as it's not blatantly making a character a Sue or very non-serious.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
cancer_engine
Byond Username: Cancer_Engine

Post by cancer_engine » #144911

Zilenan91 wrote:We could just take some nods from Paradise and basically let anything fly so long as it's not blatantly making a character a Sue or very non-serious.
This. No hitlers allowed.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #144912

Zilenan91 wrote:We could just take some nods from Paradise and basically let anything fly so long as it's not blatantly making a character a Sue or very non-serious.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #144991

I literally have yet to play a round on basil without some form of pubbie griff since it went up on the hub. Just had one guy randomly flamethrowering people and 4 more get into a massive senseless bloody brawl on the shuttle to centcomm. None were antags, and in the second case no admins were on and none came despite my ahelps. This is pretty bad
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #145035

Pascal123 wrote:As for the HoS, his name was Madolf Kritler or something. So... That would be expected imo.
M'adolf
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #145108

he's still more creative than all those pricks who didn't even bother to change up the name a bit
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #145115

I hope this actually becomes a thing. It almost was a thing "back int' day'" and used to have a stable pop of 20-30 with some fairly good RP and such.

I certainly think it be worth trying at least. All it take would be a server name change (to /tg/ Medium styles) and someone to actually write a basil specific rules page.

We could be forgiving of mistakes made initially and simply point people to the rules page, to allow a smooth transition.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #145118

Can we at least have the tone for this ruled on by one active person at a time?

I mean it works for combating griefing but every admin DMing simultaneously their own interpretation of what is proper RP is what stops me getting into baylike servers.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #145128

That's why places like Paradise have loose guidelines, with admins only stepping in if things get taken too far. That's why servers like Bay are dying because they're so unapproachable with no leeway for shenanigans.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #145148

Zilenan91 wrote:That's why places like Paradise have loose guidelines, with admins only stepping in if things get taken too far. That's why servers like Bay are dying because they're so unapproachable with no leeway for shenanigans.

Pretty much this. Guidelines with room for sheen. I mean to be honest, if there's something that breaks a rule but if you did would lead to something really interesting, just ahelp with "I want to do X is this ok?" And most of the time someone will reply with yup.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #145199

Add a stealth player approval/disapproval system for bagil.

Players could approve or disapprove of another player, but they only ever get to vote on each player once, and can subsequently change their vote as often as they like.

If a player drops below an admin-defined margin, they get blacklisted and their votes against others nullified.

Thus, bagil would become self-regulating in player behaviour, ensuring there arent any outliers (like murderboners, because theyd net you a lot of disapproval, or people who refuse to RP regardless of the situation.)

The initial population, being primarily those seeking a better RP experience, would get to shape the range of tacitly approved or disapproved behaviour by virtue of being the first and greatest contributors.

Since this would all be tracked in a DB/server log, identifying meta/lizard-cliques (and those trying to game the system) would be easy.
Spoiler:
What could go wrong?
Mime: Depresso
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #145267

Someone's hosting a med RP server for TG players until there's word on Bagil. It's pretty fun.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #145268

That's actually a terrible idea. All it'll do is ensure that only the "popular kids" of the server actually have any say in things while everyone else gets downvoted into oblivion.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #145281

we did it we saved basil, you're welcome
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #145351

Though at what price? AT WHAT PRIIIICE?

TBH though, hub is not that bad barring occasional MLGPROHACKER who gets on to griff and sets new records in "arrival to ban" time. It certainly summons lots of people who, while sometimes unable to grasp every concept, aren't malicious.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #145363

I don't think bagil being on the hub would negatively affect its ability to act as a medium rp server much.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"