Let's Play One Way Heroics+ [maids] [waifus] [anime]

Talk about video games here
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Let's Play One Way Heroics+ [maids] [waifus] [anime]

Post by captain sawrge » #333557

One Way Heroics is a sidescrolling roguelike. Today I will be playing it and you can watch and comment if you want to I guess.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:

the image host i use died so half of the thread is full of dead images

TUTORIALS:
Stats:
Spoiler:
Like most RPGs, One Way Heroics features a stats system. Every time you level up, you gain a point in one of your stats. It's random which stat goes up,
but every class has different weights for the RNG (For example, swordmasters are more likely to get strength while force users most often get intellect or willpower)
There are 6 main stats: Strength, Agility, Vitality, Willpower, Charisma, and Intellect
Strength: increases weapon damage and weight limit.
Agility: Increases evasion, combo rate, and speed of your actions. High agility will sometimes cause slower NPCs to stop, allowing you to take a second action against them. This works in reverse for the player!
Vitality: Increases max LIFE and passive LIFE regeneration.
WIllpower: Increases critical attack chance and force power damage
intellect: Decreases energy and stamina consumption from using abilities. Also increases the chance to passively identify items.
Charisma: Slightly lowers shop prices per point. Charisma also must be spent to recruit party members.

In addition to these stats, there are 3 passive skills that certain classes learn:
Lockpicking: Allows you to open chests and doors with a skill. Higher level increases the chance of success. Can potentially be used to open Sealed Vaults, negating the requirement for a key of seals.
Swimming: Lowers ST cost and turns required for moving through water.
Mountain climbing: Like swimming, but for mountains.
Weapons and equipment:
Spoiler:
One Way Heroics has 3 main equipment types: weapons, armor, and accessories.
There are 5 subtypes of weapons: swords, spears, axes, staves and bows.
Swords: The most balanced melee weapon. Deal decent damage, have good durability, generally aren't too heavy.
Spears: Can attack from +1 tile away and pierce through enemies. Do less damage than swords and have lower durability.
Axes: Monstrous damage, and deal bonus damage to structures like walls and chests. The downside is they are often very heavy and have accuracy
penalties.
Staves: Weak damage, but boost the effectiveness of force powers. Very light.
Bows: Ranged, with the exception of the sword crossbow lack a melee attack. Requires ammunition to fire. Different types of ammunition, often with powerful effects, can be acquired.

Armor is fairly self explanatory. Each piece of armor has both a damage reduction value and an armor value. Damage reduction reduced damage taken by a set percent, and then the armor value is subtracted from this number to calculate net damage. Some types of armor give bonus evasion or reduce the effectiveness of incoming force attacks.

Accessories include any equipable items not covered by armor or weapons, including jewelry, shields, and ammunition.
Jewelry provides passive buffs such as increased EXP gains or extra stats
Shields have a chance to passively block damage from physical attacks, similar to armor.
Ammunition is used to fire bow type weapons.

--ACT 1: Hanzo Steel--
Spoiler:
I just unlocked ninja last night and have yet to do a single run using it, so naturally I will be doing my first run as one.

An interdimensional terror is threatening our world! It's up to sarsadangl to stop it before the world is destroyed.

This is King Victor. He gave us a long-winded explanation of what's going on but I hit skip by accident. Basically if we don't keep moving to the right side of the screen we will die.

Victor teleports away, leaving his subjects to perish in this cold stone tomb.

Our adventure begins! The dead have risen again by the Demon Lord's influence and aren't too pleased.

There's a small shop east of Victor's castle, but we're poor as fuck. This man is about to be consumed by the left end of the screen but that doesn't stop him from trying to make the last buck he'll ever see.

Ninjas in this game can convert part of their flesh into deudly shurikens. Unfortunately this lowers your max stamina permanently, so it's kind of a last-resort sort of deal.

We come across a tavern. There's a nice lady sitting around in here.

Dosey's looking for her favourite food, Nayuta fruit. Unfortunately I already ate all the ones I found so she's just going to get sucked into the darkness and die. Ninjas sacrifice their people skills for knowledge of the secret arts anyway, so she probably wouldn't have wanted to join us on our adventure.

One of King Victor's soldiers is camping outside the tavern. He offers us some supplies.

A tiny amount of gold, a key that is mostly useless as I have the lockpicking skill, and an unaccepted form of currency. Thanks, King Victor.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 20 times in total.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Lettuce Play One Way Heroics: Plus Edition by SmokingWOL

Post by D&B » #333565

first
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
captain sawrge

Re: Lettuce Play One Way Heroics: Plus Edition by SmokingWOL

Post by captain sawrge » #333566

Spoiler:
A few steps onwards, I get ambushed by a dragon warrior and a minotaur. These two are really tough and ninjas are made of paper. Uh ohh!!!

The dragon warrior died to a throwing knife and the use of a special ninja shuriken. The minotaur....wandered off.
Oh. Well, see ya.

3 days into our quest, we meet the Demon Lord. He's the one responsible for the encroaching wall of all-consuming darkness on the left side of the screen. Unlike most JRPG bosses, the demon lord recognizes the importance of nipping issues in the bud and has come to mercilessly end our life before we can spend a million hours grinding to max level.
His attacks include hitting you very hard and charging up a strong flame spell that will probably one shot our hero at this point in the game. He also has a barrier that absorbs most attacks. It weakens progressively as the game goes on.

Some local enemies join the fight. Things aren't looking too good.

Fortunately for us, the demon lord can only sustain himself for a few hours before having to return to wherever he came from. He teleports away and leaves us with all these pissed off zombies and forest creatures to deal with.

*teleports behind you*

We almost definitely can't afford this guy's prices.

He offers some neat abilities though. Maybe we'll find another one of these guys a few hundred kilometers onwards

More exp pinatas have taken notice of the hero.

There's a traveling chef parked out next to a dungeon in case any intrepid adventurers need to get their snack on. This is very fortunate because our hero is currently dying of hunger.

The Demon Lord ostensibly appeared again, but seems to be either invisible or very lost.

Oh, there he is.

And there he goes.

The Goddess of Time, Cronos, offers our hero the opportunity to save in exchange for 5 levels. From what I understand, there's no actual downside to leveling down aside from taking longer to meet class ability level requirements, and you keep any stat gains you get. That said, I'm level 17 and ninjas unlock their final skill at level 20, so I turn down the offer.

Our hero enters a volcano. Volcanos are populated mostly by harpies, stone-throwing imps, bears, and lava. Towns are pretty rare and villages are abundant.

There's a small village among the lava flows. Sarsadangl fills up on food and we move on.

They offer take-out, but at 7 times the price of a dine-in meal.

The armor dealer was selling an unidentified bracelet. I traded a gem I got off a dog for it and it ended up being something really good. Sarsadangl can hit even harder now.

The final ninja technique lets us channel our ninpo into raw destructive energy and go naruto uzumaki on some poor unsuspecting birdwomen.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D&B

Re: i didnt know you cant go left - Let's play One Way Heroi

Post by D&B » #333567

Why does everything take max stats to cast.

what the fug
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333568

D&B wrote:Why does everything take max stats to cast.

what the fug
That's the ninja's gimmick. All the other classes aren't like that. I haven't actually had to use anything other than one shuriken so far though.
I'm not totally sure what ninjas'' stat gains are like, but you do get max ST and HP back from leveling up anyway.

Taking a break from updating, will resume in a little bit.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #333570

Why does no one else run in terror from the evil darkness and just sit there to die
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #333573

HAHAHA CAPTAIN SHILLS
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #333576

Subscribed!
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #333580

I am enjoying this.
I play Boris Pepper.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333581

Spoiler:
Out in the mountains, we meet an old lady that claims she can teach us magic.

Ninjas aren't known for their smarts, so all but the most basic flame spells are unavailable. We'll pass on magic for now.

Well, I was already at max HP, but thanks anyway.

The Demon Lord reappears and corners me. Mountains can be climbed, but doing so takes several turns where he is free to wail on me. Considering I am a ninja and have no real armor, that would almost definitely mean death.

Fortunately, we have a solution.

And we're outta there.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333582

Spoiler:
Here is a goat. Peaceful animals are fairly rare, but generally offer a large amount of experience and occasionally powerful consumables that can raise stats.
The downside to killing them is that it makes fantasy PETA very, very angry.

I leave the goat alone. You don't fuck with the Jade Hunters if you want to stay alive for very long.

The mountain biome terminates into a snowfield. Snowfields suck because they're full of big angry bears and also cause your energy to drain faster.

Out near the top of the map, hidden in some mountains, there's an ice crystal. I smashed it open and broke a piece off. Now our bag is refrigerated.

Also, I ate some meat off a wolf and got food poisoning. Damn.

Ambushed again. Phantom Knight and a Minotaur. Fuck. Phantom Knights carry shields and can absorb a ton of physical damage, and dish out just as much. Minotaurs aren't quite so hardy but are still dangerous.

Fortunately, I'm prepared for such an occasion.

FUCK

Well, it doesn't matter because phantom knights are also kind of stupid and can't see very far. He just wanders off, leaving me to face the much less fearsome minotaur.

Here we go again.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333585

Spoiler:
Another successful encounter where I barely survive by just booking it the moment he appears.

There was a very strong wolf that was wanted by the law. I was panicking because it nearly two shot me so I forget to get a picture of it, so imagine a wolf but glowing red and also it had a big red star. I killed it and leveled up three times.

There's also a bunny running around, which I'm going to leave alone lest I suffer the wrath of some very high level tree huggers.

Time to do some crawling.

I guess this used to be a shrine. Ninjas know lockpicking, so hopefully I can get these opened in time to get out without getting backed up against a wall.

Took four tries but I got one open.

Behind the chest is an altar to Cronos. She offers a boon in return for some levels. I go with combo hit rate.

No luck with the last chest. I'm getting out of here before I trap myself.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333587

Spoiler:
Inside the chest was a Key of Seals. These are really rare gems that can open sealed Shrines. They contain really powerful gear that can counteract the Demon Lord's magic. The shrines themselves are also really rare though, so I might not see one at all on this run.

Guarding the entrance to this next mountain range is a dog that breathes fire. It melted my ice crystal, which sucks.

Our very expensive diamond became a mostly worthless chunk of carbon. On the bright side, some of the meat I picked up got cooked, so I don't need to worry about food poisoning.

Another ambush.

HIDE THE POTS AND PANS

AH FUCK OK SURE

I forgot I had a scroll of steel. It roots you but reduces physical damage taken to 20% for 5 turns. I finished off the King of Power Crow and level up an entire 5 times.

We venture on.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333592

Spoiler:
Up here is either a Golem or another Goddess Altar. If it's the former I'm probably fucked because I used most of my items dealing with the hellterror bird.

Oh thank Goddess.

I boost my crit rate for 9 levels.

He's baaaaaack

Considering he can fly and also end worlds, the demon lord is kind of slow, and I'm fast enough I can pretty easily outpace him. The way speed works in this game, if you have a significantly higher agility than enemies you get a second turn on them. I got quite a few on the demon lord.
That said, his barrier isn't weakening much anymore. If I can find a decent weapon or some items before his next encounter, I might be able to start fighting him.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333599

Spoiler:
We come across Ruins. They're mostly like grasslands but with more stone and dungeons.

Nice.

Also of note in the ruins: lots of strong enemies.

Another dungeon, another altar.

I really could use a better weapon than this fucking short sword I've had since the first area.

There was a Villainous Crow. It tried to attack me. I've dealt with worse at this point.

It dropped this. Might help when facing the demon lord.

UH OH
I didn't notice the bird chasing me was fire-breathing. I had bombs in my inventory. They exploded. Oops!

I drank a healing potion and ran from the phantom knight. Fuck that thing.

This guy's back. I managed to break his barrier with the spell killing spear. He's vulnerable to regular attacks, but he's got a lot of HP and I don't.

We come to a tavern. For 500 silvers, a bard sang us a song to encourage us on our quest. Cheapskate.

Another kindred spirit. This is Albert, the time-travelling gunman.

Unfortunately, ninjas work alone. Sorry, Albert!

There's also a lost little girl here. She was separated from her father.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #333600

Gosh darn demon lords.
I play Boris Pepper.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333601

Spoiler:
Iris, our fairy companion, urges us to return Mila to her father ASAP.

A traveling chef turned out to be a changeling in disguise!

He died in one hit.

We've traveled a long way. Up ahead is the border to another country.
By the way, the sin is death. If you try to skip the toll gate the toll collector goes super saiyan and attempts to extremely murder you. It also makes the rest of the NPCs at the border hostile.

Do these people not realize the world is ending?

This seems ill-advised. I hope they don't do this for everyone.

Corrupted lands are dangerous. Dragons and minotaurs lurk about, among other powerful monsters. Best we get through here as fast as we can. On top of that, the demon lord is almost here again.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333603

Spoiler:
There's lava imps everywhere. I was carrying a lot of flammables. Most of them are in flames. I had to use most of my healing items that didn't burn up to avoid burning to death.
Just before getting ignited again, I get pulled into a stronghold. Thank god the people inside are friendly.

This clown is back again, at a pretty inopportune time.

I picked up a berserk vial. It increases your attack and HP regen by a lot. I threw a vial of fuel at him and then dropped two flamewave scrolls. My spell-killing spear finished the job.
--END OF ACT 1--
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #333604

Hey Listen

IF you find this little girl's dad maybe we can get some free shit before they are both torn apart in brutal fashion in the shadow realm
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333605

This game has several multiple endings, including individual epilogues for all the companion characters. I met quite a few on this run, it's a shame I was playing a ninja. They can be pretty rare, it's not uncommon to go a full run without seeing a single unique NPC. I'll be sure to do another run some time, maybe I'll try to find a world seed that has one of the unique characters so I can show their story.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #333607

We did it Japan.
I play Boris Pepper.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333614

--BONUS ROUND--
--ACT 1.5: KING OF THE RING--
Spoiler:
HEY IDIOT
MAGIC SUCKS
BOWS ARE FOR PANSIES
SWORDS? WE USE OUR FISTS AROUND HERE
I'M BUFF MCLARGEHUGE AND THIS IS HOW TO KILL A DEMON LORD WITH YOUR BARE HANDS

ANY TIME VIC

FUCK THIS THING. REAL WARRIORS FIGHT WITH THEIR FISTS ALONE

DOGS ARE NO MATCH FOR MY IRON KNUCKLES

AND THIS
IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

DOORS ARE FOR FUCKING AMATEUR ADVENTURERS. ANYTHING IS A DOOR IF YOU TRY HARD ENOUGH.

TIME TO BULK

AH FUCK MY WALLET WAS IN MY ARMOR

THESE ASSHOLES DON'T SCARE ME

FUCK PETA

NOW FOR THE SHOWDOWN

KING OF THE RING BABY
Last edited by captain sawrge on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #333619

One Way Heronics.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #333626

That was a roller coaster from start to finish.
I play Boris Pepper.
GarlicBread
Byond Username: GarlicBread

Post by GarlicBread » #333657

Demon lord didn't have those gains brah

Never skip leg day
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333667

double post lol
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333668

--ACT 2: DARK KNIGHTS IN THE MOONLIGHT--

This time, we'll be following the Force Knight Qbopper as he ventures out on a quest to save the order of the Force Knights, a group of psychic swordsmen that can use force powers.
Spoiler:
Most of the force knights were wiped out when the demon lord started the apocalypse. We're on of the last ones alive.

This quest replaces the fight against the demon lord. Another hero can handle that. We're going to go resurrect a holy order!

The temples are guarded by dark knights trying to stop any would-be heroes from restoring the force knights.

This NPC handles the dimensional vault, an interdimensional storage space where you can place items you found in previous runs. I'm not gonna take anything out because I ain't no cheater.

Force Knights are masters of self-buffing. They're able to enchant both their weapons and themselves temporarily a limited number of times a day. In addition, they can learn a single spell from the force user's spell pool. They're not quite as strong as swordmasters or force users, but are versatile and have many tools to turn situations in their favor.

There's a tavern out nestled in some mountains. The only patron is a money grubbing bard.

Force users lack survivability in the early game and start with pretty weak armor, so even weaker enemies are making a pretty big dent in my life.

I found a teleport pill on the ground. These are very useful because they can be thrown at NPCs to teleport them away, which (usually) gets rid of them for you.

This was a bad idea.

Fortunately the teleport pill I picked up earlier gets me outta there

We also learned a new power in that dungeon, telekinesis.

Just in time to tackle that dungeon (the red square on the minimap)

The "dungeon" ended up being a dog pound. They were guarding a bottle of milk.

We're approaching the first force knight temple.

Here it is. Not much to look at, as it were.

Yup.

Ok.
Spoiler:
"Force Knights are ones who maintain the balance of the worlds . . . .
When great death struck the worlds, the Force Knights made it their mission to stop it.
Up to now, the worlds have been saved by the Force Knights countless times . . . but no one knew about these battles.
The Force Knight's most urgent task was to suppress the forces of the Dark Knights. . . Even though now the opposite has happened.
The Dark Knights were born at the same time as the Darkness, and within just a few days they had slaughtered most of the Force Knights . . .
In the midst of the confusion after the Darkness appeared, the Dark Knights pretended to be among those who were escaping by running away and they launched a surprise attack on the Force Knights.
The only ones remaining were people like me, followers who don't have the Force power that the Force Knights had.
You are our last hope . . . .
Spoiler:
Let's see what else is in here.

[youtube]6p0gGj5iATw[/youtube]

Sword of Light makes us hit like a truck.

One resurrection ritual completed, 3 to go.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
D&B

Post by D&B » #333671

Keep going
Spoiler:
fuck you
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333673

D&B wrote:Keep going
gonna stop here for tonight and do some more updates in the morning cause its late and im too tired to trust myself not to just walk into a phantom knight or something and kill the run, esp cause force knight is the thinker class

i am uploading replay data for the first two victories to youtube, i'll update the OP with em in a few minutes
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #333681

this is a really nice thread sawrge
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333682

Armhulen wrote:this is a really nice thread sawrge
owh is one of my favourite games and i've wanted to do something like this for a while. glad people are enjoying it so far
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333809

Last time in One Way Heroics, we killed the first Dark Knight and performed the ritual of resurrection at the first temple of the Force Knights. This time, we'll hopefully make it to the other 3.
Spoiler:
There's a friend nearby. Qbopper's a little more charismatic than sarsadangl, so we might even be able to get a new party member!

It's the dog girl Dosey again! She seems to be lost.

Anything for a cute girl like you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

She happily devours it like the animal she is.

In exchange for a piece of fruit I found in the dirt, this cute girl has agreed to help me fight the most powerful mage in both this and several other known universes.

Cute!!!

Dosey is a healer. She has no combat abilities, so she won't fight alongside you, but she can patch you up during battles. If you raise her affection high enough, she'll also start making consumable medicine items for you.
--PARTY CHAT--
Spoiler:
Image *whistle*
Image What song is that?
ImageA song from my village. We used to sing it during the harvest. My mother used to sing it all the time and I guess I picked up the habit too...
Spoiler:
We finally meet one of these guys. Qbopper is a vegetarian though, so they let us pass without any trouble. At this point in the game I'd probably be totally fucked going up against one, since they use bows and have pretty high agility.

Uh oh. This means a bunch of tough undead monsters like skeletons and phantom knights spawned in. Skeletons aren't a huge issue, but phantom knights are always tough to deal with without magic.

What I originally thought was a town ended up being a really long and narrow cabin full of dead people.

Here's what I meant about "many demons." Two phantom knights, one of them with a title, camping outside this dungeon for me. Gonna just head north and not fuck with these guys.

Oh god damn it.

I strategically use our wife as a human shield.

This is looking worse and worse.

Let's get this clown out of here before I end up like the skeleton beside him.

HE ENDED UP TELEPORTING TO THE SAME TILE
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333812

Spoiler:
I kinda forget we had this ability. Maybe this will help.

The knight is blasted backwards.

It chased me for a good while, but they're still slow, so I managed to just book it to the next zone. Night fell, it lost sight of me and gave up.

NEVERMIND

Fuck it, we're ending this.

Dosey crams healing herbs into my mouth (all of my healing herbs, fuck.) as I wail away on this piece of hellfuck.

He dropped a really heavy sword. I'm gonna try making inventory space for it, but in the mean time Dosey wants to chat.
--PARTY CHAT--
Spoiler:
ImageI made a new type of medicine! Why don't you try it out for me. . ? Drinking it will constantly heal your wounds, even while you're fighting!
ImageYou aren't giving us some kind of drug, are you. . . ?
ImageHuh . . . a drug? Whatever do you mean?
Spoiler:
Dosey mixes us up a new type of medicine. These restore HP gradually over 7 turns.

Seems like we've got fans now.

While we're in town, I picked up a shield from the armor dealer. Shields are very nice to have because they straight up block a portion of damage, rather than simply reduce it like armor.

Mila is in a nearby town, I guess.

Here's another dark chef. Seems familiar. I can actually pay up this time because we're loaded.

Here we go again.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333816

--PARTY CHAT--
Spoiler:
Image. . .Would you like to hear about my past?
My family lived peacefully in a small valley. One day the Darkness suddenly sprang from the earth and consumed all of them. I was picking herbs at the time so I was the only one to survive. Now my village is completely consumed by the Darkness.
Ever since that day, something strange has started happening to my body. A bunch of fur started covering my ears and I even grew a tail. . . .
And recently I sometimes find myself wanting to bite people near me.
W-What are you saying!? Of course I can't do that!
But. . . Are you really sure that defeating the Demon Lord will stop the Darkness?
And...what is going to happen to me?
Spoiler:
Moving on!! Mila's dad is nearby! Maybe we can get at least one happy end for our party!

Looks like this village is our last chance to prep before the next battle with the Dark Knights.

A skill missionary offers to teach us some new tricks. I learn Folding Fang.

Mila: . . . .Father!!
Dad: Mila! Is it really you, Mila? Ohhh, thank god. Because of what's been going on, I thought I might never see you again. . .
Dad: I'm sorry, it must have been really difficult to come this far while protecting Mila.
Dad: Thank you very much. Now then, Mila. . .
Dad: How can I repay your kindness. . . I'd like you to have this.

This mans was loaded.
Dad: As long as my daughter is by my side, I have no need for anything else. I hope you can use it on your travels.

We also leveled up 3 times but I forgot to cap it.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333823

--PARTY CHAT--
Spoiler:
Image...!?
...Ahh....No...It's nothing...really.
ImageDo you feel ill?
Image......
Spoiler:
Looks like the dark knights beat us to the second temple. Fuck.

Let's get ready for a fight!

We join the Illuminati half-way through the battle.

Sword of Light coupled with our grand blade makes pretty short work of these knights. Let's free our dead pals.

Looks like they locked someone up in here.
Follower: This is all I can do, but...
Follower: If you want to know about the Souls of the Force Knights, though it is not much, I will help you in any way I can.
Spoiler:
>What are the souls of the Force Knights?
Those who have the makings to become a Force Knight are said to have inherited a strong soul. Even if a Force Knight dies, their souls are reborn... and the people born with those souls naturally receive the power of the Force Knight.
However, there is an issue with soul inheritance. The number of Force Knights that can exist at the same time is limited. The Dark Knights aimed at that weakness in the Force Knights.

>What are the Soul Fragments?
So as not to let the souls be reborn, the dark knights transformed the souls into crystals which kept them in this world. The dark knights changed the souls of the Force Knights into crystals... Those are the soul fragments that you possess.
After that, the only ones remaining were the small number of us followers...
You and only you are our only hope...
Spoiler:
I found another one of these. Elzite bombs do a lot of AOE damage, but I usually forget I have them and end up getting hit by a fire attack, detonating them. They're mostly run enders in my experience, as highlighted towards the end of sarsadangl's run.

Looks like at least one village had the sense to evacuate.

There's a note on the sign.
Thanks asshole but it's fucking empty.

Oh.
All that was inside was an incredibly shitty dagger and some chainmail. Pretty much a huge waste of time.

Looks like Dosey wants to chat again.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333828

--PARTY CHAT--
Spoiler:
ImageHey, Qbopper! I made another new type of medicine for you. This one is amazing! If you throw it an enemy they will lose the will to fight!
ImageYaaay! It's a rare type of medicine so you can sell it at a high price too!
ImageEhhh!? You are going to sell it!?
ImageThis medicine will work on anything! So anything from powerful monsters, angry guards, or even someone brainwashed to fight! It would be great if we could make friends with all the monsters!
ImageAhahaha...Yeah....I hope we can find some way to bring peace.
ImageYeah, I hope we can all live in peace!
Buddy Tablets work just as Dosey described. You whip em at an enemy and that enemy joins your party. There's a couple unique NPCs that can only join you this way. I'll hold onto them for now.
Unfortunately, Dosey's gift set us over the weight limit, and I can't just hand em back to her.
I'm a bit of a hoarder. I toss a couple healing herbs.

Ambush!! Bandits this time, which is much nicer than phantom knights or minotaurs.

--PARTY CHAT--
Spoiler:
ImageA-Are you okay?
ImageQbopper...Iris... If I start acting strange, please run away immediately...
Image.......
Pray to the goddess it isn't another hellcrow.

CAW
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333829

Spoiler:
Sword of Light + All Seeing Eye means we crit a lot, and when we do we hit like several trucks at once. Ironically, the hellcrow is a lower level than its subordinates.

The crow left behind some money and enough experience to level up 4 times. The money isn't a whole lot compared to what we already have, but I'll take it.

Dosey wants to speak again.
--PARTY CHAT--
Spoiler:
ImageI know that soon we will have to part ways...
So before we do I wanted to give something I made for you.
ImageThis is a special medicine that will increase your strength. There are three types but a person can only use one type.
There is one to increase Strength. There is one more that increases Life and Vitality. The last one increases Intellect and Will.
Do you want any of these, Qbopper?
ImageYes...go ahead.
ImageWhew... Umm...
I have no idea when I will start losing myself...
If I do lose myself to this curse... Please just leave me behind and continue on.
Image...B-But I am not giving up yet! We still have some time!
Both our wife and this really good sword are almost broken.

We're interrupted for a !!SUDDEN PARTY CHAT!!
Spoiler:
ImageAgain? Are you okay?
ImageRun....!
ImageThis monster...!
Is a Killer Hound! They are strong enough to wipe out an entire village by themselves! I can't believe they're actually born from humans...
...What do we do?
Do we...
kill her?
Or do we run away?
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333834

Good thing we got these.
--PARTY CHAT--
Spoiler:
ImageRuff...Ruff...
ImageWooof...!?
Bow Wow!
Spoiler:
As a Killer Hound, Dosey loses her ability to heal or make medicine, but she's an extremely strong combatant.

We're nearing the next temple.

I use a scroll of jerryrigging to fix up my sword. Unfortunately, it'll break a lot quicker the second time around.

These guys ain't shit.

Arise, force knights etc. 75% of force knight souls unleashed.

There's another loredump prisoner in the corner.
Spoiler:
>Why do you fight the Dark Knights?
I do not want to overly decorate my speech with phrases like "Force Knights are the allies of justice!" and the like. In the end, it simply becomes an argument about semantics.
The wish of the Force Knights is for many people to be able to exist, and the wish of the Dark Knights is for it all to end... That's the simplest way to put it.
It's all up to you, whether you wish for 'survival' or 'the end'...
And at this moment, should you be wishing for 'the end', then all you need to do is enter the Darkness.
But wouldn't that be boring? He he he...

>How do I win against the final boss?
The enemy leader, the Dark King...
Even though that he may be so named, it doesn't necessarily mean he's an ally of the Darkness.
If you were to push the Dark King into the Darkness, you should be able to inflict him with some potent wounds.
That tactic is good for when there's no other choice... Now's not the time to be worried about upholding your image.
Well, with that settled, nothing left in here for us.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333837

Spoiler:
Moving forward. Dosey is (literally) a beast as a killer hound. She does a ton of damage which makes her really useful for finishing off enemies that aren't already dying in one hit to my grand blade.

Our hero and man's best friend made real quick work of this dungeon. The Goddess Altar inside offers us a boon.
I''m going with strength here.

I sort of forget all about it, but being force knights, we can learn any one spell from the force user spell pool. Here's the list. I'll have to think a little on what's gonna be most useful. For now, I'll refrain from learning any of em.

Feed me, sensei.

More exp pinatas :lol:

Another toll gate. Money really isn't an object for Qbopper, so we can pass through unmolested.

Uh. Okay. I just wanted to buy some stuff my man.

There's another skill missionary here. I decided to learn how to create healing potions so I can get rid of all these fucking herbs.

I killed a harpy and apparently it was a member of the Dark Brotherhood, a shadowy organization of pirates and black marketeers. It dropped its license, so if I ever come across them, this paper will let me do business with them.

The final temple lies just on the horizon. It's time to finish this.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333842

Spoiler:
Just outside the temple, I decide to learn our force power.
Summon allows you to summon a creature to fight alongside you for 3 in-game hours (45 turns, iirc.) An extra hitter should help against the Dark King.

Hey there, little guy.

Yeah. Let's do this.

Uh oh.
Image ...? Is someone interfering with the release of the souls?

DK: So you're the slimeball who defeated my strongest Knights.
And I can tell by looking at you. You're the last Force Knight, aren't you...? If that's the case, it makes sense why you would come here.
But that's all over now... I will mark the end of the history of the Force Knights with your blood, you cur.
Die!!

I start the fight by dousing his face in acid.

This guy has a lot of HP and can cast force lightning. Ouch.

Still, between the acid, Sword of Light, All-Seeing Eye, and my loyal and vicious companions, he doesn't stand much of a chance.
The Dark King falls. The Force Knights are saved!!
--EPILOGUE--
Spoiler:
END OF ACT 2
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333844

Taking suggestions for the next campaign's class, character name, and world seed (8 characters).
Class list is in the OP.
Will record and update with act 2's replay data in a bit.
Kaizo
Byond Username: Kaizo45

Post by Kaizo » #333847

Name her CHIM
Fcuk you
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #333867

Next world seed:
CHUMBUCK
I play Boris Pepper.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #333869

And class tourist.
I play Boris Pepper.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333876

Bluespace wrote:And class tourist.
I could try tourist but I'll almost definitely lose. Might be fun anyway!
Maybe I'll do act 2.5 as tourist since it's pretty much destined to be a wash anyway.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333882

I tried to spoiler all the updates so the thread isn't as hellish to navigate but I can't edit some of the posts because the imagehost I used is a piece of shit and keeps giving "dimensions of image can not be determined" errors so fuck it.
Also this gay AIDS forum doesn't allow nested spoilers so I had to separate some of them for loredumps & party chats. Oh well, whatever.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333903

--ACT 2.5--
Lovely Vacation in CHUMBUCK!

Featuring: CHIM the Tourist!
Spoiler:
Tourists are weak. They have bad stats, bad starting gear, mediocre abilities, and are designed to be a challenge/joke class for expert players. I'm not, so I'm guessing that CHIM is probably going to live a fairly short life.
Uh, I'm just here to see the sights. What's this about a demon lord?

Oh hell no, I'm going back home. Fuck this.

Well, the port was eaten by the impending apocalyptic abyss. Guess we're walking home. Fuck this guy, by the way.

Sir I was here to take some pictures. Get one of your fucking knights to do it or something.

And the asshole just teleports away. Welp. This is gonna be one hell of a vacation.
captain sawrge

Re: LPOWH+ ACT 2.5: SUNNY SANDS IN CHUMBUCK

Post by captain sawrge » #333911

Spoiler:
I couldn't find a petsitter in time for the trip, so I brought her with me. Hope this little shit can handle himself in a fight!

One of the castle guards offers us some very expensive arms.

Tourists have two abilities: they can write in their journal once per day, and they can blind enemies with their camera flash. After 5 uses of the camera, the bulb burns out and it can't be used for the rest of the game.
The content of the travel journal depends on whether you're in a town, a dungeon, or the normal overworld. You'll also write more pages if more enemies are nearby.
Keeping the quantity of pages between each chapter balanced will also cause you to write more pages.

We come across a Goddess Altar, but I'm too low leveled to make use of it. Oh well.

Oh hell. This is bad enough on non-joke classes.

I wrote about a bat trying to kill me.

Time to start running and never look back.

SAFE

Another thing to note about tourists is that they have a chance to write a page in their journal instead of gaining stats when they level up. So even though I'm level 8, I still have less-than-level-1 stats right now.

Another ambush! Thankfully, there's a friendly weapons dealer nearby that will make for a good shield.

By some miracle, my cat (apparently named Pocky) and I clear out this dungeon.

Vitality sounds good. Should keep us from dying quite so quickly.

He's probably right.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333918

Spoiler:
The demon lord chases us into a new friend. Mistakes into miracles!

Somehow.

You seem familiar.

This time, I have enough charisma to recruit Albert, and his help will probably be invaluable in not brutally dying to this foreign land's dangerous creatures!
Albert attacks with a gun, so he can attack enemies up to two tiles away. He likes to eat, so eating lunchboxes or buying meals from chefs in town will increase his affection.

I guess CHIM is into merchants.

No, please leave me alone. I'm just trying to get home, pal.

Karma is a bitch.

Albert really enjoys the Dark Chef's cooking. Maybe a little too much...
Albert has something to say...
--PARTY CHAT--
Spoiler:
ImageI'm actually from another world...
ImageHuh...?
Well, you do have some strange weapons, so maybe you're telling the truth...
ImageNot one person has understood when I told them this. So I don't mind if you don't believe me.
ImageUh, okay...
ImageBy the way, have you heard of the Gates of Time?
(no dude have you heard of the gates of CHUMBUCK because i just want to leave this shithole)
ImageYou don't know, huh? It's okay. I wasn't getting my hopes up that you would.
The Gates of Time are ruins, made up of stone pillars placed in a circle. When you go to the middle of the circle, you can travel to different worlds or times.
Image Wow, that sort of thing exists?
ImageOf course, before you can do this, you need the Gates of Time. So I think there have to be Gates of Time in this world, somewhere...
Well! If you've never heard of it, then that's all we can do.
So, should we be off?
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #333936

Spoiler:
You know the drill by now.

Albert and I share a meal at the edge of a volcano.

What mediocre stock you have. Just some healing potions. Our abysmal strength means we can't hold many items anyway.

More Phantom Knights to deal with :roll:

Oh shit.

This should help. Maybe. The fun thing with confusion scrolls is it makes the enemy attack in a random direction, and so they can still hit you.

I actually managed to kill it. Enemies (and players!) take a lot more damage with their backs turned.

GET THESE BIRDS OFFA ME

OH FUCK
A bunch of really tough enemies were in that dungeon. I probably could have played that waaaaaaay better but I am retarded. Here's our first hero death. Rest in peace, CHIM!!
--END OF ACT 2.5--