Xenobio Corporation - WHO THE FUCK LET THEM ALL OUT?

Talk about video games here
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Xenobio Corporation - WHO THE FUCK LET THEM ALL OUT?

Post by srifenbyxp » #397748

Lobotomy Corporation

If you've ever seen cabin in the woods then you'll get a kick out of this, the dev made it based off of a few concepts like cabin in the woods, SCP, and other spoopy scary shit. Do your job, secure the xenos, make sure everything is okay. Royaly fuck up, get your entire staff killed, awaken Narsie and doom us all.

[youtube]WbN40vpse0k[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Xenobio Corporation - WHO THE FUCK LET THEM ALL OUT?

Post by XDTM » #397789

Pretty fun, although i'm always worried about fucking up and losing my progress because of something i don't know yet.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #397814

I remember playing this, it basically tries to fuck you up constantly.
I play Boris Pepper.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #397898

I've played this and I can tell you from experience, you're gonna get confused the first time playing, so I'll tell you a little something that might help when you first start:

The anomalies can be broken down into one of three categories that determines their risk level:
ZAYIN are low-risk anomalies that are easily contained or don't break containment at all and often have beneficial effects if you know how to use them safely. In SCP speak, they are the Safe-class.
TETH are not the most dangerous but they are much more riskier to handle than the ZAYINs. They're somewhat easy to contain, just make sure to understand them and keep them placated. They're between Safe and Euclid in SCP language.
HE anomalies are the Euclids and are difficult to contain and placate, when they breach or their abiltiies activate - it will often cause the release of the more dangerous anomalies by distracting you from them.
WAW are between Euclid-Keter and are practically always constantly planning their escapes and much more difficult to placate.
ALEPH are the Keters and are thankfully few in number, but you *need* to give them your full attention. Some of them cannot be placated and the only thing you can do is figure out what will happen 'when' they breach and plan accordingly.

Anomalies will respond to various methods of placation in different ways, some will work more than others. Performing research on the anomaly will help you figure out what works best and fully understanding the anomaly can grant you items that will protect your staff members.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #397950

>three categories
>lists five
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #397953

[bwoink]
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #397986

DemonFiren wrote:>three categories
>lists five
Two of them aren't really worth mentioning. ZAYIN, HE and ALEPH are the most important ones.

In my experience, the ones that possess/bewitch/take over/drive insane employees are the most annoying to deal with as you usally lose them in most instances.

And each anomaly has a different tell when they've mentally affected your employees. Like an employee bewitched by the Singing Machine has blank, wide open eyes with yellow sclera and grey pupils with a constant grin on their face while the Red Shoes will first enchant an employee, making their eyes half-lidded with a slight pinkish glint in one of their eyes and a half-grin on their face, followed by then outright possess the employee who puts them on and makes their eye sclera pure black with a red pupil and equips them with an axe.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #397994

It looks really fun but I don't buy early access games

maybe later
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #398127

Wasnt this entirely in broken autotranslate english?
Did they finally get a translator?
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #398145

The english is still kind of awkward, but it's usually understandable, although it does lead to some ambiguity in certain descriptions.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #398166

the chinks made it, that's why
it's also why the anomaly names are dumb shit like "red shoes" and "white night"
I play Boris Pepper.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #398199

Just being judgemental, something more like 'Oxygen not included's' artstyle is what it seems to go for but it sort of emulates the ability of a flash game, trailer doesn't really do it justice in appealing to a average joe like me to percieve that it's really refined at all and not a port straight from the interwebs with more content. Maybe im just being snobby.

Better graphics, comprehensive UI and playing space layed out and random scp whatever generation and it would be a fine game i think people would shell out least 15 - 20 bucks out for.

Questioning people who've played the game, is it more advantageous to have aggressive creatures encounter and fight each other rather than waste energy on sending out peeps to pacify them? That twin dagger assassin or whatever soldier and some of the outfits scream Asia loud as shit, go figure.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #398225

If you can get two specimens to fight each other than that is the better outcome as it usually means you won't risk your employees. Especially if its a specimen that converts dead bodies into minions like the QueenBee or CENSORED
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #398226

Saying that though, there are some specimens that you don't want to meet. Like Yin and Yang
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #398322

It's definitely a management game, but i think the artstyle is fine, and every SCP is unique, often with custom animations or status effects (see the comment above about mind control from two different SCPs giving two different facial expressions). It's more polished than i'd expect a flash game to be.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #398720

Ay, and just days after I posted that they released the ending and got out of early access.

I'll probably play it later tonight
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #398878

The English is awful holy shit

Spent all of Day 4 waiting for the Ordeal to spawn, thinking I had to do the mission before EOD. Turns out "After than Day 19" means I actually have until, or have to wait until after, Day 19 (I think?) to finish that, and the maximum ordeal I could reach on Day 4 was None

Other than that the rest of the manual/tutorial is intelligible enough, but barely

I do really like the SCP flavour, though, particularly in the Abnormality Records
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #400165

This doom train thing so is fucking awful, you need to CONSTANTLY check on it or least it fucking jet rams people killing them almost instantly unless they're max level and have black resistance.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #400238

I got to Day 15, about 12 hours in. I think I'm done with the game for now. Here's my steam review
SCP Management Simulator, a very nice idea. The translation is only barely passable, however.

It starts off really well, slowly by introducing you to increasingly dangerous Abnormalities. It was fun trying to figure out how they worked differently and trying to balance their needs between each other.

It can really ramp up quickly, however, depending on your choices. It can be extremely frustrating this way if you just drew the wrong abnormalities in the wrong order.

I think the game is too punishing when you don't do well. With many abnormalities you have to do a bit of trial and error to see what they like.... only most of the time it usually ends in employee death, which the game heavily penalizes you for. This sort of negative feedback loop where failing makes you fail harder. It makes it feel like you have to play perfectly every day, despite the tone of the game making the employee's lives seem expendable.

There is a checkpoint save every 5 days, but not everything reverts when you do go back. Unfortunately, I get stuck playing with this one Aleph- level Abnormality that places an extreme time constraint every day. There are also ordeals and meltdowns that may just ruin your day by RNG as well, especially early on in the game when you don't have all the tools as you would later on.

Overall, it's a very unpolished game with a very novel concept and some really great ideas going for it. I don't think it was ready to come out of Early Access.
White Night is fucking bullshit. You can't even revert his transformation by reloading the week.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #400279

I think their idea would be to play it as a roguelike - go forward until it's unsutainable while researching abnormalities as much as possible. When you start spiraling into mass death, restart with all the abnormality info and bonus research you did; which will allow you to pick and choose the ideal abnormality each day instead of guessing.

That said, i prefer to skip the process and use the wiki to identify abnormalities and their abilities, since i'm not a fan of restarting.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #400324

Yeah, the length of the story and campaign is way to long to make it a roguelike. Most roguelikes also have permadeath that force you to accept and restart, but Lobotomy lets you repeatedly hit your head against a wall with unlimited reloads and restarts.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #403307

Started a new campaign, played some more.

It's still a bit of a slog, but now that I know how to play and the importance of keeping employees alive at all costs it can get pretty fun. There's so much to the game and every level I go down I get to unlock a seemingly critical mechanic.
Spoiler:
I got one set of Aleph gear and that employee can pretty much solo anything, especially with my bullets shielding him. When shit really hits the fan (For me, just Mountain of Smiling Bodies + Big Bird out in the same department), I can always trust on the Rabbit Team to clean up the mess.

Holy shit, though, I hate office workers. Stop feeding the fucking Mountain!
And it's only Day 27.

They patch the game quite frequently, including adding more content, and they have a new guy working on their English translations. Apparently, the reason why the English is so bad was because the devs contracted a Korean-English translation company that ended up scamming them.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?