How Not to Be a Cock When Asking for a TC Trade

General SS13 Chat
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

How Not to Be a Cock When Asking for a TC Trade

Post by bandit » #157455

Recently there has been an uptick in people asking to trade their TCs for special items or powers. This can spice up a round. It can also make the admins want to murder you. So here is a quick guide on how not to be a cock while asking for a TC trade.

Don't ask the admins for shit you can make during the round.

TC trades are not a way to get around doing your job. If it can be made during the round -- especially if it can be made in the job you are assigned -- don't ask the admins to allow you to be lazy.

If the admin says "not this round," don't pester the admins.

In many cases there is IC information the admins cannot give out. Even if there isn't and the admin just doesn't feel like doing a TC trade, being an assclown about it is not likely to make them change their minds.

Asking for a TC trade every round produces diminishing returns.

A few people, and you know who you are, ask to trade TCs for special events literally every time they roll traitor. After a certain amount of trades it gets old and no longer spices up the round.

Your behavior in events and as a player in general affects how likely the admins are to trust you with TC trades.

Should be self explanatory but is... not.

Other administrators are free to add to this.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: How Not to Be a Cock When Asking for a TC Trade

Post by Anonmare » #157522

Don't ask for Wizard spells, or at the very least, don't ask for stuff like mindswap or fireball or any of the ridicolous robed spells. Wizard is a solo antag for 25+ pop for a reason.

Don't ask for Nuke OP guns or Pulse-based weapons.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #157523

If people want to trade away their TC to allow them to circumvent their job it's their loss TBH.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #157525

Depends on what they get. I think denying a scientist a SABR roundstart is fine because you KNOW that all he'll do is go on a turbo-murder spree with it and nothing else.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #157526

i am sad that this thread was necessary

you'd hope that basic social skills or intuition would be enough
Anonmare wrote:Don't ask for Wizard spells, or at the very least, don't ask for stuff like mindswap or fireball or any of the ridicolous robed spells. Wizard is a solo antag for 25+ pop for a reason.

Don't ask for Nuke OP guns or Pulse-based weapons.
i remember a round where admins gave a couple of traitors mindswap for their TCs, it was a fun round. it can be okay from time to time but very rarely and you shouldn't expect admins to just give it to you, since 99% they wont.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #157527

Best admin prayer I got answered was when I was monkeyfied and prayed to be turned into Reece Dempsey.
Name changed to Reece Dempsey, actually ended up saving me because the second genetics guy noticed my name and injected me back to human.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #157528

fun tip: if you've prayed like 2-3 times and didn't get a response, you're probably not going to get what you want. We've had people pray every 30 seconds like clockwork for their trade upwards of eight or nine times before someone tells them flat out no. Admins can get really busy really quickly and answering prayers/setting up gimmicks is usually at the bottom of the priority list, so feel free to send a second prayer or even an ahelp if no one responded to your first request, but if you don't get anything back, understand that it's probably not happening.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #157529

I trade crystals basically every time I roll traitor

I am the problem
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #157540

Sometimes I feel like doing solo nukeop/wizard gimmicks (you can usually trust me not to kill anyone, I'm a Bay-tier RP fan), but mostly if I'm wanting a TC trade it's because "oh god an unexpected thing happened can I swap {however many TCs I have left} for {something to escape the unexpected thing}".

Like that one time I got directly hit by a meteor whilst doing another objective, I swapped my TCs for changeling status to resurrect out of it.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #157541

I trade to be a spider sometimes. Make a maint layer, kill people, it's fun stuff.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #157545

I'm not particularly creative so I hate when people ask for a TC trade and not have something in mind they want to do.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #157547

I once was a ling and prayed for admins to do something fun. Loller asked if I wanted to have Jungle Fever and then everything was monkies and it was hilarious.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #157548

Gib wiznerd pl0x
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #157558

You can trade for a lot of things, not just rev or morph

items, var-edits, fake centcom announcements, abductor teams, var-edited spells, spells, anything basically that I can spawn or var-edit without crashing the server/in a reasonable time frame/without being deadminned, about the only rule is that 20 tc usually won't buy you anything more effective than 20 tc of uplink items unless you're a creative man

we probably like creative things rather than tc trade requests for items that are for outright killing

sometimes we will be ok with giving you OP roles or items but these will come with restrictions, for example, I might give bloodcrawl to someone on low pop but they won't be able to murderbone. Usually players are good about this and understand, and just use bloodcrawl to be annoying/spooky.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #157562

Hell just last night I traded a wizard's apprentice to turn him into a heavily var edited basilisk that looked like a floating ice skull that shot the ice beams everywhere.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #157627

For some reason it feels like this thread is very specifically directed towards me.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #157631

Wait why is it disliked for a traitor to trade in their telecrystals to get a item that could have been acquired through job progression (aka: RnD)?

I mean they're trading telecrystals for it.
bandit

Post by bandit » #157639

Steelpoint wrote:Wait why is it disliked for a traitor to trade in their telecrystals to get a item that could have been acquired through job progression (aka: RnD)?

I mean they're trading telecrystals for it.
Because it removes all semblance that the game is a game and not a glorified griff lottery. Part of this is admittedly a pet peeve -- the shift away from using the station itself as a tool to being able to buy anything and everything from your uplink is IMO one of the worst design shifts -- but part of it is common sense. It's far more interesting when traitors at least attempt to be part of the round itself.

admin feedback pls
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #157642

So a player requesting a bloodcrawl ability (with limitations) is fine but asking for a Laser Cannon is not?

I guess it is a pet peeve because outside of absurd overpowered items (like Phazons or something) I don't see a issue with someone spending TC's to get a higher tier RnD item.

Sure, its not exactly lore friendly (why are we researching something if it already exists (aka: all items in RnD)) but we've never been held to lore on /tg/.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #157653

Shaps wrote:fun tip: if you've prayed like 2-3 times and didn't get a response, you're probably not going to get what you want. We've had people pray every 30 seconds like clockwork for their trade upwards of eight or nine times before someone tells them flat out no. Admins can get really busy really quickly and answering prayers/setting up gimmicks is usually at the bottom of the priority list, so feel free to send a second prayer or even an ahelp if no one responded to your first request, but if you don't get anything back, understand that it's probably not happening.
A straightforward 'no' is very helpful. If I'm praying, I have no idea if anybody is listening or not (or, indeed, have simply missed it). That actually just made me adminhelp instead, because at least that can be flat-out rejected.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #157655

Cheimon wrote:
Shaps wrote:fun tip: if you've prayed like 2-3 times and didn't get a response, you're probably not going to get what you want. We've had people pray every 30 seconds like clockwork for their trade upwards of eight or nine times before someone tells them flat out no. Admins can get really busy really quickly and answering prayers/setting up gimmicks is usually at the bottom of the priority list, so feel free to send a second prayer or even an ahelp if no one responded to your first request, but if you don't get anything back, understand that it's probably not happening.
A straightforward 'no' is very helpful. If I'm praying, I have no idea if anybody is listening or not (or, indeed, have simply missed it). That actually just made me adminhelp instead, because at least that can be flat-out rejected.
Like I said, we try to be quick and respond to you ASAP, but when we're dealing with lots of ahelps, having someone spamming prayers really isn't helping.v
Steelpoint wrote:So a player requesting a bloodcrawl ability (with limitations) is fine but asking for a Laser Cannon is not?

I guess it is a pet peeve because outside of absurd overpowered items (like Phazons or something) I don't see a issue with someone spending TC's to get a higher tier RnD item.

Sure, its not exactly lore friendly (why are we researching something if it already exists (aka: all items in RnD)) but we've never been held to lore on /tg/.
Bloodcrawl is a controversial one that really varies from admin to admin, I don't really like giving it out personally after I mistakenly gave it to tsar once, but someone else might
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #157704

Bloodcrawl is too much power for traitors to have. As is any wizard mobility spell, they're all just too abusable.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #157705

it'd be neat if there was a little tab at the bottom that let you trade 20 tc for unique things

instead of a admin using var's to give you a timestop spell, you could use 20 tc to buy a pocket watch than when activated, stopped time.

or instead of asking a admin for a central command annoucement, you could be given a little pda chip that opened up a tab to make central command annoucements.

or if you wanted to be a cuck and buy research levels with your 20 tc, you could buy research disks containing levels on them.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Venticular
Byond Username: Venticuiliar

Post by Venticular » #157706

Zilenan91 wrote:Bloodcrawl is too much power for traitors to have. As is any wizard mobility spell, they're all just too abusable.
One time I saw a traitor with blood crawl and an E-Sword. Thing is, blood crawl + any weapon = easy mode murderbone.
The more people you kill, the more blood. The more blood, the easier it is to kill people.
There needs to be a maximum amount of power a traitor can receive with 20 TC.
My characters are Frank Lowe and Mel Cousins. I also play as CORION OS, the AI and Brainstorm the borg.
"I don't fail at much, but caring is one of them" -some guy

I'm actually back now bitches!
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #157713

John_Oxford wrote:or instead of asking a admin for a central command annoucement, you could be given a little pda chip that opened up a tab to make central command annoucements.
Traitors being able to make Central Command announcements would be great. Maybe add it as an option for emagging a comms console ("Fake a message"?).
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #157719

I hnaded out Bloodcrawl for 20 TCs (taking the whole uplink for it seeme reasonable to me) and they didn't murder anyone so I didn't have to worry about it blowing up in my face.

I'd only give players that level of player if I could trust them or afford to keep an eye on them the whole time tbh.
Venticular
Byond Username: Venticuiliar

Post by Venticular » #157721

Anonmare wrote:I hnaded out Bloodcrawl for 20 TCs (taking the whole uplink for it seeme reasonable to me) and they didn't murder anyone so I didn't have to worry about it blowing up in my face.

I'd only give players that level of player if I could trust them or afford to keep an eye on them the whole time tbh.
Really, it depends on the player.
I'm just saying, giving blood crawl to the wrong person could turn out very badly.
My characters are Frank Lowe and Mel Cousins. I also play as CORION OS, the AI and Brainstorm the borg.
"I don't fail at much, but caring is one of them" -some guy

I'm actually back now bitches!
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #157737

I remember when a player begged for create cult floor so they could turn the station into cult floor and then decided that clearly the admin intended for them to use that spell to pave all of space instead
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #157747

John_Oxford wrote:it'd be neat if there was a little tab at the bottom that let you trade 20 tc for unique things

instead of a admin using var's to give you a timestop spell, you could use 20 tc to buy a pocket watch than when activated, stopped time.

or instead of asking a admin for a central command annoucement, you could be given a little pda chip that opened up a tab to make central command annoucements.

or if you wanted to be a cuck and buy research levels with your 20 tc, you could buy research disks containing levels on them.
At that point though, if they're coded in they are functionally just 20 tc items, and should be made into the game as such. Trades exist because they are of uncertain balance, and whether an admin wants to do it will vary from round to round.
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #157767

bandit wrote:How not to be a cock
interesting concept
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #157815

Can recall and blood crawl be de facto excluded please?

Someone decided to trade 20 TC for blood crawl, recall item, and Esword. It was so fucking stupid.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #157825

Giving people cool stuff shouldn't be discouraged; what they use it for should. You can do some really fun stuff with bloodcrawl, like being a spooky demon, popping up in front of someone, and shouting "BOO!!". Recall isn't inherently bad either; using it for stealing people's bags is classic. The real problem is people using these fun things for non-fun purposes.

Give someone an M1911-P (infinite pulse/laser/taser pistol)? Sure. But they can't use it for killing people, only for ruining the exterior walls and making Engineering have a bad time. How about Ei Nath and a sleeping carp scroll? Absolutely, but they can only Ei Nath people they beat in honourable, fair single combat.

Don't just go yes or no to things - does the resident murderboner fan want an L6 and adrenals? They don't get the L6, but they do get a donksoft LMG - and instructions to minimise casualties! The Xenobiologist wants a staff of change? Of course - but a magical striketeam has been sent to recover it, and they need to defend Xenobiology against a wave of magical apprentices and wizard simple-mobs.
bandit

Post by bandit » #158885

OK, to balance out the salt, here is a example of a good TC trade.

Daisy Holmes was growing a fuckton of bluespace bananas as is her style, and filling the hallways with them. No one bit. (pun not intended) So she traded all her TCs for the admins to make the entire station population starving, forcing everyone to stuff themselves on the bananas, get shitfaced drunk from the reagents, and slip everywhere.

admin feedback pls
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #259284

One of my favourite trades was when one player traded to be the pilot for the infiltrator during a nuke ops round.
The only caveat being they weren't allowed to leave the ship, they took to the role remarkably well. Playing the role of part taxicab, part navigator. In the end, just being at the steering wheel proved instrumental for helping his teammates after bad firefights scattered them.
ImageImageImage
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #259291

That's the ops job I generally volunteer for.
Because it keeps me out of combat, unrobust faggot that I am.

Oh, right.
[youtube]EOQcnliEjXM[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #259316

I had a good round once where I played a retarded detective named Doofus and prayed to trade my revolver with a cap gun because "mom says I'm not allowed to play with real guns". Went around shooting at criminals and screaming "BANG BANG BANG!!"
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #259323

I ask for tator shop every time
It's surprising how many people try to fuck with the shop and how little customers i get
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #259348

I'm glad this thread was made - I'm personally seeing a lot of people actually being annoyed with admins for not doing TC trades. No one is owed a TC trade, nor are admins obliged to give them - if you ask for one and it happens, that's awesome, but don't expect TC trades. It just leads to people getting pissy when an admin misses their pray/doesn't want to give a TC trade at that moment, and I'm seeing it enough that I'm starting to consider making a list in notepad of "people I'm never going to TC trade". TC trades are a way to make the round more interesting, not a god given right for you to get something you want RIGHT NOW. (the best part is if the initial request gets missed and the player assumes we're just ignoring them to generate sodium for some reason)

In addition to the OP, if you're dead, don't get pissy when we say "no you can't TC trade". You're dead.
Limey wrote:its too late.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #259353

I consider 5 things (sometimes others) when determining if I'll grant a TC trade.

1) Do I find the trade interesting?
I like to use myself as a yardstick for trades because I spend a lot of time watching rounds. If I think it would be interesting to watch the antag play with whatever it is they requested I give some presumption to other ghosts enjoying the spectacle. This is also why I've never made xenos because I really just don't enjoy them as a concept though other admins may grant a trade for it. I've done abductors fairly often and a very rare devil trade though.
2) Does the trade add something interesting or meta breaking to the round?
I really like mixing antag types. I'm a big fan of any sort of TC trade meeting my other criteria that changes the traitor's role entirely from "another traitor with an esword" to an abductor team or a solo op, or whatever. Given the right circumstances I might be receptive to spawning a blob in a traitor round just to entirely throw off the meta of "ITS <antag type here>!" This is also the stage where I consider whether other players would consider interacting with the trade to be fair/interesting. Antag shouldn't be a griff lottery where everyone salivates at rolling it because "now I get to have fun for once" The antag is the centerpiece of the round because interacting with them should be as interesting as playing them.
3) Will grating the trade break the round in some way?
I grant devil extremely sparingly because it can spiral out of control very quickly and only a handful know how to stop it. I don't rush to tamper with bombcaps because even a single overcap bomb can decimate a chunk of the station. I'll always consider the effect of giving one antag something that the others won't be able to match or counter just because they didn't convince me first.
4) Is the trade a novel idea?
"admuns gib xeno plz kkkk" :faggot: I once gave a traitor two golden desert eagle pistols with spare mags for their TCs because I thought their edgy Columbine lizard gimmick was funny enough and thought through enough to justify. If you're praying for the same thing every round, don't expect it to happen.
5) Will the headmins launch me into the sun for granting this trade?
There's obviously certain things that are just off limits like megafauna and possessing the singulo. Don't ask and players should know when those sorts of things are clearly out of the realm of reason.

Other considerations are: when is the trade proposed? Start of round/20 minutes in/etc, does the trade involve other players directly into the fun? Abductors and borers are great for this because it shares the fun with others and makes for fun interaction.

Just a few thoughts on the matter.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #259364

protip you can spam the pray verb in the chatbar by pressing CTRL + UP and ENTER

Admins hate this.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #259367

beerobot wrote:protip you can spam the pray verb in the chatbar by pressing CTRL + UP and ENTER

Admins hate this.
protip the admins have a smite button for this :honk:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #259371

Someone asked for a bunch of ravenous, player controlled cows to stampede the station once.

Moo!
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #259373

cedarbridge wrote:
beerobot wrote:protip you can spam the pray verb in the chatbar by pressing CTRL + UP and ENTER

Admins hate this.
they cant' push it because the chat scrolls too fast for them.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #259393

beerobot wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

Admins hate this.
>Not using the player panel to mute them long enough for you to make the chat stand still to smite them
Gee oranges, I never knew you were so unrobust
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #259428

beerobot wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

Admins hate this.
>underestimating my lighting hands
>assuming we won't just mute you/punish you because it's difficult to click a smite button
Limey wrote:its too late.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #259487

I once asked for a TC trade for "either fireball or voice of god I guess"

I got both.

It was a fun round.

I killed Bryce Pax.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #259531

Arianya wrote:I once asked for a TC trade for "either fireball or voice of god I guess"

I got both.

It was a fun round.

I killed Bryce Pax.
Several years ago I remember a TC trade for fireball and a bunch of minor var edits with an appropriate costume for an antag player named Sagat. He still got dunked but watching him run down the hall kicking people and screaming TIGER! before getting caught was quality stuff.
Bolien
Byond Username: Bolien

Post by Bolien » #259534

Is the proper way to ask for a trade via ahelp or prayer?
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #259556

Bolien wrote:Is the proper way to ask for a trade via ahelp or prayer?
Don't ask for it 9 times, don't ask for something stupid, don't just TC trade with nothing in mind in hopes that the admin will have something planned for you instead.

Other than that just say whatever
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #259635

I once asked for a trade to become a sentient one potency banana peel.

An admin told me it wasn't possible.