Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Talk about video games here
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Post by ColonicAcid » #324542

Do you like old school cRPG's/blobbers? Probably not because its a dead genre.

but if you do this cRPG has been in development for 20 years and has 600 hours of gameplay which is pretty good value even if it costs $35
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Re: Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Post by Jacough » #324606

Pirated it because fuck paying $36-$40 for that shit, especially since the dev said he's never going to let the price drop or go on sale ever again. First encounter was a fly that went first four times in a row and killed two of my tanks and stunned one of my rogues before any of my guys could get a turn. Tried a few more times with different parties but it basically went the same. Enemies in the very first area would take off half or more of even characters like a giant warrior with one hit and kill characters in a single turn below my healers could have a chance to even try save them. Pretty broken design if you ask me.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Post by ColonicAcid » #324623

same shit occured in wizardry

its another case of get good.

get a frontline beefy hp character whos only reason for existing is to get punched... repeatedly. Giants, naga or wolfin fit this role perfectly. put him and 2 other fighters on the front lines. get a sage, make him an aeorb because mind flay is fucking busted. finally get a bard. those three characters are the bare mininum, everything else can be whatever the fuck you want, experiment, do whatever.

also learn to save often, theres no auto save and the game is supposed to be hard, it's a game from the 90's that took 20 years to develop, so act accordingly.
crack is whack but smacks got your back