Tom Cruise's Dick Vision

Talk about video games here
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Tom Cruise's Dick Vision

Post by Jacough » #334755

Right subforum this time:

I picked up The Division on sale a few weeks ago on Steam out of curiosity half expecting it to be shit but so far I'm thoroughly enjoying. Currently working my way through to the end game stuff because I've heard some good things about incursions. Just about hit the level cap but I'm only maybe 75% through the main campaign. Anyone here still play it? If so, wanna play together?
Malkevin

Re: Tom Cruise's Dick Vision

Post by Malkevin » #335409

What was so bad with this game anyway?
I think I remember something about it being that the DLC was maximum jewed.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #335537

The issue was more their floundering of problems at launch.

Massive failed to curtail hacking and/or exploiting certain mechanics that obviously made any PvP encounters in the Dark Zone areas extremely frustrating as either an aimbot could make for a bad time. Additionally, the game had issues where Massive didn't really know where the hell to go with obtaining loot which upset a lot people as they changed way crafting worked making it way more of a chore to do, while also favoring more running of what would be called 'Incursions' with the first end-game content addition. These shipped with a bug that allowed players to easily farm in a manner they shouldn't. They fixed it but never did anything about ill-gains; which created an issue where people went to do Dark Zone, would now run into people decked out fully in gear sets while the other player is just working through slowly to obtain the gear set.

That's what caused most the negativity over the game. The game still is fun for what it's worth and is different change from most other post-apocalyptic type games with it's disaster. Additionally, from what I've heard the game has gotten better with issues resolved, but it obviously won't recover to having such number of players they had when it first launched.
Freedom
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #335562

Also the gunplay is fucking shit and the enemies are hit sponges.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #346250

Never forget the literal line to enter the map due to player collision
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #346572

FF14 had a similar issue at launch and during both xpacs.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz