Women's studies majors make a video game (Mass Effect 4)

Talk about video games here
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Women's studies majors make a video game (Mass Effect 4)

Post by Wyzack » #276486

Bottom post of the previous page:

That is why human hormones are so important for reproduction, from a purely clinical standpoint sexual reproduction is really gross and if our brains were not hard wired to want it near above all else we would probably not ever do it.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #276490

Wyzack wrote:That is why human hormones are so important for reproduction, from a purely clinical standpoint sexual reproduction is really gross and if our brains were not hard wired to want it near above all else we would probably not ever do it.
put your MEAT TENTACLE in my MEAT HOLE.
yeah umm.
私は完璧
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #276540

Is the lack of hormones what makes Bioware's romances awkward and cringy?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #276616

Patch notes are out. They're working on the faces.

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/mass ... -05-notes/
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #276633

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
Too bad it's releasing tomorrow. I'll be playing Shovel Knight as it releases the Spectre Knight mode. Then Stellaris update after. Then the new Fire Emblem. Then Long War 2. Then Endless Space 2.
Last edited by Ikarrus on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #276639

More stuff

https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-jou ... 53509845=1
Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

More options and variety in the character creator
Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
Bolded for laughs
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #277449

DrPillzRedux wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:but they're raptor-bird-things
they probably don't have vaginas
they give live birth so yeah they do
>what is ovovivipary
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #277462

Got a chance to watch the first couple hours of gameplay lately. I really thought the bad facial animations that we have seen were cherrypicked, but at least in the first section of the game they are literally all varying degrees of fucking awful. I found most of the dialogue to be fucking cringe inducingly bad and utterly unconvincing. Actual gameplay looks pretty good though, high mobility via jetpacks is almost never a bad thing when done well. Crafting and inventory shit seems like a nightmare too.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277466

I get the impression they tried to bring back ME1 levels of RPG gameplay with the crafting and shit but they managed to bring back the clunky and annoying shit from it as well, RIP
Limey wrote:its too late.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #277471

They changed eyes and animations for a bunch of things. They plan to do a lot more over the next 5 months.

Right is old, left is new.

THEY'RE ALSO REDOING SARAH "GIVE ME THE LEGO" RYDER'S FUCKED FACE
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277500

that's surprisingly better

is that second image a new one because she still has a hint of that mildly retarded smile
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #277577

How long ago did the game go gold? How many more months did the development team need to have this patch included in the gold version?

I need to know how much more patience EA should've had not to have ME:A turn into a meme before it even launched.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #277581

Watching a friend start playing this and they seem to be having some serious difficulties with the Nomad, cant seem to drive up even slight inclines even in six wheel drive mode, is this a bug or something?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #277589

They fixed most of the meme scenes.

Also never had that happen Wyzack. Turn 6 wheel drive on and use boost.

I also tried to replay ME2 today but it has not aged well at all. Can't stand the gameplay. Gonna try 3.

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #277596

DrPillzRedux wrote:I also tried to replay ME2 today but it has not aged well at all. Can't stand the gameplay.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #277606

It's just empty corridors. There's a lack of dialogue with your crew compared to Andromeda. The combat is slow and clunky; does not flow well like Andromeda's (you can have more than 3 powers though). Your crew does not talk with each other so no banter. The main story always sucked, your squad and the journey through the game always was the highlight.

It was great for its time but has not aged well.

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #277608

Half of this is bullshit. You must be baiting or have exceptionally shit taste.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #277613

Or you just haven't played Andromeda fully to understand my point. Which you haven't.

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #277614

Uh, I hate to break it to you, but we're talking about ME2.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #277619

Yeah, and I'm talking about in comparison. The differences are massive. If you've played Andromeda it's pretty much impossible to enjoy 2 as there's much less stuff in it, and it's missing a lot of things 3 added that 2 didn't have.

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #277621

Still don't mean it hasn't aged well. It's still a perfectly solid game that overall is better than 3.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #277622

ME 2 was 3 story missions, a grocery list shopping missions of picking the squad mates up, followed by their loyalty missions and then the suicide missions.

ME:A released on the 21st. EA's fiscal year ended on the 24th.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #277624

Well of course they wanted to inflate their year end stats. Everyone knows that. The game suffered because of it, but that's not the only reason why it has flaws.

a correct post by pillz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #277913

Turns out it was a controller issue and not the game.

I recently replayed me2 and while the gunplay isn't as good as 3 and the story has slightly lower stakes it still holds up quite well
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277989

yeah ME2 plays fine, don't know what is happening above but if anyone actually believes ME1's gunplay holds up compared to 2 they're outright delusional

not to say you can't enjoy one or the other/dislike one or the other, but.. cmon
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #278002

CosmicScientist wrote:I played it before,

It looks like Roblox creation mode in an empty Minecraft world. I guess I don't like games where you make the fun/have a toy box/don't have restrictions. Go have fun with it by all means though, it looks like a very well crafted game with tons of fun outfits. Maybe I'd stop being so negative if I saw you could make your own vehicles (which was half of what I did with lego as a child), vroom vroom!
Have you ever played Lego Racers 2?
lego game where you customize your character and builld a car in several fun open world settings with a plethera of enjoyable side missions and more unlockable races. There are a few different bases for you to choose to build your car on, by adding more peices durability goes up but speed goes down and vice versa, during races you can pick up power ups like mario kart and use those to damage others cars (by doing so pieces fall off of the car) and once they are stripped down to their base one shot will destroy their car leaving them on foot until they get to a repair zone.

Litterally my entire childhood and its the best thing ever made you honestly need to get it for PC unless you have a playstation 2 on hand.

EDIT: i know replying to an old comment blah blah blah
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #278015

lego racers is great
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #278060

Qbopper wrote:yeah ME2 plays fine, don't know what is happening above
ME2 compared to even 3 just feels empty. It suffers heavily from hallway syndrome. The gunplay is also just too slow and simple to enjoy. Insanity in ME2 is widowmaker headshot, duck back down, repeat. In Andromeda on Insanity I'm running Vanguard with Charge to get in close, Mass Effect field that gives me an AoE damage field and primes enemies, then lance to detonate. If I lose my shields I charge into an enemy to restore them and keep moving with my shotgun. It's absolute rip and tear close combat whereas ME2 was, like I said, sit in cover and pop headshots. The sidequests in ME2 have much higher writing quality though, and I miss the renegade options.

I think the biggest turnoff about the new main character for people is that you're not a grizzled space badass like Shepard already was at the start of ME1. You're some unknown twerp kid who's inexperienced, unsure of yourself, and everyone says you're an idiot. People who haven't played the OT don't mind that since they didn't play as Shepard. People heard of Shepard in the OT, feared him, loved him, etc. No one knows who the fuck Ryder is until the end of the game.

There's also the fact that Andromeda tries to be different in narrative than the OT. Instead of trying to save the galaxy, and finding friends on the way, Andromeda is all about finding a home. They want the Tempest crew to feel more like family on a road trip than people desperately fighting to save everything. I at least like that they realized what made ME so great; your crew and the journey to the end. There's a lot of crew stuff to do in Andromeda and their effort shows past the halfway point.

a correct post by pillz
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #278076

I'm bringing two sniper rifles at the same time, both with vintage cooling addons, the black widow and a helius rifle with retardedly high damage.

I'm not even bothering to cover, I simply aim, and unless a really big obstacle is in the middle, like a mountain, I shoot and kill the target. The only thing I need left is missions with tons of shooting, I'm sick of travelling with the mako and having only minor skirmishes, I want an unending wave of kett to purge while cackling madly.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #278086

Not saying you had the same arsenal of powers available to you but ME2 had the vanguard biotic charge and while i didnt really care for it many people thought it was the best way to play the game
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #278098

Wyzack wrote:Not saying you had the same arsenal of powers available to you but ME2 had the vanguard biotic charge and while i didnt really care for it many people thought it was the best way to play the game
The issue with it is it didn't have the powers to support being a mobile force. You could only charge at a target if there was cover around there to hide in after that one guy. In Andromeda charging is used to zip around and refill your shield. There are also other powers that promote being close to enemies instead of sitting in cover.

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #280341

a correct post by pillz
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #280349

Pls no bully Sarah
Bring back papercult.

DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #280357

I couldn't even get past 1/4 of my Sara playthrough because I hate her voice.

a correct post by pillz
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #280365

RIP Mass Effect
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #280376

Ikarrus wrote:RIP Mass Effect
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #280384

Ikarrus wrote:RIP Mass Effect
RIP career at Bioware, how dare you bite the hand that feeds.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #280403

Not yet, just reminding ikky he works for the soulless corporate america.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #285591

if you want to buy this here's a code for 10% off at GMG plus it's on for like 20% atm I think

EV95ZX-5DSC6=-RNUQ8=

replace the equals with a capital J
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #292004

I HURT MYSELF TODAY
Bring back papercult.

DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #292016

The clickbait headline doesn't include that no one from Montreal was laid off, they're just helping with other titles right now, and Andromeda 2 is not anywhere near a priority for full on development.

a correct post by pillz
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #292044

That's optimistic
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #292091

So they gave an incredible series to an amatuer dev studio and they made one that was so unpopular it put the series on hold until further notice?
[youtube]a9NIZOvfKpc[/youtube]
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #292125

Well given there isn't a source for the stuff they're saying in the article it's just clickbait for now. Andromeda still sold well so it'd be a surprise if the series died.

Are they still patching the game and touching up cutscenes at the moment? I do still want to play this at some point.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #292130

Quanti wrote:So they gave an incredible series to an amatuer dev studio and they made one that was so unpopular it put the series on hold until further notice?
[youtube]a9NIZOvfKpc[/youtube]
[youtube]TAryFIuRxmQ[/youtube]

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #292147

well, hey

either one of two things happens

-andromeda 2 learns from the mistakes of the first game and is a genuinely good game

-andromeda 2 isn't very good and i don't buy it

it's a win win honestly
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #292185

Qbopper wrote:well, hey

either one of two things happens

-andromeda 2 learns from the mistakes of the first game and is a genuinely good game

-andromeda 2 isn't very good and i don't buy it

it's a win win honestly
>further defiling the corpse of once glorious mass effect
>win

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #327873

Bring back papercult.

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #327879

InsaneHyena wrote:https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass-ef ... the-studio

IT'S DEAD. IT'S FUCKING DEAD.
haahhahahahahah
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #327880

rip mass effect

a correct post by pillz
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #327881

Press F to pay respects. Press S to spit on the grave.
Bring back papercult.