Deep Rock Galactic: Sci-Fi Dorf L4D

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Deep Rock Galactic: Sci-Fi Dorf L4D

Post by Timbrewolf » #550300

Bottom post of the previous page:

I have an overclock on my cryo that makes the freezing potential shit but the ice shards it spews out do way more damage.

It's basically a fuckin minigun now and I love it.

Elephant rounds for the Gunner's revoled is goat.
Shotgun jumping on the Scouts double-barrel is goat.
Dont use the fucking garand at all tho its a trap you idiot stick with the assault rifle its absurdly good.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #550301

The garand is great but only for specific circumstances, and the rest of the team often has those covered already
So then you have a gun that does what everyone else is already doing, but everyone else seems to do it faster because they don't need to use the focus stuff. The range is nice in a few places though
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #550304

Timbrewolf wrote:I have an overclock on my cryo that makes the freezing potential shit but the ice shards it spews out do way more damage.

Dont use the fucking garand at all tho its a trap you idiot stick with the assault rifle its absurdly good.
XSI wrote:The garand is great but only for specific circumstances, and the rest of the team often has those covered already
So then you have a gun that does what everyone else is already doing, but everyone else seems to do it faster because they don't need to use the focus stuff. The range is nice in a few places though
The garand melts if you do focus shot dmg tho and I use the shock on focus shot overlock to stunlock all the big bads.
Do love shotgun jumping tho really fun air strafing onto ziplines
My go to smg build rn is the the move speed on kill and the oc that every bullet you fired after you reload shocks enemies so I spray into a horde reload then they all are slowed DOT they die I start moving faster spray more reload repeat. while my team does obj I run around in circles with the horde
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #550309

TheWiznard wrote:
Timbrewolf wrote:I have an overclock on my cryo that makes the freezing potential shit but the ice shards it spews out do way more damage.

XSI wrote:The garand is great but only for specific circumstances, and the rest of the team often has those covered already
The garand melts if you do focus shot dmg tho and I use the shock on focus shot overlock to stunlock all the big bads.
Do love shotgun jumping tho really fun air strafing onto ziplines
My go to smg build rn is the the move speed on kill and the oc that every bullet you fired after you reload shocks enemies so I spray into a horde reload then they all are slowed DOT they die I start moving faster spray more reload repeat. while my team does obj I run around in circles with the horde
Garand has no crowd potential forcing you to take SMG's or just be a burden on your team that cant do shit about waves.

The big bug that the garand melts dies just the same to concentrated assault rifle fire when you let it get closer while not depriving you of your ability to spray down waves.

Surviving on difficulty 5+ is about sustained fire and defensive choices. The garand is FUN and feels cool to use for sure but ultimately its sub-optimal and especially bad on higher difficulties
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #550318

but... nothing the scout has has crowd control potential? That's his weakness? This is a game with multiple classes? It's definitely on purpose that none of the scout's grenades do direct damage.
If you want CC on scout get berserker and the upgraded radius on the pickaxe power attack.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #550347

the machine pistols are pretty good

also you can mix the garand and shotgun and just zone with grapple hook, reload boomstick, BANG BANG, repeat

i like popping weakpoints with the m1000 personally

the assault rifle is underrated tho
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #550479

confused rock wrote:but... nothing the scout has has crowd control potential? That's his weakness? This is a game with multiple classes? It's definitely on purpose that none of the scout's grenades do direct damage.
If you want CC on scout get berserker and the upgraded radius on the pickaxe power attack.
Big Yikes

Have you forgotten the AR and SMG's exist?

I need to do some runs with the Garand on the hip-firing battle rifle build to see if it cant be some kind of solid intermediate.

But yeah I dont think I've ever seen a scout at silver+ using the garand anymore. I'm sure someone out there does but I've yet to see one in game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #550480

the smgs are based
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #550489

if you're using the AR for crowd cleaning, you're gonna run out of ammo stupid fast. will agree that it's probably better than the garand though, even though the garand is way more satisfying and situationally better

also, only fools don't take the scout shottie, that thing is incredibly based while the SMGs are a smoking turd
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #550510

deedubya wrote:if you're using the AR for crowd cleaning, you're gonna run out of ammo stupid fast. will agree that it's probably better than the garand though, even though the garand is way more satisfying and situationally better

also, only fools don't take the scout shottie, that thing is incredibly based while the SMGs are a smoking turd
wat. the assault rifle has really solid damage and a decent ammo pool. you shouldnt have to empty all your reserves to deal with swarms. it does 15 base damage compared to like the heavy cannon's 14 and has 350 base capacity while the cannon has 440.

The cannon also does area damage, but has way lower ROF and a longer reload time. Just to put it a in perspective; the assault rifle is fucking great out to a pretty substantial range in short little bursts of like 4-6 rounds

Are you guys not calling in resupplies enough? Ammo management shoulf raraely be an issue unless you have completely forsaken all the ammo cap upgrades to focus purely on damage (in which case you're retarded and deserve to run out of ammo dont do that).

Edit: actually I should temper this by admitting at least that I do sometimes run out of Assault Rifle ammo as well but because the gun is so good in all aspects that I have fucked up and not pulled out the shotgun in situations where it would be better and save me some AR boolit. When you have the AR upgraded and clocked in you just dont want to put it away, ever. Its good against everything.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #550517

We should mention that too; dont just pick all the damage increases for a your guns.

On guns where the damage comes from the absurd ROF just get more ammo. The time-to-kill on the minigun for example is so quick you dont need to shorten it, you need to lengthen the amount of trigger time you get with the gun.

The heavy cannon, conversely, fires so fuckin slowly that you already have a fuckton of trigger time with it so it's a rare example where you CAN just double-down on DPR increases.

In most cases of raw numbers ammo increases are more efficient gets than damage. You can simply multiply the damage x number of rounds to see how much total HURTIN you are carrying around between reloads. The numbers have been balanced where ammo increases always provide a more substantive increase to that total than damage increases.

The issue with just going all in on tons of ammo comes on higher difficulties where asshole bugs can really put out a hurtin and time-to-kill on each bug matters a shitton more. How fast you can kill a mactera flyer becomes REALLY IMPORTANT when they can nearly two-shot you on Haz 5+. On those difficulties you have to really consider the gun and mix and match ammo/damage buffs. One and one is a safe bet but there are some outliers where all in on one or the other is the true path (ie improvised shotgun does not need damage increases but could really use the extra shells despite also having a very slow ROF)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #550602

I use the smgs every time I play scout
crowd control is being able to kill swarmers in a few shots not an entire magazine it's not crowd control if it doesn't go kerblam or pierce

note: the smgs are bad but they feel good the shotgun is totally better
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #551485

Update
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #551700