How do you even get banned in SS13?

General SS13 Chat
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Re: How do you even get banned in SS13?

Post by Nexendia » #17109

Bottom post of the previous page:

TheTerbs wrote:if only there was a full ban log because i have had so many fucking daybans
I have more then you.
っぽい
Spoiler:
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #17120

#show me notes.
Cassord

Post by Cassord » #17121

Do I have any notes? I would be really interested to see.
BigJamminJim

Post by BigJamminJim » #17122

I would like to see my notes
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #17123

Nexendia wrote:
TheTerbs wrote:if only there was a full ban log because i have had so many fucking daybans
I have more then you.
ban off

someone find every single time ive been banned since 2011

winner stays perma'd
you're gonna carry that weight
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #17127

TheTerbs wrote:
Nexendia wrote:
I have more then you.
ban off

someone find every single time ive been banned since 2011

winner stays perma'd
What about the loser?
ignore that
っぽい
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #17129

You know, Now i'm curious. I really wanna know how bad I've been.(even though I know it's just going to be a bunch of IC IN OOC)
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #17133

Nexendia wrote:
I have more then you.
no you don't
and that isn't something you should be proud of you fucking idiot.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #17134

ColonicAcid wrote:
Nexendia wrote:
I have more then you.
no you don't
Ohhhhhhh boy yes they most certainly do have equal to or more.
:^)
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #17136

no he really doesn't
ban for ban terbs has more.
>next you're going to tell me that redtape isn't the king of the notes throne
nah fuck you all
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #17156

ColonicAcid wrote:no he really doesn't
ban for ban terbs has more.
>next you're going to tell me that redtape isn't the king of the notes throne
nah fuck you all
No, I'll believe you on Redtape.
Spoiler:
I thought Nex had four accounts or something, too, all of which were banned? Might be thinking of someone else as well.
:^)
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #17166

My amount of daycations is ridiculous.

This is like an Ali v Tyson discussion

also can we include my 20+ forum bans
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #17274

teach me your ways of cool terbs
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #17294

geilebeer wrote:teach me your ways of cool terbs
Well just don't have self control that's p much it
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #17315

Notes for knaive: [+]
17-Dec-2013 | One of the server's most popular players according to http://www.ss13.eu/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2520 ~ikarrus [-]
17-Dec-2013 | Before you read this: Please don't judge me... I'm just sharing my story because people asked... Wow... okay, I wasn't sure if I was ever going to tell anyone about this, but it's late and I'm sleep deprived so i guess I'll just write it now and regret it in the morning :/ First of all, - just for some background: My mom died right when I was born, (she was actually really, really hot- but this isn't about her. I guess that's fucked up to say, but whatever.) I actually grew up with my dad's family, because my dad has all sorts of emotional issues and he bailed before I was born. So you can see, my childhood was really kind of messed up. Anyways, growing up I feel like there was always a lot of distance between me and my sister. When I was about 17 or 18 I first noticed that my sister was a hottie. I don't want to go into too many details about it, but basically what happened is that I accidentally found a video that she made of herself. I knew she didn't make it for me- but I thought she was so fucking beautiful that I watched it twice. I probably would have watched it a hell of a lot more, except that like right around the time I found the video, all this crazy shit went down and I had to leave home. (My dad's family who I was staying with got in bad trouble with the law. I never talk about it). Sooo... I was totally lusting after my sister at that point. She was also having bad trouble with the law. She was actually in custody when I left home. My friend and I went to go pick her up. When I saw her that day, after seeing the video, I have to be honest, I just wanted to fuck her brains out. Looking back on it now, it's pretty messed up- but I think she had feelings for me too. She actually kissed me right after we came to get her... and it wasn't a sisterly kiss, you know? I mean, it wasn't like ridiculously sexual or anything, but it definitely wasn't sisterly. After we left, we all went to crash with my Sister's friends. On the trip there, my friend sort of implied that he wanted to get with my Sister, and I got a little jealous. He's a good looking guy- and even though she was my sister- I just felt like he was competition. Not much else happened between us for a while except some maybe-sexy hugging. Pretty much everyone in my life at that point was wanted by the government, so we all moved around a lot. I'm not saying that I'm proud of it or anything, but it was kind of an awesome time. My friend and my sister never hooked up I don't think- but I thought there was some serious sexual tension going on between them. It was around that time that I got really badly hurt in an accident. It was fucked up. I almost died. But when I was in recovery my sister came to see me, and out of the clear blue sky she started gives me this awesome, slow, passionate kiss on the lips. Sadly (although, I guess for the best) nothing ever came of it. We spent some time apart... and I started to get really religious, so I tried not to think of her that way. It was actually going well for a long time- like I was totally over her. But I have to say, like a year or so after all that stuff went down, we were out sailing (not like a date or anything romantic like that), and she was wearing like the hottest bikini I've ever fucking seen and it brought back all the old feelings. Sigh. A little while later she actually wound up with my friend from before (the sexual tension guy). I can't say I was surprised. But even after she was shacking up with my friend, there was one time we were at a party... my friend was inside, and my sister and I were outside alone. It was a really intimate moment. I think something might have happened, except that I killed the mood when I told her that Darth Vader was our father and that I had to go face him. ~ikarrus [-]
02-Apr-2014 | Banned for 0 minutes - http://puu.sh/7TgmJ.png -- (TL;DR requested perma. Anyone should lift this if asked) ~pandarsenic [-]

Notes for isane: [+]
18-Apr-2013 | Random cutting of wires as a non antag- has been warned against doing this again as a non antag role and told next time a ban will be applied (wires were random wires in maint power grid) ~hbk2006 [-]
29-May-2013 | Known to metafriend with Sonia Aronkoth ~brotemis [-]
29-May-2013 | Griefed the HOP and attempted to break into his office, then stunned and cuffed the HOP when he left his office and left him bucklecuffed in arrivals. ~brotemis [-]
30-May-2013 | Warned to cut back on metagaming/powergaming as HOP. This is the second time. First time was for using codewords as a nontraitor hop to try and out other traitors. ~brotemis [-]
30-May-2013 | Appearance banned - Giving Sonia Aronkoth(ReploidGodX) access they shouldn't have at roundstart over the course of many, many rounds without a single word or PDA message being shared between the two. ~pickleinspector [-]
01-Jun-2013 | Executed about three people when stun weaponry was available. Toes the line between valid hunting, powergaming, bannable metafriending, and being a dick. ~pickleinspector [-]
05-Jun-2013 | Banned - Ic in ooc ~tsaricide [-]
07-Jun-2013 | Warned Isane about sending disposals to places that people would die and not be able to escape. next time its a bann ~tsaricide [-]
10-Jun-2013 | Banned - ic in ooc ~tsaricide [-]
11-Jun-2013 | Banned - Killed and spaced Scotty for shooting her once with a laser after she whipped him. ~pickleinspector [-]
12-Jun-2013 | IC in OOC ~pickleinspector [-]
26-Jun-2013 | Banned from Quartermaster - Stole guns as a cargo tech, attacked/aided in murdering an officer when he permad them for harboring a traitor/stealing guns. ~cdb [-]
26-Jun-2013 | Banned from Cargo Technician - Stole guns as a cargo tech, attacked/aided in murdering an officer when he permad them for harboring a traitor/stealing guns ~cdb [-]
01-Jul-2013 | 26-May-2013 | Last time I'm putting a note before a jobban. More powergaming as HOP, yellow gloves, rushing the AI upload apparently. ~brotemis ~pickleinspector [-]

Notes for alzam: [+]
27-May-2014 | Warned about abusing shitty byond mechanics: stacked a huge pile of ambrosia and robbed people when they right clicked it. They were traitor, however. ~creationpro [-]

Notes for nexendia: [+]
06-Nov-2013 | Banned from pAI, AI, Cyborg - Used lethal lasers on a Wizard as an Asimov AI. ~subtlegraces [-]
13-Nov-2013 | Banned from cultist - Gave up the other cultists to the captain because he doesn't like playing as cult. ~intigracy [-]
13-Nov-2013 | Banned for 1440 minutes - Gave up the other cultists to the captain because he doesn't like playing as cult. ~intigracy [-]
24-Nov-2013 | Shitter. Uses IED'S to break into atmos and then hacks in, just to steal the hardsuit. Seeks out the syndie shuttle during nuke as well ~brotemis [-]
25-Jan-2014 | [REDACTED]

Notes for rg4ordr: [+]
16-Feb-2014 | Doesn't know how to listen to admins ~hornygranny [-]
28-Feb-2014 | Warned for use of excessive force that resulted in a murder. ~laharlmontgommery [-]
02-Mar-2014 | Banned for 15 minutes - IC In OOC ~rockdtben [-]
09-Mar-2014 | Banned for 1440 minutes - OOC: RG4ORDR: Malf and emags what the fuck is this bullshit ~ikarrus [-]
16-Mar-2014 | Banned from Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer - Logged out at roundstart as RD. Please explain yourself on the forums to lift this ban. ~jordie0608 [-]
25-Mar-2014 | Warned for lasering a person because he thought he was a revolutionary, later reviving him in the permabrig. ~nerolat [-]
24-Jun-2014 | Banned for 1 minutes - rekt ~mrstonedone [-]
24-Jun-2014 | Warned for breaking windows in escape and ahelping when arrested by sec ~jordie0608 [-]
25-Jun-2014 | Suicided 3 seconds after roundstart as HoP. Remained on the server until questioned, then abruptly logged off after a single reply. UNBANNED AND WARNED. ~stickymayhem [-]
29-Jun-2014 | Banned from Research Director, Scientist, Geneticist, Roboticist - Assaulted Cargo with a Durand as the RD because one of the cargo techs was making threats over the request console. Multiple people died. ~exalted12 [-]
29-Jun-2014 | Banned for 1440 minutes - Assaulted Cargo with a Durand as the RD because one of the cargo techs was making threats over the request console. Multiple people died ~exalted12 [-]
02-Jul-2014 | Banned for 30 minutes - Infected himself as a shaft miner and began breaking maintenance windows to give the larva a good spot to grow. Was warned and then immediately continued smashing windows into space. ~stickymayhem [-]

Notes for cassord: [+]
20-Aug-2013 | Shooting people with Space Drugs ~mrglasses91 [-]
20-Aug-2013 | Banned from Chemist - Shooting people with syringes full of mutagen as a non-antag. ~mrglasses91 [-]
20-Aug-2013 | The above ban is a slap on the wrist, the reason for shooting people was: "I was bored". ~mrglasses91 [-]
06-Jun-2014 | Warned for killing a chemist that was spacewalking without taking damage, because he thought them to be a changeling. ~leibniz [-]

Notes for bigjamminjim: [+]
12-Feb-2013 | Observed - making endless disposal loops as a nonantag CE. ~alien219 [-]
30-Jan-2014 | Made another endless loop thing in atmos as nonantag atmos tech. ~gamarr [-]
13-Apr-2014 | Banned for 2880 minutes - Murdered crew with a floortile launching disposals loop during Nuke; "To kill the operatives" ~subtlegraces [-]
13-Apr-2014 | Banned from Chief Engineer, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician - Building dangerous disposal loops, again. ~subtlegraces [-]
27-May-2014 | Has one free any antag token. ~bluespace [-]

Notes for thanatosra: [+]
Clean
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #17316

Thanks for pulling notes, Ikarrus! I think you got mine wrong though -- my ckey is bgobandit (Not just "bandit") and I know my notes can't be clean because I have two bans on it, even though both were overturned.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #17317

Well, now I'm curious about my notes. Funny how the thread turned out like this, maybe someone should make a separate thread dedicated to people asking to see their notes.

Also what the hell is up with knaive's second note? Forum spam?
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #17318

It was his admin wish for the Christmas event I was running.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #17320

i saw that twist coming from a mile away.
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #17322

fucking knaive
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Post by Knaive » #17323

Gotta fill them notes somehow man, and I'm too lame to get bans
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #17325

Please post mine.
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #17328

Muh notes.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #17404

How the hell is my record CLean. HOW. HOW MAN HOW. I know for a fact i've been banned at least 5-6 times for IC in OOC.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Braindude

Post by Braindude » #17405

gibe de notes b0ss
I play apple ringer

ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #17409

If you do braindude it's best to get his original account, SergeantSkread as well.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #17419

I didn't even know they were the same person. That explains it.

People asking for notes: Go PM someone in #adminbus.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #17422

Course it does.
I was the one who suggested he was ban evading, I also found out that after the account Braindude got perma'd I found his other two accounts that he played as.

Literally I dunno but I think he may be retarded because he does the exact same thing when he makes an account. He talks in ooc as if he knows the game. If your account is 1 day old you shouldn't know the game and you shouldn't join in jokes that you had no part of in the first place. Well I thought he was retarded anyway because it /was/ sergeantskread but still, it enforced my thought.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #17448

I got banned for greytiding, and stealing the PA twice in one round. Worth it.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #17910

D-do I have notes, admin-kuns?
/vg/station Head Admin
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #17923

I'm just curious if my notes contain the incident that I got the clusterfuck rule invoked in a non-rev/cult round. If so, please post it!
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #17945

shut up post my notes
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #17953

420goslingboy69 wrote:shut up post my notes
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #17977

Can we just make playernotes publically accessible?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
moorden

Post by moorden » #17985

Psyentific wrote:Can we just make playernotes publically accessible?
I think you should only be able to see your own notes if you're not an admin.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #17987

There are still some sensitive information I'd still like to keep private. I've been careful with the notes I've pasted so far.

For the most part though, I don't see a problem in people reading their notes.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Orzorn

Post by Orzorn » #18022

Post 'em.

I know for sure I had a dayban for beating some guy to death as chaplain for disarming me. Man, that was a while ago.
tolstovskiy

Post by tolstovskiy » #18030

Finally got banned for 1 day for killing yet another autistic virologist(I got adminhelped about similar situations once or twice before) that was silently trying to first randomly inject me then infected me by coughing on me. Virologists, i don't care how much longer my dick will become, i'm not getting your virus in my blood if i have to go around sneezing and coughing.
Warfour

Post by Warfour » #18033

I think this was back in 2011/2012. Generally when I play sec I try to be reasonable, gather evidence, interview people and not be a complete shit. At the start of this round we had a few people rioting and breaking glass around the front of security. So myself and two other guys were sent to disperse them and arrest them if they resisted. Most did the sane thing and just booked it when our jackboots started clanging down the hall, but a few stayed. One of those was lindsay donk, who promptly took a swing at me while shouting something i forget. So of course I chase her down the long corridors of the station till I finally stun and cuff her.

At this point the sentence was going to be fairly lenient, 1 minute for petty vandalism, 2 for mild assault of a officer and another minute for resisting arrest. Then on they way back to sec I get bumped by an assitant and the first thing lindsay does is book it. This chase ends up repeating itself about four times, as every time I get close to getting her in jail another one of her rioting friends would run up and bump me or try and push me down. This whole thing went on for so long that she actually began to starve cause she couldn't eat with handcuffs on, while I grabbed a few snacks from a machine.

When I finally got her in a cell the timer had racked up to about 12 minutes and I was frustrated at the whole lot of the stations assistants for their constant efforts to free her. After heading out on patrol for 6 minutes I hear that Lindsay had somehow escaped from jail over sec chat. So I head out, find her and as I'm ready to bring her in yet again she says to me "I'll just do this again you know?". At this point I snap, instead of dragging her to sec I drag her over to the escape airlocks while she screams endlessly for help. I quickly strip of her gear leaving only her radio and tell her to say one last goodbye before throwing her naked into space. She made some sort of sappy speech to her lesbian partner about how much she will miss her before she went into crit due to vacuum.

After talking to a admin about what had happened for 15 minutes we settled that I should just be job banned from sec for a week or two considering what happened. Looking back it was still totaly worth it for that feeling when she spiraled into space and that is the only time I have managed to be banned from anything on SS13.
A body can be brought back, but burgers spill no secrets
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #18036

If you guys are interested in reading your notes, just ask an admin in-game. It's starting to become real time consuming getting everyone's requests on the forums.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #18363

Pretty sure I got warned once for telling the AI to electrify Atmospherics (he actually did it). At the time I had no concept of AI laws and didn't realise it was a shitty thing to ask an Asimov AI to do. I was also under the impression it was the best way to protect Atmospherics from would-be traitors, an idea I had gotten from my brother.

In hindsight he may have actually been giving me Malf tips. I was pretty confused and noob-ish in general.

Whoops.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #18373

Only time I've ever been banned was when I released the singularity. Only reason I even did that was I was drunk and stupid. I've gotten quite a few adminPMs for doing stupid shit when I lose my temper like beating the CE into crit for taking my ID for a stupid reason but that's about it.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #19187

being a newbie and setting the PA to 2 as non antag mid round and then thinking i could get away with it without getting bwoinked is a fond memory.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Helios127
Rarely plays

Post by Helios127 » #19290

Heres a fun and creative way to get banned in SS13.

Raid servers! When doing so, be sure to type in "OOC HEIL TGSTATION!"

Disclaimer: Dont.
just play on /vg/station, go have fun for christs sake
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #19328

Ah, that mating call. I am forced to move as fast as humanly possible to this server wherever this raid is happening and procreate by griefing the shit out of the denizens of the server.
Vaegir Guard
Byond Username: Vaegir Sharpshooter

Post by Vaegir Guard » #19337

Oops,nevermind.
captain planet wuz her
davirr
Byond Username: Davirr

Post by davirr » #24110

I would like to see my notes as well.
davirr
Byond Username: Davirr

Post by davirr » #24111

Also It's pretty easy to get banned, kidnap someone for forced surgery, don't even have to de brain them just like a cavity implant is enough.
Cavoglave
Byond Username: Cavoglave

Post by Cavoglave » #24229

*le me stands next in line*
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #24233

Cavoglave wrote:*le me stands next in line*
god

damnit
Big Faggot
Byond Username: Floof5467

Post by Big Faggot » #24234

non consensual ERPing is one way to get banned.