Starmancer

Talk about video games here
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Starmancer

Post by JStheguy » #382262

So yeah, some guys are making a crowd-funded sci-fi space survival colony sim with a retro look.
I don't even care that all of those things sound like this is going to end up being worse than sliced plauge, because it is fucking gorgeous.
Here's a link to the screenshots page of their website: https://www.playstarmancer.com/media
They've also got a glorified digital lego set available on their Kickstarter page as a free public demo: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... starmancer
Now let's all gawk at the glorious pseudo-32 bit texturework discuss how we think the game might turn out and show off our massive steel spess dongs stations.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Starmancer

Post by Anonmare » #382263

tbh I plan on recreating Paranoia and as many of the "levels" of crew as possible: The black uniformed plebians and the white-uniformed elites, red "troubleshooters" and so on.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #382267

This is looking pretty good. I hope it succeeds and doesn't collapse in the Steam early-access void.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
UltimateGamer21
Byond Username: Catnapearwigs

Post by UltimateGamer21 » #382272

There is a very small chance this game is ever released.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #382357

ill believe it when i see it
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #382432

Okay, where's the windows and how do I rotate shit?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #382540

DemonFiren wrote:Okay, where's the windows and how do I rotate shit?
Windows are just a wall paint and rotating is done with middle mouse.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #382544

Yeah, I figured that out.
Seems you can't save this shit and half the fun stuff is missing, but at least heaters make decent consoles and I tried to build a spessship.

Then suddenly a guy spawned and died right away.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #382593

DemonFiren wrote:Yeah, I figured that out.
Seems you can't save this shit and half the fun stuff is missing, but at least heaters make decent consoles and I tried to build a spessship.

Then suddenly a guy spawned and died right away.
Yeah, it's pretty goddamn lame that you can't save your work, but at least you can build pretty looking autism forts:
Still wish you could save the damn things, hopefully they'll add that in for the colonist demo they promised in the instructions.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #382594

Wire that shit up, man.

Also, how'd you get the orange floors? I couldn't seem to find anything like that.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #382626

At least its pretty?
JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #382659

DemonFiren wrote:Wire that shit up, man.

Also, how'd you get the orange floors? I couldn't seem to find anything like that.
It's the dark mesh floor, both of the mesh floors can have their color be changed with I think left shift, like a lot of furniture and wall textures.
Also I did wire that shit up, if it wasn't the farming area and the pop-up turrets would be going WAAAH I NEED ELECTRICITY WAAAAAAAH
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #382664

Sounds like the Spacebase scam.
Is this one actually released as full game?
If not, I'll assume it to be a scam until proven otherwise
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #382673

Is this doom and gloom coming from anywhere other than healthy scepticism of kickstarter funded games and ea in general?

Is there actual evidence of them being scammers?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #382707

Incomptinence wrote:Is this doom and gloom coming from anywhere other than healthy scepticism of kickstarter funded games and ea in general?

Is there actual evidence of them being scammers?
It sounds more like the close proximity to one of 90 SS13 remakes that have all gone dark over the last so many years. If your game even whiffs of SS13 people will presume you're scamming until proven otherwise.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #382715

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a dev to deliver a game before you praise them
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #383070

Mainly just being sceptical

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #389095

Gimme an update.
The graphics are fucking GORGEOUS, I love it.
Game itself sounds cool too but holy shit I love the art style, I wish I could do that.
I play Boris Pepper.
JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #389120

They released another demo, this one's got colonists in it but they explode after a couple of in game days.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #389143

So they've already emulated SS13 perfectly.
Debug and ship it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #389159

what's up with the flora there, those are stardew valley sprites
Limey wrote:its too late.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #389164

Qbopper wrote:what's up with the flora there, those are stardew valley sprites
That’s why they seemed familiar. :newcop:
I play Boris Pepper.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #389318

Chucklefish is going to be their publisher

Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #389324

Togopal wrote:Chucklefish is going to be their publisher
they haven't had the grace to finish their game and they want to publish a videogame already
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #389326

well, that's how chucklefish works, kraso

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #389349

Kraso wrote:
Togopal wrote:Chucklefish is going to be their publisher
they haven't had the grace to finish their game and they want to publish a videogame already
They already published a game, Stardew Valley.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #389352

And risk of rain.

technically a better publisher than developer at this point.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #389433

i think everyone's misinterpreting kraso insofar as that he probably meant "the starmancer devs aren't even finished and they wanna find a publisher already"
i was just making a joke because screw chucklefuck

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #391754

chucklefish goes back to their roots, releasing unfinished games
Spoiler:
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #391756

we've thought up a concept for our next game.
time to put it in early access.
I play Boris Pepper.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #391768

Neat.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #391782

Bluespace wrote:we've thought up a concept for our next game.
time to put it in early access.
DEVOLVER
DIGITAL
EARLIEST
ACCESS
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #393823

Oh, Chucklefish is publishing? nevermind, abandon this ship before it hits the seafloor
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #393922

They published stardew valley and that came out decently.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #393941

Xhuis wrote:Oh, Chucklefish is publishing? nevermind, abandon this ship before it hits the seafloor
They're perfectly fine publishers. Developers, ehhhhh
aradsten
Byond Username: Aradsten

Post by aradsten » #423572

Ss14 confirmed?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #423633

>Chucklefuck involved

HHHHEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWHEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #423781

Timbrewolf wrote:>Chucklefuck involved

HHHHEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWHEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Don't worry, they're just publishing, so the game should only be missing one or two major promised features at launch as opposed to literally every promised feature, major or minor.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #423802

What did chuckle fuck do?
They didn't make space station df9 I hope
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #423803

Malkevin wrote:What did chuckle fuck do?
They didn't make space station df9 I hope
The massive disaster that Starbound was. Luckily for as incompetent as they are at developing, they're okay at publishing. Stardew Valley and Risk of Rain are great, Wanderlust is okay I guess. Bunch of other things they push that i've not even heard of so I have no idea what the quality is like.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #424486

I'll wait till it's on steam or whatever. I don't like buying games that haven't been released.