Vermintide 2 - Grail Knight new class

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Vermintide 2 - IT'S OUT

Post by Timbrewolf » #389035

Bottom post of the previous page:

Like I'm in fucking love with Zealot mode Saltzy for the risk/reward gameplay of purposely soaking up injuries to get a massive attack/crit boost.

I'm afraid it's only a matter of time until people point out how the Grimoires can basically turn that shit on for you all the time and how that's not fair etc. etc. and they fuck that whole notion of play up.

1) Pick Falchion
2) Pick Zealot
3) Spend all your talents down the middle
4) Praise Sigmar
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #389040

Rapier is better than the falchion. Zealot also got fucked by the cooldown reduction weapon trait going from 5% t9 2%.

You also lose your damage buff when you have grims because it counts you as being at high health since your cap is lower. Temp health also counts as actual health.

You also can't soak injuries on legend mode because everything but trash mobs take 50% of your non grim health. Trash mobs take about 1/5 if they aren't backstabs.

Fun for lower modes though.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #389048

DrPillzRedux wrote:Rapier is better than the falchion. Zealot also got fucked by the cooldown reduction weapon trait going from 5% t9 2%.
For any of his other classes I would agree but the wide sweeping slashes landing more hits in a shorter period of time seems to work better for Zealot. Rapier doesn't CC as well and the pistol does fuckall nothing for you. The falchion lets me plow through more shit faster, hacking down the big boys, stormvermin and chaos warriors. I think he might even make the Axe or 2hander more worthwhile.
DrPillzRedux wrote:You also lose your damage buff when you have grims because it counts you as being at high health since your cap is lower. Temp health also counts as actual health.
Not how I've seen it work. I was stacking my buffs up on two grim runs just fine.
DrPillzRedux wrote:You also can't soak injuries on legend mode because everything but trash mobs take 50% of your non grim health. Trash mobs take about 1/5 if they aren't backstabs..
Take Flaggelant(sp?). It's ridiculous. Either reduces a hit to doing 15 damage or half damage, whichever is higher. Turns a lot of things into just 1/10th of your health and cuts bigger slams in half. I'm still only playing on Veteran/Recruit but having 50% damage reduction all the time seems really good? If that doesn't work out I think his stack ability that gives you more block radius coupled with a 2hander and spamming stamina increases should let you just not-give-many-fucks after a point.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #389054

Rapier is superior for CC. Unlimited hits and combined with being a sweeping weapon, you aim it at head level for decaps and stuns. It's also combined with +40% attack speed so it stunlocks the frontline of hordes.

You have to understand that I'm referring to max difficulty, which is an entirely different game from all the other modes. Recruit and veteran are NOTHING close to legend mode in how you play and how everything plays out, at all. Even champ is easy in comparison.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #389103

Yeah I'll have to check it out.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #389435

Finally found the song in the files that plays when there's one person left.

[youtube]CiKiUb5sMK8[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #389487

Why there's 3 flavors of Bright Mage?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #389827

Battle wizard sucks pretty much.

Pyromancer is the best class for her right now. Instant special delete power with low cooldown. Her increased crit rate also lets a beam staff get you to maxed out temp health in seconds.

Unchained is bad in comparison to Pyromancer because her melee weapons aren't that good and the power boost isn't worth it.

a correct post by pillz
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #389896

One of my friends has been maining Unchained.

The benefit to Unchained is that you can use blocking to dump heat, and then use close ranged staves like Beam's alt fire shotgun blast to just wreck people endlessly. He then uses a mace with stamina boosting to just CC everyone forever while the team effortlessly mops up.

Battle Wizard is sorta similar but for longer ranged support staves. Also probably not as good, but having seen a good unchained I get the appeal: The Wizard is way better supporting the team rather than trying to play DPS.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #389940

But I asked why there's 3 Bright Wizards, if there's like what, eight magical schools in the Empire?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #389960

Because they are all subclasses of the same person?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #390008

But Ranger and Ironbreaker and Slayer are not subclasses.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #390027

Yes they are? They are all variations of bein a dorf. Similarily all three of Sienna's subclasses are subtypes of being a bright mage. I assume they wanted to make it lore friendly and it is not possible for human wizards in warhammer fantasy to specialize in more than one of the eight winds. I agree that they are kind of bland and I always hated the stupid wizard since the first game but here we are
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #390042

But...fuck it...
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #390080

Sorry I sometimes forget not everyone is an obessive lore autist like myself. For all the other characters the subclasses are basically jobs or roles any of the characters could feasibly have obtained between the first two games, and I'm pretty sure there are blurbs written up about each of them.

Magic in warhammer fantasy is based on the winds of magic, and unlike elven sorcerers humans can only ever achieve expertise in a single narrow field in thier lifetime. It becomes a part of them and colors the way they experience everything. In an attempt to keep with the lore they basically had to give Sienna three flavors of pyromancer
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #390094

We could pretend she was scared of fire and became Amber Wizard instead.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #390097

The lore of the classes is that each is a potential reaction to the events of last game. For example Markus can either stay a mercenary, be recruited as a knight for valor in combat, or get ptsd and try to recover in the wilderness he grew up in as a huntsman.

So because she already was a fire wizard she couldnt become Amber despite it being the best wind of magic. Instead its about if she goes back to the college to become a focused collected battle wizard, remains an illegal mage but mostly in control of her rage and has stronger spells but less control as a result, or if she totally succumbs to casting addiction causing her magic to flux about wildly in ways that are beneficial but risky.
Last edited by dezzmont on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #390099

is this game worth full price or should i zzzzzzzzz until sale
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #390105

lmao @ everyone mad because the gold college was the bestest and the boss before the times ended.

I think so Inaba, its fun as hell and only 30 bux
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #390108

I'll probably pick it up then because I am waning interest in ffxiv atm
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #390192

Game has sold over 500k copies.

Also still no red weapon for me, only 2 trinkets. Sucks because they all glow like this.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Last edited by DrPillzRedux on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #390345

Here's some legend mode bullshit.

[youtube]Sn3sAER_MeI[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #390650

I see a lot of people talking about using Bounty Hunter with his 8 shot spinny gun but I think the volley crossbow works out better for him. The DPS when you just ADS and fire as fast as you can is better for melting bosses before they can beat the shit out of everyone you're with, and it's also much faster than trying to spin up the gun and fire all 8 rounds at once.

Unfortunately for whatever reason getting his auto-crit ranged attacks don't trigger health on crit for his level 20 ability, which seems stupid to me.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #390655

OH FUCK I THOUGHT AXE AND SHIELD WAS GONE FROM THE GAME BUT ITS STILL IN HERE

WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS LADS
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #390682

Yeah I just an orange one with a really nice looking skin on it, its an illusion too
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #390931

Dwarven blender is also fun as hell. I upgraded a pair of axes and got a trait that makes crits increase my attack speed. Not quite on the level of Bounty Hunter making bosses melt with that crossbow but it's breddy gud.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #394920

Really been enjoying this game. Mainly been playing the handmaiden with pole weapons, I just really like having a long reach and high movement.
I'd LIKE to play more of a ranged character, but the fairly limited ammo kinda makes it not really a thing, unless your a pyro. But then the lvl 1 pyro is kinda trash, her ability just isnt that useful. I'm trying to get her up to the next step though.

It kinda seems like that with a lot of them though, the level one characters are kinda rubbish. I get the idea of progression but I feel like some of them are really hard to want to play to get up to being enjoyable. Particularly the dwarf.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #394953

>pyro
>trash

She's top tier meta right now due to beam staff being godly and her special deleting pretty much any special enemy, while also completely venting her overheat at lv25, and having a fast cooldown.

Current meta is

>Pyro w/beamstaff
>Bounty w/repeater xbow and falchion
>Huntsman w/longbow
>Ironbreaker with drake pistols

BH gets a guaranteed ranged crit every 8 seconds or on a melee kill. So RMB repeater xbow for 3 crit arrows, kill an enemy with the falchion, RMB for 3 shot crit, repeat. Insane damage. His special also instakills Chaos Warrior's up close.

Huntsman's longbow instakills all specials and elites on Legend, and 3 shots chaos warriors when hit on the head. He also still does insane boss damage when combined with his power and a potion.

Ironbreaker handles the horde. Drake pistols are actually much better for hordes than the flamer.

However the devs are fucking shit at coding and their "fix" will remove about 40% of damage from those in champion and legend.

a correct post by pillz
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #394955

DrPillzRedux wrote:>pyro
>trash
I said early level pyro is trash, firewalk isn't that useful and it doesnt come up often enough to escape. Self vent has too long tick before it activates and it doesnt actually vent that fast. Plus at the start you simply dont have the beam staff. So yeah, annoying.

I'll still fight for the handmaiden being a good pick for the meta. She has a massive block radius with the spear, a lot of stam and recover and having an uninterrupted pick up plus her charge you can quickly get to teammates during hordes or specials pinning them. Or I dunno, maybe I just like elf ladies :3
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #394960

Pyro doesn't have firewalk though, you're thinking of Battle Wizard.

a correct post by pillz
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #394967

OH I'm making the bad assumption that pyromancer was the overriding name for the flamey class. My mistake!
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #396169

So yeah the patch that's in beta right now makes Legend disgustingly unfun. Two handed swords get stuck after hitting two trash mobs. Melee feels like shit overall.

Hopefully they don't merge this because I wanna keep playing.

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #396822

[youtube]Cj2J6DWPSqk[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #397458

[youtube]j10FQbWiv40[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #414032

Got the Ironbreaker's cosmetic helm out of a Veteran difficulty chest the other night.

Neat.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #414286

Big update with a bunch of new cosmetics, dailies, challenges, and other stuff dropped.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #414402

>okri's challenges

We all know Bardin has just been up all night making that shit up
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #414435

You get the highest-tier loot crates from doing them. Praise Sigmar.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #414523

What the shit is this
>Game now demands intrusive anti-cheat

Fuck that. Unless I find a way around that soon I will never buy anything from this dev again. Call me dramatic if you want, but that shit's going into the book of grudges

Edit: And some small checking later, apparently it also strongly negatively impacts game performance...Because it conflicts with VAC and the two anti-cheats start fighting about it. Apparently incompetence is normal now
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #414795

It's had EAC since a week before the beta ended.

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #414887

Apparently not, because I never used that and things worked fine. And when I tried recently it gave an error and now the thing refuses to start unless I let it sit there for a good 10 minutes
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #415003

It has always had EAC. They activated it in beta 3 at the end of February and implemented it fully in 1.0.4.

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #415127

That's nice and all, but as far as I know two things are facts

1. When I played a long time ago it worked fine
2. Now it does not

It's not up to me to fix it when my setup hasn't changed, that's up to them to fix
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #415406

XSI wrote:That's nice and all, but as far as I know two things are facts

1. When I played a long time ago it worked fine
2. Now it does not

It's not up to me to fix it when my setup hasn't changed, that's up to them to fix
You said it never had EAC, I was letting you know it has always had EAC, not that it didn't cause issues.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #415413

We should all play together.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #415463

I'd only be able to from 12-5 AM PST on weekdays, depending on normie friends.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #415500

DrPillzRedux wrote:I'd only be able to from 12-5 AM PST on weekdays, depending on normie friends.
The fuck? 12am to 5am?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #415508

Some of us are employed, NYC man.

I can do whenever I'm on on weekends.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #415528

You play games until 5am while I get up at 5am to go to my real adult job.

We'll have to do something on the weekend, you're only available from 3am to 8am my time.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #415551

while you sleep like a baby I am purging heretics on legend

I' 9/13 done on witch hunter and completely done on footknight. Takes so long with pubbies.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #415616

The only quest cosmetics that I've seen appealing so far are for Hunstman.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: