So, secborgs re-enabled anytime soon?

General SS13 Chat
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: So, secborgs re-enabled anytime soon?

Post by DemonFiren » #198935

Bottom post of the previous page:

paprika wrote:oh shit i killed this thread lmao
>not even a month passed
>dead
???
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #198952

Sec borgs were a giant mistake
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #198956

PKPenguin321 wrote:yes it can come down to that and often does, but it also often does not come down to that. think of shit like assistants disarming the HoS for his gun (cant disarm borgs), people straight up chasing down others with axes or swords (pretty much doesn't work with borgs, no slowdown from damage), fist fights in the bar, throwing spears -> catching spears -> throwing spears back -> spears embedding, etc

pretty much anything can happen with humans, even "do you have stun y/n", but with borgs it is ONLY "do you have stun y/n"
This is one of the major issues with borgs (and likewise, why I did not think holoparasites were a good addition either for similar logic) and agree.
Combat is Not always about stuns only; damage to limbs, bleeding, and other shit often comes into effect during a conflict, planned and not. Borgs don't have much of this and even outright ordering does not work as often as it should. So yes, the one that turns into Robo-Shitcurity can bug off.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #198971

Maybe borgs should get the same damage slowdown humans get
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199130

Just make bayborgs, getting damaged hurts their internals (which they can selectively depower to stop draining power as quickly, with the obvious disadvantage of not being able to use whatever it was) and these require a roboticist to slot in replacements.

The internal systems I remember were motors, integrated magboots, light, radio, and powered armour plating, but fuck if I know.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #199165

I have long been a proponent of a more complex cyborg damage model. There isn't really a design to how simply they take damage they are just very out of date.

Disarm obsession is ridiculous. It's RNG and shit as a mechanic anyway. I would rather pushes dealing stamina damage and having a threshold for item droping.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #200790

I hate RNG as much as the next guy but disarm bullshit evens the playing field in a way that no other mechanic in ss13 does except slipping
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #200804

Aloraydrel wrote:Sec borgs were a giant mistake
Me too
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #202173

How about now?
They re-enabled now?
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #202184

They're never going to be renabled.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #202228

oranges wrote:They're never going to be renabled.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #202246

Problem with secborgs is that sec is one of the biggest sources of harm barring antags and lavaland.

They're a living, non-living, positronic contradiction.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #202250

Security borgs (who actually followed their laws) were basically the only force strong enough to stand up to an out of control murderous security team though. I do miss them for that.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #202251

A3STH3T1CS wrote:How about now?
They re-enabled now?
necromancers please go
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #202252

Kor wrote:Security borgs (who actually followed their laws) were basically the only force strong enough to stand up to an out of control murderous security team though. I do miss them for that.
Drop bolts and unpower.

Proceed to ignore until you get lynched in the ai core

cry cybernetic tears as harm multiplies
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #202263

Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooo.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #202281

You're right, they aren't really good for sec. We should make a new borg with a lascanon and e-shield that has a sublaw permitting lethal force on anyone who hurts crew or damages the station
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #202289

HOW ABOUT NOW :c4:
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #202308

Funny thing is, I haven't ever wanted a sec borg since they've been gone. I was against them being removed on the grounds that I thought the people whining were little shitlords who couldn't bothered to go and get some of the readily available simple counters to them; but since they've been gone I haven't ever been in a situation and thought 'dam, I could really use a security borg right now' or 'dam, this would never have happened with a sec borg around' it's opened up more dynamic ways to be security (shitcurity or otherwise) and to fight against security. I can't just send a borg to haul a prisoner up to me when I feel like slothfully sitting in the office and eating doughnuts. There's a genuine risk/reward component to finding shitheads and arresting them.

At this stage I wouldn't mind if they were back in some form (like a borg ERT member, or a lavaland mob being an evil secborg who got lost), but I agree with the others that they probably shouldn't be in the game proper as a role for normal borgs.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #202719

PlaugeWalker
Byond Username: PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #203236

This, respect it or remove peacekeeper as a whole.
Image\
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #203275

I agree as well, though I've already given up on this.

It was always an uphill battle. Secborgs were removed after a ridiculous short test-period with no time re-enabled after the test and now we can't even get a proper re-enabled test-period, closest I've seen was restricting Secborg to red-alert state... if it was at least blue-alert (the neutral default one) then it might be a compromise since on green-alert (when stuff is supposed to be safe and quiet) peacekeepers should be enough.

But whatever really, I think it has been made pretty clear how the game is managed.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #203279

I could get a poll in favor of a lot more retarded shit than readding secborgs but that does not mean it will happen

Being passive-aggressive about it like a pubescent teen doesn't really get you anywhere but it does make me laugh
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #203333

shut up paprika before I passive aggressive over your face
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #203338

Polls are only used when they fit the coder's agenda, like back when secborgs were removed every anti-silicon person threw out the one poll that just barely won saying more people (like ten) wanted secborgs removed, ignoring that there were two answers for wanting to keep secborgs and wanting to keep them with a nerf which when added together beat the removal votes by like 30.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #203339

TheNightingale wrote:Yes, you can disarm deathsquad pulse rifles easily. That's not a good thing.
Keep your distance when you're using your zappy gun instead of getting right in their faces where they can disarm you easily. Disarm is mostly fine as it is because it at least gives you somewhat of a chance of fighting back against someone who's got you significantly outgunned.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #203340

What if we just replace the entirety of security with a secborg team and make the brig a dual purpose AI chamber/harm containment facility.

oh wait wrong thread
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #203341

Mackeral being a meme and shitposting in a thread, looks like nothing has changed
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #218975

Why not just enable the secborg module only when the Station's AI is given a certain lawset? In all honesty, its really hard to justify secborgs under Asimov. If you're truly following that lawset, there's not much you can really do when detaining potentially harmful humans, and keeping said humans from being harmed by sec. Under any other lawset, there's a little more leeway when it comes to harm and following orders, thus the module doesn't have to struggle as much to operate at its full potential.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #218978

Secborgs were at their worst if they had any law other than aismov, though. You can't honestly tell me that powergaming secborgs under robocop is better because they have more "leeway".
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #218981

I'd rather have a borg blatantly exploiting another set of laws than to have it blatantly breaking Asimov constantly. I mean, don't get me wrong here. I love Asimov, but not many people fully grasp what it's all about. That's the only reason why I suggested using other lawsets with potentially-dangerous borg modules.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #218982

I'd rather not have secborgs at all PS necromancers please exit
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #218985

Sec borg should be enabled on low-pop. I'm just sick and tired of all the mindless low-sec murderboner.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #218991

PKPenguin321 wrote:I'd rather not have secborgs at all PS necromancers please exit
Given that your headmin promise is to keep secborgs out don't expect to get the popular vote
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #219019

Davidchan wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:I'd rather not have secborgs at all PS necromancers please exit
Given that your headmin promise is to keep secborgs out don't expect to get the popular vote
More like don't expect the your vote PS vote me for headmin
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219026

A vote for me is a vote to bring secborgs back.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Reece

Post by Reece » #219040

Yeah...but it's also a vote for you.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #219115

Still better than most of the others. Let that sink in
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #219133

Reece wrote:Yeah...but it's also a vote for you.
It could be worse, we could be voting for you
Reece

Post by Reece » #219164

You make a compelling argument.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #219242

Why would I want to vote for someone who wants to bring secborgs back?

Removing secborg was the best thing that ever happened to silicons.

Arresting traitor's shouldn't be the silicon's job ever. Silicon's should be a neutral force unless harm occurs.

And valadining the AI so it could shit on antag's every round was horrible.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #219243

Once again

Sec borg was a mistake
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #219246

Aloraydrel wrote:Once again

Sec borg was a mistake
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #219250

lzimann wrote:
Aloraydrel wrote:Once again

Sec borg was a mistake
Spoiler:
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #219251

>necropost
>shilling ensues

good lord
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #219252

Might I add that secborgs were a mistake?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #219253

I have an actual question. Anyone running on the "free secborgs" platform how do you plan on convincing one other headmin to back your idea?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219271

By pointing out that every server poll has resulted in players wanting secborgs back
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cancer_engine
Byond Username: Cancer_Engine

Post by cancer_engine » #219278

I consider myself an avid silicon-player, and I actually think that security borgs were always a bit of a sore thumb. They don't really feel "asimov" to me, whereas the peacekeeper borg completely is.
Also, everyone should just get more robust. Peacekeeper borgs are almost as effective as security borgs imo.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #219336

cancer_engine wrote:I consider myself an avid silicon-player, and I actually think that security borgs were always a bit of a sore thumb. They don't really feel "asimov" to me, whereas the peacekeeper borg completely is.
Also, everyone should just get more robust. Peacekeeper borgs are almost as effective as security borgs imo.
Do not cause harm and prevent harm. Sec borgs are more asimov than medborgs, yet everyone considers those the go to. Sec borgs are designed with asimov in mind, their equipment was/is made to pacify threats and prevent further harm to both the crew and the individual(s) attempting to cause harm. Putting medkits doesn't prevent harm, it just makes it go away, and by our own server policy borgs aren't allowed to dwell on past harm.

But secborgs were only removed because of HG, so apparently you all really like his dick that much if you're still going on how much they shouldn't come back.
aranamor
Byond Username: Aranamor

Post by aranamor » #219367

Why did we unban Paprika?
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio wrote:The height of tl;dr

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.