Guild Wars 2

Talk about video games here
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Guild Wars 2

Post by Rustledjimm » #399266

So I recently got that mmo itch again and to stop myself paying for a sub and booting up EVE I was convinced to try Guild Wars 2 again since I bought it in 2014 and never really touched it.

I'm actually loving it and was wondering how many folk here would be interested in playing as a group/small guild.

p.s I do not own either expansion as of yet.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #399335

Sure! I'll make one/join if you want. I have a commander tag etc.

I can teach raids/fractals too if people are interested in that sort of thing ^_^
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #399340

There is a very very old pre-existing /tg/station Guild but i'd have to redownload the game first and my internet sucks rn
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #399342

I used to play that game. Then Heart of Thorns happened. Not falling for Anet's marketing ever again. HoT and the post-expansion content taking more than a year to release made it clear that their development team has severe management problems.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #399347

Luke Cox wrote:I used to play that game. Then Heart of Thorns happened. Not falling for Anet's marketing ever again. HoT and the post-expansion content taking more than a year to release made it clear that their development team has severe management problems.

What are you referring to specifically? The legendary weapons /armour are all I can think of off the top of my head that didn't get released initially.

They seemed to have learned their lesson, anyway. Path of Fire was a more appropriate cost, and as far as I know had everything they said it would in it.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #399556

Is it as good as GW1 yet?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #399755

TribeOfBeavers wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:I used to play that game. Then Heart of Thorns happened. Not falling for Anet's marketing ever again. HoT and the post-expansion content taking more than a year to release made it clear that their development team has severe management problems.

What are you referring to specifically? The legendary weapons /armour are all I can think of off the top of my head that didn't get released initially.

They seemed to have learned their lesson, anyway. Path of Fire was a more appropriate cost, and as far as I know had everything they said it would in it.
The story quests were awful, the maps felt a lot sparser than what we were promised, WvW map was awful, it was their last desperate push to make "esports" a thing, and the living world updates took a fucking year to come after launch. The elite specializations were the only thing they got right.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #399800

I would be down to play, but I am not super experienced in high end content.

I play an earth elementalist, max level last I checked unless the cap went up.

Is joining a new server or playing with a guild on another server awful still?
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #399813

>playing gw2
>for anything but wvw

why
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #399840

dezzmont wrote: Is joining a new server or playing with a guild on another server awful still?
Nope!
Server only matters for WvW and PvP these days really. You can play with anyone as long as they're in the same region as you (North America vs Europe etc.)
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #399856

I have an Asura necromancer I made on the first day of early access

he never made it to 80
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #399923

So how are we gunna link up?
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #399925

Oh well if you want to add me I'm Durandal.6123 I'm happy for any folk on here to add me. I'm only level 50 mind so I'm not anywhere near high-end level 80 content yet.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #399931

Oh cool, it looks like they're bundling spyware with the client now

https://www.digg.com/r/Guildwars2/com ... rena_used/
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #399987

Rustledjimm wrote:Oh well if you want to add me I'm Durandal.6123 I'm happy for any folk on here to add me. I'm only level 50 mind so I'm not anywhere near high-end level 80 content yet.
Sent you a request!