Payday 2

Talk about video games here
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Re: Payday 2

Post by K-64 » #185013

Bottom post of the previous page:

Meltdown has always been cruel to dodge builds due to the insane number of snipers around the place.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #185019

XSI wrote:Just had a meltdown with one pub in it

Guy takes the car and drives off, leaving half the team behind
Ends up with everyone downed except me twice
Made it to the end still, with 7/8 extra loot bags
Only ended up going down once that game
Everyone else 6+ times
Record for downs was 15

Dodge build doesn't work quite as well as they expected I think
You were my hero! I don't think anyone knew what they were doing.

Dodge guy just kept falling over, it looks like something you really can't rely on anymore.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #185023

I'm thinking Ex-President is the new Crook.

Going to try using that for a bit.

Updoot: Can confirm. Ex-President with the new tech plays is godly. Buff silencers, put them on your primary and secondary for the extra damage/conceal. Get dodge and crits. Get LWBV and buff it with enforcer tank tree. focus on accuracy, just plink things in the head and collect your Armor/HP regen the whole time. Very sturdy.

I think what makes it great is that the healing isn't capped at any speed. You get all the HP dumped on you for all the kills you and your team have made at once when your armor comes back. You rack it up as fast as you can kill people. Unlike Grinder, Gambler, Crew Chief, Muscle, or other ways you have to refresh yourself (like Bullseye) this one has no throttle on it. There is an upper limit on how much you can store up at once but it's quite a large amount.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #185134

The rumors of crook's death have been greatly exaggerated.

I am highly skeptical of dead presidents replacing it. Crooks never hurt for health before, and getting a boost to your armor seems like a better deal. If you don't like brittle tank why would you run presidents?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185161

Ex-President in a ICTV or even just CTV beats out Crook on DW.

What makes Ex-President so good is its ability to keep killing after its armor has gone down, banking HP and triggering its armor to come back up while restoring lost HP at the same time. As long as you can keep killing guys in quick succession (which DW provides you with a fucking never-ending flood of) your downtime is super short and you have the benefits of a much larger HP and Armor pool than Crook.

With some turrets down it gets really absurd as they are killing guys for you and contributing to your HP/Armor regen speed.

You can crunch numbers and talk about EHP all day but if you stop theory-crafting and actually play the game you'll see it works better in play. I just ran DW Rats with a group, myself and another guy as Crooks in LWBV's with the other two guys massing turrets and rocking Ex-President. They shit all over us in terms of tank.

Crooks can't take Rocket Launchers, need Doctor's Bags or FAKs to keep their health up. Crooks rely on dice pools to avoid damage, and can get immediately floored when the dice don't go their way.

Ex-President doesn't bother with any of that shit. They can pack four upgraded sentries and an ammo bag, slot an RPG in their secondary slot, and something ammo efficient in their primary. They crush it. I've never had an easier time playing DW than rolling with this loadout or with someone else using this loadout with me.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #185169

Speaking of tanking, it's weird how there are very few perks/skills that make you a bigger target/more likely to get shot at than your teammates. I know there's one, but beyond that the ratio of "less likely to be targeted" vs. "more likely to be targeted" abilities is pretty high.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #185243

After playing with An0n3 today I can say with confidence the rumors of crook's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185245

It's not dead it just needs to wear heavier armor.

The classic "ITS LIKE IM WEARING NOTHING AT ALL" build is gone.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #185249

Doube post
Last edited by dezzmont on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #185250

I did touch on that in the thread. Crooks got a crazy survivability boost from their new armor options and while crouching in fights is gone that wasn't the crook's real MO anyway. It basically got pure buffs because its now so much easier to stack armor bonuses. LWBVs are still sorta ok but only if you absolutely have to wear it for more firepower, in general you want to stick with regular armored vests, or heavy vests if you are an Akimbo build.
Last edited by dezzmont on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185255

Crouching and wandering around in the LWBV was the Crook's way of life in DW heists. You'd hit some obnoxiously high dodge rate and be nigh untouchable.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #185261

It sorta was. You would crouch during really narrow chokepoints or when doing an objective, but the Crook in my eyes is all about weaving in and out of fights, which the crouch boost wasn't amazing for.

Now crooks are way tougher in a short engagement, and can sustain themselves for a bit with headshot bonuses, and can even dip into some great trees outside of their tanking trees which they never really were able to do before. A 65% dodge rate isn't that much better than a 55% dodge rate when your multiplying it into such a mediocre number. Now you don't get those moments were you randomly end up being able to sit in a chokepoint totally untouched for a solid minute as often, but you get more time to make parting shots or to try to clear out the threat. Crooks definitely handle specials way better now, that is for sure.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185297

Finally got "Not Today". What a load of shit that achievement was.

Pro-tip: the achievement is for blowing up a jumping cloaker with a GL-40. What they don't really tell you is that by "jumping" they mean a cloaker that's in the middle of traversing something, like doing a flying kick over a car (how I got the achievement) or leaping over a crate. It does NOT mean a cloaker that is jumping at someone in open ground to knock them down. There has to be some kind of terrain the cloaker is moving over for it to count.

Jumping off a ledge to fly down at someone, coming off the ceiling, doing flips and all kinds of martial arts shit does NOT count either, no matter how airborne the cloaker may be.

So to get this piece of shit you need to:

1) Sacrifice your primary weapon for the GL-40 piece of shit.
2) Find a cloaker before it finds you
3) Do some damage to it to soften it up (a single GL-40 grenade to the face is NOT enough to kill a cloaker for some fucking reason)
4) Bait it into moving over something (hope you are somewhere with lots of waist-high objects and other shit)
5) Manage to connect the grenade just right so it hits the ground underneath the cloaker and gets it with the splash (grenade rounds will go right through the cloaker if he's in the middle of an animation so good fucking luck)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #185304

Since when is the GL-40 a piece of shit? I found it to be one of my main weapons when I primarily ran dodge and it worked more than fine.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185306

If you could have a cutdown GL40 as a secondary that would be great.
As a primary it's not good enough compared to your other options.

Akimbo's primary and something like the HE Judge in your secondary (or even HE Locomotive) does everything the GL40 could want to do but without having to sacrifice your primary slot to do it.

The GL40 really shouldn't be a primary given how slow it is to refire and how limited the ammo pool for it is. Comparing it to the RPG or China Lake is a joke. If you can afford the concealability you use one of those instead. If you can't, you should be using a shotgun with HE rounds anyway. The one positive thing about the GL40 is that ammo for it is usually pretty plentiful. If you use your grenades smartly you can blow up crowds and get at least one grenade back.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #185307

To be fair, I did stop playing between the start of Crimefest or whatever it was called and update 100, so the China Lake didn't exist when I was running and gunning. So I was typically using the LEO as the main weapon and the GL-40 for shield-blasting and dozer shredding.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185319

To be fair I was using the GL40 as a primary-that-is-actually-my-secondary when I first started using Grinder. Using the GL40 to drop incendiary grenades in crowds resulted in a fucking TON of health gain.

Unfortunately it didn't do shit to dozers and that became a serious problem for that setup.

So it's not that I totally hate the thing it just doesn't fit in with any of the current meta stuff.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #185334

I found that any grenade launcher with incendiaries is more a novelty than anything properly useable. For my pyrotechnics I just go with molotovs.

Although isn't the meta basically just CAR-4 and Loco/Judge and nothing else?
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #185343

K-64 wrote:
Although isn't the meta basically just CAR-4 and Loco/Judge and nothing else?
There are plenty of builds that use neither of those weapons.

I almost always go with a handgun build myself. It is very effective at all ranges and with the ability to easily hit 80 damage you can oneshot tans for days.

A lot of people also enjoy stuff like the Raven for a primary, it fits well in vest builds, and when you get big and fat snipers are still popular.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #185372

file photo of crag on death wish car shop

EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #185421

>me on the same heist

Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185454

Me on the same heist

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #185516

>mfw I feel sad because everyone treats me like I'm retarded in complicated heists but then I realize that I am and they're completely right to treat me like that

Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #185518

Actually we only didnt bring you in because it took us like 20 tries to get to just that point and we didn't have it in us to get you up to speed.

Seriously fuck that heist.
K-64

Post by K-64 » #185519

If it's Car Shop you're talking about, then it's an absolutely terrible one. It's a nice tech demo, but for an actual heist it's shit tier.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #185523

Well it's not just that one. I'm a big bumbling panicky dumbfuck regardless of the situation. Only thing I'm good for is kill (and that's being generous).

Bad at games
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #185576

dezzmont wrote:Actually we only didnt bring you in because it took us like 20 tries to get to just that point and we didn't have it in us to get you up to speed.

Seriously fuck that heist.
dezzmont during the last part of carshop

dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #185592

I am glad I could contribute by suicide.

It really highlights the strengths of your design when the optimal strategy is for, after doing a ton of hard work and repeatedly resetting the level, half the team needs to kill themselves via jumping off high buildings over and over.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #185654

We doin' this tonight?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #185706

HOIST
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #186287

SYDNEY A SHIT

NEW HEISTER NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvJaX70 ... e=youtu.be lever action SHOTGUN
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #186289

RAWN PIRLMIN

GID HYBE
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #186290

everyone give me money so i can buy ALL the dlc these fucking SWEDES
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186306

FUCKING RON PERLMAN

HELL YES

NOT COOL THAT YOU SPLIT THIS INTO TWO DLC'S BUT SHIT

RON PERLMAN
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #186327

Its because its a character pack, which is always 4.99 and has a deck, two weapons, and the character, and a mission pack, which has mask drops and one or two weapons and is generally 6.99.

If it was one more expensive pack then they would lose out on the people who are more casual and just want the perk decks I think.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186329

Hyped for lever action shotgun

Hyped for Ron Perlman dialog

But I think perk decks are always the coolest additions to the game. Each one is a big game-changer so having another new way to play is always cool.
Not sure what his deck might do. Something to do with throwing weapons, maybe? His pack comes with a new throwing weapon so that might have something to do with it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TankNut
Byond Username: TankNut

Post by TankNut » #186363

A few friends of mine dragged me into this game, we ended up playing 2 rounds and suddenly I'm level 40.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186373

When you first start playing there's a lot of "Just shut up and don't ruin this for us" heists as hardcore career criminals solo stealth deathwish heists for you.

Winning the loud shootermans heists is just a matter of having a good build and a team that has decent synergy. If you can play any FPS you can do those from day 1.
What really sets the game apart from other 4-op games is the stealth heists, and those require fucking up quite a few times before you learn to pull them off in perfect stealth.

Thankfully if you're in a FUN group and not just grinding you can still carry out almost every heist that starts in stealth but then fucks up as just another loud heist.
Most people trying to run stealth heists will reset the instant some minor mistake gets made, though, so just be prepared to fail a lot at first.

This has eclipsed Fallout New Vegas to become my second most played game on PC after TF2. I'm almost always up to jump in and run a few heists for FUN or if you really need help getting a random achievement/finishing an infamy.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TankNut
Byond Username: TankNut

Post by TankNut » #186379

After doing a few stealth and loud heists we had the brilliant idea of doing the shadow raid. On deathwish. We almost got it before someone miscounted, forgetting we had paged in the security room guard earlier. The other attempts went about as well as you'd expect it to go.

The sensitivity for aiming is way too high even when it's tuned as far down as it goes but all in all it's a pretty fun game.
K-64

Post by K-64 » #186404

For Shadow Raid at least, it's actually a case of "If you can do this normal, you can do this Death Wish" with no significant difference. From what I recall the only real differences are the titan cameras (which you shouldn't be destroying cameras anyway) and the helicopter being full of assholes 90% of the time.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #186412

And you need more loot on DW, but since the goal is usually to loot EVERYTHING you won't notice that
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186444

How to stealth DW Shadow Raid

1) Get four assholes with upgraded ECMs
2) Establish lobby order for ECMs
3) Call out upstairs, downstairs, and outside
4) *Use the awesome new perk system to bring saws and C4 as well*
5) Purchase the loot drop off asset

ECM rush the shit out of it, throwing all loot bags into the dumpster right outside the warehouse.
Eezy peezy. I've stealthed DW Shadow Raid like 60-something times.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #186455

Since I hit Infamy II I've been running a pure shotgun build because nothing I do matters
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #186463

Just be a guy with a gun. People always want more guys with guns to help loot and shoot
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186465

Ill share my GRAND DAD build later. It's a crew chief setup that let's you take a shitton of hostages, which grants you and your team a huge amount of damage mitigation and health regen. It doubles up on the healing and Inspire so having you on a heist is basically giving everyone invincibility.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #186479

I'm always torn between being unique and being useful. It seems like the more stupid-fun builds aren't that viable, with the exception of SAC's bizarre full-armor, minigun-toting, ass-hauling Yakuza build.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186493

If you aren't playing on DW or trying to stealth heists, everything should be FUN.

There's really only one stealth build. The new skilltree setup works in such a way that you can buy all the skills that matter for stealth and have some random points left over.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #186494

I'd say almost literally anything would be viable to be at least useful in Overkill. If you're needing to figure out if your one works, a basic bank heist is a quick test that throws just enough at you to get an idea of your build's limits. At least enough so that you can see if it's good for you or not.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #186495

Okay maybe it's not the build I'm insecure about.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #186498

[youtube]ihSaGAVHmvw[/youtube]

with the announcement of the bikie pack this is more relevant than ever.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #186505

GRAND DAD
20160613133637_1.jpg
20160613133641_1.jpg
20160613133645_1.jpg
20160613133648_1.jpg
Nothing in the Fugitive tree.

Wear ICTV. Equip Crew Chief deck. Doctor's Bags in your primary equip and FAK's as your secondary.
This build lacks any kind of damage buff so you're going to equip something that has inherently high accuracy and damage so you can put down enemies on DW. Recommend weapons liked the 308 or Eagle Heavy. Secondary should either be the RPG-7 or something that's ammo positive like the Locomotive.

Things you do:
Take a ton of hostages, giving everyone a damage reduction for each one
Convert two SWATS to fight for you, which gives you a HUGE HP increase and passive HP regen
Shout your teammates up from the furthest distance possible
One man ambulance worth of healing items for your whole crew

Things you struggle with:
Ammo can be an issue for you
No damage buffs means you'll need to be on point with those headshots
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: