Talk about video games here
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: RAIN WORLD

Post by ShadowDimentio » #281605

Bottom post of the previous page:

It falls like bullets, how did you fail to notice that
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #281606

nigga the game TELLS you that the rain is bad
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #281607

I just solo'd two vultures at one time, you have to throw a spear then jump over it to grab it from its back again, wait for it to lash out then jump etc etc

sadly didnt save cause scavs threw an explosive at me fuck
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #281608

I thought I found my first fruit but the mushroom appears to have made me high fuck
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #281610

The blue things are fruit.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
danno

Post by danno » #281613

is there someone i can watch play this that won't give me cancer
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281617

danno wrote:is there someone i can watch play this that won't give me cancer
limeylime

cause he doesnt talk lol
danno

Post by danno » #281618

ok and where can I find this limey lime
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281627

alright 3 interesting things happened
1.I discovered the drug shrooms slow down time
2.I encountered the rain, and as I tried to find a shelter I climbed up a very long rope and reached a very large room with a sky, but i couldn't see it very well because the rain was too hard and I died immediately after
3.I fucking threw a rock at a blue one and then stabbed it in the butt while it was stunned and it started writhing like a bug you stepped on that isn't dead yet and then I pulled the spear out and JAMMED it in again and then it fucking died. then as I walked away from the corpse the fucking mega bird swooped down and grabbed it, sparing me.
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281629

confused rock wrote:alright 3 interesting things happened
2.I encountered the rain, and as I tried to find a shelter I climbed up a very long rope and reached a very large room with a sky, but i couldn't see it very well because the rain was too hard and I died immediately after
3.I fucking threw a rock at a blue one and then stabbed it in the butt while it was stunned and it started writhing like a bug you stepped on that isn't dead yet and then I pulled the spear out and JAMMED it in again and then it fucking died. then as I walked away from the corpse the fucking mega bird swooped down and grabbed it, sparing me.
the high up place is the sky island, if you like flying electric centipedes and killer birds it's the place 4u

also should've tamed that vulture boy.

blues are actually the most frail lizard, can be one or two shot, with reds and greens being the beefiest, black lizards are terrifying i dont know if you can call them lizards at that point they're like a star-nosed mole
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281630

confused rock wrote:alright 3 interesting things happened
the high up place is the sky island, if you like flying electric centipedes and killer birds it's the place 4u

also should've tamed that vulture boy.

blues are actually the most frail lizard, can be one or two shot, with reds and greens being the beefiest, black lizards are terrifying i dont know if you can call them lizards at that point they're like a star-nosed mole
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281633

how the fuck do I tame the thing? as in, kill like 4 more lizards for it to eat? I don't even think it realised I killed it.
how would you even kill something that can't be 1 shot? you can only carry 1 spear. would you have to somehow keep track of the bloody thing while you got another spear? would you take it down with rocks? would you grab the spear out of its back and reuse it?
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281637

confused rock wrote:how the fuck do I tame the thing? as in, kill like 4 more lizards for it to eat? I don't even think it realised I killed it.
how would you even kill something that can't be 1 shot? you can only carry 1 spear. would you have to somehow keep track of the bloody thing while you got another spear? would you take it down with rocks? would you grab the spear out of its back and reuse it?
yeah you have to jump over it and take the spear out of it and use it again, all while making sure not to get caught

also dont worry too much when trying to tame vultures cause they almost always come back for you at some point

oh yeah if you kill a ton of scavengers while a vulture is active and throw their bodies then it's a free tame cause scavs already group up
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281645

wanna see a fucker you cant tame

this double trouble

they can also squeeze into the tunnels between rooms, they're a fucking nightmare.

THEY LIVE IN A FUCKING WATER PIT IN THE GROUND AND THEY'RE SO HORRIFIC WHEN THEY SLOWLY CRAWL OUT, ONE TIME I WENT SWIMMING IN THAT PIT AND I DIPPED TOO DEEP DOWN AND I SAW LIKE 5 OF THEM EXTENDING THEIR TENTACLES MAN SHIT WAS TRAUMATIC
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281671

how you move a body mate how you keep track of a creature and identify it above the rest mate and do you gotta start over if they don't become a bff before the next shower
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281672

wait fucking birds can't fit in a shelter how tf they gonna not die in rain lmao
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #281674

Their bodies are probably tough enough to resist the rain, where your soft slugcat body isn't. Or they bail and hide somewhere safe too.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281679

what is that yellow one eyed creature that warps around me? i assume he is trying to show me directions, but he is pretty misleading and confusing. is he like an ez mode option or something I missed how to disable?
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281681

confused rock wrote:what is that yellow one eyed creature that warps around me? i assume he is trying to show me directions, but he is pretty misleading and confusing. is he like an ez mode option or something I missed how to disable?
leads to you where you might wanna go, sometimes he outright tells you what a hidden danger is
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281682

confused rock wrote:how you move a body mate how you keep track of a creature and identify it above the rest mate and do you gotta start over if they don't become a bff before the next shower
to move a body just shift and move?

they have variations
like in my post where i documented my adventure through shaded citadel before u can see that the lizard i tamed had special giant ear flaps so i identified it immediately
vultures have different sizes and colors likewise
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281691

alright, I still haven't gotten to taming, I think I'll get around to it in this area I have discovered, as lizard food is abundant. do the lizards that exist change when you hibernate though or do I not need to tame in one go?
so, the industrial complex was strange. first, I thought my main problem was food. then I noticed I could stab a corn plant with a spear to bust it open.
next, I spent ages confused and thinking that the eyeball guy was trying to point me to something (it wasn't) and proceeded to try to climb a wall to nothing and wasted a bunch of spears on it and died a ton of times.
unknowingly, at one point after finding food in my desperate search for a shelter I ended up wandering incredibly close to my goal, but the eye guy misled me to a longer path to a shelter than I couldve taken and the rain got to me. I proceeded to forget the route I took.
I then stumbled around for ages, mistaking every little thing for the secret to life, until I finally got to a situation similar to the first rainy death, only with 1 more pip on my rain watch, and I said "fuck it" and proceeded to ignore the eye-guy, sprinting as fast as I could through the opposite crossroad they told me to choose. I found myself crossing a bridge with iron balls covering it and found a shelter immediately after, and the next area, shaded citadel. there were a lot of neon creatures in there and not a lot of food for me, but it seemed like a good place for lizards to eat. I decided as soon as I got there to find some food and find a shelter on this side, which I did first try, though as my way was to follow the eye guy it took 3 quarters of the day. the area was only slightly dark, but the shelter I was in was fucking pitch black. entirely.
Spoiler:
I think I'll use the opportunity of all those lizard prey things to bond with a lizard, what, do I just chuck spears at the mice while near the lizard?
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281759

after having issues getting the damn neon possiums to unstick himself, I shoved like 4 or 5 and a deer guy into a lizard's mouth. the purple guy sorta follows me and eats the rats instead of me, but he won't leave his area, or follow me into a shelter when theres a storm(also shelters are hard as shit to find christ)
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #281788

Follow him to his nest
you are mom is gay
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281790

confused rock wrote:after having issues getting the damn neon possiums to unstick himself, I shoved like 4 or 5 and a deer guy into a lizard's mouth. the purple guy sorta follows me and eats the rats instead of me, but he won't leave his area, or follow me into a shelter when theres a storm(also shelters are hard as shit to find christ)
your friend will help you kill baddies or scavs

lmao shaded is the worst place for a lizard friend ccause they're too scared to go in the spider tunnels so you may be shit out of luck, what i'm gonna do is tame a blue lizard cause they can climb on the background.

fun fact, i injured a white lizard and their camo goes all rainbow cause they cant keep it control, nice.

im on my second playthrough btw
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281795

it was the only place I could find food for the lizards, what else they supposed to eat? also I'm already at shoreline.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #281798

The one game that makes rock embrace his lizard self, automatic 10/10.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #281801

it's not about the lizard self
it's about the lizard other
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281829

I had killed 8 lizards at least before even considering feeding the bastard, and only because he was in my way. i have been killed more times than I can remember by the fucking blue ones falling from the sky, or the invisible chameleons licking me from a mile away before I could see them, and the only reason I even considered the relations is now my arch nemesis is fucking any form of wormish creature and the lizard fucking glowed in the dark and my only other fucking light source was morbidly obese clones of fuzz covered in glowstick dust who tried to flee at any chance they got.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #281830

You can trade scavvies for lanterns.
you are mom is gay
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281856

or steal them like i did
scav lanterns are great
confused rock

I'm really not into this taming thing its too hard

Post by confused rock » #281870

yea I eventually got a lantern but it was at the end and I was already at shoreline when i bought it
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #281894

>Be me
>Stockpiling fruit
>The path back has a pink lizzy crawling on the scaffolding back
>Jump over it
>It turns around and gives chase on the scaffolding
>OH SHIT FUCK
>JUMP OFF TO TRY AND ESCAPE
>IT JUMPS TOO
>EATS ME MIDAIR

I'm not even mad, christ this game makes me hard.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #281901

This just in: being eaten by lizards makes Shadowmemes hard.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #281904

FUCK
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
danno

Post by danno » #281925

this game is soosOOooOO o O O O OO gooO O O o o OOO d Ohhh My GOooOOOoOoOdddd
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281937

im now working on a 100% completion playthru

game is fun as fuck

big tip: when in garbage wastes, garbage worms will steal yo spear, you can steal it back if you spam shift right after it grabs it
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281960

somebody help me this is urgent i was following the electrosquid back into the citadel and I went down this chute and fell in this hole and I have NO IDEA how it can be possible to escape from without a spear and I'm trapped and they are only kept at bay by the light but the spiders still sometimes group up and try to charge so I have to fend them off with bricks help I can't reach the pole
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #281976

Try going right and up then jumping from that right platform
you are mom is gay
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #281986

THE PLATFORM IS TOO HIGH I CAN'T REACH IT WHAT DO I DO Image
danno

Post by danno » #281987

Alright Bman I need a fucking explanation
I went to the scavenger's toll with two white shrooms and a pearl
threw them all at the dudes
tried to walk past and they still killed me
explain how the fuck I make friends NOW
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #281988

lmao rekt

anyway I'm gonna stream rain world because I love slugcat just that much
you are mom is gay
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281993

danno wrote:Alright Bman I need a fucking explanation
did you throw the mushrooms into their faces and did it connect with any of their faces.

because throwing a rock/spear and landing a hit counts as a a declaration of war
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #281995

danno wrote:Alright Bman I need a fucking explanation
also make sure that they very clearly get the pearl, dont let it like roll into a hole and they go get it, then a wait a while until he strings it up/puts it in the cache

OH YEAH SCAVENGER CACHES, in the industrial place area with the small room with two pipes going in vertically and one horizontally that's a tunnel away from a shelter,
one of the lizard hidey holes doesnt have a glowing light but because im a legendary explorer i discovered going in WILL OPEN UP A ROOM WITH LIKE 20 SPEARS AND 10 EXPLOSIVE LANCES
Last edited by bman on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #282002

I think you guys are sperging out a bit too much on this game(esspecially that this is a forum for another game), but it does has the cutest protag (this includes animeme games)
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #282005

calzilla1 wrote:I think you guys are sperging out a bit too much on this game(esspecially that this is a forum for another game), but it does has the cutest protag (this includes animeme games)
fuck you we're passionate about slugcats
danno

Post by danno » #282006

post made calzill on ignore list this post
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #282008

the rain killed me before I could escape spider hell, never forget.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #282009

Meanwhile in SLUGCAT LIFE I'm in the sewer level and I can't find any fucking bunkers REEEEEE I WANT TO EXPLORE MORE BUT NOT ENOUGH TIME BEFORE THE RAIN
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #282026

I finally made it past all the tentacles in the wettest part of the citadel, but one of the tentacles almost got me, but fortunately mistook me for the lantern I had and ate it instead.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #282029

rock got wet when he got tentacled
you are mom is gay
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #282068