I never do that

General SS13 Chat
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

I never do that

Post by cedarbridge » #262999

Thread for things that you just don't do. Not really things you dislike, just things that you avoid out of habit or personal taste.

-I never wear gas masks because I think they're ugly, make no sense to have on all the time, and just generally remind me of all the obnoxious greyshirts that run around wearing them all the time. Also, it just screams "I'm going to take off my ID and run around as unknown even though everyone knows I'm Asshole McBomb from toxins."

-I never break into engineering after gloves because really, why do I even need them? If I need gloves I can go find them, but its not worth pissing off engineering just to get my powergloves.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: I never do that

Post by imblyings » #263000

decon teleporter for the boards for tele research

truly the mark of a shittеr
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #263019

Never Dual esword'd or Ebow/Esworded.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #263061

I don't like killing, especially as Sec. If I can perma or gulag someone, I always will, even if it's likely that they'll be rescued. As an antagonist, it's less simple, so I generally crit people and leave it at that - to save time, let them have a possibility of rescue, and let me plead my case if I get captured. More than once Security has been lenient for letting people live.

I also don't go out of my way to validhunt unless they go out of theirs to interfere with my round. If the wizard comes and eats some of the food I cooked, sweet. If a traitor chemist incinerates the entire food line, oh buddy we've got a problem.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #263068

Xhuis wrote:~
Basically this, though I also tend to play Medical Doctor/CMO often, so my job involves actually keeping people alive, and I'll tend to go out of my way to try bringing people back into the round/keep people in the round (ghostrole xeno/robo/mining, retrieving bodies lost in space, braining my enemies for cyborgs etc.). Come after me or my own, though, and I'll have you.
Last edited by AnonymousNow on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #263069

I never help a lizard in need. I never provide a lizard with my services. I never give lizards respect.
Bring back papercult.

XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #263071

AnonymousNow wrote:
Xhuis wrote:~
Basically this, though I also tend to play Medical Doctor/CMO often, so my job involves actually keeping people alive, and I'll tend to go out of my way to try bringing people back into the round/keep people in the round (ghostrole xeno/robo/mining, braining my enemies for cyborgs etc.). Come after me or my own, though, and I'll have you.
Same. If i somehow cause extra victims while getting to my objective, i usually drag them to cloning myself.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #263080

I dont play lizard ever any more but I also never say ligger unless they actually deserve it
I NEVER play clown
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #263084

>not playing clown
wait what
what the actual flying fuck
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #263086

I don't leave people cuffbuckled in their cells.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #263093

I don't get ins gloves unless the AI has started shocking doors or something

Roundstart, grab a multitool and screwdriver, go to an unused maint door, zap until I find the right wire, and if I get burned go to medbay to heal up

Sometimes I'll grab the budget gloves to see if they're actually working that round, but that's about it
Limey wrote:its too late.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #263101

Never play clown or meme.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #263136

I never grah any form of tool roundstart if I dont have plans needing it or are antag even if the tool locker has gloves I might pass
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #263137

In a stark change from my old style, I don't charge outside of my department to hunt non-nukeops antags. Nukeops are special since I don't expect they'll ever invade my department. However, my department is holy ground and if a shitter wizard shows up to loot medical storage they're getting a hypo of fuck you to the face. If a changeling invades xenobio its going straight into a slime pen as a new exhibit.
Spoiler:
Moonlighting is not allowed.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #263139

play
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #263170

Use toxins bombs, just not really that fun to me, I prefer more direct combat
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #263179

Engage in direct combat, just not really that fun to me, I prefer toxins bombs

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
dannnnnnnnnnnnnno
Byond Username: RussellTalbott

Post by dannnnnnnnnnnnnno » #263197

Sometinyprick wrote:play
­
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #263223

Violate the departmental NAP
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #263827

anything interesting as a player
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #263831

I never shit on non harmful traitors as the AI.

Or on traitors that kill liggers.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #263881

Kill if I can help it as traitor.
I've gunned my way into the armoury before, grabbed what I needed, then piled the dead and dying into a locker and drop them off at medbay. Even start the cloning myself if I can spare the time/access.

Occasionally it backfires, obviously, but the number of times something awesome comes out of it always makes it worth it. (Caught red handed by officer, shot and stunned on reflex, they take a moment "Now we're even" and walk away)
ImageImageImage
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #263900

CPTANT wrote:I never shit on non harmful traitors as the AI.

Or on traitors that kill liggers.
I always think AI is interesting because of stuff like this

Like, it's not a big leap to assume someone who would kill a lizard is likely not going to hesitate to harm humans, and one player might find that reasonable grounds to take preemptive action and subdue them

Or they could play like this, and since there's nothing law breaking going on it's fine and dandy

(I don't think one is superior I just think it's neato that there can be those differences)
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #263924

I know I've surprised one traitor by offering to dispose of their "unwanted waste" in the form of a dead body they recently killed. My perspective is that one death isn't enough to assume that person will harm every Human they come into contact with and corpses are ex-Human and I don't give a shit about what happens to a non-Human.

It's interesting to see what happens when you help the traitor against the security officer because the officer ain't Human and in Human/non-Human conflicts - The Human always wins as far as Asimov is concerned.
Most of the time they assume you're subverted and trying to use Law 2, even when it doesn't apply to them.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #263935

play as an actual crewmember.

it's so BORING. give me some different role, i don't care if it's a swarmer, wizard, ashwalker, xeno, or something else. just not a crewmember.
Apparently I was an director or something.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #263943

Kill a miner, if they brought me minerals in the current round. Miners that deliver minerals are rare and precious creatures and me being an antag won't change this.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #263951

ITT we circlejerk about how we're way better at Space Station 13 than everyone else
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #263958

respond to sawrge posts
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #263959

Wyzack wrote:respond to sawrge posts
Waiiit a second
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #263989

WJohnston wrote:play as an actual crewmember.

it's so BORING. give me some different role, i don't care if it's a swarmer, wizard, ashwalker, xeno, or something else. just not a crewmember.
>lists almost all of the most hated roles

11/10
dannnnnnnnnnnnnno
Byond Username: RussellTalbott

Post by dannnnnnnnnnnnnno » #264011

jank my panker without banana lubricant (taste AND smell makes cleanup a cinch)
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #264014

get any pussy
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #264379

I never plasma flood as AI when the situation allows.

Partly because I'm embarrassed to say I never fingered out how to do it right even after all these years when I DID actually play regularly.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #264385

Plasma flooding is easy, just be a pipe autist and open the right valves.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #264396

The proper way to plasma flood is to override the pressure checks on air alarms. Simply interact with an alarm, go to vent settings, enable internal for the vents you wanna flood from and disable external and finally set the target pressure to 0kPA.

This means that the vents will try to pump out plasma until there is no more gas left in the pipes they're pooling from. For an explanation: External means the air alarms check for the pressure in the environment, internal means it checks for the pressure inside the pipe itself. Setting it to 0 means the vents will be aiming to make the pipes 0kPA.

If you have an engiborg, tell it to alter atmospherics to pump gas directly into the distro loop and bypass the mix pipes with a volume pump. A regular pipe works but a volume pump is better since pumps are one-way while a regular pipe allows gas to flow both ways.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #264408

You put them in the green pipes which leads into the special cell, turn the injector on, turn output on max, then open the valves towards dark blue.

it's really easy to fix though so you better burn it to the ground before people catch what's going on by setting vents to 'refill' [or do anon's suggestion but that's too long imo].
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #264560

I generally start by initiating up a distro > waste drain before setting up the flood, generally separate instead of using the one already provided in atmos (which any good AI checks regularly.)
The drain in atmos I invert so it pumps waste into distro, useful for if people survive to scrub later.
I then shut main distro, pipe burnmix into the turbine chamber, set up the turbine waste pipe to empty into distro but keep the valve closed, wait until distro pressure is low enough to permit effective flooding without setting off alerts or player pressure warnings until it's time, override a few air alarms in key areas (corridors, escape/arrivals, any department alarm I can get to), close the distro-waste pump, open the burnmix-distro pump and hit the turbine igniter so it starts pumping out burning plasma.
If I have time to stick around I also close the turbine-in after hitting burn and wait a while before reopening so more burnmix leaves the pipes after the initial heatwave, instead of simple superheated CO2.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #265596

Noobs.

The only proper way to plasma flood is to pump the waste line full of plasma, disable all checks on air alarms and then directly connect waste to distro.

Good luck shutting off the valves when there is already 20 minutes worth of plasma pumping in the lines.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #265597

I do it by saying "AI/borgs, now I want you to flood plasma". Then I do my own thing and let somebody else bother with the boring stuff.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #265616

>atmos
>boring

your autism is insufficient

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Darno
Byond Username: Darno

Post by Darno » #266371

i can be a ragin' mage with everyone's hatred behind my eyes as i mercilessly destroy their mortal bodies but

never make direct contact with reed glover
never
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #266456

Reed Glover MUST die!
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #266469

heresy
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #266505

Anonmare wrote:Reed Glover MUST die!
Deadminned
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #266521

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Reed Glover MUST die!
Deadminned
ITT: pkp begins his iron fisted rule before it even begins