Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Re: Rimstation 13: part dos

Post by MMMiracles » #364344

Bottom post of the previous page:

131 days in, overview.
Spoiler:
The cancer-causing reactor was causing more issues than it was worth due to its positioning and blocking of several ore deposits, so I did the only reasonable thing and proceeded to shell it with mortars for 3 days straight. We had no power during these 3 days due to a pack of boomalopes wandering into the irradiated area and proceeding to chain-explode on the cable that was laid for said power. The entire area is completely fucked fertility-wise and will always look really ugly, but now at least we can travel through it without getting cancer.

Everyone had their rooms renovated with new beds and carpet. I also took the investment to getting everyone some shoulder pads as well as armor vests. Looking into getting some military pants for added leg protection but as of right now most of the colony probably won't die to a random sniper shot to the liver now.

Wiznard was already the colony's work horse when it came to crafting and with him recently becoming the new mayor, I decided to treat him with some upgrades.
Spoiler:
Duel bionic arms for a pretty hefty manipulation boost means he does just about everything better. The lucifierium is essentially an over-all enhancing drug that's super good for making a good colonist a fucking fantastic one, but it comes with the trade-off that he will go insane and eventually die if he ever goes into withdraw with no way to cure it. As it stands, he chews through majority of crafting orders given to him and I'm pretty sure he could solo the entire colony if I got him a shield belt to protect against bullets.

I managed to rebuild the mortars and build up another hefty supply of mortar shells. The last explosion from the shells almost out-right killed Robinson and those were only incendinary shells. This would probably not even leave a corpse if they went off with someone nearby, so lets hope that doesn't happen.
Spoiler:
A new wanderer joined the ranks, Levin. He also brought with two Labradors who he quickly trained to help in colony hauling. If anyone wants to insert themselves, now would be the time.
Spoiler:

Anonmare has been hard at work researching for the colony, making strides in understanding how to make our own bionics to automatic shotgun turrets that absolutely devastate anyone close to them. One of the latest findings was ground-penetrating radar and an associated deep driller. The green pockets that are highlighted on the map are sections with deep pockets of ore, which can be just about anything you could mine aboveground. Hopefully we'll find a pocket of uranium so I can start churning out shield belts for our melee fighters, as friendly fire is a bitch when dealing with a raid.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #364382

well lets hope we don't run out of that stuff then... I'm slowly working my way up to terminator levels of strength before I end the game a second time lol
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #364386

>tfw im gay for oxford
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #364395

RAID!
Spoiler:
A farm hand hailed us for help, saying they were being chased by savages. I've been looking for an excuse to try out the new armor and weapons, so I responded to his cries of help.
Spoiler:
The savages were gunned down mercilessly, the automated LMGs were moved from their usual positions to help soak up the worst of the front attackers while everyone else just unloaded down the field. The person named 'Sage' in the image was actually a thief who thought they could sneak in to grab some shit while we were distracted by a raid. Apparently that plan didn't work out so well because all it got them was a rifle butt to the face from Robinson's automatic rifle.

The farm hand was greatful for saving them and joined the colony, leaving another slot open for anyone wishing to slide in mid-story.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #364484

Can you add Ulz allready
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #365358

Spoiler:
I started back up and about 5 minutes in a cargo pod came down and smashed both of the colony's only pets.

Rude as fuck.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #365736

163 days in, an overview.
Spoiler:
The islands look pretty gnarly at this point, with the previous ship reactor rendering a giant chunk of land infertile, multiple poison ships killing plant life over the almost 3 years we've been here. Space is becoming ever more concerning as the research unlocked for better gear becomes more expensive and requires more workshop room.

A fully decked-out medical wing with a pharmaceutical room to the side where Qbopper produces most of the medicine. Hospital beds, sterile flooring, and vitals monitors all but ensure the best medical treatment you'll find on the rim.
Spoiler:
Everyone is packing plasteel vests for protection, along with some shoulder pads and padded pants. The vests alone give some insane protection values against bullets and to an extent melee weapons. Urist, Wiznard, and Captain Hutbeard are sporting plasteel longswords and shield belts, so they're pretty capable of playing bait and mincing up anyone who tries to rush the front line.

Sloan and Oxford finalize their relationship, becoming the second couple to get married in this shit-hole.
Spoiler:
Elections we're held once again:

Sloan:
Spoiler:
Humps:
Spoiler:
Hutbeard:
Spoiler:
Urist
Spoiler:
Sloan won the election, meaning Wiznard gets kicked out of his fancy office while Sloan and Oxford move in.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #365739

A pirate raid came, mix of shield melee and pretty decent weapons on some ranged guys. They managed to blow up one of the turrets, but over-all they got shredded, expect for one sole survivor: Janette.

Janette came just in time, as Dangerous had issues with his liver after all his drinking and Sloan developed Asthma from his smoking habits. As it also turns out, the 'harvesting prisoners for organs' debuff doesn't trigger as long as you're replacing them instead of outright taking them. I hope Jannette doesn't mind the downgrades.
Spoiler:

She's got good potential for another crafter to help Wiznard with some of the production tasks, but I dunno. Should we keep her or toss her once shes no longer needed for the spare organs?

Also a grizzly bear tried to eat Captain Hutbeard while he was tending to the devilstrand crops.
Spoiler:
RIP bear.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #365920

Lol what the shit Urist, not meddling in peoples affairs and restricting the drugs they can take seems pretty mutually exclusive. Also how is "this colony is headed for disaster" a platform?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #365942

Has any major characters died yet?
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #365950

Oranges and Robinson got merked in their marriage bed didn't they?
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #365953

cedarbridge wrote:Oranges and Robinson got merked in their marriage bed didn't they?
they don't main hos

also definitely a conspiracy only got with sloan to get into the good hut ;)
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #365954

calzilla1 wrote:Has any major characters died yet?
Surprisingly no, plenty of close-calls though.
cedarbridge wrote:Oranges and Robinson got merked in their marriage bed didn't they?
Wiznard fucked them up real good during one of his mental breaks, it was pretty funny.

Herd migrations of muffalo and deer tried to pass through the colony.
Spoiler:
Is blood a good fertilizer? Because there's a lot of it.

I also now realize I need a bigger freezer.
Spoiler:
There wasn't enough space for all the corpses, so I did the only logical thing and turned Qbopper's bedroom into an impromptu freezer until I can build a bigger one. He still sleeps in there, too.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #365955

he can snuggle all the wolley corpses to keep warm
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #365956

hell yeah im mayor and my gay lover gets to stay with me in the fancy house
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #365958

How long until Sloan declares martial law?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #366077

So, I may of ordered a trade caravan to come to the colony from two different factions without realizing they both hate each other.
Spoiler:
This was probably one of my more worthwhile silver investments and I didn't even mean for this to happen. I managed to tidy things over with the factions by patching up the wounded and bribing them with the silver they dropped from their own caravan. The arcades could probably sell for 350-400 each, but they also give about 45 steel when deconstructed.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.