Dead game series

Post by D&B » #275944

>Tfw no more rune factory
>Tfw no more Lost in Blue
>Tfw no more Viewtiful Joe
>Tfw no more DinoCrisis

JUST
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Dead game series

Post by Remie Richards » #275968

I remember dino crisis, for the ps1.
私は完璧
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275973

rip sim city probably
Limey wrote:its too late.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #275975

They are making new Dino Crisis.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #276107

rip dead space
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #276271

I wish they'd make a third Mass Effect.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276302

CosmicScientist wrote:
Qbopper wrote:rip sim city probably
4 still works on windows 10, right? I sorta want to go back to it but I don't have a CD up here with me. It's not like the sims where 2 is broken on 7 and 3 burns GPUs, right?

I almost wish it died with Societies as simulating each person going about their day really cuts down on what the rest of the game can do but I suppose then it really makes it feel like a living, breathing game.
I want to say it works on 10 but I dunno

I know that Skylines exists but it never captured the Sim City feel for me

also Sim City on SNES is tied with 4 for my favorite unironically no i don't know why
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #276346

rip RF
rip mgs
rip monster hunter
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #276352

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #276356

Star wars battlefront

(The good one not the ea cashgrab bullshit crime that i'm so mad about god why fuck fuck fuck pleasr no you ruined my childhood I fucking hate you I want to kill my self ughhhhhh why please no god damnit uuhhhhuhhh just shoot me god damnit.)
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #276369

A true Metroid o7
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276449

PKPenguin321 wrote:A true Metroid o7
don't fucking do this to me

i just moved on you asshole
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #276457

rip SWG
Freedom
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #276459

>tfw no more Black and White
>tfw no more Fable
>tfw no more Dungeon Keeper
Though mayhaps it's a blessing. I would probably hate what they'd do to the series now.
Bring back papercult.

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #276462

Against all odds I actually mostly liked fable 2, but anything after that is a write off
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #276465

TehSteveo wrote:rip SWG
There's emulator.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #276520

rip f-zero
rip advance wars
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #276522

RIP Advance Wars
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #276529

TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #276534

Lumbermancer wrote:
TehSteveo wrote:rip SWG
There's emulator.
They'll never live up to the real deal for many reasons. I feel it's a mix of nostalgia and the fact things are never quite correct. Additionally that game thrives on community and the emulators hardly have population for what I generally enjoyed when I played it; the larger scale peeee veeee peeee. Nor will it ever get better as there's several emulators and emulators for different eras of the game as SWG had three distinct systems with the NGE being more popular as of now it seems. Additionally, most folks within the emulator view PvP as not as important thus they are content with grinding and getting glowbats to jerk themselves off; of which there's nothing wrong with grinding but when you've played a lot of it it, feels like you've been there and done that along with no real incentive to work towards bettering yourself for nonexistent PvP.

Emulators though, I give them credit where credit is due as I do remember the first time that emulator opened up and it was bare bones as ever. The progress made thus far is impressive and outdid my expectations for the project as they had a lot obstacles against them to even get it functioning.
Freedom
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #276543

Rip Suikoden
Rip Castlevania
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #276578

RIP SimCity
RIP Deus Ex
RIP System Shock (I'll believe it when I play it)
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #276580

CosmicScientist wrote:
Qbopper wrote:rip sim city probably
4 still works on windows 10, right? I sorta want to go back to it but I don't have a CD up here with me. It's not like the sims where 2 is broken on 7 and 3 burns GPUs, right?

I almost wish it died with Societies as simulating each person going about their day really cuts down on what the rest of the game can do but I suppose then it really makes it feel like a living, breathing game.
I have it on steam (not installed) and I'm pretty sure it works, I'll check
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #276584

I should reinstall again Theme Hospital, if only to regret that more than twenty years later, no one will do anything like it.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #276589

Can confirm that sim city 4 deluxe (steam version) works on win 10. At least for me
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #276611

>tfw valve just lives off the credit cards of 10 year olds buying crates/boxes and decides to forget singleplayer games exist
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #276654

capi duffman wrote:I should reinstall again Theme Hospital, if only to regret that more than twenty years later, no one will do anything like it.
Tavern Tycoon is trying.
you are mom is gay
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276676

TrustyGun wrote:>tfw valve just lives off the credit cards of 10 year olds buying crates/boxes and decides to forget singleplayer games exist
this always results in arguments, but

valve is working on 3 VR titles right now that aren't "this is a demo on why you should buy a vive", and those are just the games we know about
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #276677

Valve has changed and has lost a lot of good people so I'm fairly skeptical of anything they put out nowadays

Not that they've put out a bad game yet, per se, it's just that it's bee a really long time and companies change.
Last edited by Ikarrus on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #276678

InsaneHyena wrote: >tfw no more Dungeon Keeper
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #276679

Yeah, I miss Dungeon Keeper-like games

The last one I remember enjoying was Evil Genius, which was excellent thematically but just really unpolished.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #276685

InsaneHyena wrote: >tfw no more Dungeon Keeper
Though mayhaps it's a blessing. I would probably hate what they'd do to the series now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230190/

You're lucky. Its still on sale.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #276690

I played that last year and it was disappointing.
I'm trying my hardest to have fun here but it just doesn't have the same magic as the originals did, which I played immeditely before starting WFTO

They tried to make the narrator humerous like the older games but they seem to have flandarized him and made him more cartoonishly evil than something actually menacing.

The designs of the campaign levels I've played as well as some of the sandbox/skirmish levels felt very restrictive, so I never really felt like I was having fun building the dungeons. In DK2 I felt like I was slowly creeping out and corrupting the land, my dungeon growing organically.

WOTF ends up feeling more like a standard RTS than a base-building/management sim that I liked in Dungeon Keeper. It's not terrible, but it's also not what I was looking for.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #276708

Not even a meme, half life

2 and all its episodes made such an interesting world, and the end of Hl2E2 left us at a heart-wrenching cliffhanger. It has been years since I even considered giving a shit about this series. At this point i don't think anything they could put out would live up to Half Life's legacy
Last edited by Wyzack on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #276710

I just want a resolution. There is no way HL3 could ever live up to more than a decade's worth of hype unless it made every game come with a handwritten note saying sorry for the wait and a solid gold bar

I also want a sequel to Opposing Force
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276713

anyone saying half life is dead is delusional

I know children under the age of 12 who (unfortunately) spout HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED etc. memes

Valve has a brand that has millions of people who haven't even played a game in the series, but it still has near universal brand recognition

there is genuinely no way we will never see a HL3, though I'm not going to be o bold as to ever predict when we'll see it/if it will be good/anything beyond I know it'll happen someday
Bolien
Byond Username: Bolien

Post by Bolien » #276768

RIP Jet Set Radio Future
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #276777

CosmicScientist wrote:If they ever make another Half-Life or shooter of any kind, I'd like them to cut out the boring sections for a change. The part with the boat wasn't fun, it just took ages and the village that just had headcrabs and the crazee priest was an annoying jumping puzzle to memory. The first game had dull moments, the train maze, the vats/conveyor belt maze, I can't really remember having much fun in it but I did play it after I played HL2 since some internet people I liked were spouting memes about it still holding up and being the best garme evar.
Grazyn wrote:Can confirm that sim city 4 deluxe (steam version) works on win 10. At least for me
Woo! That means it'll work right out of the box since I assume valve/EA didn't apply any patches! Ta!
Weeeell don't be so sure. I own the boxed vanilla edition (4 CDs, no Rush Hour) as well and I recall having issues making it run on win 7 (but it worked eventually, dunno what I did tho). I bought the steam deluxe edition on sale a couple years ago
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #276893

Wyzack wrote:Not even a meme, half life

2 and all its episodes made such an interesting world, and the end of Hl2E2 left us at a heart-wrenching cliffhanger. It has been years since I even considered giving a shit about this series. At this point i don't think anything they could put out would live up to Half Life's legacy
i still believe the new source engine -> new half life rumor
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #276900

SS13
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #276901

oranges wrote:SS13
:(
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #276906

Wyzack wrote:Against all odds I actually mostly liked fable 2, but anything after that is a write off
I actually liked Fable 2 more than Fable 1, mainly because they cut out the god awful escort missions where you'd have to babysit helps fuck wads too stupid to even run away from enemies while being attacked. It felt a lot more open too while 1 felt pretty on rails
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #276974

Freedom Force and Evil Genius.

Give me a Zeno clash 3 too
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #276977

Jacough wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Against all odds I actually mostly liked fable 2, but anything after that is a write off
I actually liked Fable 2 more than Fable 1, mainly because they cut out the god awful escort missions where you'd have to babysit helps fuck wads too stupid to even run away from enemies while being attacked. It felt a lot more open too while 1 felt pretty on rails
I mostly just liked the guns and the world felt a bit bigger. Fable 1 had easily the best magic system of any of the games, i loved finding neat new combinations for the spells and stuff. After fable 1 it basically turned into eight different colours of laser and like two utility powers
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #276988

Not only I have this game, I've backed it when it was still being worked on. It's not any good.
Bring back papercult.

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #277072

InsaneHyena wrote:
Not only I have this game, I've backed it when it was still being worked on. It's not any good.
I must just be easy to please. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #277073

Maybe the updates since we played helped. I'm in no rush to check it out again, though.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #277439

Wyzack wrote:
Jacough wrote:
I mostly just liked the guns and the world felt a bit bigger. Fable 1 had easily the best magic system of any of the games, i loved finding neat new combinations for the spells and stuff. After fable 1 it basically turned into eight different colours of laser and like two utility powers
Best spell system I've seen in a game is Two Worlds 2.
you are mom is gay
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #314651

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Freedom Force and Evil Genius.

Give me a Zeno clash 3 too
Not anymore

[youtube]DMUG2WCEyOQ[/youtube]

Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #314672

this makes my lizard stand up
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: