Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Monster Hunter World

Post by Timbrewolf » #379191

Bottom post of the previous page:

[youtube]flt3X2CFzkw[/youtube]

Damn that felt good.

GS is king. I recant my earlier criticisms. It's king.

Once the LS "heats up" you can put out a fucking ton of damage with alternating helmsplitter/spirit combo spam.
But what makes GS so good is that it doesn't need any "load time" before it gets ready to rock like LS, Swaxe, CB, etc.

In actual practice fighting monsters the simple bread-and-butter unsheath triangle, with some sweep slash follow-ups does so much damage in 2-3 hits relatively quickly and you can leg it afterwards.
Against a post just smacking damage numbers you don't really see that. My mistake.
In practice being able to sweep the legs out from something and drop a charge (or multiples) for hundreds and hundreds of damage just like that is too good.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #379210

Best thing is the tackle and side smash do blunt damage, which help knock out monsters if the damage alone doesn't topple them
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379212

The follow up side swipe after a tackle hits like a fucking ton of bricks. It's a great option if you fuckup your distance while trying to do a simple charge during a window and want to just cash it out for a bit of damage while closing the gap. I think on average I probably connect with that move more times per hunt than anything else, it's such a powerful hit for how quickly you can throw it out after a little setup. Great hitbox too.

LIke if I'm charging up an unsheath attack, and the monster suddenly pivots and stats to run off after someone else, you can cancel into a tackle and then that monster home-run swing to bite 'em in the ankle before they're gone.

You can tackle right out of a roll too, and immediately set yourself up for a charge that IIRC starts at the 2nd stage of the series? Or just roll, tackle, sideswipe. Great damage. Big dents in the legs to set yourself up for a charge series.

I keep fucking up the spacing trying to drop that true strike on sleeping monsters. I feel like I'm on the green trying to make a put everytime and just fucking it up while everyone stands around and watches me goof it up. I mostly whiff it, sometimes hit with the wimpy first swing, and only rarely actually connect with the meaty. Gotta practice that spacing more.

Crazy good weapon when you aren't just trying to stupidly spam charges. Using the whole repertoire of moves it has is powerful as fuck.

My times have shrank drastically since swapping over to GS but I'm also just now having some of my first hunts where we don't get the tail. Weird.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379215

One other thing I noticed about the GS

I think they buffed they guard on it? Being able to change direction while keeping it up is cool, but the strength of it seems pretty on-par with the lance/gunlance shield. I was goofing around with it against Black Diablos and Nerg and it seemed to block Nerg's rush and Diablos eruption attacks with the same chip and stamina damage. Didn't notice my sharpness take a hit either.

Could just be I wasn't paying enough attention to it but in both cases I was expecting to at least get blown back or something but didn't.

Could be too that those hits just aren't as strong I was expecting/remember.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B

Post by D&B » #379220

Check your skills, maybe you have the one that buffs your guarding.

The problem with trying to cut tails is that you'd often have to heavily hit the tail in the sweet spot right behind the torso, or line the hit with the longitude of the tail itself. If you can Dodge well, just unsheathe charge it a bunch of times and it should come off eventually. Mounting and focusing on the tail gives it heavy damage and opens up a window for severing it after the monster topples.

I haven't tried rolling after tackle charge cancel but I can probably try it later.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
D&B

Post by D&B » #379272

I quickly want to get further in the game so I can farm better decorations because right now I'm using the glutton charm for the extra survivality it gives me.

What charms and decorations do you guys use?
Spoiler:
fuck you
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #379308

I'm boring so I use the attack charm, I should experiment more but I'm boring as balls and after spending 10 hours straight farming legiana with different people I am very grind averse. Though, the odogaron alpha/beta sets are actually incredible with the set combo(No durability degrade) especially in early high rank when you get your first blue durability weapons, plus speed sharpening means that you can sharpen and not lose dps due to it effectively taking less time than a potion chug.

Also, it depends on the monster from what I've seen, cutting tails isn't always worth it and if you play with an unenlightened(Me a few days ago) you cutting off a tail can break a monster's stun from being mounted. Really fun when the monster is low and wipes your squad. Unless it's something like a rathian then go hog wild but you generally break the tail first then so it isn't dangerous

I know it sounds petty but because of my friend talking about 4u the endgame currently feels kinda shallow, though free dlc content will eventually be added which may include G rank or something. I cant wait to get this game again on pc to play with more clowns.

Also when you can do 5 star quests do redefining the power couple for the love of god, the bandit mantle is retarded especially if you have a weapon that attacks fast. I'm a bit unreliable memory wise but off of a few runs of odogaron I did manage to get like 50k in sellable mats which nullifies the need for any money grinding if you just farm up the parts for any set/weapon you're interested in building
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #379385

How the fuck do you play GS and have fun? I tried it on my low rank hunter and it's just

>get an unsheathe attack
>monster hops away so can't hit
>spend half an hour sheathing it, run to monster, repeat above

I'm trying DB and they're fun.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #379396

DrPillzRedux wrote:How the fuck do you play GS and have fun? I tried it on my low rank hunter and it's just

>get an unsheathe attack

unironically get good
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #379407

How is the hunting horn in this game?
I liked it in the other ones but am waiting to play world until it comes out on pc.
D&B

Post by D&B » #379413

TribeOfBeavers wrote:How is the hunting horn in this game?
I liked it in the other ones but am waiting to play world until it comes out on pc.
Meh damage but if you master your combos and melodies you become a beast.

DrPillzRedux wrote:How the fuck do you play GS and have fun? I tried it on my low rank hunter and it's just

>get an unsheathe attack

Get good lmao.

It seems at first glance like "hurr smash and be done" but since is so slow it requires you to exploit weaknesses in the monster moveset even harder and also to memorize your reach. Once you do this you can do silly amounts of damage without breaking a sweat.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379460

TribeOfBeavers wrote:How is the hunting horn in this game?
Fun as hell, real MVP. I made the Nerg horn which has a melody that gives affinity up and a heal. You can encore it for Affinity Up (L). Also can play a melody that gives everyone earplugs. Absolutely ridiculous damage amplification for the whole squad when you have everyone continuing to beat the shit out of something with all them crits during roars. But even the basic horns you can start out with can give Attack/Defense up, which are unique bonuses from the horn that stack with everything else so they're always welcome.

The damage isn't as bad as you might think. It's definitely not going to be shattering any record times by itself but if you get on the face your basic swings are smacking shit around for decent damage (like on average better than SnS, CB, or LS strikes) but it doesn't have any "big" moves to capitalize on stuns and knockdowns. So you just run around doing your basic couple strikes and toot. It's fun though and in a group it's super powerful.
D&B wrote:I quickly want to get further in the game so I can farm better decorations because right now I'm using the glutton charm for the extra survivality it gives me.

What charms and decorations do you guys use?
Honestly I still use that goddamn scrub Wind Charm because having Divine Protection and Attack Up together is seriously OP. I haven't gotten any great decorations yet, I just threw together some shit from what I've found. I'm HR44 and decoration farming doesn't really go off until 50+ when you can start farming Tempered Elder Dragon investigations. I'm wearing the Dragon Eyepatch (Weakness Exploit is CLUTCH, get that) Nerg chest, gloves, and tasset, with Dober legs. It works with every weapon to just give me more crits and more damage. The Nerg set bonus is neat and works well with weapons that don't hit as much (Gunlance, GS) since you can focus on just short, fast combos (poke chains, tackle slaps) to get a heal without having to leg it. With weapons that hit a ton (DB, LS, etc.) it's not as good since you have to hit more times to get the heal. I have decorations for Fortify, Evade Inc, Evade Distance Inc, Divine Protection, Attack, Resuscitate, and Wind Pressure Negated.
Karp wrote:Also when you can do 5 star quests do redefining the power couple for the love of god, the bandit mantle is retarded especially if you have a weapon that attacks fast. I'm a bit unreliable memory wise but off of a few runs of odogaron I did manage to get like 50k in sellable mats which nullifies the need for any money grinding if you just farm up the parts for any set/weapon you're interested in building
It's neat but it doesn't help you kill shit. I run the Vitality Mantle and Health Fountain gadgets because they keep me/others alive. If you need money just sell that extra ore and bones you've accumulated but don't need, send the Argosy out for trade-items, farm Godbugs at the tree, etc. I have like 300,000z from all this crap. The bandit mantle is cool and it is funny to watch a monster explode into gold nuggets from getting its ass beat but it does nothing to help you actually kill stuff.
DrPillzRedux wrote:How the fuck do you play GS and have fun?
[youtube]4kr24G8jQpM[/youtube]

The tackle into sweep is bonkers. The sweep does more damage than a perfectly timed unsheathe charge. If you aren't trying to reach up high for a tail or clipping the wings, don't. Use this instead. The monster WILL fall down from this abuse and then you can demonstrate your ability to count to three on its face. TBH it sounds like you are doing the same thing I was doing when I first picked it up again: mistakenly thinking the weapon was all about charging everything all the time. Don't do that. Save your charges for when you KNOW they are going to hit. Overhead chop is good if you think you can only get one hit in. Chop, roll to side, then run away/sheathe again. If the monster is singling someone else out or just being a dipshit tackle sweep spam. Only when it's stuck doing something stupid, stunned, knocked over, etc. do you go for charges.

The tackle has some kind of armor/invulnerability frames on it. I have tackled into rath charges, uragaan slams, etc. and gone right through. I don't know what is going on with that but it's insane.

Alternatively if you want something FUN to do look for opportunities to wall run off mushrooms and shit, or climb some vines and press circle to dive off, then drop a mid-air level 3 charge on it. Feels real good.
(EDIT: If you didn't know. It took me a while to figure out myself. If you are fighting and you see those big shelves of mushrooms or coral on the walls you can sprint into them and your guy will wall run up them then dive outwards. Use it for mounting, air attacks, etc. FUN and FLASHY)

Question for anyone using bowguns: have you found any use for customizations besides Recoil and Reload? In fucking around I've only found a use for those two. The damage amplifiers sound nice in theory but in practice being able to shoot faster/without getting stuck in place from recoil compensators is much better, and similarly improving your reloads so you don't have to stop moving to do them helps much more IMO. Curious if that's just me or what. Being able to broadside a monster's face repeatedly with Spread 3 is BIG DAMAGE.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379461

If any of you guys want to just blaze through some crap in HR pm me here or on Steam I need to grind rank so as long as I'm killing shit it doesn't matter. I'm prettymuch allset on gear. My armor/GS combo isn't changing, from here on I'm just hunting for decorations.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B

Post by D&B » #379464

Timbrewolf wrote:If any of you guys want to just blaze through some crap in HR pm me here or on Steam I need to grind rank so as long as I'm killing shit it doesn't matter. I'm prettymuch allset on gear. My armor/GS combo isn't changing, from here on I'm just hunting for decorations.
I would but my connection is shitty as fuck.

Also the triple threat event fight is a joke.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379465

Haven't tried it yet.

I know when you fight multiple monsters it divides their HP accordingly, and with it the break threshold for parts. I'm curious now if that also affects stuff like stun/knockdown/stamina too.

Multiple monster events in the arena are hilarious because they just plow into eachother constantly. It's such a tiny space for them to throw 2-3 monsters into.

Nothing will ever compare to Dual Rajang though.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379595

Fuckin hell Dual Blades are currently so mindless to use it gave me a sensation like brain freeze taking them out on a few hunts with a second character.

Press R
Mash buttons until bar fills
Okay you can stop demon mode and go back to mashing buttons normally.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B

Post by D&B » #379622

Yeah Dual blades are easy modo in general. Hell they even do extra damage during mounts due to their spin.

I'm doing the Elder Dragon quests and Teostra seems much easier than Nergigante. I think even Diablos is harder.

My only gripe is how hard farming screaming sacs and dung is.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #379635

Right now I'm using a trickshot charm for special ammo boost until I craft the alpha xeno helm and turn my slicing ammo into the absolute champion of murdering whatever the fuck it looks at

Rathalos mail, rathalos pants, xeno 3 set

The guns do not stop firing
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #379660

>normie friends first thoughts on mh world: it looks dumb and kiddish
>8 hours in and he's at the first Zorah fight: holy fuck this is cool
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #379661

>normie friend
>implying having friends doesn't make you a normie yourself
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #379673

So when are they bringing back the water hunts and the joke weapons
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379679

Maybe kinda spoiler as to some end-game mechanics. If you want to be surprised(?) don't read this. Maybe this was in the Generations or XX and I just never got that far but:
Spoiler:
You can find augment stones that let you customize weapons or buff your armor even more. Each one is specific to either a weapon class or armor. Performing the upgrade costs the stone plus some more materials. Multiple gems and shit. Insanely expesnive. For weapons you can choose to raise the attack, affinity, defense, add more slots, or have it give health on hit. For armor it just lets you raise the max defense. The one I found works for SnS or DB, for example. What's interesting is that lower-tiered weapons have more slots for augments. Tier-8 weapons only have one, Tier-7 have two, Tier-6 have three. So it makes you take a second look at some of those other trees that don't end in a nice orange weapon. THE GRIND NEVER ENDS.
Suddenly set bonuses that help you get more rewards like Kirin and Legiana look a lot more attractive. Fuck.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B

Post by D&B » #379688

Is low damage but elderseal worth or should I stick to my high damage no elderseal weapons
Spoiler:
fuck you
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #379697

Blacksteel weapons across the board are underwhelming, only go through those trees if they branch to another

Get your best weapon class in Nergigante and then go farm up to whatever you want
UltimateGamer21
Byond Username: Catnapearwigs

Post by UltimateGamer21 » #379698

Timbrewolf wrote:Maybe kinda spoiler as to some end-game mechanics. If you want to be surprised(?) don't read this. Maybe this was in the Generations or XX and I just never got that far but:
Spoiler:
You can find augment stones that let you customize weapons or buff your armor even more. Each one is specific to either a weapon class or armor. Performing the upgrade costs the stone plus some more materials. Multiple gems and shit. Insanely expesnive. For weapons you can choose to raise the attack, affinity, defense, add more slots, or have it give health on hit. For armor it just lets you raise the max defense. The one I found works for SnS or DB, for example. What's interesting is that lower-tiered weapons have more slots for augments. Tier-8 weapons only have one, Tier-7 have two, Tier-6 have three. So it makes you take a second look at some of those other trees that don't end in a nice orange weapon. THE GRIND NEVER ENDS.
Suddenly set bonuses that help you get more rewards like Kirin and Legiana look a lot more attractive. Fuck.
This was introduced in 4U, albeit sounds like it was way more simplistic in that one. Don't think you could do it for armor either.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379833

Probably the most frustrating thing in the world is watching people who made it to high-rank but have no idea how the sleep mechanic works.

When we all are planting bombs and wyvernfires around the head of a sleeping elder dragon they'll just wander up and poke it in the toe with their autist Glave or an arrow.

I need to bind "You're a fucking idiot" to one of my communication shortcuts.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379834

Oh another pro-tip:

Give your palicoe the high-rank Baan mace. Best weapon for your buddy. It's enough to sleep just about everything once per quest, giving you room to breathe and bomb it up.

Another thing:. 'blos is currently bugged or something in HR that he only gives the low-rank twisted horns (not the majestic HR version) when you break 'em. I managed to get some by spamming investigations with silver/gold loot. But otherwise you're fucked on them good luck. Took me like a dozen or more runs to get THREE.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379851

Yeah so my greatsword hits like a karate chop from God now.
I need better decorations but this setup is otherwise insane.
Needs more critboost and some earplugs would be nice.

Running around with a base of 5% affinity from Attack, but Weakness Exploit (best skill, seriously) maxed out gives an additional 50% when hitting a weak spot.
Critical Boost just at level 1 gives 30% extra damage to crits.

I've seen true strikes as high as 700 damage against monsters that aren't even asleep.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #379877

Thanks for the baan mace tip. Going through again on another character and it knocks out 3x.

a correct post by pillz
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #379937

I got a crit boost deco and wearing rathalos/xeno gear

Too bad they fucking nerfed slicing ammo
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #379990

Some of the loot shit in the game is just fucking wacked.

I've been struggling for days to get a goddamn odogaron gem so i could finish up this MASTAHPEES

This makes DB FUN AGAIN. The Sin DB's have just a smidgen of white sharpness, but the Odo 4 set bonus gives you infinite sharpness for a while after using any kind of whetstone. With the set items and a single grinder gem you can get sharpener 3 so it's just one swipe with the stone for infinite white. Couple with Weakness Exploit, Crit Eye, and Crit Boost you have 56% affinity while striking things on a weak spot for an additional (1.25 x 1.30 = 1.625) damage multiplier. With the white sharpness modifier of 1.3, that's a whopping 2.1125 damage multiplier over base. So 44% of your smacks to the face just deal x1.3 damage for the sharpness, but the other 56% explode for x2.11.

The other really radical thing about the Sin DB's is that they don't have any kind of element (you can draw fire out of them but don't). You can get a fuckhuge attack bonus for them by slotting one of those No Element Up gems or whatever it's called. Feels like you're just pressing a buzzsaw against a monster's face. If those poor fuckers have weakspots on the legs they are going down and never getting back up.

ANYWAY THOUGH loot drops in this one are fucky. I managed to get an Odo gem in my quest rewards section after doing the dual Tempered Vaal/Odo optional 9-star quest. The quest gives you a tool, I forget with one (Apo mantle?). Anyway it was fuckin' weird since it was in the quest rewards section and not in the section for breaks/capture bonus rewards. That's a huge game-changer if they adjusted the loot tables in the game to inlcude gems and rubies as possible quest rewards. Lucky Vouchers become your lifeblood, and Legiana's set bonus becomes arguably the best thing in the whole game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #380022

Another thing I've been fucking around with is the Diablos Set.

It packs an effect like Non-Elemental Boost into its 4 set bonus, which AFAIK seems to also stack with the Non-Elemental Boost itself. Going back to an earlier discussion, there are some high-tier raw attack weapons (like Diablos' hammer, seemingly made to pair with the armor set) that have insane numbers but shitty affinity.

Unfortunately in testing the Crit Draw buff of affinity only seems to apply to the first hit out the gate, which for a hammer sucks. I was really hoping I could unsheath charge and ride that affinity boost through the whole superpound for nuts damage but it doesn't seem to be working. That's a lot of hours hunting for horns and crafting that whole set wasted fuck me. Still cool though and its got a ridiculous amount of KO power for a hammer set. Rather than putting up beastly damage numbers from guaranteed crits I think it shines more for just consistently high slaps and an incomparable ability to cause stuns.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #380159

I will be a fucking year older when this game releases on PC i am so fucking angry
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #380176

SpaceInaba wrote:I will be a fucking year older when this game releases on PC i am so fucking angry
the tru struggle
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #380606

My GS set is stunlocking elder dragons now. Shit's gone off.

The skill/armor rebalancing has really given this so much more life. It's so much easier to mix and match shit, explore different avenues for getting that damage up or doing something creative with your tools. The only sore spot is the RNG grindfest of getting good decorations. Slapping the shit out of the same monster over and over just so you can roll more Meowster decos fucking sucks. With investigations the RNG lottery for goodies like gems and rubies really isnt so bad anymore, so I guess the game needed some element of "holy shit why do you hate me so much?" still in there somewhere.

When I get bored I jump into some low rank dude's SOS call for some random urgent of theirs, dive off a ledge with a level three charge and blow their monster up into a pile of chunks then spam my premium paid DLC emotes I spent $2.99 on so I can fall down on the ground and sleep.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #380608

>open video
"Hey guys a lot of people have been asking me what my setup for High Rank dual blades is so I'm going to show it off here. I start with Divine Protection 3-"
>close video
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
UltimateGamer21
Byond Username: Catnapearwigs

Post by UltimateGamer21 » #380614

Timbrewolf wrote:>open video
"Hey guys a lot of people have been asking me what my setup for High Rank dual blades is-"
>close video
FTFY
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #381204

Stacking Peak Performance, Attack, and Weakness Exploit is the way.

If you do it with Vaal's set you can get his cool constant life regen going, which helps keep your damage up, but if you're really ballsy you can mix and match some of Bagels stuff to get Earplugs instead, and just rely on Speed Eating, the Vitality Mantle, and Health Fountain to keep your HP topped up.

The Vale and most Elder Dragons present a problem if you try that, though, since there's a lot of small and constant chip damage that you're going to suffer and ruin the whole thing. Wearing Vaal's set there causes you to get spammed with a hilarious amount of pop-ups that your Peak Performance is flicking on and off every few seconds. Could fuck you over if you happen to connect right as your DOT hits but oh well.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B

Post by D&B » #381251

>Blindly accept investigation to hunt Val Hazaak
>Fighting
>Ten minutes left

I'm not even near the point where I can kill it in that time what the FUCK
Spoiler:
fuck you
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #381334

TBH the 15 minute investigations for Elder Dragons are always super fucking stressful.

I've got a tempered Vaal that is loaded with loot but that's because it's two carts and 15 minute timer. Fucking wild. Sweating bullets Everytime but we get there.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #381684

I'm so sick of fighting Vaal but I need one more goddamn fang for this Greatsword then I'm never coming back to this dump.

It's such an easy fight unless you're trying to actively smash his face. Playing with other hunters people just poke him in the sides and brutalize him way too quickly before I can get his face broken.
Even with how easy it is people are often dying because they either refuse to compromise their perfectly crafted set to just cram Miasma gems in or they are just retarded and don't even know you're supposed to.

Once I get this goddamn fang I'm going back to farming Nerg for decorations instead fuck this noise.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B

Post by D&B » #381685

Seriously considering making a high end hammer just to smash his fucking head it drives me up the fucking wall.

First fight I kept hitting it and it never fucking broke FUCK
Spoiler:
fuck you
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #381734

I've got some good investigations if you want to team up tonight and get them fangs. Let me know.

I did get one SOS call for Vaal last night where two HH users showed up and it was a fucking amazing beatdown. One was using Teo's harp, I think the other might have had Nerg's horn but I can't be sure.

We stomped Call out faster than I've ever seen with all those overlapping buffs and shit. It was amazing and makes me want to play more HH.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #382136

Charge blades confirmed fucking bonkers too. I was using them wrong.

Seems like the fastest clear times people are currently getting are using GS, CB, and HBG. There's a run where a guy does insanely well with Bow but it relies a lot on RNG AI patterns and abusing parts of the environment so I don't think it really counts. More like an exploit that only works in that specific situation, repeatedly using a wall run attack on a monster that is downed in just the right spot to take advantage of it.

I noticed that Charge Blade uses the exact same skills as a Gunlance would want (artillery, capacity, guard, etc.) so I gave it another shot and holy TITS does that thing bring the hurt when you actually know what combos to use, how the goddamn thing actually functions, etc.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #382374

tfw get incredibly lucky and get the death stench set as my 2nd high rank set.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #382916

DrPillzRedux wrote:tfw get incredibly lucky and get the death stench set as my 2nd high rank set.
The Beta Leggies are pretty good. Handicraft is great with Vaal's weapons to bring them up to white sharpness.

Unfortunately there aren't many other weapons that really benefit from Handicraft currently.
Xeno's weapons have white sharpness on them by default but only a sliver of it, so it helps out there too.

AFAIK those are the only two weapon trees that can actually hit white sharpness so far. :/
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #382985

I really want Vaal's LBG but fuck trying to break his head all day.

a correct post by pillz
D&B

Post by D&B » #383056

Really fucks me up how only the deluxe armor sets are visual only.

I'd gladly pay 20$ if we could use any armor as visual only if we craft all the pieces for it. Anjanath armor set looks a lot like Goblin Slayer and it fucks me up it isn't that good to wear for regular hunts.
Spoiler:
fuck you
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #383058

I only use the origin armor

how long till people start soloing monsters with the 2 dmg capture net?
D&B

Post by D&B » #383060

TheWiznard wrote:I only use the origin armor

how long till people start soloing monsters with the 2 dmg capture net?
Wait until the PC release
Spoiler:
fuck you
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #383111

DrPillzRedux wrote:I really want Vaal's LBG but fuck trying to break his head all day.
It's worth it if you want a gun for spamming Pierce 3 and Slicing with. They say they nerfed Slicing shot but I'm not so sure about that. I'm still doing like at or around 100 damage per shot with Gulgoleth's Wail.

Not like I wanted them to nerf it in the first place.

I've found that the break values for parts get really stupid when playing multiplayer, especially on Elder Dragons. If you want those fangs try fighting him solo instead.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: