Explosion changes

General SS13 Chat
Saltycut
Byond Username: Saltycut

Explosion changes

Post by Saltycut » #151045

Hello, I haven't been playing ss13 for about 3-4 months. I tried recently to make some plasma bombs but my old recipes don't work anymore. I have been told a lot of changes redgarding explosions have been made, but unfortuantely changelog gives only very short and vague notes about the updates. Sadly github only allows me browsing merged pull requests up to 1 month old. Is there any way someone can link me to those pulls/changes? I have very little coding knowledge but I was able to read the old bomb code with some effort, I kind of don't feel like trying to uncipher the whole burning/explosions mechanics with my newbie skills again to find what was changed.
Thanks
Femstation 5ever
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Explosion changes

Post by peoplearestrange » #151085

Do you mean making a bomb in Toxins or the like? (as in a O2 + Plasma mix)?

AFAIK it shouldn't have changed that much, its around a 40/60 mix of plasma/O2. If I'm honest, turn your antag options off, set scientist to high and spend some rounds making bombs in different ways and testing them on the bomb range. It'll give you a readout of how big the explosion was as well.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #151086

For the burn mix: You'll want a roughly 66%/33% plasma/oxygen mix in the burn chamber and heat it in a canister until it's roughly 97,000 degrees.
You'll also want to take an oxygen canister, hook it up to a freezer and put it on the lowest temperature you can - the lower the better. Next, take an oxygen tank, slot it in an air pump and suck out all the air in it then slot it in the oxygen canister and fill it up with cold air.

If you do this right, you should get a decent-sized explosion in roughly 5-10 minutes into the round.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #153765

I haven't been able to get near maxcap and I haven't seen anyone else hit it either.

A couple people say they can but I haven't seen it and they won't say how.

If there's some way to get it, thats fine with making us experiment, but I'll be very sad if maxcap is out of reach now.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #153785

the secret to maxcap bombs is the last great mastery passed down from teacher to student in this codebase
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #153792

Try upgrading the freezers and other machines in toxins
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #153801

Zilenan91 wrote:Try upgrading the freezers and other machines in toxins
Possible. Heat doesn't matter, once you hit 100 celcius the canister will start to internally burn and hit those 50k+ numbers.

Fridge could matter but it would be a huge pain since even the default low reduces pressure so much that you barely get one can per TTV.
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #153805

Oldman Robustin wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:Try upgrading the freezers and other machines in toxins
Possible. Heat doesn't matter, once you hit 100 celcius the canister will start to internally burn and hit those 50k+ numbers.

Fridge could matter but it would be a huge pain since even the default low reduces pressure so much that you barely get one can per TTV.
Whenever I leave the canister alone it just changes all the plasma and o2 into CO2, then the bomb does basically nothing.
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #153810

Oxygen will only turn into co2 if there's plasma left to burn.

Once plasma has burnt off you will have oxygen and co2 and nothing should change. Just make sure you've got enough oxygen that it doesnt burn off before the plasma does.

I upgraded the freezer and the canister wouldn't even go below 20 degrees, the normal is like -150 with the default. Ugh. I'm not convinced maxcap is possible right now.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #153835

I think Zeela managed it but she hasn't been on in a while
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #153837

Man this used to be pretty fucking easy. My usual formulas didn't do anything except bust one side of the tank and fart plasma everywhere. Then I accidentally bombcapped myself when I tried to fill up a plasma/oxy tank with my burn mix.

If you can convince/break into atmos and steal an RPD its easy to start up an in-pipe combustion, then use heat exchangers to get 12000K temp plasma. I'll have to play with it some more and maybe just stick to canister bombs.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #153842

When I make bombs; (not sure if this was in the old code) I just fill up an oxygen tank to max pressure and fill a plasma tank with superheated plasma, but I don't cool the oxygen. (I don't think it changes anything really) and I just connect them. That's the way I know how to make bombs. I would love to know a better and more efficient way to make bombs though, I would love some feedback. ;)
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #153863

Lzimann + Akarani and some other players have accomplished maxcaps.
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Post by Knaive » #153949

Oldman Robustin wrote:Ugh. I'm not convinced maxcap is possible right now.
I'll teach you but you have to call me sensei
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #154060

Saegrimr wrote:Man this used to be pretty fucking easy. My usual formulas didn't do anything except bust one side of the tank and fart plasma everywhere. Then I accidentally bombcapped myself when I tried to fill up a plasma/oxy tank with my burn mix.

If you can convince/break into atmos and steal an RPD its easy to start up an in-pipe combustion, then use heat exchangers to get 12000K temp plasma. I'll have to play with it some more and maybe just stick to canister bombs.
Yea when I stepped my game up from "enhanced version of old maxcap shit" to "holy shit I'm going to break the game with temps this high and gas this pure" all that happened was the plasma tank would pop off and I wouldnt even get an explosion.

Fuck that.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #154069

blowing massive holes into the station isn't supposed to be easy though
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #154075

Ricotez wrote:blowing massive holes into the station isn't supposed to be easy though
That part isn't hard. Deciphering the optimal mix when literal magic dictates the rules isn't. Just had a round where plasma+co2 was literally disappearing from the mix in both tanks when I opened the valve. I just ended up with hot pure oxygen and no boom.

Bonus screenshot I'm posting because Github apparently thinks my bug report is "I cant get maxcaps" when I'm pretty explicitly describing bugs that have nothing to do with the quest for maxcaps:

http://imgur.com/SDy8MZb
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #154078

Oldman Robustin wrote:Just had a round where plasma+co2 was literally disappearing from the mix in both tanks when I opened the valve. I just ended up with hot pure oxygen and no boom.
Lemme know when you get the mystical in-tank combustion with no boom. Nearly lost my shit.
Tank of plasma/tank of oxy, checked the dud at the test site and it was about 10x hotter than it started with and halfway full of CO2.

At least you can pop both of those hot tanks off, slap a new plasma tank on each and have two really small like 0,2,5 bombs.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #154098

Saegrimr wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:Just had a round where plasma+co2 was literally disappearing from the mix in both tanks when I opened the valve. I just ended up with hot pure oxygen and no boom.
Lemme know when you get the mystical in-tank combustion with no boom. Nearly lost my shit.
Tank of plasma/tank of oxy, checked the dud at the test site and it was about 10x hotter than it started with and halfway full of CO2.

At least you can pop both of those hot tanks off, slap a new plasma tank on each and have two really small like 0,2,5 bombs.
Whatever logic was left for TTV's is gone now, at this point I'm just going to try and get tanks to stabilize at like 3k pressure and see if that works.

My latest mystery: Put regular vanilla o2 tank into a hot plasma can, the tank will skyrocket in pressure and blow up within seconds. Put o2 into hot plasma TANK and it will just internally smolder for 10 minutes.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #154160

Dude, gases change how much volume they take up when you change their temperature.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #154161

ITT: Oldman doesn't understand moles.
All of your "mysteries" make perfect logical sense.
Cold gas is compressed and has more gas in a smaller space.
Hot gas expands and has less gas in the same space.
You are just a moron.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #154162

also I don't think all atmos vessels properly explode when overpressured.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #154164

palpatine213 wrote:ITT: Oldman doesn't understand moles.
You are just a moron.
I know the general principle, but yea I haven't deal with moles as a unit for a very long time. Whats really confusing is why none of the science tools let you measure the most important unit of measurement (or why we don't get decimal places).

Also that's just one of the "mysteries" I've described. Most of the others come back to the system being broken.

Like:

Put in vanilla oxygen tank into 200 degree plasma can, fill the remainder of the tank with the plasma. Shit will blow up in about 5 seconds.

Heat can with 50% plasma/50% oxygen to 200 degrees, fill an empty tank up to the top with it = Shit won't even blow up, just internally smolders and like 60 seconds later it might leak for a bit.

Edit: Tried it again but with 500kpa of chilled oxygen and 513kpa of ~250 degree plasma and it caused a half-cap explosion that took out the entire room from a single tank in less than 3 seconds. Makes no goddamn sense. So you can eat a hot plasma dick Shadowlight, theres a lot of shit wrong with Toxins that has nothing to do with one issue where I underestimated the molar scale of hot v. cold gas.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #154198

Just tried another run with a superchilled oxygen tank (used an upgraded fridge and a pump so each bomb literally required 1.5 canisters of oxygen) and an ideally heated plasma tank.

Tried to set it off, nothing. Got the tanks checked, both are fucking empty.

God damnit.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #154207

Oldman Robustin wrote:
You are just a moron.
I know the general principle, but yea I haven't deal with moles as a unit for a very long time. Whats really confusing is why none of the science tools let you measure the most important unit of measurement (or why we don't get decimal places).

Also that's just one of the "mysteries" I've described. Most of the others come back to the system being broken.

Like:

Put in vanilla oxygen tank into 200 degree plasma can, fill the remainder of the tank with the plasma. Shit will blow up in about 5 seconds.
The canister blows up? because yeah, that makes sense. The canister has a lot of hot plasma, heating it up doesn't decrease the amount of plasma there. The oxygen tank has the compressed oxygen reacting with the large amount of hot plasma. Makes sense.
Oldman Robustin wrote:Heat can with 50% plasma/50% oxygen to 200 degrees, fill an empty tank up to the top with it = Shit won't even blow up, just internally smolders and like 60 seconds later it might leak for a bit.
Yup. makes sense. All the pressure and reaction already happened in the canister. There's no reason for the tank to explode as it's already filled with expanded hot gas.
Oldman Robustin wrote:Edit: Tried it again but with 500kpa of chilled oxygen and 513kpa of ~250 degree plasma and it caused a half-cap explosion that took out the entire room from a single tank in less than 3 seconds. Makes no goddamn sense. So you can eat a hot plasma dick Shadowlight, theres a lot of shit wrong with Toxins that has nothing to do with one issue where I underestimated the molar scale of hot v. cold gas.
Tried what again? the third experiment? It really depends on how much plasma and oxygen you're getting into the tank. If you transferred into the tank earlier or something and more was able to combust, then yeah I can see how it would go boom.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #154208

I think he gets that different temperature gas is supposed to take up different amounts of space, but if it literally violates the laws of matter and dissapears inside of the fucking can then what's he gonna do.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #154209

only change I'm seeing so far is that fires take a lot longer to burn out/reach max temp in a canister, unlike before where you had to quickly shunt the stuff in the burn room into a canister before it burned out, which was itself a change from original old toxins.

in fact it is taking forever for the fire to burn out ree

unless i'm doing something wrong, the usual 1:2 burn mix leaves an excess of oxygen, Im not sure if having superheated oxygen/co2 for the plasma tank is a good idea since all that does is burn off plasma in the plasma tank which lowers the amount of moles available for the boom

well my first two bombs didn't even go off but it might have been due to using 1013kpa of chilled oxygen as opposed to normal oxygen and then some chilled, maybe it makes it too cold for a boom along with difficulties in getting enough moles of plasma in the plasma tank that are also hot enough

ree
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #154221

Spoiler:
Oldman Robustin wrote:
You are just a moron.

Like:

The canister blows up? because yeah, that makes sense. The canister has a lot of hot plasma, heating it up doesn't decrease the amount of plasma there. The oxygen tank has the compressed oxygen reacting with the large amount of hot plasma. Makes sense.
Oldman Robustin wrote: Heat can with 50% plasma/50% oxygen to 200 degrees, fill an empty tank up to the top with it = Shit won't even blow up, just internally smolders and like 60 seconds later it might leak for a bit.
Yup. makes sense. All the pressure and reaction already happened in the canister. There's no reason for the tank to explode as it's already filled with expanded hot gas.
Oldman Robustin wrote: Edit: Tried it again but with 500kpa of chilled oxygen and 513kpa of ~250 degree plasma and it caused a half-cap explosion that took out the entire room from a single tank in less than 3 seconds. Makes no goddamn sense. So you can eat a hot plasma dick Shadowlight, theres a lot of shit wrong with Toxins that has nothing to do with one issue where I underestimated the molar scale of hot v. cold gas.
Tried what again? the third experiment? It really depends on how much plasma and oxygen you're getting into the tank. If you transferred into the tank earlier or something and more was able to combust, then yeah I can see how it would go boom.
In case anyone else had trouble reading that shit
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #154641

palpatine213 wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:
palpatine213 wrote: Put in vanilla oxygen tank into 200 degree plasma can, fill the remainder of the tank with the plasma. Shit will blow up in about 5 seconds.
Oldman Robustin wrote:Heat can with 50% plasma/50% oxygen to 200 degrees, fill an empty tank up to the top with it = Shit won't even blow up, just internally smolders and like 60 seconds later it might leak for a bit.
Oldman Robustin wrote:Edit: Tried it again but with 500kpa of chilled oxygen and 513kpa of ~250 degree plasma and it caused a half-cap explosion that took out the entire room from a single tank in less than 3 seconds. Makes no goddamn sense. So you can eat a hot plasma dick Shadowlight, theres a lot of shit wrong with Toxins that has nothing to do with one issue where I underestimated the molar scale of hot v. cold gas.

1) The tank blows up not can. I know what pressure the tanks blow up. It doesn't many sense why there's a huge difference in the two methods. 200 degree mix with 50% plasma and 50% oxygen versus 20 degree oxygen mixed with 200 degree plasma that results in a mix of 180 degree gas thats 50% plasma and 50% oxygen. The resulting mix and temp are equal but one method gives you a single-tank bomb thats going to kill you if you dont toss it within seconds and the other gives you a slowly burning tank that will leak gas 1-2 minutes later but will never explode.

2) That explanation makes no sense, the "pre-mixed" gas is not at 50,000 degress, its not at 500 degrees, its at 200. The "'pre-mixed" versus the "just mixed" combination gives you the same temperature and ratio of gases immediately after the mix is finished, the difference is that the latter immediately skyrockets in temp/pressure and the former slowly heats up and never pops.

3) Same story.

TL;DR The mix immediately after I mix it is the same temp/ratio of gases, but depending on what method I used, the result is either a room-destroying explosion or a simmering tank of gas that leaks after a couple minutes. Why should one mixed tank of gas at 50/50 ratio ~200 degrees be different from another?

On another note: TTV explosions are fucked up too. I detonated my signaller bomb in my bag after a rev round had ended. Captain was standing 1 tile next to me. Result: Cap dies instantly, I am sitting in middle of a space crater with 100% health. I walk out, chat for a bit, and the round ends 20 seconds later.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #154644

Oldman Robustin wrote:I haven't been able to get near maxcap and I haven't seen anyone else hit it either.

A couple people say they can but I haven't seen it and they won't say how.

If there's some way to get it, thats fine with making us experiment, but I'll be very sad if maxcap is out of reach now.
Just last night Yackemflam made a bomb that fucking ERASED the bridge , command sector, and had bomb debris all the way to the end of the bar and start of the kitchen.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #154652

I haven't really played around with toxins in a while but what changed so that it is now suddenly a problem compared to before?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
neersighted
Byond Username: Neersighted
Github Username: neersighted

Post by neersighted » #154816

ITT: Robustin fails to comprehend the ideal gas law and fluid dynamics.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #154819

CPTANT wrote:I haven't really played around with toxins in a while but what changed so that it is now suddenly a problem compared to before?
The burn rate for gases, which is the fundamental calculation for bomb strength.
FreakyM
Byond Username: FriikkiM

Post by FreakyM » #160322

Took me a massive two rounds to figure out maxcaps again. There's no stopping the Finn.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין
Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin

Nostakaapa maljanne rivimiehille! - Tätä laulua ei kirjoitettu hallitsijoille
Moni palatsin muureilta saa tipahtaa - Pian uusi kuningas voi jälleen astua valtaan
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #160339

As an admin, who can see the yield of all explosions when adminning, I can confirm that maxcaps are still possible.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
FreakyM

Post by FreakyM » #160657

Ricotez wrote: last great mastery
More like took me two rounds to figure out the recipe, but then again, I'm the motherfucking Finn.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין

Moni palatsin muureilta saa tipahtaa - Pian uusi kuningas voi jälleen astua valtaan
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #160695

FreakyM wrote:
Ricotez wrote: last great mastery
More like took me two rounds to figure out the recipe, but then again, I'm the motherfucking Finn.
Spoiler:
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #160750

Maxcap takes a more complicated recipe now, is all.
TTVs can go well over the cap, and a well made canister bomb is even capable of hitting the cap.
I'm not allowed to share how, unfortunately.
Players can and will create their own fun.
FreakyM

Post by FreakyM » #160857

Shit, that means if I put the maxcap recipe as my forum signature like I had on the old forums, i get extra points?
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #160932

FreakyM wrote:Shit, that means if I put the maxcap recipe as my forum signature like I had on the old forums, i get extra points?
you won't, no balls
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
FreakyM

Post by FreakyM » #161020

eh, got asked not to, and I respect the person who said it. so yeah, I suppose I don't have the balls. for now.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין

Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #161029

It's funny, I haven't seen much science bombings lately, mainly because people don't know how to attain max cap in our current system.

In a way, max cap now is even more destructive than old cap. 5 tile range annhiliation , 10 on heavy and 20 on light : anything that's in the room gets absolutely obliterated, and the increased range on heavy damage pretty much makes sure the adjacent rooms doesn't get out undamaged. And if you know how to make suicide kits...Let's just say it will get nasty.

But then again...It's probably better to not leave a easy recipe around. The best way to learn, would probably to just hit the observe button at round start and hope to see someone doing the work. Or try to experiment.

I've hit the Maxcap myself, but my biggest problem to solver in order to go further is how to cram MORE plasma inside that bloody canister.
Oldman Robustin wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:Man this used to be pretty fucking easy. My usual formulas didn't do anything except bust one side of the tank and fart plasma everywhere. Then I accidentally bombcapped myself when I tried to fill up a plasma/oxy tank with my burn mix.

Yea when I stepped my game up from "enhanced version of old maxcap shit" to "holy shit I'm going to break the game with temps this high and gas this pure" all that happened was the plasma tank would pop off and I wouldnt even get an explosion.

Fuck that.
Too hot. Sure, you have pure plasma in there, and the hottest in the block. The problem is there isn't actually that much plasma inside the canister, due to the high temperature.
FreakyM

Post by FreakyM » #161034

I've hit a point where the bomb radar reports a decently large "potential" above the cap, and I suppose I have an idea how I could push that further, but really, why bother. The cap is now high enough that I don't feel the need to.

And since I haven't ran this image into the ground enough, here's the kinda shit I used to pull off routinely before the change.

מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין

Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #161045

I once got disintegrated by a maxcap bomb by my own gang member as a gang leader.

I was just outside of bridge and she was near medbay.

I actually thought it was funny, she even gave a warning and everything, I just didn't think HOW strong the bomb was.
Spoiler:
Nevermind that medbay was the base of my gang and she missed anyway
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #161051

I've reached: 16,32,64 after the last bomb change, quite fun to do those bombs.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #161406

Lzi is the true Lord of the explosion
I've never before met someone with maxcap canister bombs
Players can and will create their own fun.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161407

I'm kinda miffed that this probably means I have to recalibrate my singletanks.

Atmos mastery was the one thing I'd be proud of myself for.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
K0000
Byond Username: K0000

Post by K0000 » #171020

Can anyone get me up to date on the currrent bomb limits and what has changed in general? I've been away for like 2 years.
Spent a few rounds getting rust off and re-learning everyting. I've been told the limit is now a bit higher than it used to be back then, but apparently its 5-10-20... which is almost what it used to be?
I remember the number 15 as the old limit, and it supposedly meant the outer radius, but i think the inner radius was 5...
I've reached: 16,32,64 after the last bomb change, quite fun to do those bombs.
Goddamn, how's that even possible? I eventually reached 8-17-34 theoretical strength, but my technique is pretty much at its limit. I could maybe get it to 9, but no more. At this point both my tanks are roughly at 1500-2000 kPa, i did not think there was so much extra potential there.

Also
Spoiler:
do i understand it right that there's actually some tool which lets you directly heat the gas inside a tank? Damn that's make things so much easier.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #171206

K0000 wrote:Can anyone get me up to date on the currrent bomb limits and what has changed in general? I've been away for like 2 years.
Spent a few rounds getting rust off and re-learning everyting. I've been told the limit is now a bit higher than it used to be back then, but apparently its 5-10-20... which is almost what it used to be?
it used to be 3,7,14
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #171231

You are just a moron.
???
this has nothing to do with moles.

It's ideal gas law.
pressure is proportional to temperature divided by volume.

chemistry autism below dont open
Spoiler:
If we're going to talk about realism I think explosions in general are really shit in this game. The fact that it contains oxygen instantly means it's a low explosive involving conflagration, these are made from usually a combustible (plasma) and an oxidiser (oxygen). These are about as effective as firing a firework, because that is what they are.

An actual explosive compound usually has enough stored energy in of by itself that it doesn't need any oxidants. a simple physical stimuli will be enough to break said bonds and release the energy in a very short amount of time (that's all a explosion is at the end of the day, energy released in a very short time. If wood burnt entirely in under 0.1 seconds it too would be an explosion. There's also some things to do with gases being produced and therefor increase in volume but just take it as energy being released.) Some chemicals are so sensitive that even an alpha particle is enough to trigger them.

I would completely scrap plasma, yes, I know it's an integral part of the game or whatever but it's relied on a crutch far too often and honestly, the bomb making process is far too convoluted and usually involves using tricks more than anything to achieve the perfect bomb mix or whatever. Also it makes no sense if we're talking about it fundamentally, decreasing the energy of a molecule, doesn't matter how oxidising it is, does more harm than good in terms of a low explosive. I think that cooling down oxygen to that low will actually slow the rate of reaction so low that it may turn into a non spontaneous reaction, ΔS > 0 etc etc.

Just make bomb making involve fertiliser or whatever, with cooperation from the botanists or cargo in order to get illegal super strong fertilisers to make illegal fertiliser bombs and stash them into a security officers segway to bomb the heathens back to their false idol or whatever. It'll be far more accurate that this garbage we have.
crack is whack but smacks got your back