Monster Hunter World

Talk about video games here
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: Monster Hunter World

Post by Takeguru » #428346

Bottom post of the previous page:

Depends on the water cooler
The one I bought for this rig is an all-in-one system, prefilled and hosed and all that

You just screw the heatsink on your normal fan ports and mount the cooler the same way you would a normal CPU cooler, just with hoses hanging off the side

If you're going for a build your own water cooler, I can offer no advice
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #428481

Why use water cooling when the Noctua NH15 exists?
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #432034

>no preload
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #432085

Qbopper wrote:is this the dark souls of monster killing games
Monster hunter precedes demon souls released in 2009 (which dark souls was released in 2011) by five years when it was released exclusively to PS2, so as of this current date it is over a decade old.

Spoiler:
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #432264

Just did the Zorah Magdaros fight, gotta say the presentation in this game is pretty baller. Capcom delivered pretty well after all those years of squinting at handhelds.

The new moves they added to the weapons are pretty great too, gunlance is back to being satisfying now that I don't have to deal with that heat gauge. There's a lot of quality of life stuff that should have been changed a long time ago as well, I find it amusing thinking back to there being no "take all items" button at the end of a quest. So far so good.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #432805

Hammer is back to being insane. No idea exactly how that power charge works, but its making ground pound do some crazy fucking spin up. That new radial menu is super fucking useful. Shame there is no setting for camera controls on the D-pad, whilst keeping radial menu.

Is stun(the kind players get) broken? I wiggle the shit out of my left analog stick, but it still takes forever to break out.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #433245

wtf did they do to Kirin?! He looks so silly now. Did they gel his hair?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #433537

>have to use a mod to get ultrawide support
Spoiler:

a correct post by pillz
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #433561

Pls link

My monitor is 21:9
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #433605

Takeguru wrote:Pls link

My monitor is 21:9
https://steamcommunity.com/app/582010/d ... 2458259459

Edit the bat with your resolution, start the game, then run the bat. Works perfectly.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #433674

Alex Crimson wrote:Hammer is back to being insane. No idea exactly how that power charge works, but its making ground pound do some crazy fucking spin up. That new radial menu is super fucking useful. Shame there is no setting for camera controls on the D-pad, whilst keeping radial menu.

Is stun(the kind players get) broken? I wiggle the shit out of my left analog stick, but it still takes forever to break out.
It's not. They buffed it to punish people who just beast it. It makes carelessness a risk no matter how good your gear and armor rating are. Going back to High-Rank after you've already slapped around a bunch of tempered shit and made end-game stuff is still mostly a slap-fest of you constantly stunning and knocking monsters out of their moves, but if you get too sloppy you can still get wombo'd and carted because of stuns. I usually slot one or two deco's on my sets to negate some of the stun because of how deadly it can be.

If you could just wiggle out of it all the time without worry or the deco's there'd be no point to it. It exists to set you up for a kill because you didn't take a break to heal or disengage a moment after getting smacked the first time.

Slotting at least one deco is something I think everybody who isn't trying to record that perfect youtube speedrun does. Getting stunned and carted and ruining someone's no KO tempered quest fucking feels real bad.
Alex Crimson wrote:Hammer is back to being insane. No idea exactly how that power charge works, but its making ground pound do some crazy fucking spin up. That new radial menu is super fucking useful. Shame there is no setting for camera controls on the D-pad, whilst keeping radial menu.

Hammer good until hammer bad. It kinda falls off at end-game because everything's KO resistance + the increased resistances for having multiple party members shits on it hard. Even solo'ing tempers with a Diablos set and +KO maxed out you still wont stun shit, which is fucking stupid because that's like hammer's whole thing. You're better off running the Horn, honestly, because you get to do all the same bludgeon damage to parts but also can buff yourself and party members. If you just want to put up big damage numbers get a greatsword instead. I wish it wasn't like that but it do.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #433716

Timbrewolf wrote:Hammer good until hammer bad. It kinda falls off at end-game because everything's KO resistance + the increased resistances for having multiple party members shits on it hard. Even solo'ing tempers with a Diablos set and +KO maxed out you still wont stun shit, which is fucking stupid because that's like hammer's whole thing. You're better off running the Horn, honestly, because you get to do all the same bludgeon damage to parts but also can buff yourself and party members. If you just want to put up big damage numbers get a greatsword instead. I wish it wasn't like that but it do.
Yeah the Gajinhunter videos mentioned that stunning damage/breaking parts scales really badly in multiplayer. Kinda sucks. But then i can also see how 5 minute stunlock quests can be boring, which is what MH4U felt like outside of the endgame expeditions.

Good luck finding people that play HH. Although it seems like they massively buffed its moveset. The ability to store songs and encore is ridiculous.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #433722

Alex Crimson wrote:
Timbrewolf wrote:Hammer good until hammer bad. It kinda falls off at end-game because everything's KO resistance + the increased resistances for having multiple party members shits on it hard. Even solo'ing tempers with a Diablos set and +KO maxed out you still wont stun shit, which is fucking stupid because that's like hammer's whole thing. You're better off running the Horn, honestly, because you get to do all the same bludgeon damage to parts but also can buff yourself and party members. If you just want to put up big damage numbers get a greatsword instead. I wish it wasn't like that but it do.
Yeah the Gajinhunter videos mentioned that stunning damage/breaking parts scales really badly in multiplayer. Kinda sucks. But then i can also see how 5 minute stunlock quests can be boring, which is what MH4U felt like outside of the endgame expeditions.

Good luck finding people that play HH. Although it seems like they massively buffed its moveset. The ability to store songs and encore is ridiculous.

loved hh on xbone version I dunno tho if I really wanna go back and pay 60 more dollars ontop of the deluxe xbone version I got though just to experience it on pc
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #433786

I play HH, its super fun!
Ive seen like 1 other hh player in ~80 hours of paying though :c
Havent used a hammer but the damage numbers are fairly close if you account for the self-improvement and attack or affinity up buffs most of the good horns have.

Also if you're solo you can use that one piece of kitty gear and your pet will give you tons of pretty useful buffs (inconsistent, but still useful). Kinda like having a hh with you
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #433875

Coral Horn is nice, mhm

HH is fun, I run that when helping out friends because no one ever uses a horn in MP

I use to mostly run HBG and SnS, now I'm a longsword chump
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #434046

Takeguru wrote:Coral Horn is nice, mhm

HH is fun, I run that when helping out friends because no one ever uses a horn in MP

I use to mostly run HBG and SnS, now I'm a longsword chump
Plunderblade is fucking overpowered. no reason to use anything else on your palico, really. Vigorwasp makes hunts too easy, and plunderblade just gives you more items, so its the good kind of OP. Coral horn is decent though, i guess.

Rally hate how all the weapon lines seem to require endgame elder dragon items for their final upgrade. I just want muh broken Diablos hammer but i need Nergigante horns.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #434092

>the final boss can permanently corrupt your save file
t-this is bait right guis
(no spoilers pls)
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #434120

Some people said the credits could, but it didnt happen to me. Its not too hard to backup anyway.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #434160

There is a thread on digg describing a method to "fix" the corruption. It contains the monsters name so i wont link it. No idea if it works. Here is the important bit:

The Fix: Install the game on ANOTHER PC and load your save file. It restarted the game at the point it crashed (during the cutscene) and then after I watched the cutscene and closing credits I was able to save the game and then reopen the save game on my primary PC.

https://old.digg.com/r/MonsterHunter/ ... p_monster/

Above link has no spoilers(at least the in the opening post), but its a more extreme fix. You can just manually backup your save file.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #434177

How do I manually do so since I’m a computer potato
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #434195

Deitus wrote:How do I manually do so since I’m a computer potato
https://commonsensegamer.com/monster-hu ... s-located/

Is the best guide i found. My file is called SAVEDATA1000, so i just assumed it was the right one. Not even at the final boss, so i have not bothered testing it.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #434215

Egg raptor is a beautiful child. No bully.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Floiven

Post by Floiven » #434288

I suggest making and running the batch file that someone made to back up your save, better to have peace of mind rather than worrying if a crash while saving wipes out hundreds of hours of progress.

https://pastebin.com/gz93V0C2 (Has instructions inside)

Also, that post about the crash after Xeno seems blown out of proportion to the actual chance of it happening, looks like they're basing the "25% chance of losing everything" off of the fact that in their large sample size of one (1) party, they lost their stuff. Apparently the problem has been around since the console, but more closer to a 1% chance of happening from what I've gathered. Still a smart idea to make that batch file and back up your data though.

Edit: Also add me on steam if you wanna hunt monsters in monster hunter, https://steamcommunity.com/id/brakula/
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #434315

>elder "dragon" is actually a horse
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #434352

Tl;DR: If it's powerful, has a very noticeable impact on nature/other monsters, but it's weird to class, it gets thrown into the Elder Dragon category

Kirin brings thunderstorms everywhere it goes, Elder Dragon
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #434367

well kirins are dragon-horses so

also, deitus, why are you posting the "I wanna tap that" image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #434397

N-no particular reason
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #434405

Deitus wrote:N-no particular reason
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #434492

God damn HR Odogoron gear is sweet. Protective Polish is so damn useful, and the weapons have nice blue sharpness. Tempted to make the dual blades, but Diablos DBs look so much better.
Floiven

Post by Floiven » #434543

Alex Crimson wrote:God damn HR Odogoron gear is sweet. Protective Polish is so damn useful, and the weapons have nice blue sharpness. Tempted to make the dual blades, but Diablos DBs look so much better.
Yeah, that's what I've been using for a while, don't want to clownsuit it up quite yet. Plus the fact that I can't get any good decorations to drop, that helps.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #434588

Floiven wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:God damn HR Odogoron gear is sweet. Protective Polish is so damn useful, and the weapons have nice blue sharpness. Tempted to make the dual blades, but Diablos DBs look so much better.
Yeah, that's what I've been using for a while, don't want to clownsuit it up quite yet. Plus the fact that I can't get any good decorations to drop, that helps.
I keep getting crappy Crisis & elemental resi gems. Apparently you can get the non-elemental power up gem from first set of decorations, but its super fucking rare. I want it so bad. That and weakness exploit.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #434629

I'm at Daora again

Fucking asshole wind dragon go end your life reee
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #434661

Oh and a patch was dropped to sort of fix disconnects

It's not 100% fixed but the incidence rate has dropped

And it also broke the resolution mod fug
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #434696

There never was a save corruption bug. The problem is that the game needs certain video codecs that not every PC has to play a video file after that battle. Because the devs forgot to catch the exception where a PC doesn't have those codecs, the game crashes whenever you get to that point, and when you load the save, it will try to play the video file again and crash again. Installing the codecs will fix the issue and you'll be able to resume your save normally.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #434708

Ricotez wrote:There never was a save corruption bug. The problem is that the game needs certain video codecs that not every PC has to play a video file after that battle. Because the devs forgot to catch the exception where a PC doesn't have those codecs, the game crashes whenever you get to that point, and when you load the save, it will try to play the video file again and crash again. Installing the codecs will fix the issue and you'll be able to resume your save normally.
Good to know. Might be worth backing up your save every so often just in case. It would be brutal to lose a MH save.

Just got to Teostra. Holy shit this guy is fucking huge now. Damn monster. I just want some fire scales for my lance =( Plunderblade os so broken i can get the scales without even killing Teo.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #434740

just stared out in elder recess if any of yall wanna grind there with me
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #434876

Some useful shit ive been using...

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapons - Weapon trees. Useful to see what that one ??? material is. Also has good descriptions of each weapon type and their combos/special attacks.

https://www.digg.com/user/Fortuan/com ... n_threads/ - digg discussion threads for weapons. People post their armor builds and talk about which weapon in the best of each type.

https://t3hphish.imgur.com/ - imgur albums of some good sets to make during the endgame.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tq- ... obilebasic - all you need to learn2use the Heavy Bowgun. Except armor sets, unfortunately. Although it seems like just attack/crit boost sets work, you just add in charms/decorations for whatever shot type you use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1725474085 - Handicraft cheat sheet. So you can see how much sharpness a weapon has at each level of Handicraft. Only has fully upgraded weapons, but thats really the only time you will be min/maxing Handicraft anyways.

https://mhworld.kiranico.com/ - Can be useful, but feels pretty empty. I usually just use the wiki from the first link instead.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #434926

What if they added grigori from dragon dogma
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #434946

reeeeeeeee these elder dragons are one shotting me MAKE IT STOP
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #434949

Deitus wrote:reeeeeeeee these elder dragons are one shotting me MAKE IT STOP
Yeah they sure are a massive step up in difficulty. Vitality Mantle is pretty fucking great for tanking damage, if you are not using that already. Vigorwasp Spray is super cheap, but you can use that if you want to cheese your way through them. Dont forget to upgrade armor, and you can carry some Armor Seeds/Skins/Pills for a decent def bonus. I slotted Crisis & Fortify gems into my armor, and they have been saving my life(i keep getting crappy gems).

Power/armorcharm stacks with the upgraded power/armortalon, so be sure you carry all 4 at all times. Make sure you are eating for max health, and take a max potion if you feint.

There was a big daily bonus today. You get a ton of nice items. 30 Hard Armor Spheres being the main thing here. Each one is worth like 80 upgrade points. You can max out any armor at your current level easily with those. The bombs are useful if you get the Elder Dragons limping, and do not have a good way to get the sleep damage bonus.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #434951

yeah ive been keeping some oldish armor because they have speed sharpening which is absolute bae for an insect glaive user like me, i figure ill grind to try and get the charm for it instead even though it'l be a pain in the ass so i can move up to some higher tiers with armor.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #435002

Some attacks will basically one shot you regardless of armour so you have to watch for the tells. Vitality mantle will let you tank most of them and live, and divine protection can sometimes bail you out when you get hit by one.

Neirgigante's spikes grow huge then turn black, then it'll roar and fly up before charging at someone in the party directly. If this hits it does a ton so make sure you dive out of the way of it. Get ready for it once the spikes all turn black. Earplugs help with this one, as you get a ton of time to run away while it's roaring.

Teostra gets more and more smokey, then jumps in the air and curls up in a ball before exploding in a big aoe. Once it gets really smokey don't go for big combos with animations that lock you in place, just go for smaller stuff until it explodes so you can dodge out of it. Fireproof mantle helps with this one.

Kashala Daora doesn't have any big ones I don't think? Just the tornados, which are a pain but you can usually just move away from them. They tend to kill my fps though ;-;

Val Hazak has the smoke vomit thing and the laser beam, both are pretty telegraphed though, so you can just get out of the way while it charges them. Also bring miasma gems if you have them so you don't get your health cut down at a bad time (or bring the Teostra HH, it prevents the health thing from going off with one of its buffs)

Kirin has the larger lightning attacks. The ones that one shot you are super telegraphed and/or always in front of them. Unless you get stunned/paralyzed they're fairly easy to avoid. Bring element/lightning resist stuff and the thunderproof mantle if you have it to help survive getting hit.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #435034

Deitus wrote:yeah ive been keeping some oldish armor because they have speed sharpening which is absolute bae for an insect glaive user like me, i figure ill grind to try and get the charm for it instead even though it'l be a pain in the ass so i can move up to some higher tiers with armor.
Id recommend HR Odogoron armor. 4 pieces will get you Protective Polish, which stops sharpness decreasing for 1 minute after sharpening your weapon. Great for fast hitting weapons like IG. The armor has a few levels of speed sharpening built in, i believe. For the last armor piece i just used the skull headpiece that gives handicraft, along with a handicraft charm. Been using it for elder dragons and doing just fine. Seems like the best set you can make until you can farm elders for their armor.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #435101

i actually think i might try and switch to dootsticks since the guy i play with and i are both having a shitty time with some monsters (not to mention they're always complaining that i stagger them) and i always like support roles anyway. it'l be a bit of a pain though since they're one of the more "expensive" tree considering you also need to keep what notes they play in mind. this seems like a good guide but is it still up to date?
https://www.digg.com/r/MonsterHunterW ... ting_horn/
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #435120

The ground pound for HHs will still send people flying. Probably less of a pain compared to IGs or LS, though. Make sure you have that Horn Maestro skill if you want to go support. Buff at the start of the fight with an encore, your buffs should last for the whole fight in that area. You will probably need to practise a lot to get your songs down. Starting HH whilst fighting elder dragons probably isnt a great idea. The upside is that HH only really needs that Horn Maestro skill. The rest of your set can be damage, if you want. You do not need to follow that guide and make some special support armor set. I would not recommend Odogoron armor for big, slow weapons.

Hardest part of the HH is actually hitting stuff, imo. You need to focus on hitting the head with really damn slow swings.

Dodogama horn is pretty cheap and has great songs. Queen Vespoid destroys Daora due to its ability to negate ALL wind pressure(needs to be all, or it will not negate his wind).
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #435235

I play a ton of HH, so ill try to help you out!

Firstly, check out some youtube videos to figure out the basics like how the songs work etc. This one is pretty good:
https://youtu.be/dpy8rP9946Y.

The link you mentioned seems fine. Only new thing is the self improvement buff, which makes you do more damage. Basically keep that up at all times.

Good horns to start with are the heavy bone horn or the ore horn while you work on bigger stuff, both work against pretty much any monster and have good buffs. The neirgigante horn is excellent for general late game use, as is the bazelguese one.

Teostra horn counters val hazak, and the xeno one counters kashala daora but it alright in general. Kirins horn is good against kirin as well.

You want to mainly be aiming for the head while building up songs, then using them during openings to get some good damage+stuns in. Your main damaging combo will be forward+ song (the kick one) then hold back for the encore (the triple swing). It takes a long time so look for openings or safe places inside the monsters hitbox. Holding different directions during encore will let you hit a target that moves a bit easier. Eventually youll find the spots you can do a full combo in even while the monster is attacking.

Constantly refresh buffs, even if they havent expired yet. If something like earplugs or ailments negated expires at a bad time it could cart someone.

You can roll out of your songs after the buff applies or right after the damage goes off, as well as between the song and the encore. This is super important to do, as you'll be locked in an animation if you miss the window and probably get smacked.

For build I just do standard damage stuff, but if you want to go super supporty you can build defensive. If you want to use it solo bring damage though.

Generally you dont ever want to play a full 3 songs at a time unless you're buffing before a fight. You waste a ton of damage potential and lock yourself in place for a very long time. I tend to individually play and encore (if possible) each buff into the monster to maximize damage and minimize the time spent building up songs.

Hopefully that helps a bit.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #435374

Full support is hilarious

Wide Range alone is just funny, because even at level 1 if they're in range a nulberry or antidote will work at 100% effectiveness
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #435412

>get xeno mansheena
>714 base attack
>180 dragon element
>low elderseal
>white sharpness
>MAYBE breaks 30 damage when hitting a weak point without buffs
>with buffs still never goes over 90

i got memed on
also does defense buff and atk/def buff stack with each other?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #435477

Low elderseal is great you noob
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #435479

It should be doing more damage. Are you sure the weakpoint is weak to blunt damage, and not just slashing damage? Try it on Odogoron, he is full of weakpoints, plus he is fast so its good training. I use the Gama horn and my ground pound goes over 100 with Att Up XL. Like i said, i still think the hardest part of HH is learning how to beat stuff up, not memorising the songs.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #435541

You're not going to be doing 300 per hit or anything. Its not supposed to be the highest damage weapon. A lot of the hh stuff is getting multiple hits in at a time. You should do like 160 or so with the double note on a weak point (total, you need to hit with both parts of the swing)

Hitting with a song + encore is like ~250-300 damage depending on how many hits you got in.

You should always have the buffs on, thats like complaining the ig sucks without buffs.

They dont stack, they're both the same song on that particular horn.

If you want more damage do the bone/gama horn or the neirgigante one. Although if you're only in it for big numbers the hh probably isnt the best pick :p