Server via LAN (evolve)

General SS13 Chat
Vuk Farkas
Byond Username: Vuk Farkas

Server via LAN (evolve)

Post by Vuk Farkas » #230376

Basically i want to host a server, and people to connect via LAN (evolve actually), i read it has been done before (so no need to portforward and such, or even have a router); but i couldnt find an explanation on how was it done!

I used to host servers before, until my ISP fucked me ower by putting me under a local router (10 people share same IP, and personal routers dont work). This sadly meant not being able to play with friends alone anymore....

Reason i want to do this is to play on an extended server (with no events and such) with all races enabled from roundstart, with invited friends only, so we can practise and experiment to our hearts content, without any griefers and such that usually plague the servers. I have a really hard time finding extended servers for any code...

Can anyone help me with this?
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Re: Server via LAN (evolve)

Post by John_Oxford » #230377

Open the byond hub
Scroll all the way to the bottom
Click join on the server all the way at the bottom.

problem solved
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Vuk Farkas

Post by Vuk Farkas » #230379

I tried inviting my friend while i am on my server, with evolve set up, but they couldnt join...
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #230394

just code in a ckey whitelist, can't be that hard
Vuk Farkas

Post by Vuk Farkas » #230429

A step by step instruction would be apreciated...
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #230725

nah I'm too lazy eh
Vuk Farkas

Post by Vuk Farkas » #231560

So yer not too lazy to make 2 posts, and in such a way that it seems ya know how tis done, but yer too lazy to actually share the knowledge? Seems to me you just want to look smart, but with no proof to back it up.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #231570

Vuk Farkas wrote:So yer not too lazy to make 2 posts, and in such a way that it seems ya know how tis done, but yer too lazy to actually share the knowledge? Seems to me you just want to look smart, but with no proof to back it up.
Uh friend. You shouldn't talk shit while you can't understand that once you're in an evolve party you connect to the corresponding internal ip of who's hosting it in your evolve party.
Also. Don't sass Oranges.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #231571

Vuk Farkas wrote:So yer not too lazy to make 2 posts, and in such a way that it seems ya know how tis done, but yer too lazy to actually share the knowledge? Seems to me you just want to look smart, but with no proof to back it up.
He doesn't owe you a step by step or a solution for a problem that can be solved with 5 minutes or less of googling you absolute shit.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Vuk Farkas

Post by Vuk Farkas » #231578

D&B wrote:
He doesn't owe you a step by step or a solution for a problem that can be solved with 5 minutes or less of googling you absolute shit.
Well yer quite rude, and obviously didnt read... in case ya missed, i did google quite a bit, and found no answers, besides that it has been done (but not how it was done). I even ran into some post claiming they even hosted via drop-box! (but again with apsolutely no explanation how). I wouldnt have asked here if i was able to find answers via google!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #231596

Guys please, this dude very politely ahelped asking me this a while back and I turned him to our forums on the hopes that somebody would be happy to help him, let's not shit on each other :(
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #231617

8-)
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #231624

Vuk Farkas

Post by Vuk Farkas » #231830

Well i used the Alipheeses suggestion (i abandoned all hope for gettin any answers here) but aparently i had to combine it with another method (byond://localhost:port) where localhost was my evolve IP and port would be the one dream daemon is using, anythin else i tried didnt work at all. (this was done before i saw oranges response today). Might give it a go with oranges suggestion if i'm in the mood to tinker again. (altho oranges suggestion is for allowing chosen people only, not an aswer to my problem with hosting via LAN it seems)
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #231851

Vuk Farkas wrote:Well i used the Alipheeses suggestion (i abandoned all hope for gettin any answers here) but aparently i had to combine it with another method (byond://localhost:port) where localhost was my evolve IP and port would be the one dream daemon is using, anythin else i tried didnt work at all. (this was done before i saw oranges response today). Might give it a go with oranges suggestion if i'm in the mood to tinker again. (altho oranges suggestion is for allowing chosen people only, not an aswer to my problem with hosting via LAN it seems)
if it took you that fucking long to figure it out (which is how it works on evolve as I use it sometimes) you must be either young as fuck ~12 or just fucking stupid.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #231859

Vuk Farkas wrote:Well i used the Alipheeses suggestion (i abandoned all hope for gettin any answers here) but aparently i had to combine it with another method (byond://localhost:port) where localhost was my evolve IP and port would be the one dream daemon is using, anythin else i tried didnt work at all. (this was done before i saw oranges response today). Might give it a go with oranges suggestion if i'm in the mood to tinker again. (altho oranges suggestion is for allowing chosen people only, not an aswer to my problem with hosting via LAN it seems)
I misread your original question, but you called me out so I had to code the whitelist
Vuk Farkas

Post by Vuk Farkas » #232104

Alipheese wrote:
if it took you that fucking long to figure it out (which is how it works on evolve as I use it sometimes) you must be either young as fuck ~12 or just fucking stupid.
well aint ya the rude one full of presumptions! I'm just used to older more direct and simpler programs, computers arent my field, i'm too fuckin old to be 12, and i certanly aint stupid, just cause it took me a while to figure out somethin i never done before. Ya could cut down yer ego by some notches a bit. I came here, cause i was directed by an admin, to ask a question that puzzled me and bunch of my friends; in hopes i could get a short, direct, step by step instruction/answer; and maybe my thread to be used as an example for anyone asking in the future!

Instead its like i walked in a cage with shit-flinging monkeys, where each monkey pretends its the best at a pissing contest. You all who pretend to know or even have read my question, and ya pretend to be better/smarter; why didnt ya prove your worth? In fact instead of shutting the fuck up, or at least providing the answer, ya continue the shit-flinging, which seems is the only thing some of you are capable of.

Well i learned my lesson, not gonna bother with the forums here, since they seem to be infested with mentioned monkeys, and there are simply too few who would at least read what is written. (honor to the exceptions)
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #232164

Youll fit right in here along side John Oxford and Fantasticfwoosh.
I literally gave you all the information you needed.
Do you literally need a video of it for gods sake?
I know what i told you was 100% accurate as i was using evolve last night.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Vuk Farkas

Post by Vuk Farkas » #232417

What ya said was partial info ya just said players should connect to hosts evolve IP... which is basically 1/3rd of the information i needed.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #232517

Open evolve. Login. Add friends name on evolve to friends list. Either make a party or have a friend make one and invite you. (Doesn't matter who fucking starts it). Once your both in a party wait for an ip to be given to you both/all. Start up the server. They enter the ip address that evolve gave them in the party window to join. Youre in. I had a good nap and good dream. Enjoy.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #262901

Alipheese wrote:Youll fit right in here along side John Oxford and Fantasticfwoosh.
I literally gave you all the information you needed.
Do you literally need a video of it for gods sake?
I know what i told you was 100% accurate as i was using evolve last night.

it's important to remember, in order to control a cage of shit flinging monkeys, you must become a shit flinging gorilla and proceed to fling shit harder and chimp out harder than the other monkeys that way they know your the boss
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.