Talk about video games here
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

nu-Theme Hospital

Post by Ikarrus » #408826

[youtube]0ElBvtWLNAY[/youtube]

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5359 ... _Hospital/

Two Point Hospital is literally just a modern Theme Hospital, made by the original devs. They said they're interested in making more management sims like Two Point Theme Park in the future if TPH succeeds

wtf Sega publishing all the genres I like now?
Last edited by Ikarrus on Thu May 10, 2018 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: nu-Theme Hospital

Post by DemonFiren » #408870

intrigued.jpg
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #408907

Can't wait for this. I loved Theme Hospital and this looks set to be good.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #408911

Thankfully it seems to have fixed one of my problems with theme hospital (room management was a bit cumbersome)
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #408915

Seems like they just took Theme Hospital and updated it, whilst adding some more stuff. Cannot really ask for more. I wonder just how much management and difficulty it will have. Most sim games these days are more about building a nice park/prison/city etc rather than managing it.

To be honest, Project Hospital(https://www.pcgamer.com/project-hospita ... throwback/) looks like it will have better looking hospitals compared to 2-point Hospitals empty looking rooms.

Still, its looking to be a good year for Theme Hospital fans.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #408919

id much rather have a new Sim Coaster tbh fam
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #408931

The Clowns Pocket wrote:id much rather have a new Sim Coaster tbh fam
Planet Coaster is a fun park builder. Pretty lacking in any real management though. Jurassic Park: Evolution is another game by(i think) the same devs, which seems to show more promise for actual difficulty and management. Still its not out yet, so we will see. If none of those are your thing, try something like Parkitect(https://store.steampowered.com/app/453090/Parkitect/) seems to be more faithful to the 2D isometric style of Rollercoaster Tycoon.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #408933

Neat. But of course, not out yet and no release date, so may as well just shrug and move on
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #409265

More like nu-male hospital lmao gotem
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #409270

i like theme hospital
I play Boris Pepper.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #414985

Pierrot's Syndrome
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #415023

it's Pierrot's Throat

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #415125

Give a link and I'll vote Pierrot's
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: nu-male Hospital

Post by ShadowDimentio » #415240

I demand someone rename this thread to nu-male hospital I can't fucking handle this title it's making my mind break every time I read it
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Re: nu-Meme Hospital

Post by DemonFiren » #415252

pictured: shadowmemes looking for treatment

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #420647

Alex Crimson wrote: To be honest, Project Hospital(https://www.pcgamer.com/project-hospita ... throwback/) looks like it will have better looking hospitals compared to 2-point Hospitals empty looking rooms.
Yeah I think stylistically the sorta forced isometric/pixel look works a lot better for this game, given what its trying to mimic. 2point looks a little too "shiny" or modern, not sure how to explain it. It kinda looks like that horrible period of time when roller coaster tycoon went 3D before it got good again with planet coaster (obviously different makers but spirits there).

Plus its moddable.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #420648

peoplearestrange wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote: To be honest, Project Hospital(https://www.pcgamer.com/project-hospita ... throwback/) looks like it will have better looking hospitals compared to 2-point Hospitals empty looking rooms.
Yeah I think stylistically the sorta forced isometric/pixel look works a lot better for this game, given what its trying to mimic. 2point looks a little too "shiny" or modern, not sure how to explain it. It kinda looks like that horrible period of time when roller coaster tycoon went 3D before it got good again with planet coaster (obviously different makers but spirits there).

Plus its moddable.
2point seems like its going full pandering to Theme Hospital fans. Right down to the humor and room style(big, empty with some wacky cure machine). Even the interface is very casual/arcady. Hopefully they remember that people want a modern TH, not a pure recreation. Project Hospital looks like its trying to go down its own path. The screenshots on its steam page look amazing. Rooms are packed with thing you would expect to see in a hospital, and the patient management looks so much deeper.
XSI

Post by XSI » #436207

It came out
And two hours before the release, they revealed that it uses Denuvo

A shame, I was looking forward to it, but I suppose I'll need to look up how to torrent again and hope to avoid the bitcoin miners
It's already been cracked, of course, and pirates were able to play before people who legitimate bought the game

When it the other one coming out again?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #436210

XSI wrote:It came out

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #436221

XSI wrote:It came out

A shame, I was looking forward to it, but I suppose I'll need to look up how to torrent again and hope to avoid the bitcoin miners
It's already been cracked, of course, and pirates were able to play before people who legitimate bought the game

When it the other one coming out again?
How the hell is it cracked already if it uses Denuvo? Didnt the main cracker responsible for breaking Denuvo end up quitting the scene recently? At least i vaguely remember a digg thread about it. Still, i doubt ill bother with the game until they remove it. I was more hyped for Project Hospital anyways. That one comes out October 30th.
XSI

Post by XSI » #436309

Denuvo isn't exactly good at what it does

From what I could find on /v/, the entire thing has been cracked at some point so it being on a game now basically just means that the game has no DRM as far as pirates are concerned
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #436336

What's Denuvo, its not a piece of shit that installs a rootkit that breaks your DVD drive is it? (fucking Starforce)
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #436340

XSI wrote:Denuvo isn't exactly good at what it does

From what I could find on /v/, the entire thing has been cracked at some point so it being on a game now basically just means that the game has no DRM as far as pirates are concerned
wrong actually
as far as DRM goes it's pretty consistent in actually holding pirates off for at least a month, which is about all companies need to basically nullify sales lost from piracy
VERY recently a common exploit was found for it that works for multiple games, and i guess it hasn't been patched yet, hence why theme hospital was cracked so fast
Malkevin wrote:What's Denuvo, its not a piece of shit that installs a rootkit that breaks your DVD drive is it? (fucking Starforce)
drm that hypothetically will, in the very very very long term, make some games impossible to play legitimately
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #436366

PKPenguin321 wrote:

wrong actually
as far as DRM goes it's pretty consistent in actually holding pirates off for at least a month, which is about all companies need to basically nullify sales lost from piracy
VERY recently a common exploit was found for it that works for multiple games, and i guess it hasn't been patched yet, hence why theme hospital was cracked so fast
Malkevin wrote:What's Denuvo, its not a piece of shit that installs a rootkit that breaks your DVD drive is it? (fucking Starforce)
drm that hypothetically will, in the very very very long term, make some games impossible to play legitimately
>Sales lost from piracy
There are no sales lost from piracy

Studies have been done for this, and they all came to the same conclusion. Piracy does not hurt sales in a statistically significant way at worst, and has a very minor positive effect on sales at best
But that's not what they wanted to hear, so that's studies that aren't brought up and generally ignored or shelved somewhere

Either way, this just proves that you should never pre-order anything
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #436398

XSI wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

wrong actually
>Sales lost from piracy
There are no sales lost from piracy

Studies have been done for this, and they all came to the same conclusion. Piracy does not hurt sales in a statistically significant way at worst, and has a very minor positive effect on sales at best
But that's not what they wanted to hear, so that's studies that aren't brought up and generally ignored or shelved somewhere

Either way, this just proves that you should never pre-order anything
absolutely never preorder. preordering is just a holdover of the days of physical-only, when copies of games were in actual limited supply.
as for "pirating never hurts sales except a tiny insignificant bit," i think that tiny insignificant bit is what they're looking to hold off. not saying it's worth it or even morally right, but there has to be some kind of motive for them to implement it.
Spoiler:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #436440

But how is the game? Has anyone played it yet?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
XSI

Post by XSI » #436454

It's pretty faithful to the old Theme Hospital and pretty decent, from what I heard
It's simple, but it's about as complex as the old theme hospital so..It all checks out

Considering the publisher is Sega, and sega isn't exactly known as a kind and gentle publisher, I would not be surprised if they demanded denuvo so they'd win out regardless of what happens
Either the game still sells despite denuvo, and they can say denuvo isnt that bad and people got over it, a win for them
Or the game doesn't sell well, and the devs have to give greater control to their publisher as the usual contracts demand, which will mean..They also win
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #436457

Ikarrus wrote:But how is the game? Has anyone played it yet?
It's very similar to the old games. It's snappy and very satisfying. It's not particularly complicated, although I'm only a couple hours in, but it's a lite-management game I've wanted for a while to watch something while playing. Planet Coaster didn't give me the management I like and this does. It's not deep, but it's entertaining.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #436458

I amused myself by playing theme hospital while in hospital yesterday and today. I'd buy the game if I had the money cause I've been waiting for a theme hospital successor for years. All the reviews I've read says it's really good and hits the spot without being too samey.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #436474

CosmicScientist wrote:It's apparently DRM that does a lot of read/write to the disk. Which besides having a negative effect on SSD lifespan, apparently slows down performance, though that'll depend entirely on how nuTheme is coded/scripted.
This is a lie/conjecture that unsurprisingly generated from a piracy website and was repeated around as fact
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
XSI

Post by XSI » #436490

I'm mostly just annoyed at how it wasn't announced until 2 hours before release

That's just like telling your costumers you don't care about them, we all know that's how business works but it's still rude to say it
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #436497

No sandbox mode. 0/10.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #436513

DrPillzRedux wrote:No sandbox mode. 0/10.
The way story mode is set up you don't really need it. You're basically just unlocking new maps and illnesses and can play them as long as you like
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #436517

That's dumb though, I don't wanna wait. GIVE ME SANDBOX.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #436526

That's basically just complaining that you want to skip the manditory tutorial

I get it
But it's really not a big deal, just play through it

The DRM thing sucks, but the game just seems to be solid from what I can find just about anywhere
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #436556

CosmicScientist wrote:
Mickyan wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:It's apparently DRM that does a lot of read/write to the disk. Which besides having a negative effect on SSD lifespan, apparently slows down performance, though that'll depend entirely on how nuTheme is coded/scripted.
This is a lie/conjecture that unsurprisingly generated from a piracy website and was repeated around as fact
This is what I get for believing what I read on the internet. My life is a lie.
he says while believing something else he read on the internet

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #436639

lmao, so Denuvo wasn't the real anti-piracy

the real anti-piracy was the way they have illnesses show up
XSI

Post by XSI » #436739

Explain that
Do pirated versions give you only illnesses you cant treat or something?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #436876

XSI wrote:Explain that
some kinda steam integration, idk the details

but it's very fucking clever
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #436881

I'm on like the seventh or eighth level now and running into issues with maybe the patient AI being shitty. Four staffed GP's offices, each with queues of 8+ people because the patients in first place in the queue won't go into the office for no clear reason. They wander around the halls a bit, need to go to the bathroom, do so, get fed up and leave the hospital, repeat for the next person in queue.

Every once in a while a patient happens to find their way into the GP's, but between their inability to find the door and an apparent distaste for using benches?? I'm having a really hard time getting a hospital's population to flow smoothly. I dunno if it's the AI or I just suck at hospital design, but it certainly doesn't feel like a me problem.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #436886

iamgoofball wrote:

You can't do challenges to get kudos used to unlock items.

You can just cheat them in with a trainer though like I did.

a correct post by pillz
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #436918

DrPillzRedux wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:

Really? I have not seen any articles on it. This kind of stuff usually gets a few wrtie ups.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #436921

Probably because it's not funny, just text over the challenge tab that says no steam connection.

a correct post by pillz
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #436958

DrPillzRedux wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:

Do we get to ban pillz for piracy yet
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #436991

iamgoofball wrote:

the game spawns an immortal fast scorpion to chase you around
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #437046

Honestly it seems like a neat game but I absolutely hate this trend in Tycoon games where you have to do missions, aka build up one place, unlock a few things, get forced to next place to build again if you want more stuff.

I just want like the old days where you can start with everything able to happen, and you just naturally build up.

a correct post by pillz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #437120

But that's how the original theme hospital worked
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #437122

Malkevin wrote:But that's how the original theme hospital worked
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #437133

Not talking about theme hospital, that was a SHIT game.

a correct post by pillz
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #437334

Do those traits really matter? I figured they were just flavour.

It's easy to start running into money problems later in the game, as you get a much more varied illnesses coming to your hospital, most of which you'd have to turn away early on. But the big bucks come from the treatments, not the diagnosis or the gift shop crap so it starts to sting. You kind of have to focus on each area's "preferred" illnesses as they're much more likely to show up. And not waste too much money building treatments that isn't going to make you much money in the short run when you're starting out.

I can't for the life of me build enough GPs. It's ALWAYS in shortage with massive queues. I'm sick of having to make them over and over and wish the game had a Copy Room feature.

I'm on Smoggly now, and I've been finding this level horribly buggy. Half the time I build or edit a room, it wouldnt recognize any object as valid placement, then I can't cancel the room any more. If I saved and reloaded the save would be corrupted :S

Fortunately the game keeps backup saves in the save folder every 10 minutes for the last hour.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?