Battle Brothers - 2D orc rape simulator

Talk about video games here
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Battle Brothers - 2D orc rape simulator

Post by DrPillzRedux » #295358

I didn't see a thread about it from search and people have been talking about it lately, so I'm gonna make this thread here.

Battle Brothers is a 2D X-Com/Mount and Blade hybrid. You start as a devastated mercenary company, out for revenge, loot, and booty. You can recruit people of various jobs and backgrounds into your company, explore the worlds, build relations with humanity as a whole, noble empires, get random funny text events, etc. The game has over half the amount of dialogue that The Witcher 3 does, spread out through quests and world events.

Combat in the game is turn based, being a lot like X-Com. Your guys have action points and stamina, which change as they grow stronger. You level them up and increase their stats, as well as pick from actually useful talents. Want a guy who just uses a 1 handed sword in light armor, only to toss him in a mob of guys and do better when surrounded? You can do that. Lots of options are given to you, but you will always lose someone eventually, and it's always fun. Anyway, your end goal is to get powerful enough to survive the crisis events that trigger late in a game. Currently there's Noble War (all the kingdoms fight), Greenskin invasions (Orc and Goblins try and take over humanity), and Undead Scourge (the undead plague spreads rapidly).

I've only sunk 14 hours into, and I've barely scratched the surface of this game.

Did I mention it has some of the best music out there? Seriously, the music in BB is insanely good.

[youtube]VWY8rYPuftY[/youtube]

[youtube]LbNmVUWuoEw[/youtube]

[youtube]0fzDN8qVJOU[/youtube]
Last edited by DrPillzRedux on Thu May 18, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Battle Brothers - 2D orc rape simulator

Post by Steelpoint » #295359

I played a lot of this game in early access, I've been meaning to replay it now that its finished.

I was really looking forward to the 'end game events' where one of three end game wars would occur as a final test for your merc company.

Its a good game, punishing tho.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #295375

Oh yeah, it can be stupidly difficult at times. I've had my guys one shot by crossbows which can be infuriating.

Ghosts are just total ass when you're not prepared. They will make you flee for days.
Spoiler:
Last edited by DrPillzRedux on Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #295393

Game is pretty good early on, but unlike X-com there is no real climax or variety to it. You just sorta keep going until you die and keep fighting the same enemies over and over and over.
Lots of time building up and then nothing to do when you are build up, except more of the same. World starts feeling empty as well

I'm not surprised this was in early access, it still kind of feels like there's a lot that they've probably intended to add but never actually got in
Excellent soundtrack though
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #295397

Frustrating. There's a vicious cycle of winning, leveling up your crew, buying gear, then winning again but losing 3/4 of high level people in the process and basically starting from scratch.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #295403

So the entire east area of my map is uncharted wildlands that no one enters. I set out to map this shithole and look for loot.

I want to die.
Spoiler:

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #295410

Looks to me like you are going to
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #295412

Nope I won, one of my original mercs went down but survived with a missing ear.

Then I got ambushed 5 seconds after that battle.
Spoiler:

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #295431

>Having the height advantage against roughly even number undead

You already won
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #295434

Those pikes fuck you up fast.

Also the kingdoms at war event triggered, I picked one side and am murdering the other. I like how when you attack civilian units like trading caravans the game plays sad music to let you know you're a heartless piece of shit.

[youtube]EQe0dyqDlx4[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Battle Bros - You too can be a broke Merc Troop!

Post by srifenbyxp » #306122

VERY Fun tactical game, in sort the story kind of plays out like the beginning of Berserk. You leader dies and your in command, go around valid hunting and killing thieves, zombies, liggers and xenos scum. Weapons and shit is super costly, jew your contractors for more money and sell anything worth of value. If you get tired of everybody dying feel free to give yourself some extra coin. :igloves: Also when someone dies they lose all of their gear so you cant recover it for some odd reason.

[youtube]C5_eSS-NTeU[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Battle Bros - You too can be a broke Merc Troop!

Post by Lumbermancer » #306134

There's already a thread. Delete.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #306145

Haha! Merged!
Freedom
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #306199

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Grey Tide

To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #308376

>still not geist the dangerous
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #309291

Devs said they're done with the game forever today. What a shame. Not even one DLC.

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #309336

Shame indeed

Game could have used some updates. Still good though
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #314342

I started a new game and I need a full 20 set of names.