Gwent: Because Shadowverse and Hearthstone suck, idiot.

Talk about video games here
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Re: Gwent: Because Shadowverse and Hearthstone suck, idiot.

Post by Alex Crimson » #309893

Bottom post of the previous page:

Nobody is sure. They never gave an official date for the end of the season. Most people are assuming its either 2 months from open beta or that the season will last for the entire duration of the beta.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #310318

Milled nerfed cards are no longer giving full value. So anyone still trying to do that should probably... not. At least until the next patch when they do it again. Until then its best to save up your cards and pick OP ones if you can. Or just play normally, not a big deal.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #310420

Expect lots of newbies

Trump made a vid about Gwent being available now and the basics
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #311887

I made it to level 10, ranked set me as rank 4 or something, but didnt play after that.
Is the rating there just MMR?

Right now I dont feel like playing ranked because I dont have enough cards to make a good deck and I can still reliably win casual with the nilfgaard starter deck (except against weather spam).
I'll just get the daily 6 casual wins until I can be bothered to assemble something nice.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #311893

Yeah its just MMR. Doesnt take long to rank up if you have a decent deck. The issue right now is that everyone is running shitty Skellige decks that are insanely strong in the current meta. To the point that the community is crying for a nerf and even pro players hating it. You have probably encountered the hell that is Savage Bear and Clan Drummond Shieldmaidens.

You should be able to reach rank 10 with a casual deck. I got to rank 9 with a shitty reveal deck that had one non-standard gold card. Id highly recommend playing ranked as much as possible because the rewards are very generous. Id stop at maybe rank 13-15. Depends how hardcore you want to play. We are still not sure what happens when the season ends. MMR/rank might not be resetting like Hearthstone.

http://gwentlemen.com.s3-website.eu-cen ... /snapshot/ Those are the most popular meta decks on the ladder right now. Notice how Skellige is dominating everything.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #314649

4000 scraps after patch, I don't even know what to do with it all.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #314700

Wait for the meta to be established and see what the popular decks are, or just find something you like and go with that.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #317044

aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #331905

New patch. Few new op cards. Got 13000 scraps from mill.