Nanotrasen Inc Needs You! (EVE online)

Talk about video games here
Sum Ting Wong

Re: Nanotrasen Inc Needs You! (EVE online)

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #55140

Bottom post of the previous page:

cedarbridge wrote: Except most of those "changes that threaten their monopoly" were either suggested, championed by, or lobbied for by GSF/CFC. Tech? We told CCP that was going to be a problem before it first spiked and they did nothing until OTEC had already done its thing for an eon and we'd even run a stupid ad on the Alliance tourney making fun of it. Remote controlled drone blobs? We even mentioned in the fleet doctrine announcement when we started that stupid gimmick that we were going to abuse it until CCP listened and nerfed it. The forums are noise, we're influential because we're visible so we can effectively lampshade poor balance choices CCP makes and they have no real choice but to do something about it when an entity as large as us abuses it.
What about those Mobile Siphon Units? I seem to recall your alliance holding a very strong view of them during the months before they were changed. Do you think that they were championed too? Speaking of which, doesn't your alliance also hold an incredibly large amount of Guidance Systems stocked up somewhere? Rumor has it that you folks tried to buy up as much as you could before the PI goods went up for Siphon production.

12 mil to produce, harder to deploy en-masse, but easier production mat sales to poor scrublets. You guys also loved Siphons so much that you neglected to mention to CCP that they can be detected through API.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55171

Sum Ting Wong wrote:
cedarbridge wrote: Except most of those "changes that threaten their monopoly" were either suggested, championed by, or lobbied for by GSF/CFC. Tech? We told CCP that was going to be a problem before it first spiked and they did nothing until OTEC had already done its thing for an eon and we'd even run a stupid ad on the Alliance tourney making fun of it. Remote controlled drone blobs? We even mentioned in the fleet doctrine announcement when we started that stupid gimmick that we were going to abuse it until CCP listened and nerfed it. The forums are noise, we're influential because we're visible so we can effectively lampshade poor balance choices CCP makes and they have no real choice but to do something about it when an entity as large as us abuses it.
What about those Mobile Siphon Units? I seem to recall your alliance holding a very strong view of them during the months before they were changed. Do you think that they were championed too? Speaking of which, doesn't your alliance also hold an incredibly large amount of Guidance Systems stocked up somewhere? Rumor has it that you folks tried to buy up as much as you could before the PI goods went up for Siphon production.

12 mil to produce, harder to deploy en-masse, but easier production mat sales to poor scrublets. You guys also loved Siphons so much that you neglected to mention to CCP that they can be detected through API.
Our stockpiles of guidance systems are all privately held. Anyone with the foresight to stockpile them before the production changes (before my time unfortunately) could do the same. Seriously though, those are all privately held fortunes (or not) and the only tab anyone at the alliance level has on them is a voluntary "role call" thread where people post to smug about their personal troves and wiser men datamine for total possible holdings.
I can't remember a time in the CFC (I operate as a FC at the alliance level remember) where we seriously gave a shit about siphons. At all.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #55175

The CFC were the very best position after the jump changes. The CFC relied far less on bfeing able to project capital forces across the map then PL and N3. The very proof of that is the fact the CFC is enaged on multiple fronts and handling it tidly. Where as N3 and PL can no longer rely on each other/other allies to drop the hammer from across the map if they drop their own super capital fleet. The CFC have assloads of people. This means that objectively speaking, they will beat any opponent in a game of attrition. People like BL/PL/NC can field numbers to match or beat the CFC in a fight. But when you have fight after fight for weeks, these smaller, "elite" alliances don't have the stamina to compete. That's because they need a very high % participation rate compared to the CFC to match them, and you can't expect people to be able to show up for every fight. With the CFC, they don't need to.

And yeah with Tech, Mittani went out of his way to point out how retarded it was having this one rediculously valuable moon mineral, which has a natural geographic monopoly. Then sat on most of it and proved the point, telling CCP at every turn to fix it, until they did. Pretty ironic, considering the moongoo change was done supposedly to shake up the old game of 'only R64's were valuable'. Now the CFC make bank on the renting empire.

And Anon, you misunderstand. I don't fly in big fleets, ever. Even if I wanted to I don't often have the time to do it. I only do small scale fighting, solo'ing with my slicer or roaming with my corp. That or kill nerds in my aeon. I just can't be assed sitting in game doing nothing, partly because my laptop gets hot enough to boil an egg. So people just ping me on jabber when shit is happening.

Removing goons, or never having goons in the game wouldn't have helped anything. It's only logical in a game like this. If you want to beat someone, you need either superior doctrine, or better numbers. Ideally both. Goons are very successful because they have a very robust leadership structure, and somethingawful is a steady supply of new recruits. You saw a similar thing happen with Test, but A: digg is cancerous, and B: They had shitty leadership and loads of fair weather members.
So anyway, with or without goons, it's only logical that an alliance with friends is more likely to win then one without them. Those that don't have friends, that cant escalate the fight, lose. They keep losing, moral breaks, and the alliance disbands. Alliances that have friends, that are able to throw the bodies and the ships into the fight win, and get stronger. Then there is no logical reason to let new comers into the null game, without choosing a side. The logical end to this is less and less groups, but them getting larger and larger.

Basically EVERY party involved has AGREED that this is not good for the long term health of the game, but just like technetium, or tracking titans and every other winning mechanic, just because people think it's fucking retarded from a game design standpoint, doesn't mean they're going to crucify themselves by not taking advantage of it.

The jump changes have helped, but we'll have to wait for the sov changes to see how successful CCP will be with tackling this problem.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #55180

Brave are the new goons tbh

But hey I enjoy my trading shenanigans and ive made b a n k (okay not that much bank only like 1.5 billion but it's growing)
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #55191

cedarbridge wrote: Our stockpiles of guidance systems are all privately held. Anyone with the foresight to stockpile them before the production changes (before my time unfortunately) could do the same. Seriously though, those are all privately held fortunes (or not) and the only tab anyone at the alliance level has on them is a voluntary "role call" thread where people post to smug about their personal troves and wiser men datamine for total possible holdings.
I can't remember a time in the CFC (I operate as a FC at the alliance level remember) where we seriously gave a shit about siphons. At all.
I was in .-A-. at the time of rubicon. Word down from leadership was that goons were making motions to buy up as much as they could on the available market. It wasn't so much a coordinated effort as it was 'hey guys free isk come rubicon spread the word!' type of thing. Some vets who had been stockpiling that particular material for a long time had ended up making tens of billions, but those people didn't make the biggest impact. I suspect that this was part of some greater scheme to drive the price up given that nobody in their right mind would willingly tell a legion of newbies about the most profitable good on the market.

On a strategic level Siphons were meant to represent a small nick in the moon goo fortune. On a practical level they were implemented to force AFK POS owners to watch their stations more carefully and give new players a reason to venture out of their comfort zone. The increase in mineral requirements, mass and the general vacuum created by eager rookie traders right before rubicon broke them completely. It takes somewhere around sixteen full hours of cycles for one to earn back its worth on a standard moon, but the owner of the tower can know the exact moment when you anchor that thing around the bubble because of the API. It's useless.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55197

ColonicAcid wrote:Brave are the new goons tbh

But hey I enjoy my trading shenanigans and ive made b a n k (okay not that much bank only like 1.5 billion but it's growing)
I scammed 2b off high sec nerds in my first two months. You're on the track to making real money, friend.
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #55301

I only log in to train nowadays. Got over 10mil sp, got most EWAR skills up to lvl 5 I think I'm currently training for cruiser V for falcons/rooks.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #55312

Ye got like 12 days before I can use a cerberus.

Fuckin cruiser v takes like a whole month ;_;
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #55319

I know mang, got 7 days left on cruiser V. After I got falcon/rook, gonna flesh out my missile and gunnery.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #55349

Wew same.
I mean I can use T2 Light and Heavy Missiles but that's really about it, need them supplementary skills mang.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55351

Let me tell you guys about training FC 5 and Jump Drive Calibration 5.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #55356

90 days no sweat.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55363

ColonicAcid wrote:90 days no sweat.
Bonus points to my fellow FC who managed to be too retarded to upgrade their clone 4 times and lost FC5 each time.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #55364

lmao that's a fucking year lost because of clone shittery
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #55373

>tfw you accidentally buy a 70mil sp clone instead of a 7mil sp clone
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #55393

don't you lose just 10% of the SP gap that your clone didn't cover?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #55399

no you lose a skill in most cases.
a random skill afaik, if you're unlucky its FC5 that goes, if you're lucky it's like a newbie starting skill.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55402

ColonicAcid wrote:lmao that's a fucking year lost because of clone shittery
We only ever stopped giving him shit over it because he caused Asakai. So, now we get to give him shit for that instead.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55403

ColonicAcid wrote:no you lose a skill in most cases.
a random skill afaik, if you're unlucky its FC5 that goes, if you're lucky it's like a newbie starting skill.
I believe its the highest rank from your last completed skill or your most expensive skill. So generally its awful shit like Command Ships V, FC 5, JDC 5, or (formerly general) Racial Battlecruiser 5.
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #55410

SP loss is still a thing?
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #55420

not any more.
actually i think only with t3 shit can you lose skills
but clone sp loss is no longer
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55424

Oh, that's right. They got rid of cloneloss didn't they?
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #55437

How active is the NT EVE corp? I've played EVE on and off for the last like, 8 years but, not really properly for a very long time, tempting to get back in if we have an active corp
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #55445

right now? not very active.
we used to actually be alright in activity a few months ago and we even ran one small pvp incursion which ended in me losing my condor to a fuckin jamming field infested with russian 'cepts but otherwise it was p. fun.

you can join the 4chink corp who apparantly took their first bit of nullsec space if you're so inclined but as of this moment nanotrasen inc. is dead bar anons brother.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55448

ColonicAcid wrote:right now? not very active.
we used to actually be alright in activity a few months ago and we even ran one small pvp incursion which ended in me losing my condor to a fuckin jamming field infested with russian 'cepts but otherwise it was p. fun.

you can join the 4chink corp who apparantly took their first bit of nullsec space if you're so inclined but as of this moment nanotrasen inc. is dead bar anons brother.
Which one this time? There's been 5 or so now.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #55631

I loaned the corp to my younger brother for his massive alt army's use. He's currently sitting on something like 40+ billion ISK from buying and selling characters.

I'm too busy trying to get a bunch of other shit done to play right now. No idea when I'll be back.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #58008

dont forget to redeem your 20 days of free alt training on the website, it expires in like a day or less
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #64651

cerberus get
gitting gud in solo pvp with kestrel still not get
:(
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #64828

ColonicAcid wrote:cerberus get
gitting gud in solo pvp with kestrel still not get
:(
Fly an honortanked arty wolf like a real man.
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #64851

I got falcon and rook not too long ago too. Working on getting all my missiles to T2.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #64922

Rook's damage bonus applies to RLML's now, which is pretty handy.
Curse is stilled besst though.
M0nsoon
Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Post by M0nsoon » #66589

10 more days and I'll have my Incursion fit Legion!
Then I'll never have to be a poor space hobo again
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #66762

Move into wormholes.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #105302

WE BACK BOYS

MY CERBERUS LOOKS FUCKING GR8
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #105455

I bugged my brother to see how he's doing and what the corp might be up to.

He's made billions upon billions of isk buying and selling characters on the forums, apparently he's now commanding some robot army down in lowsec and took part in some giant fleet battle that happened recently that made the EVE news. I don't know if the Nanotrasen Corp itself is involved or if he's created some other puppet organization to handle it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #105483

Yeah he left the corp and made you CEO again AFAIK.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #105610

Everyone should just get mid-grade snakes and an Orthrus.

It's the most hilariously fun shit.

>Fly overheated at over 6km/s.
>Point and missile range over 60km.
>Scram nerds at 26km so you literally cannot get caught unless you're a retard/run into rapier web range.
>Do over 600dps with RLML's, letting you 2 volley frigate sized shit.
>Tank over 1000dps with your ASB, if something can actually hit you

Once you have a handful of orthrus flying together, you can absolutely assblast shit.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #105848

PL Nerd here,

Whats up yo.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #105927

Do N3 even exist anymore.

I haven't kept up with nullsec politics and neither have I watched Talladar yet.

[youtube]LmS9vcVNr5A[/youtube]
fucking garmon
"GO IN NOW, RAPIERS IS YOUR FUCKING PRIMARY, RAPIERS IS THE FUCKING PRIMARY EVERYONE TO RAPIERS NOW ALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #106150

Who wants me to yank half of BLs Capital Reserve hanger.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #106187

Funnel all their funds to me and I'll keep them no questions asked.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #106188

ColonicAcid wrote:Funnel all their funds to me and I'll keep them no questions asked.
I can take 14 fitted dreads and about 30 fitted triage carriers.

You can have the liquid isk from the assets if you want.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #106227

yo that would be cool as shit.

>inb4 i become Black Legion's remnants biggest fucking target
lmao
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #106229

ColonicAcid wrote:yo that would be cool as shit.

>inb4 i become Black Legion's remnants biggest fucking target
lmao
I have plenty of characters to burn, trust me.

My super character isn't even subbed ayyyy.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #106236

>tfw jefftheraider will never pat you into bed and whisper in your ear "it's okay lets go play chivalry no mad."
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #106253

I love jeff, he's fucking shit at chiv though.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #106295

Pls gib isk.

Seriously, I have my aeon but no slave implants anymore, that's just fucking sad.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #106320

m8 ive gotta fund my manticore solo pvp incursion addiction though......
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #136794

I got 10 bil, took me a while.

Thinking of going into lowsec, had some time in WHs and null.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #137085

I got an email about DUST514 and apparently it only started making money after the generation ended.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #137090

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking, puttin dust on a console.
They have finite (and short) life spans, before everyone upgrades to the next one, where as a pc game has far better staying power.