Monster Hunter World

Talk about video games here
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Re: Monster Hunter World

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #435541

Bottom post of the previous page:

You're not going to be doing 300 per hit or anything. Its not supposed to be the highest damage weapon. A lot of the hh stuff is getting multiple hits in at a time. You should do like 160 or so with the double note on a weak point (total, you need to hit with both parts of the swing)

Hitting with a song + encore is like ~250-300 damage depending on how many hits you got in.

You should always have the buffs on, thats like complaining the ig sucks without buffs.

They dont stack, they're both the same song on that particular horn.

If you want more damage do the bone/gama horn or the neirgigante one. Although if you're only in it for big numbers the hh probably isnt the best pick :p
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #435620

im gonna try going for a wide range build but i need to fit horn maestro in there somewhere, gonna need to google around to try and figure that out. also im basically done getting teostra and nerg's horns, but im gonna need to grind a bit to get baz's. i wanna get a kind of horn-for-every-occassion thing going on, what are some other good ones that i should get?
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #435659

The last bone horn is pretty high damage, and it has Attack up L. Queen Vespoid horn has a song that can negate Daoras wind bullshit. Horn Maestro is nice, but you really want to gem it in, rather than build a set around it. Wide Range is overrated compared to just pure damage with occasional buffs thrown in.

https://www.digg.com/r/MonsterHunter/ ... egathread/ is probably your best bet for advice.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #435669

mansheena has all wind negate and attack buff along with def XL so i think i should be ok on that, but ill definitely hit up that digg later to see if i can get any good advice. i think i might try for that armor set from the guide i posted earlier too.

you should also add me on steam so we can hunt together, just search "Crim" and look for the same stupidass avatar as i have here.

edit: messing with guild cards and i have no idea why i find this so funny
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #435783

If you are so into the idea of support, you might want to try SnS. That is pretty good with status weapons, and you can use items whilst wielding your weapon, so its amazing with Wide Range.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #435834

finished out my armor set and got desolation's overture, so now ill add that to my duo of xeno mansheena and teostra's orphee. now its just grinding to get the decorations i need; i think elder melder can help getting some but im foggy on how exactly to do it, can someone explain how he works? something like you need stones that you can get from investigations and then you get points for a ritual for it? smoothbrain does not comprehend.

other than that i guess i should be working on other weapon trees and stuff, not sure which i should do next. guess ill fiddle around and see what seems fun.
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #435839

3 different tiers of first wyverian ritual, each tier makes higher tier decos available as potential outcomes (not guaranteed): https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextral ... ecorations has a table of available decos per tier. Each tier has a different streamstone requirement, as well as more points needed from the trade in decorations, you can use 1 stone to make 3 decorations at once, provided you have the points needed. I don't recommend trading in ALL your decorations for this, just the ones that you know you'll never need (like blast resist etc).

The tiers aren't completely indicative of the usefulness/strength of the decorations, but typically 2 and 3 are what you're gonna want to do, tier 1 stuff has a large chance of not being too hot.

There's also stuff like backing up saves and writing down potential outcomes ahead of time that you can do, but I'm not that invested in min/maxing to go through all that stuff.

Also, there's augments for armor/weapons, but they require very rare materials that require grindan forever. Armor augments raise upgrade level caps, weapons require a specific stone for that weapon type, and let you add affinity/raw/lifesteal to your weapon, with the amount of mods depending on weapon rarity.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #435849

And by that he means, the less rare the weapon is the more mods it can take

A rarity 8 weapon gets one, a rarity 7 gets 2 and rarity 6 gets 3
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #435889

Why are people repeating shit I said months ago?

Read the fucking thread shitties.

The Wyverian Ritual is gay but if you can still use savescumming to look ahead on your decoration table fucking do that. Do it. You need to cheat to fix that awful fucking mess.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #435916

Dual tempered Bazel wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. A few hits with an IG and they were limping. The constant explosions is fucking terrifying though. Tempered Kirin is going to be hell.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #436040

Timbrewolf wrote:Why are people repeating shit I said months ago?

Read the fucking thread shitties.

The Wyverian Ritual is gay but if you can still use savescumming to look ahead on your decoration table fucking do that. Do it. You need to cheat to fix that awful fucking mess.
I did read the thread, and I'm fairly certain they "fixed" the savescum thing because the game now autosaves just as you do the ritual. Tbh I probably wouldn't do it anyway but maybe that's just because I haven't felt the deepest depths of rng despair yet.

In other news I might try bow or gunlance next. Tryna decide between them but leaning towards the latter for a defense-oriented option against some harder hitting monsters
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #436045

If you do any kind of lance stuff, you only really need guard 2-3. Anything over that is a waste. As is guard Up. Lance destroys Nergigante and Diablos, if you have trouble with either of those.

The savescum thing can still be exploited. You can just copy your save file to another folder, then replace the original after performing the ritual. Id probably do it if i needed some key decoration like the spread/pierce shot up ones. Almost every MH game has some kind of bullshit RNG mechanic that forces people to exploit.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #437562

Deviljho comes out tomorrow on PC!

Finally get access to the better dragon/raw weapons.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #437610

What all is missing on pc that consoles have right now anyway?
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #437629

Deitus wrote:What all is missing on pc that consoles have right now anyway?
https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/DLC

The colaboration stuff probably will not come to PC. The monster DLC should be added at some point. Jho is tomorrow. 3 more monsters after him. Behemoth is apparently really fucking tough. Kulve Taroth is some kinda of 16-player siege marathon quest.
Siege is a newly added game mode that demands the assistance from all hunters in the same Gathering Hub. The 16 hunters will then be divvied off into groups of 4 and the mission will start. Everyone will be working together to investigate and hunt down the same Kulve Taroth.

All hunting parties can collect tracks and breaks off parts from attacking Kulve Taroth which will contribute progress to the same Siege. This new quest type is designed and balanced for multiplayer, so get together and work together with other hunters if you want to earn the rewards.
All stuff to look forward to. All free.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #437778

got the pickle hunting horn but now i have too many deviljho gems help
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #437852

Deitus wrote:got the pickle hunting horn but now i have too many deviljho gems help
You will probably need them. The jho weapons are the best dragon-element weapons in terms of DPS, and they have high elderseal as a bonus. You will need Handicraft & some kind of affinity armour setup, but its worth the effort.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #438072

I caved and got it for pc again

im literally fucking raging at these unskippable cutscenes though, its like a fucking hour just to even get to the first hunt shit like come on already
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #438086

i am actually drowning in gems
like im trying for scales or claws and shit and the games like "NAW FAM YOU NEED MORE WYVERN GEMS LMAO, WHATS THAT NOW YOU NEED TEOSTRA CLAW PFFFT HERE TAKE LITERALLY TWO GEMS IN ONE HUNT XD"
just please stop these things are supposed to be rare, why cant i be this lucky in literally anything else
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #438359

i hate teostra so fucking much goddammit literally the worst fucking elder fucking hell whoever made teostra and thought it was a good idea needs to be slapped in the fucking nuts god fucking damn

FUCK TEOSTRA
Last edited by Deitus on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #438419

i hate rathians so fucking much goddammit literally the worst fucking wyvern variant fucking hell whoever made rathian and thought it was a good idea needs to be slapped in the fucking nuts god fucking damn

FUCK RATHIANS
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #438446

Deitus wrote: FUCK RATHIANS
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #438590

>hey bob how should we make rathian the stupidest fucking monster ever
>i dunno dan how about we make it super poisonous and stun fucking all the time
>good idea bob then we can make it so it also breathes fire so the player can be on fire, poisoned, AND stuck in a stun chain
>good shit dan, but we can still make it worse, what else?
>well bob, i was thinking that we could make it so that when it flies it never fucking comes down, just to fuck with tempered hunts
>brilliant, dan! but lets also make it so that one of its longest attack chains is LITERALLY nothing more than it just running back and forth in a straight line with huge stun values while also still being able to poison the player
>perfect, bob! man, i sure do love munching on dicks dont you
>yeah dan dicks are my favorite om nom nom nom
Floiven

Post by Floiven » #438683

I only solo tempered azure rathalos, whenever I hunt it in multiplayer the flash resistance kicks in and yackity sax starts playing in the background as I watch people get 90 degree turn clawed and fireballed one shots
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #438792

Deitus wrote:>hey bob how should we make rathian the stupidest fucking monster ever
>good idea bob then we can make it so it also breathes fire so the player can be on fire, poisoned, AND stuck in a stun chain
>well bob, i was thinking that we could make it so that when it flies it never fucking comes down, just to fuck with tempered hunts
>brilliant, dan! but lets also make it so that one of its longest attack chains is LITERALLY nothing more than it just running back and forth in a straight line with huge stun values while also still being able to poison the player
could I interest you in a certain doujin

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #438963

DemonFiren wrote:
Deitus wrote:>hey bob how should we make rathian the stupidest fucking monster ever
is it degenerate? then
NSFW:
yes
also who here knows anything about charge blades
i was following a guide saying to build the diablos II blade and aug it with attack and affinity for max dps but a friend told me not to since affinity on charge blades is dumb, and i dont know enough about them to know if they're full of shit or not
this is the build by the by
yes im aware some of them arent in the game yet before you point that out
Floiven

Post by Floiven » #438978

unless you're trying to beat some time attack scores, I'd have health regen as one of the augments, as in general it'll reduce downtime from healing from incidental damage. also, have fun finding those attack gems, still haven't found another at HR 100
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #439001

Deitus wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
is it degenerate? then
NSFW:
yes
very, very degenerate
NSFW:

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #439075

Have you tried cutting their tail and learning how to superman dive and sidestep?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #439115

Or just use a hammer. Hammers have always destroyed Rathians. Their heads are just so easy to hit. If not, then cutting the tails and using flash pods is your best bet.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #439224

Oh right, double tempered bettlejuice is a story quest

I always forgot how annoying that one was
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #440778

managed to finish my horn set today after a bit of luck with a meld

not pictured are (unupgraded) teostra's orphee and xeno mansheena for vaal and kush hunts, respectively. im kind of leery to get into other weapons since the "meta" on pc is below what has already been released on consoles, so i may just spend a long time farming decos for other sets (speaking of which i keep getting a bunch of rarity 8 ones that seem good but im a brainlet when it comes to builds so i have no idea which ones are worth keeping or which are ritual fodder, and ive yet to get a single attack gem unfortunately). ive also been grinding bows a bit since i want to get into them, got the legiana and anja III bow but am holding off on the other elements for the aforementioned reasons. supposedly rocket sword and some other bits and pieces are being added this weekend so i'll probably pick that up too since its arguably the best GS from what i gather.
Floiven

Post by Floiven » #440783

at this point I just meld gems that I have over the max needed to max the skill, I'd rather have them JUUUUUST in case they're useful later on down the road. Still haven't found any more attack gems either at HR ~115 or so either.
Also, I can't find your steam ID since there's approximately a gorillion crim's on steam, my ID is brakula (with the skeleton head avatar) if you wanna hunt together sometime