ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Every single possible thing you can do with a clock

Post by ChangelingRain » #234731

This iiiiiiiiiis:
A list of every clockcult synergy, tip, and trick that I know of:
General tips:
  • You can unanchor clockwork structures with a wrench, though doing so will damage the structure by 25% of its maximum health. Damaged structures are, in general, weaker.
  • Teamwork. Seriously. You can't lone wolf off into the sunset, as pretty much all of your interactions rely on having allies.
  • Build a base. Seriously. You might think "Oh, I can just do that after converting half the station." but you won't get far without a base and the higher-tier scripture it grants, and if you have too many people converted, you won't have the component generation you need to really set up a base.
  • You should only try to build bases on the station or on lavaland; anywhere else suffers massively increased component costs and recital time, and you can't afford that.
  • Slab component generation is already super slow, and only gets slower as you convert more people. Build Clockwork Walls near Tinkerer's Caches to offset this.
Scripture Tips:
Drivers:
Spoiler:
Belligerent:
  • Good for disrupting assaults on a base, as it makes it far easier to catch and attack enemies.
  • Also makes it waaaaay easier to land Judicial Blasts.
  • You don't need to sit around reciting for the entire duration; usually you only need a single chant to disrupt enemies.
Judicial Visor:
  • The visor itself protects from flashes.
  • Judicial Blasts are very easy to land in confined spaces.
  • Judicial Blasts also mute targets hit; try firing one at a target being converted by Geis to make sure they don't escape or yell.
Judicial Marker:
  • A cyborg-only scripture possessed by Standard, Peacekeeper, and Miner cyborgs that has a short invocation time, but can be fired far more often than a standard visor.
Vanguard:
  • Stun absorption makes a lot of standard security tactics not work particularly well, especially flashbangs.
  • If you feel like your Vanguard is about to run out, retreat to avoid being stunned in the middle of a fight.
Linked Vanguard:
  • A cyborg-only scripture possessed by Medical and Miner cyborgs that grants Vanguard to the cyborg and a selected target.
Sentinel's Compromise:
  • The Compromise works on mechanical Servants, and will not do toxin damage to them.
  • Clockwork Floors gradually heal toxin damage, making the Compromise extremely efficient inside of areas you control.
Geis:
  • Using Geis on a target already bound by an ally will interrupt the target's escape and repair the binding.
  • Geis can be used semi-offensively, as it forces the target to drop items and stand still, or in other words, makes them a sitting duck for attacks.
  • Both the pre-cast recital and the conversion recital become slower as you gain more Servants, making Geis less and less effective as you gain more power.
  • The Geis binding can be repaired with a proselytizer or a mending motor, allowing you to secure conversions with it even later in the round.
Taunting Tirade:
  • Like Belligerent, good for disrupting assaults.
  • You can move for a few seconds after each invocation, making this scripture also excellent for escaping enemies.
Replicant:
  • If you convert a human, use this. Jam the slab into their hands and insist they take it.
  • People holding slabs generate components gradually, and handing out slabs offsets the gradual component generation slowdown that you'll run into if you're converting.
  • You can hit allies with your slab to transfer components to their slab; this is useful early, to get a Cache up without waiting to gain an alloy.
Tinkerer's Cache:
  • You need to make these. Seriously. They allow you to share components, are required to unlock scripture, and produce components if within 4 tiles of a Clockwork Wall.
  • You can pull Replicant Alloy out of these; Replicant Alloy can be used to fuel proselytizers and mending motors or used in-hand to convert it to brass sheets, useful to construct various clockwork objects, including Clockwork Walls.
  • Hit these with your slab basically all the time to share components.
  • The cost of constructing these increases as you make more of them; try not to go too overboard.
Wraith Spectacles:
  • These damage your vision, but only very gradually, and the damage will gradually repair itself.
  • Use these to check for people behind walls, such as when you're exiting your base or preparing to break into somewhere.
Truesight Lens:
  • A cyborg-only tool possessed by Service and Miner cyborgs that grants xray vision to the cyborg when in a module slot.
Sigil of Transgression:
  • Fire Judicial Blasts at targets stunned by these to mute them; the sigil itself does not mute on its own.
  • When these sigils are triggered, they attempt to flash all non-Servants in the area, which can majorly disrupt non-security crew trying to attack your base.
Scripts:
Spoiler:
Ocular Warden:
  • Put these behind, at LEAST, a window. They are fragile as heck.
  • You need at least 3 tiles of space between each one, so try to place them in a way that maximizes the amount of them you can make.
  • You CAN unwrench and move these, but you still need 3 tiles of space between each to anchor them again.
Cogscarab:
  • You need a filled Soul Vessel to activate the shell. This should be evident, but.
  • Cogscarabs are very, very useful, as they have fast tools and a fast proselytizer that can directly convert metal, metal products, and brass to alloy.
  • It's best to listen to Cogscarabs if they're yelling at you about something, because they usually know what they're doing.
Fellowship Armory:
  • Grants all nearby allies with open slots clockwork armor; advise allies to remove gloves, shoes, helmets, and armor before reciting.
  • The armor provides very high melee, bullet, and bomb resistance, but a weakness to lasers, and the gauntlets provide shock resistance.
  • Fun fact: If Ratvar is alive, the full suit of armor is spaceworthy, and the shoes are noslip.
Sigil of Submission:
  • You can stack sigils of different types; stack Submission and Transgression for conversion traps.
  • Even if the conversion fails, the target will be briefly stunned; use this to take out implanted targets that you didn't know were implanted.
Soul Vessel:
  • Soul Vessels can be used in-hand to attract ghosts, and, even if unused, may attract clever spirits anyway.
  • Empty Soul Vessels can be used on unconscious or dead non-Servant humans in a similar manner to a soulstone.
  • You can place Soul Vessels in cyborg shells, though do note that the cyborg produced will have an obvious name.
Clockwork Proselytizer:
  • This is a very useful tool, as it allows you to easily produce a base and gain CV, in addition to having a few other functions.
  • Using a proselytizer on a Tinkerer's Cache will try to refill the proselytizer from the global cache after trying to repair.
  • You can convert floor tiles, rods, metal, and plasteel to brass sheets with this.
  • You can convert airlocks with this, which can allow you far easier access to some places at the obvious cost of making it obvious what sort of cult there is.
Function Call:
  • Using this grants you a permanent summonable ratvarian spear. You'll only lose your spear if you're cloned.
  • The spear lasts 3 minutes and summoning it incurs a 3 minute cooldown, so you can have the spear up pretty much all the time.
  • Pulling a human target then attacking them with the spear does massive damage. Throwing the spear at a target also does massive damage and stuns.
Spatial Gateway:
  • The gateway produced is one-way, so if you're using this to rescue someone, you'll need to cast it again.
  • The gateway produced gains duration and uses for each Servant next to you when you finish reciting it; try to get people to group around you before casting if you can.
  • You should really try to avoid facing a wall or a dense object when casting this. Failing because you can't walk into the gateway is just embarrassing.
Volt Void:
  • Very quickly drains power from everything you can see, including non-Servant cyborgs and mechs that don't contain a Servant.
  • Stand on a Sigil of Transmission, or you'll probably go into crit if you drain too much power.
Applications:
Spoiler:
Sigil of Accession:
  • These are like Sigils of Submission, but they remain after converting non-mindshielded targets.
  • These can be used to convert mindshielded targets.
  • Try stacking one of these and a Vitality Matrix on top of a Clockwork Floor to gain some vitality for each target you convert, though be careful; if you do this with a too-weak target, they may die and be consumed instead of converted and healed.
Vitality Matrix:
  • Got non-Servant corpses you can't use? Put them on this sigil, and they'll be consumed for bonus vitality.
  • You can revive Servants if you have enough vitality stored.
  • Try stacking a Sigil of Accession and one of these on top of a Clockwork Floor to gain some vitality for each target you convert, though be careful; if you do this with a too-weak target, they may die and be consumed instead of converted and healed.
Memory Allocation:
  • The Guardian summoned is relatively powerful but becomes weaker if it strays from you.
  • Near a Mending Motor, the Guardian is far stronger, as it will constantly remain in a fighting state.
  • You have to say the Guardian's name to summon it unless you're extremely close to being in critical, so, if you can, try to keep it summoned.
Anima Fragment:
  • You need a filled Soul Vessel to activate the shell. This should be evident, but.
  • Anima Fragments are The Fastest, but they become much slower if they take any damage, making them extreme glass cannons.
  • Mending Motors make them quite difficult to kill and keep them constantly fast.
Sigil of Transmission:
  • Stores power for clockwork structures.
  • Servant cyborgs can charge from these; after 5 seconds, they gain as much power as the sigil can supply to them.
Interdiction Lens:
  • These drain power into adjacent Sigils of Transmission.
  • They also disable radios not held by Servants, as well as disabling cameras if any non-Servant AIs exist.
Mending Motor:
  • Mending Motors are about four times as efficient as a proselytizer for healing, and can be directly supplied with power via Replicant Alloy.
  • Mending Motors will heal clockwork constructs, Servant cyborgs, and a number of clockwork objects a proselytizer cannot normally repair, but doing so will use massive amounts of power.
Mania Motor:
  • Mania Motors cause hallucinations and confusion at a constant power cost.
  • Non-Servant humans directly adjacent to the Motor will be converted if possible and forced asleep otherwise.
Tinkerer's Daemon:
  • These require at least 5 Servants for each Daemon, or they simply will not work; losing Servants will disable active Daemons!
  • These produce components extremely fast; while not always necessary, Daemons can make a struggling cult far more active.
Clockwork Obelisk:
  • Gateways produced by Obelisks are two-way, and you can easily gate to allies and drag them through.
  • Broadcast messages are cheap and have extreme size, and, while you may not think them worth it, the ability to yell at all Servants in large text is priceless for coordination.
Revenant:
Spoiler:
Invoke Inath-neq, the Resonant Cogwheel:
  • All Servants in range become literally invulnerable to everything short of bombs or the singularity; if you can invoke it, this is absolutely the best scripture to turn a fight in your favor.
Invoke Sevtug, the Formless Pariah:
  • This will fuck up everyone on the station, and usually heralds a cult victory as the crew panics.
Invoke Nezbere, the Brass Eidolon:
  • The speed boost granted to Daemons will cause them to produce about 11 components per each daemon for no power cost.
  • This is a good scripture to use at pretty much any time, as it makes ocular wardens better, useful for defending, and makes proselytizing free, useful for quickly gaining control of an area.
Invoke Nzcrentr, the Eternal Thunderbolt:
  • If you get knocked into crit or killed while invoking this, you'll gib. Try to avoid getting killed before you blast everyone with lightning.
Judgement:
Spoiler:
There's only one scripture here, and it's The Objective.
  • Defend the Ark with absolutely everything you can. Ocular Wardens, Mania Motors, Judicial Blasts, Belligerent, anything you have.

I've probably missed SOME, but I'll update this post as I remember them or as people post things I didn't know.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Every single possible thing you can do with a clock

Post by Okand37 » #234745

Gee, I just thought they were for setting the time!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #234756

*cough*W I K I*cough*
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #234758

Okand37 wrote:Gee, I just thought they were for setting the time!
QVR, URNGUR'A
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #234764

Blood>clock (cuck)
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #234770

Solid guide but
calzilla1 wrote:Blood>clock (cuck)

(In lore terms only, I'm mixed on which one I like the game design of. Clockcult has some interesting ideas but doesn't have the tuning that comes with time like bloodcult.)
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #234771

Tuning?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #234773

As in, several of the options in Clock cult are largely inferior to others and see little use, whereas I feel like every rune and talisman in Blood Cult has a solid usage.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #234774

Eh, what options specifically?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #234779

I find Taunting Tirade superior to Belligerent in nearly every capacity, Wraith Spectacles are barely worth using simply due to the risk that someone sees you with your Evil Glasses on, the Fellowship Armory isn't worth being identifiable on-sight as EVIL MAN VALID HE when it doesn't provide stun resistance, Sentinel's Compromise is cool and fluffy but bruise patches are a thing, Ratvarian Spears are again, cool, but generally not worth being immediately identifiable as hostile.

Basically, too much of the stuff just isn't worth giving up the potential for an ambush. Even if you've been fingered as a cultist, a quick change of clothes will usually let you get that moment of hesitation that makes for a good ambush. Especially because many sec officers are hesitant to stun anyone who they aren't 100% certain of being an antagonist for fear of admin intervention.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #237118

Sentinel's compromise is really good tho
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #237369

as a certified lore master, I just wanted to say that ratvar should be more about showing converts 'the light' or some knowledge that is like infinite power and the death of the universe etc etc that makes them align with ratvar, and deconversion is like the information getting cloudy and the lost or something like that. it already does this but we could improve on that (especially since shadowlings are gone, XHUIS.)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #237397

That would be too fedora, though.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #237399

shadowling did the exact same thing so it should be fine
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #237401

Yes, but the base fedora value of cuck cult is higher.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #237408

DemonFiren wrote:Yes, but the base fedora value of cuck cult is higher.
*tips shadowling tumor*

don't question the man with a katana
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #237428

Fuck clock cucks, I'd rather nar-nar. Simplier and much more effective.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #237437

I prefer fedora to edge, though.
I also like the tick tock. Dwemer are my least unfavourite elves.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #237784

Clock cult was a mistake.
Bring back papercult.

TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #238001

Why can't we get station time with the clocks? Broken.
Freedom
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #238179

clocks in the clock cult work for everything but telling the time

:thinking: