fortnite br: like pubg except you can play minecraft

Talk about video games here
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

fortnite br: like pubg except you can play minecraft

Post by Qbopper » #379314

fortnite pve is some dumb early access game that costs like $40 and will be f2p and nobody cares

fortnite battle royale is probably the most fun battle royale game out there, and they're in the middle of public tests for the new shooting mechanics (the current system has some rng spread on all guns but snipers which is not fun for long range) - they ripped the mechanics from the pve game of taking materials from the environment and using them to build your own fortifications

you can't plop down a fuckhuge metal castle and idle because it has a zone mechanic ala pubg, but they put some real thought into how the building works - placing a new "tile" will cause it to build up from 1hp, so if you're under fire, spamming walls likely won't save you, but if you have time to prepare you can set up a good position to shoot people from. you can also edit placed pieces to adjust them, eg. make a window or door in a wall you placed, or change a ramp into a much smaller staircase. there's also (as of right now) two extra items you can find and place - a campfire that gives good aoe heals for a small amount of time, and a trap that can instantly down you if you don't have any shields

you can gather materials by destroying objects or pre existing buildings, or by finding them as loot/picking them up from the people you murder. you can destroy basically anything that isn't terrain - it works on a grid system for buildings, so it isn't quite the level of r6s, but the simple destructibility works really well for the game imo - you don't have some dude meleeing a pixel wide hole in the wall and doming you

shooting mechanics aren't ideal at the moment and there's no first person, but it's not as relevant as it would be in pubg because games are much quicker and less frustrating - you have an extreme amount of control when you jump out of the plane battle bus and the map is comparatively smaller meaning that even the most boring games of running across the map are easily a quarter of the time it takes a pubg match to last. take my word on this, I striahgt up refused to buy pubg after playing it with third person until they added first person only, so if you're a stickler for that there's not that many cases where it's too relevant - in many cases, the age old tactic of "hide behind something, peek over, and then snipe someone who can't see you" doesn't really work because it's VERY obvious when someone has built something, because the player made building pieces stick out like a sore thumb

other shit: you start with 100 hp and there's the usual pung shit of bandages that only get you to 75hp (but they heal instantly after the use timer in fortnite), a medkit that is a full heal - but instead of armor you get shields by drinking shield potions, so you have small shield pots that give 25 shield and cap at 50, a normal shield potion that gives you 50 shield, and a "chug jug" that takes 15s(?) to use but gives full hp and shield + (some other meme item that gives you hp and shield regen I think)

also unlike pubg since this game is made by the people who make the unreal engine the game actually functions and runs like a dream which is super nice, plus it has ps4/pc crossplay if you convince your ps4 friend to mess around for a minute or two with the pc account system
Last edited by Qbopper on Wed May 02, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Limey wrote:its too late.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: fortnite br: like pubg except fun and actually functional

Post by BeeSting12 » #379325

I played this a lot on Xbox one with a couple friends back in October-November. We stopped playing for a while due to exams and after Christmas we went with PUBG for a while but now we're back to Fortnite which says something about how good it is. I actually like pubg despite its flaws but fortnite is definitely an overall smoother experience. Two days ago I got 2nd on squads with two other guys (one died roundstart though). Somehow the other team had two fuckign rocket launchers.

The one thing that irritated me when I first started was how shit the ARs were but I think they buffed them since I'm not getting issues now
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #379331

BeeSting12 wrote:I played this a lot on Xbox one with a couple friends back in October-November. We stopped playing for a while due to exams and after Christmas we went with PUBG for a while but now we're back to Fortnite which says something about how good it is. I actually like pubg despite its flaws but fortnite is definitely an overall smoother experience. Two days ago I got 2nd on squads with two other guys (one died roundstart though). Somehow the other team had two fuckign rocket launchers.

The one thing that irritated me when I first started was how shit the ARs were but I think they buffed them since I'm not getting issues now
yeah fortnite has been receiving a lot more patches than pubg and they make active attempts to fix the balance

ARs have been buffed, scoped AR is shit rn but on the shooting rework test mode they made it have no falloff + 100% accurate (initially) when scoped so if that gets added to the main game it'll be actually really good
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #379349

tower.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #379373

Armhulen wrote:tower.
i will ban you from discord if you ever post again
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #379378

My favorite part is when you're shooting at some faggot and he drops a dozen brick walls instantly between you and him and you can't do fuck about it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #379397

Saegrimr wrote:My favorite part is when you're shooting at some faggot and he drops a dozen brick walls instantly between you and him and you can't do fuck about it.
shooting the walls the moment they go down is enough to blow them up right away though
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #379403

Saegrimr wrote:My favorite part is when you're shooting at some faggot and he drops a dozen brick walls instantly between you and him and you can't do fuck about it.
this but a tower.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #379404

Oh hey, it is f2p. I guess I actually have to mess with this now. Fuck.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #379432

Armhulen wrote:
this but a tower.
arm i fucking despise you go play shitty card games
cedarbridge wrote:Oh hey, it is f2p. I guess I actually have to mess with this now. Fuck.
yeah it's a very good game for the price of $0

it's honestly shameful that pubg is like, what, $30, and yet fortnite is updating much more frequently and works so much better
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #379455

pubg is actually better though
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #380371

Finally got a top 4 but I can't get consistent results. Part of this is the game loving to tax the shit out of my CPU while refusing to use my GPU resources. This seems to be an issue my machine has yet to resolve for itself though. The bigger issue ends up being that because the game taxes my CPU super hard it also results in every time I see a player appear within a certain range of my camera my fps drops to zero for about 30 frames. If this was the same 30 frames a guy I was stalking jumps me with a shotgun it means I get to go from stalking hunter to loot pinata instantly.

I've heard this is an issue on all types of hardware though and it doesn't seem to have changed with my graphics settings so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #380375

cedarbridge wrote:Finally got a top 4 but I can't get consistent results. Part of this is the game loving to tax the shit out of my CPU while refusing to use my GPU resources. This seems to be an issue my machine has yet to resolve for itself though. The bigger issue ends up being that because the game taxes my CPU super hard it also results in every time I see a player appear within a certain range of my camera my fps drops to zero for about 30 frames. If this was the same 30 frames a guy I was stalking jumps me with a shotgun it means I get to go from stalking hunter to loot pinata instantly.

I've heard this is an issue on all types of hardware though and it doesn't seem to have changed with my graphics settings so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i've never heard of this issue other than with you which is really strange
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #380383

Qbopper wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:Finally got a top 4 but I can't get consistent results. Part of this is the game loving to tax the shit out of my CPU while refusing to use my GPU resources. This seems to be an issue my machine has yet to resolve for itself though. The bigger issue ends up being that because the game taxes my CPU super hard it also results in every time I see a player appear within a certain range of my camera my fps drops to zero for about 30 frames. If this was the same 30 frames a guy I was stalking jumps me with a shotgun it means I get to go from stalking hunter to loot pinata instantly.

i've never heard of this issue other than with you which is really strange
It pops up on the official forums around the time the Christmas update happened. I'd presume that sort of thing would have been looked at and patched by now. Its entirely possible its just my old goat of a machine.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #383651

soz the game worth getting? I was curiosu about it since I first saw it

or should I wait for a full release
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #383692

The Clowns Pocket wrote:soz the game worth getting? I was curiosu about it since I first saw it

or should I wait for a full release
Its great so far. I've been having issues technically (my FPS starts to flicker really badly when there are other players within a certain draw distance of me) and I've never been a super amazing shooter player but the mechanics and gameplay are neat and it does a lot of things right that other BR games don't. Building is such an important feature that I've never had a round that felt like "Oh, so its H1Z1 again"
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #383707

battle royale isn't in early access don't buy fortnite because it's for a meme mode nobody plays or cares about

also pubg is more functional than previously thought as of right now so i have edited the title
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #383709

Qbopper wrote:battle royale isn't in early access don't buy fortnite because it's for a meme mode nobody plays or cares about

also pubg is more functional than previously thought as of right now so i have edited the title
Which is the meme mode, the pubg knockoff or the PvE mode? Because I'm more interested in PVE myself
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #383775

The Clowns Pocket wrote:
Qbopper wrote:battle royale isn't in early access don't buy fortnite because it's for a meme mode nobody plays or cares about

Which is the meme mode, the pubg knockoff or the PvE mode? Because I'm more interested in PVE myself
The PVE is the meme mode. The actual BR is solid and plays almost nothing like pubg.

Also, calling anything a "pubg knockoff" is top wew
Qbopper

Re: fortnite br: like pubg except it will always run smoother and it's also fun

Post by Qbopper » #383932

the new season dropped and if you buy the battlepass (gives you extra rewards for progression that are exclusive to it) you can unlock john wick as the final unlock + his pickaxe has a pencil on the end

there's also some new excellent meme dancing emotes

they knocked it out of the park on this one god fucking damn dude
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #383933

also to clarify because people keep asking me, no base building is not as relevant as you think it is

in the late game near the end people will inevitably hunker down but the zone is the same as pubg so unless you get absurdly lucky (read: statistically insignificant chances) you can't immediately start building a massive fort and hide there for the entire match
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #383937

Qbopper wrote:also to clarify because people keep asking me, no base building is not as relevant as you think it is

in the late game near the end people will inevitably hunker down but the zone is the same as pubg so unless you get absurdly lucky (read: statistically insignificant chances) you can't immediately start building a massive fort and hide there for the entire match
More accurately, base building is super important but its not meant to be a static defense. You build a shelter or use ramps/flats for mobility and ease of access (its faster to scale ramps to a 3rd floor or up a hill than run through the insides of a building) or you slap down a T O W E R to get better shot angles on opponents and spot them as the area constricts. The building mechanics tend to favor mobility over just building a pillow fort.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #383960

cedarbridge wrote:
Qbopper wrote:also to clarify because people keep asking me, no base building is not as relevant as you think it is

More accurately, base building is super important but its not meant to be a static defense. You build a shelter or use ramps/flats for mobility and ease of access (its faster to scale ramps to a 3rd floor or up a hill than run through the insides of a building) or you slap down a T O W E R to get better shot angles on opponents and spot them as the area constricts. The building mechanics tend to favor mobility over just building a pillow fort.
exactly

getting height on someone via buildings is very useful
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #384199

i don't know who added the dab emote but i have won 3 games now* where i dabbed on the dude and it will never not make me laugh thank you epic games
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #405655

Season 4 is out.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #405702

Man it sure is great when a guy drops 10 miles of walls whenever he gets shot it essentially making him unkillable at long range
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #405708

Get in close faggot.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #405953

Qbmax32 wrote:Man it sure is great when a guy drops 10 miles of walls whenever he gets shot it essentially making him unkillable at long range
walls have very little hp when placed so if you're already firing at them you can just break the wall and he'll have to focus on replacing the wall

-if they're doing the ramp + wall trick at long range either try and clip the edge of the ramp or brute force shoot it down
-if they're up close spamming walls that's time they could be spending trying to shoot you/get a better position so just do that, ramps above are very useful
-if they're up close and they build a ramp above you shoot it out from under them, 100% of the time it disorients them because they aren't used to anyone doing anything but "oh fuck hes above me guess ill die"
-if they do the streamer trick of 4 walls + ramp and they stack upwards hide underneath their shitty tower and destroy all the supports so they fall down

i usually play duos where it's a lot easier to keep up continuous fire on someone spamming buildings, it's admittedly harder to deal with on solo

long range fights are really reliant on the new first shot accuracy they added + smart positioning because the most reliable way to kill people is usually going to be to close the gap

cqc right now is unfortunately heavily reliant on shotguns and whoever lands the first shot - if you can consistently land headshots at close range the pump is a good choice, but i prefer the tac (pellet rng sucks so tac has a much higher rate of fire)

also i get the feeling you're talking about using some shitty uncommon AR to try and hit someone at long range - this isn't a game where that will work very well, if shooting them at long range so they get a chance to put down a wall doesn't work try not doing that

i know you just hate the game and don't actually care to play it or whatever but i hear these complaints from people who play a lot and it hurts my brain