Byond Username: Dezzmont

Re: Evolve: Spess monsters

Post by dezzmont » #60750

Bottom post of the previous page:

[youtube]vsgoD74vLIo[/youtube]
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #60779

Goliath feels the most fun of the three.
Kraken isn't as OP anymore. Much more polished.
That Wraith though goddamn. It's not fun to play as or against that monster.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #60781

i fucking love playing wraith.
I play Boris Pepper.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #67854

I fucking called it with the damn code I posted a while back.

A GOD DAMN COSMETIC STORE :revolver: :revolver: :revolver:

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #67903

This is already getting ugly.

Good I didn't grab that game.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #67920

Goliath is hard to play.
Cosmetic skins are fine. They don't affect the game. :reallyhappy:
I play Boris Pepper.
Riley
Byond Username: Furienify

Post by Riley » #67954

The $25 (!!!!) DLC for 4 hunters (and 3 skins nobody cares about) is pants-on-head retarded, though.

I bought this game because a friend wanted someone to play with. It's fairly enjoyable. But no other game has given me so many misgivings about purchasing it. Everything tells me this will go the way of Bloodline Champions - a solid game, potentially great, smothered by some of the industry's worst publishers. We'll see, I guess.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #68008

those prices are fucking stupid, they're obviously going for the whales

but as long as it's cosmetic nobody gives a shit :honkman:
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #68074

I'll buy the game in 6 months when it bundles the shitty DLC into a fucking GOTY Dew and Doritos Edition and prices it all at $30 on the summer steam sale.
/vg/station Head Admin
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #68426

I'm taking breaks between Evac sessions browsing /v/. Everybody is losing their shit over DLC. Not seeing what the big deal is.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #68427

I would be tempted to buy Evolve, but it costs around 79$ USD on Steam in Australia, and that comes to well over 100$ Aud which ain't cutting it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #68435

I would love to play this with a set group of friends each practicing a particular role. Even a regular monster player if they want that.

I just can't justify the purchase right now. Full retail game, and all that DLC looming?

ECH.

There's a lot of co-op stuff we could get into that's similar enough if people are jonesing for a team-y game fix. Payday 2. Dead Island. L4D...
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #78490

So for anyone who still plays, the next tier of characters release on the 31st this month.

Crow (Trapper): Pet Batray that scouts up to 200 meters, Rifle that can be charged to shoot through monster armor and damage health, and statis gun that can shoot rapid for short stasis or charge for long stasis
Sunny (Support): Mini-nuke launcher;highest single shot damage in the game, jet booster that gives teammates fuel who you aim it on, and shield bot that shields one teammate when deployed
Slim (Medic): Bug/human mutant with wings. Heals with a 30 meter AoE heal burst instead of the 15 for all other medics, leach gun that recharges heal burst very quickly, and spores that block monster sniffing. Tops it off with a healing bug that he deploys, which goes around and heals people on its own.
Torvald (Assault): Scandinavian terminator guy. Full auto shotgun that fires all its shots in one click for massive damage, aimed mortars that do absolutely shred monsters, and a mine/grenade thing that puts weakspots on the monster

And the monster is Behemoth

CAN NOT JUMP, ROLLS INSTEAD
Rock Wall: Creates an arena around Behemoth for several seconds that gets taller, wider, and curves toward Behemoth as it is leveled
Rupture: Main damage ability that ruptures the ground where aimed in front of Behemoth, doing heavy damage and knocking hunters back and up
Lava bombs: Launches several lava grenade things that then explode to do damage and leave floating lava things that damage those close to it
Tongue grab: Like wraiths abduction. Reaches out with its tongue of guts and pulls hunters straight to it. Combine with rock wall for maximum kek
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #80403

Update came out, some things to note.

All of the T4 hunters are grossly powerful together. Torvald's grenade with Sunny's armor piercing gun can carve huge chunks of health out of the monster. Crow's bird flies one third of the fucking way across the map uncovering everything, particularly underground. Slim can block smell-o-vision which prevents you from seeing anybody in the dead of night.

Goliath is broken. A few of his abilities simply don't work, his head-shot hit box clips through his model onto his back but he's faster than beta Wraith in ball form. Not worth the time trying to learn.

:salt: