>adder >scary

>burn
>climb
>launch at arc
>notch to limit
>wait for 10s to pitbull
>turn defensive and head for dirt as fast as possible
laugh as 2+ adders are helpless to catch you as you fall like a meteor

of course, if you are ever out of this ^ window and you're not prepared for pitbull you are 100% unavoidably dead.

unlike AA7s etc, adders are not something you can dodge without controlling the engagement. if you are ever unprepared for one you are toast.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: The Joy Of Flight

Post by Timbrewolf » #46965

When are we gonna F-16 again?

Alternatively we could do some DCS dogfights. F-15s vs Su-27's?
Su-25 group SEAD missions?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Silavite
Byond Username: Silavite

Post by Silavite » #46987

I don't have DCS.
I think I might be up to the challenge of F-16'ing now.
(Still a bit fuzzy on bullseyes and comms terminology though)
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #47011

i keep asking but nobody ever responds

we do tomorrow nextday pls respond this tim thx .
Silavite

Post by Silavite » #47012

Tomorrow at 18:00 GMT?
Cik

Post by Cik » #47022

i can make that.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #47030

I can make myself available to fly some stuff from 18:00 GMT to 20:00 GMT.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Cik

Post by Cik » #47099

server will be going up in a moment. also i'm in the ss13 tee ess
Silavite

Post by Silavite » #47102

Where does one find the IP for SS13 TS?
Cik

Post by Cik » #47103

page 2 of this thread afaik

ts.ss13.eu
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #47138

My shit's borked. Sorry folks. I'll try to play again next time.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Cik

Post by Cik » #47147

bugged gam
Silavite

Post by Silavite » #47812

Sorry for going out midflight on sunday. Internet decided to die, and didn't come back up until the next day.
Cik

Post by Cik » #48080

K. thought i might have inadvertently bullied you or engendered some negative feelings.

in other news sinai is fun.

f-16 soon again thx. need more people.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #48096

I'm going through finals and wrapping up a research paper so I'm a bit busy but when that dies down I'm going to need to expell a lot of negative energy through knife fights.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Cik

Post by Cik » #48210

sinai is a good place for it

you get these handy things called "BVR missiles" just kidding lel 8 miles with any hope of killing fucking anything enjoy your kinetic defeat at the hands of an F-4 max G like 6.

oh and the egyptians have a SAMwall thicker than the gates of troy piled with SA-6 defending SA-9 defending hawk defending SA-6 defending patriots.

it's fun though. every air to air engagement becomes a knife fight due to sparrows total uselessness (better to open your canopy and throw rocks)

no HARM, so SEAD is challenging to say the least. inventive tactics required, as most SAMs will outrange you by 3-4x. brush WEZ and you're about to have 10 strelas and stingers in the air. hope you are good at threading needles.

fun though. really like terrain, very different. 8/10 would fly often, really enjoying a challenging SAM environment for once.

really don't get the wargoal though war start you control 50% of pointless desert war end you control 90%

40% gain of pointless desert yay
Kuraudo
Byond Username: Arumashi

Post by Kuraudo » #48381

Quoting Goria Epstein, retired israeli ace:

"You are not flying the F-16, the F-16 fly itself from it's computer. You are only one of many inputs to the computer of the F-16."
"He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brigged."
Cik

Post by Cik » #49134

kkkkkkkkkkkk sorry is monday but maybe play today if you want to come post in dis thread and i forward ip address etc don't want to get haxxed you know blow up computer etc.

i got norton but still scared. thx u
Silavite

Post by Silavite » #50347

Anyone feel like flying today?
Cik

Post by Cik » #50368

tomorrow (sun) maybe?? i might be able to gather a flight or two.

nobody wants to play falcon these days sad times. thx.
Silavite

Post by Silavite » #50373

Sure. Afternoon preferably, 16:00 CST will probably work for me.
Cik

Post by Cik » #50380

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Cik

Post by Cik » #50703

kkkkkkkkkkk am here meet up where ? also we should friend up on something forums 2slow4me
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #50719

Too busy with finals and shit. Should be free for flying again soon though.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Silavite

Post by Silavite » #50741

Something just came up goddamn it. I'm busy for the rest of today.
Cik

Post by Cik » #50862

kkkkkkkk day sometime soon sounds nice.

haven't flown with any amount of people in 2 weeks. lameeeeeee
Silavite

Post by Silavite » #51274

Can I ask if anyone has IL-2 1946?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51414

Pretty sure like almost all of us have it?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Silavite

Post by Silavite » #51430

Does you have it up to date and with mods and whatnot? (HFSX, SAS, etc.)
I don't have most of these planes myself, but people are doing some amazing stuff with this 10(?) year old game engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jjdOB9-S8A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgaxiOU0TIA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oGVfPZqlmo
Cik

Post by Cik » #51431

i'm sliding this thread

come play falcon we have 6 people we play sinai.

hurry up THX;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #52086

Attention pilots.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X is now on Steam AND on sale for five burgerbucks. We use MFS in our aeronautical maintenance school to help show functions on aircraft and simulate failures, so I know its good shit. Especially considering the normal MFS gold edition is about two hundred bucks... albeit with more content.

So ya, if you want a more relaxed simulator, I highly recommend it.
Zoom

Post by Zoom » #52090

Dried fruit salad dressing room boom boom pow wow that's crazy
Cik

Post by Cik » #52418

i'm playing dcs a-10c

it's ok also the shit's fucked 3 radios

the mavericks shoot on blinkey not unblinkey which is upside down
............ who designed this airplane??? no afterburner ???? on the plus side it seems pretty fucking immune to 12.7mm though seriously i had probably 200 holes in my left engine still running OK albeit with oil pressure drop

anyway i have no idea how to gbu but ccip is p. fun. also cannon dakka dakka dakka dakka

anyway it's ok ramp is fucking obnoxious and the cockpit is nobubble but w / e
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #52422

OI USE DA LAZOR

LAZOR HELPS DA BOOMAZ HIT GOOD

AUTOPILOT HAS A FING FOR MAKING DAKKA THAT MAKES DA PLANE NOT MOVE

ONLY GROTZ USE IT DOE

(we should play DCS together I fucking love the A-10C.)
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Cik

Post by Cik » #52423

cockpit 2small4me but it seriously is an ok to fly it takes some getting used to though the thing is basically a tank esp. because it barely leaves the ground the fucking thing is 2heavy4me i wish they wouldn't load it with these fucking useless asymetrical shit what the fuck why load 1 maverick when you can load 3 why are there 2 rocket pods on my left but none on my right why do i have GPS and laser weapons help
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #52425

It has shitty aerodynamics anyway and weighs a ton. Stop bitching and start trimming.

Try dumping some fuel or munitions to make it a little lighter if you're having trouble getting up. It's a big fat ugly attacker craft, it doesn't like to maneuver and fly around. if your flight plan doesn't include a long stretch or diversion so you can climb to at least 7000+ feet you're an idiot and you're going to get shot down.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Cik

Post by Cik » #52434

nah at 100% power it does 7000 pretty quick even with gbu31 anyway

i don't know if i'm significantly lighter than everyone else complains about or whatever but i'm running like 97% fuel (for no reason; the front is like 10 miles away on campaign) and a mix of weapons sometimes including 1k pound bombs and it climbs ok.

getting to a tanker might be an hour long prospect anyway i've never tried it. i don't know what the loiter time was but i've never once heard bingo so who knows. i don't even know where the fuel gauge is whatever

ccip seems pretty fucking weird though for instance you have to go straight dive. also i've not had much luck actually dying. i'm running AUTO and i've never been hit by a missile even when being probably extremely foolish. i'm not sure if the russians in the campaign's kit just fucking sucks or if chaff is enormously effective or if i'm extremely lucky or what. i do like the GAU though it's p. gud
Cik

Post by Cik » #52451

alright i just did my own loadout

i can definitely see the complaint now holy shit

i dropped 80% of my weapons all over some shilkas and got hit. i don't know if my engine power was down or what but i was limping home in a slight descent all the way to divert

howg 2heavy4me
Cik

Post by Cik » #52696

i feel more confident in this plane but i still have a way to go

why aren't the mavericks ground stabilized holy shit. roll slightly to the left because i'm concentrating on the fucking screen and the motion throws everything off

WHO DESIGNED THESE INFANTRY MODELS THEY SHOULD BE SHOT

A SINGLE TINY 2D MENS INSIDE A TOWN OF HUNDREDS OF BUILDINGS WITH SHADOWS. THEY ARE THE SAME COLOR AS THE TERRAIN

i just hunted over a town with superzoomed TGP for 25 minutes and found 3 of them. there were FIFTEEN FUG HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FIND THESE THINGS

WHY NOT MAKE IT A PLATOON OR SOMETHING jesus it's bad enough that a ZU-23 is goddamn microscopic at angels 12. i do not want to hunt mens until i out of fuel. i have a worldending arsenal and can't apply any of it

why does JTAC like routing me into iglas

HELP

anyway though fun gam would coop with friends /10

it's on sale or something if you guys don't have it you should pick it up.
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #52787

Cik wrote:i feel more confident in this plane but i still have a way to go

why aren't the mavericks ground stabilized holy shit. roll slightly to the left because i'm concentrating on the fucking screen and the motion throws everything off

WHO DESIGNED THESE INFANTRY MODELS THEY SHOULD BE SHOT

A SINGLE TINY 2D MENS INSIDE A TOWN OF HUNDREDS OF BUILDINGS WITH SHADOWS. THEY ARE THE SAME COLOR AS THE TERRAIN

i just hunted over a town with superzoomed TGP for 25 minutes and found 3 of them. there were FIFTEEN FUG HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FIND THESE THINGS

WHY NOT MAKE IT A PLATOON OR SOMETHING jesus it's bad enough that a ZU-23 is goddamn microscopic at angels 12. i do not want to hunt mens until i out of fuel. i have a worldending arsenal and can't apply any of it
Turn the whole city into rubble. Where is the problem?
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Cik

Post by Cik » #52790

the problem is i have to clear a 30 mile route along a road and the city is one tiny part of that road. the city is large and while i have a ton of bombs i don't have that many; CBU-87 seems only marginally effective against infantry and snakeyes explosion radius is pretty small. i'd probably have to drop 80% of my ordinance and that is not acceptable. hell, i could still miss a few even with almost all my bombs.

basically i need to be a strategic bomber and i'm not one
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #52804

Don't bomb infantry. Give 'em the BRRRT.

We could do some co-op if you like. The A-10C is a flying murder office. If you do all the paperwork and filing you can be really deadly.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Cik

Post by Cik » #52807

the brtttt doesn't work against things you can't see. or at least, it doesn't work very well. it is a magnificent creature, though.

edit: i'm getting better. i don't know if there's something wrong with the CBU-87 though; it feels useless. i know it's supposed to be for softer targets but i've had absolutely zero luck with it. it seems to blow up always around any infantry i'm dropping it on. it doesn't seem to kill even BMP-1s, which are notoriously poorly armored. is it useful? the -97 seems to annihilate anything and isn't fooled by the tank smoke launchers, so that's nice.

is there any reason to use it? most of the pylons i can put it on can carry MK-82, sometimes 3 of them. or a single MK-84 / GBU-24.

i've tried 3/9 5 mil / none CCIP, CCRP level drop at low / medium altitude. dropping on something, in front of something if moving etc.

still seems laughably ineffective. in the last scenario i played i set HOF to 700 feet and landed a direct hit on four BMP-1s and an SA-9. no kills whatsoever. is this normal??? am i doing it wrong?

edit2: also it's pretty weird that the A-10 only gets 7 rocket pods; where's my hydra 78 MPSM???? geez USAF get your shit together i need mah rockets

do you know of any decent rokkit types ANONE3 there seems to be millions of them. i've tried the m151 HE but it seems only marginally effective on anything that isn't infantry. i'd like to be able to kill light armor with them because the rokkits / gun require much less setup than a GBU / maverick / CBU pass. just turn in and push trigger.

are there HEAT or other anti-armor rokkits available? the falcon can mount MPSM which can penetrate tank armor which is why i ask.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #52831

Firing rockets at things what are you a helicopter? Psh. I never use them on planes post WW2. Smart craft require smart munitions.

Make sure you're setting your markpoints right. Use dat fuckin' laser and make sure your altitude is high enough.

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Cik

Post by Cik » #52854

but anone3 the cbu-87 is not a laser

also i already use litening to find things, it's just when i des SPI and drop it does nothing

also >smart munitions >giant fuckoff cannon that fires in straight lines

picked the wrong plane hombre
Silavite

Post by Silavite » #52855

How do I use GPS munitions in Falcon? They semester like one of my last stumbling blocks.
Cik

Post by Cik » #52871

GPS munitions track to active steer as long as you were in CCRP mode at some point after you went to that steerpoint. the best way to use them is in toss. select active steer then toss as normal.

you should specify about what you're having trouble with though. they're just standard CCRP bombs besides the extremely complicated guidance system etc.

note: active steer as of the last time the bomb was updated with coordinates, not coordinates selected by the plane. it is possible for instance to do a high level drop of several GPS munitions to different steerpoints by selecting a steerpoint as active in CCRP, then setting a RP # setting to release multiple bombs. set impact spacing to 999 which will give you a second or two to switch steerpoints between releases. do note that if your targets are far apart it's very difficult to guarentee a perfect hitrate. the bombs will track as best they can but if they can't make the turn they can't make the turn.

the reason i say they work best in toss is they have the advantage of being entirely passive and do not require line of sight. it is perfectly possible to effectively level an airbase from behind a hill. select target, get up to speed and make the RP # toss while switching steerpoints directly. once all are off-pylon begin a descending turn and hit countermeasure deploy a few times. wait 30 seconds and watch the entire base explode.

it's also possible to deliver them from very high. as long as the coordinates are correct the GBU kit will correct against wind or against inaccuracies in the CCRP solution, making level drops from as high as angels 30 possible.

the disadvantage is of course that they are mostly useless against moving targets, and make poor CAS weapons. use lasers instead for this, probably GBU-12s. for OCA though, GBU-31s are basically the perfect bomb. will destroy anything you hit and released correctly are almost perfectly accurate.

for OCA GBU-24 A/B (penetrators) are workable, however the fact that they will require as many as 4 passes while you are at a low airspeed, heavy and over an enemy runway is extremely dangerous. add to this that the actually the most threatening air defense the DPRK has is it's enormous flak cloud it has EVERYWHERE, you will incur a very real threat of being hit by the golden 100mm that means you will probably lose your plane. for this reason, one / two pass GBUs, perhaps on toss are far preferable.

also note that GBU-31 / 38 are excellent for SEAD, as they are passive and have a very low exposure time, sometimes as low as ~5 seconds. it's also possible to use them on the fly; my group run SEAD in sinai with them. since the enemy SAMs do not appear on the map it's not possible to recon them in advance. this can be circumvented with a 4ship; the first ship should have shrikes for self defence and AA equipment. the rest can carry 4 racks of GBU/38s apiece. have the lead plane fly at medium altitude in a lazy circle and create TGP markpoints, then transmit them over DLINK to the rest of the flight and declare attacks so that nobody hits the same target. with this you can effectively kill enormous amounts of SAM vehicles as long as they aren't moving. the lead plane is relatively safe as long as he doesn't dip into an SA-6 crossfire. the only real problem is the egyptian F-16s stumbling onto you. then it gets rough.

it requires practice but it works extremely well. markpoints in general are immensely underused. so nice.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #53000

Cik wrote:but anone3 the cbu-87 is not a laser
Yeah but you can still set it in CCRP mode, use your TGP to get a good read on your target's position (via the laser) and then let 'er rip.

Only use CCIP if you have to. You didn't lug all that sensor equipment and GPS shit into the air with you so you can "eyeball" dropping bombs on things.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #53019

Cik wrote: also >smart munitions >giant fuckoff cannon that fires in straight lines
Having giant fuckoff cannon that rapes in straight lines with plane around it is very smart.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #53038

But the cannon is smart. It's a specialized mix of rounds fed from a hopper, but you can flip a switch to have it fire nothing but the HE rounds. Another control on the plane activates a special autopilot that counter-acts the recoil of the cannon to keep the plane flying level during sustained fire.

You even get simulated hit markers on your HUD if you're looking towards the ground and firing.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #53047

lol i just fly planes turn them around and shoot people

fuck post ww2 tbh its way to complicated
i used to care about stuff like energy handling but then i was like "wtf this shit is what real life pilots care about im taking this 2 far" and stopped and i finally had fun.
crack is whack but smacks got your back