ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Dead game series

Post by Wyzack » #314709

I meant any of the Fable games, not just games in general
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #314821

lntigracy wrote:
capi duffman wrote:I should reinstall again Theme Hospital, if only to regret that more than twenty years later, no one will do anything like it.
Tavern Tycoon is trying.
Trying, and currently failing. Clearly inspired by, but it's just not there yet.
It might still get there, but there's a lot of work to do before then
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Freedom Force and Evil Genius.

Give me a Zeno clash 3 too
How are you always the best post in a thread?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #314935

XSI wrote:
lntigracy wrote:
capi duffman wrote:I should reinstall again Theme Hospital, if only to regret that more than twenty years later, no one will do anything like it.
Tavern Tycoon is trying.
Trying, and currently failing. Clearly inspired by, but it's just not there yet.
It might still get there, but there's a lot of work to do before then

How are you always the best post in a thread?
Because i am a good boy

Thank you for liking freedom force evil genius and Zeno clash as well
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #315043

half life
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #315059

[youtube]-9_IEsYRdEM[/youtube]

[youtube]hLBk1L-l2hk[/youtube]

i remember a very old n64 game that was a vehicular combat thing that had you running doing missions and shit, you drove a light grey porsche? had miniguns that popped out of the fenders
Last edited by John_Oxford on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315060

ThanatosRa wrote:half life

people who haven't played/don't know what half life is know about the half life 3 meme

companies like to make money and a good way to make money is brand recognition - you don't make money off your IP known by millions of people by deciding to leave it dead and buried

I guarantee you 100% episode 3 (or hl3 whatever they call it now) will come to be, it makes no financial sense not to, but the problem is the duke nukem forever level expectations that people have for it now

since the game has been endlessly hyped (and all the leddit posters saying "i'm not even excited for hl3 anymore it's a dead series" are lying and will be the first on the train when we get concrete word regarding it) valve can either

-release a mediocre game to cash in on the fame and make a quick buck
-delay the game for a long time in order to get something they feel is of good quality out, but probably get blasted for not living up to the hype anyways
-spend forever trying to make it live up to the impossible expectations and accidentally accomplish one of the above options

valve employees have gone on record many times saying they don't like to release things they don't think are of a certain quality, and you can disagree if that's true or not, but option 2/3 fits valve's MO a lot more than option 1 does (and please don't give me the "lol dae hats???" spiel, it takes so much less effort to release a skin pack/cosmetics for a game that have systems built in to allow for that than it does to make a game - bob the 3d modeller is not delaying half life 3 because he made some tf2 hats)

tl;dr I guarantee you half life isn't dead, even if it takes years for us to even get word of it, and that's also ignoring the times valve has spoken on the subject and literally said "we won't announce anything concrete until it's something good", and since expectations are so high that'll probably be a long fuckin' time
Limey wrote:its too late.
XSI

Post by XSI » #315061

So basically, it's dead and they plan to raise the corpse in a few years
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315071

"we're working on hl3 but don't want to share news until it's ready" doesn't sound dead to me
XSI

Post by XSI » #315082

People were working on Duke Nukem as well, and that was dead until someone actually decided to finish it
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315120

XSI wrote:People were working on Duke Nukem as well, and that was dead until someone actually decided to finish it
i could write about how this doesn't make sense but starting an argument over this is stupid so i'll leave it at "I disagree"
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315134

CosmicScientist wrote:Half Life Thwee will either never come out or won't stand up to expectations.

I mean the first two games had a naff plot and by modern standards had little going on in the weaponry department.

That and unless they attach a rokkit to the head of the crowbar whilst making it twice the size and strapped to Freeman's back, so you can do rokkit jump attacks with it, then what could HL3 offer? More zombies? Forgettable dystopian police? That random guy with the pegleg modern augment? Next gen Upper tier lip sync and character animation?

I would like to whip out a red crowbar and let its blinding fire guide me to swift retribution of the groin caving variety.
this reeks of seinfeld isn't funny tbh
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #315140

duke freeman forever

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #315144

John_Oxford wrote:[youtube]-9_IEsYRdEM[/youtube]

[youtube]hLBk1L-l2hk[/youtube]

i remember a very old n64 game that was a vehicular combat thing that had you running doing missions and shit, you drove a light grey porsche? had miniguns that popped out of the fenders
[youtube]h34MviiKXXc[/youtube]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spy_Hunter
Arcade (original)
Amstrad CPC, Atari 2600, Atari 8-bit, BBC Micro, ZX Spectrum, C64, Apple II, ColecoVision, MS-DOS, NES, Mobile

[youtube]YxzVleeyi0E[/youtube]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpyHunter
PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, Microsoft Windows, OS X, Tapwave Zodiac
Last edited by lntigracy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #315145

Also the problem with DN:Forever is that they changed too much about what made the game good and fun to make it be more in line with cawadooty (wow bill, your mom only lets you have TWO guns?)
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315171

lntigracy wrote:Also the problem with DN:Forever is that they changed too much about what made the game good and fun to make it be more in line with cawadooty (wow bill, your mom only lets you have TWO guns?)
probably a symptom of the game having been slapped together out of the various bits and pieces made over the years, hence why it has a bunch of old shooter tropes that were becoming less and less relevant as time went on
CosmicScientist wrote:
Qbopper wrote:snip
this reeks of seinfeld isn't funny tbh
What is this Seinfeld people keep talking of? Does no-one hear the good word of pre-Bean Rowan Atkinson or Monty Python these days?
"seinfeld isn't funny" is the trope where an old piece of work that creates a formula/whatever appears old and out of date by modern standards and people judge it by their current day standards, I wasn't specifically talking about seinfeld
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #315179

Seinfeld is hilarious
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #315227

>beat Dragon's Dogma for the first time today
>that perfect dragon boss fight
>that ending
>only sequel it got was a f2p mmo that's exclusive to Japan
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #315241

FantasticFwoosh wrote:

Not anymore

[youtube]DMUG2WCEyOQ[/youtube]
Give me a gameplay trailer and I'll rejoice. Just annocing a follow up to a long dead game series means nothing anymore.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315274

CosmicScientist wrote:So... I suggested that they'd need to change the formula such as add something a little more fast paced like a rokkit jumping crowbar? I even directly said the old staff is naff by modern standards?
Cossy wrote:I mean the first two games had a naff plot and by modern standards had little going on in the weaponry department.
yeah but I mean comparing it to modern standards is an odd choice because it's such an old game by now
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #315276

If Valve really wanted to just print some money from HL3 they would have done it a long time ago and made the half life series a yearly game installment. But they didn't, because Valve is a weird as hell company and don't care about things in the same way traditional companies do.

I think they held off for so long because half-life wasn't a very great game series.

Don't get me wrong, I think half-life was important, but I think saying it doesn't hold up isn't the same trope as Seinfeld Isn't Funny, it isn't about the old becoming so copied its generic as the old... having legitimate problems and inefficiencies despite the thing it innovated on.

Half Life isn't some gem that everyone takes everything from. The story isn't really that great outside of a few moments (PICK UP THAT CAN), it even literally pokes fun at itself thematically by having trains and artificial opaque time constraints that don't mean anything as motifs. The gunplay wasn't that exciting outside of very select few segments, and exploration wasn't very fun either because it mostly used old methods of level design where a lot of the level was empty space and dead ends rather than being either truly linear or truly open. Half-life was important because the source engine was very technologically important and was very good compared to other shooter engines. Most games from the era or earlier control like complete ass and run like complete ass but source doesn't, which is why a bajillion games were made in source. Shit is the Model T of videogames, you can't say that it is something legitimately great and you would be super razzed to get another version of it as it was, but you can say it is very important it was made because everyone uses the underlying structure of it and it paved the way for better and brighter things.

So if they just literally made "Half life 3" in source with all the same stuff it would feel painfully bad and generic because the main thing that was good about it was the technology, and the main technological improvement of Half Life isn't relevant at all anymore because games feeling fun to control is no longer something you have to specifically search for. The specific amazing thing about it is no longer amazing or unique at all and everything surrounding that thing is kinda eh.

It is eminently fair to compare it to modern standards, because it allows us to identify what about it was actually good. Its sorta like how almost everything surrounding the original Dues Ex was kinda ass, from the control scheme to the engine, but the fact it is still beloved simply because it had a very open framework tells us what about it was actually great. This is doubly true if you are talking about a desire for a game to be updated because failing to identify where a game was ahead of its time and how it overall stacks up is a recipe for disaster. There are plenty of games that hold up well to modern standards despite being extremely old, the fact something was old isn't an excuse for a bad design when some gems just got it fucking right or even did it better that modern games in their genre, and its interesting to note what holds up really well and what doesn't is often a genre based thing. Shooters rarely hold up because mistakes in the design become rapidly more apparent with age, while platformers are mostly about having just responsive good controls and interesting segments and the world's greatest platformers literally were designed on graph paper as a result.
Spoiler:
Also I miss Legend of Mana and the Mana series in general its all become super ass like comically ass and is used for Square's dumping ground shovelware mobile titles that literally included a 'tactics game' that was literally just 'use the stronger unit no literally there are no other mechanics no magic no elemental wheel no rocks paper scissors its just some units are the strongest so use them.'
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #315277

fuck hl3 I want portal 3
私は完璧
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #315279

Remie Richards wrote:fuck hl3 I want portal 3
I just want a good level editor. The reason they wouldn't do another portal is that a sequel would just be a level pack and a memey story. But its a physics based puzzle game so your userbase could literally just generate infinite content.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #315281

I mean, they do generate content, there's the workshop for portal 2?
also they can always add new mechanics like they did 1->2
light bridges, those weird tubes, they had co-op they could go bananas and do 3 or 4 people puzzles (why the HECK not)
私は完璧
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315286

it's too bad portal 2 took the comedy approach and scrapped the atmosphere for portal 1

it was a genuinely unsettling game the first time through and still gives me those vibes to this day
dezzmont wrote:I just want a good level editor. The reason they wouldn't do another portal is that a sequel would just be a level pack and a memey story. But its a physics based puzzle game so your userbase could literally just generate infinite content.
you mean like the level editor in portal 2 that has access to every gameplay mechanic in the game along with support for singleplayer and coop levels on the workshop??
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #315289

CosmicScientist wrote:
Qbopper wrote:rip sim city probably
4 still works on windows 10, right? I sorta want to go back to it but I don't have a CD up here with me. It's not like the sims where 2 is broken on 7 and 3 burns GPUs, right?

I almost wish it died with Societies as simulating each person going about their day really cuts down on what the rest of the game can do but I suppose then it really makes it feel like a living, breathing game.

Definitely a few months late, but my Deluxe Edition CD didn't work on Windows 10. So I took a picture of the open CD case with registration code and disk 1 visible, then called EA support, they looked at the picture, then added it to my Origin account. The Origin version definitely works.
I lurk quite often...
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #315316

HL3 will almost certainly be good when it comes out but there will always be people screeching it'd bad/disappointing just because it took a century to make and was such a classic.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315333

JJRcop wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:
Qbopper wrote:rip sim city probably
4 still works on windows 10, right? I sorta want to go back to it but I don't have a CD up here with me. It's not like the sims where 2 is broken on 7 and 3 burns GPUs, right?

I almost wish it died with Societies as simulating each person going about their day really cuts down on what the rest of the game can do but I suppose then it really makes it feel like a living, breathing game.

Definitely a few months late, but my Deluxe Edition CD didn't work on Windows 10. So I took a picture of the open CD case with registration code and disk 1 visible, then called EA support, they looked at the picture, then added it to my Origin account. The Origin version definitely works.
origin support is surprisingly reasonable about old retail copies

like they have (had?) a policy that they can't do anything about retail codes, but I spoke with them anyways and they just gave me BF2 since I had a valid CD key anyways
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #315343

Qbopper wrote:
it's too bad portal 2 took the comedy approach and scrapped the atmosphere for portal 1
having just replayed portal 2 less than a week ago, it has about the humor level of the first game but what it lacks that the first game had was subtlety. very good game and still has a really good atmosphere, especially
Spoiler:
after you swap the glados core with wheatley and he drops you into the very deep underground. walking up to the abandoned facilities and seeing it covered in DO NOT ENTER signs feels great. theres even a special loading screen used exactly 1 time at this part of the game that shows the undergrounds youre in, and it is very adequately spooky.
things just talk to you really directly, like Wheatley, so the whole aspect of you not having any clue of what's going on that the first game had was thrown out the window, basically. the part I mentioned in the spoiler was probably the most subtle part of the game, but even that is quickly explained by johnsons booming voice and aperture logos everywhere.

kind of felt like hotline miami 2 vs hotline miami 1, where the first game has a fairly deep story but you have to really search for it to find it. the second game continues on that story and keeps it really cool, but instead of being implied it's just handed to you.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315344

it also has the hotline miami 2 thing of changing the gameplay fairly significantly (sorta)

instead of more windows we got more un-portalable surfaces though
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #315346

but it was also explained why portalable surfaces exist.
moon rocks.

it also breaks portal's own rules and has a moving portal which can't exist!!!!!
Last edited by Remie Richards on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
私は完璧
GarlicBread
Byond Username: GarlicBread

Post by GarlicBread » #315348

lntigracy wrote:
Wyzack wrote:
Jacough wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Against all odds I actually mostly liked fable 2, but anything after that is a write off
I actually liked Fable 2 more than Fable 1, mainly because they cut out the god awful escort missions where you'd have to babysit helps fuck wads too stupid to even run away from enemies while being attacked. It felt a lot more open too while 1 felt pretty on rails
I mostly just liked the guns and the world felt a bit bigger. Fable 1 had easily the best magic system of any of the games, i loved finding neat new combinations for the spells and stuff. After fable 1 it basically turned into eight different colours of laser and like two utility powers
Best spell system I've seen in a game is Two Worlds 2.
Played this game again fairly recently it feels like a parody of a game

The accents were funny
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315354

Remie Richards wrote:but it was also explained why portalable surfaces exist.
moon rocks.

it also breaks portal's own rules and has a moving portal which can't exist!!!!!
not sure how the explanation for what is portalable affects the fact that portal 2 had so much more black space

portal 1 had a lot more surfaces you could slap portals on but that didn't help you solve the puzzles
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #315427

Qbopper wrote:
moon rocks.

not sure how the explanation for what is portalable affects the fact that portal 2 had so much more black space

portal 1 had a lot more surfaces you could slap portals on but that didn't help you solve the puzzles
The first game was just "Oh I guess it doesn't work on glass" - No explanation.
The second game is "Well you see it's not WHITE things that it works on, it's things made out of spacerocks!" - An Explanation, it's a really minor thing but it's enough to be acceptable.
Also given that in the first game the facility isn't a shithole, where as in the second it is, the moonrock panels have just fallen off, did you actually look around you in Portal 2? aperture is a shithole.
私は完璧
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #315428

CosmicScientist wrote: I also assume moving portals weren't allowed in 1 because they hadn't set up the game to work like that. I do still sort of wonder how they managed the portal stoof because plenty of games chug to death on smaller tasks than duplicating a level (or positioning a duplicate that always exists) or producing a picture or something. I mean, did they actually have da lore sez nu in 1?
They're not allowed because they would mega violate the laws of physics.
Whereas stationary portals only violate it slightly.

The engine in portal 2 can't properly handle moving portals either, though I believe that's just because the only one in portal 2 can't be visited by a player, only a laser can go through it, so they most likely just did the bare minimum for that 1-2 minutes of gameplay to be cool without actually implementing proper moving portals.

Moving portals in portal 2 actually turns on a cheatmode for that segment that allows you to place those kinds of portals, before being immediately turned off after the segment.
私は完璧
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #315446

Remie Richards wrote:only violate it slightly.
No. Both portals, moving and unmoving kind, violate physics enough to render any difference between them moot from that point of view.

Regarding Valve, both Portal 3 and Half Life 3 (or HL2 ep 3) would be very neat, but if anything Valve would first do Left For Dead 3, since it has much less emotional value and, if it were a flop, wouldn't hurt their reputation too badly. Some hope they would draft Black Mesa team en masse after they do xen.

Anyway, back to hard reality, Valve is experimenting with Source 2. DOTA has already been ported, and they've stated they will port CS:GO this summer. Plus, supposedly, they have 3 VR games in development.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #315447

Slightly is a relative term.
Compared to moving portals, stationary portals DO only violate it slightly.
私は完璧
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #315452

I thought the deal was clearly that a portal needs a perfectly smooth flat surface to work on, and the moon rocks (somehow) create a smooth enough surface to make a portal cleanly, while Aperture's smooth shiny design mostly lends itself to portable surfaces, between the facility falling into decay, the old test areas where they didn't have as good materials and resources, and the AIs deliberately setting up challenging test chambers there's less usable surfaces in most of Portal 2's areas. I may be putting more thought into it than the devs did, mind.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315454

Remie Richards wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
moon rocks.

The second game is "Well you see it's not WHITE things that it works on, it's things made out of spacerocks!" - An Explanation, it's a really minor thing but it's enough to be acceptable.
Also given that in the first game the facility isn't a shithole, where as in the second it is, the moonrock panels have just fallen off, did you actually look around you in Portal 2? aperture is a shithole.
it's pretty shitty for gameplay regardless of plot reasons though

it wouldn't have been difficult to do "oh yeah cave is a fucking madman and he put a portal on the moon to get as many rocks as he wanted but he fucked up and didn't consider the vacuum of space at first so they lost millions of dollars in damages"

now you can use as much portalable surfaces as you want and you still have the "aperture went bankrupt" plot point
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #315459

Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #315469

Qbopper wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
moon rocks.

it wouldn't have been difficult to do "oh yeah cave is a fucking madman and he put a portal on the moon to get as many rocks as he wanted but he fucked up and didn't consider the vacuum of space at first so they lost millions of dollars in damages"

now you can use as much portalable surfaces as you want and you still have the "aperture went bankrupt" plot point
You've completely missed the point.
The point isn't that they can't afford portal panels.
It's that they've fallen off/into disrepair.

As for bad for gameplay, I disagree entirely, it's more focused gameplay which allowed them to produce better puzzles, Portal 2 beats Portal 1 in every way.
私は完璧
XSI

Post by XSI » #315477

You say that, but having played both I liked the first better

Didn't even bother to finish portal 2 personally, just couldn't give enough of a shit
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #315492

What about freespace? I miss that one.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #315511

XSI wrote:You say that, but having played both I liked the first better

Didn't even bother to finish portal 2 personally, just couldn't give enough of a shit
Bbut ending was very gut!
I admit, not finishing all the coop tests would be fine, but the singleplayer?
Anyway, back to dead game series, recently I've actually been reminded that Landmark existed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmark_(video_game)
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #315525

Portal 1 had a lot of ways in which it was better than Portal 2, but Portal 2 was more Portal and that was what I wanted from it.
Spoiler:
Also that moment when you see the moon through the hole in the ceiling and remember what Cave Johnson said about moon rocks is probably my favourite "they wouldn't" moment in any video game.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #315549

I would like a new Golden Sun, please...
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #315591

Gun Hog wrote:I would like a new Golden Sun, please...
i would like a golden sun that gets its mythology straight

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #315593

Remie Richards wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
moon rocks.

You've completely missed the point.
The point isn't that they can't afford portal panels.
It's that they've fallen off/into disrepair.

As for bad for gameplay, I disagree entirely, it's more focused gameplay which allowed them to produce better puzzles, Portal 2 beats Portal 1 in every way.
glados was also fixing the facility and it would be a non issue after the opener

I don't really want to argue if the specific puzzles are better or not, but I think it was a misstep to have so much black space, I think it made it interesting to play Portal 1 where you could put portals in a lot of areas but it didn't help you to spam them
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #315608

Rip Command and conquer series.

Not only did you die by the hands of EA they made sure to rape your bloody corpse until the last breath.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #316017

>there will never be another game where the final boss of new game+ is your character from the previous playthrough

feels bad man

[youtube]mCHuR7CMh40[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #318266

CosmicScientist wrote:
Durkel wrote:Rip Command and conquer series.

Not only did you die by the hands of EA they made sure to rape your bloody corpse until the last breath.
It feels as though RTS games are dead, the only exceptions being a 40K downgrade and a not-40K surviving on table scraps left behind by an MMO and crate micro transactions. =(

RIP Empire Earth. You were mediocre and died from a premature, underdeveloped birth of your third generation.
The last RTS I remember being announced was the Age of Empires (one) HD remake, of all things.