Talk about video games here
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by TheWiznard » #448324

Welp I caved and got a ps4 and pre order

now that I've committed this much its probably not going to be as good as I'm hyped for it right now

PSN is TheWiznard

whats your guys thoughts on how RDR2 is gonna be?

I loved the first one singleplayer was fun being a cowboy and playing custom matches without the hud or player map markers hide and seek, hope there is similar stuff to that possible in 2. I haven't watched a ton of trailers and stuff but I thought I heard Rockstar was gonna do rdronline like gta? wonder how that'll be. I hope at least in mp there is a modicrum of immersion and not like rainbow flaming death unicorn mounts and shit
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Takeguru » #448684

Not on PC is how it's gonna be

No buy for me
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #448706

it's gonna be good. have been peeking at some leaked footage as more and more people are getting the game before release and goddamn it looks 10/10. will probably win GOTY.

i like that they're incorporating a lot of rpg elements into the game, like apparently being able to cook/eat to satiate your hunger, that how you're dressed/level of cleanliness will alter how npc's perceive you, etc.
the ai also seems more sophisticated than gta v where simply breathing in the same area as npc's would get you a wanted level. at least i can intimidate people about to snitch in this game and not have psychic police immediately home in on my location.

pretty much everything i've seen makes me more hyped for the game, but tbh i've been wanting a sequel since 2010 because i loved rdr1.

don't really give a shit about rdr online, it'll be fun to play with mates but i'm sure they'll push micro-transactions somehow given that gta online was obscenely profitable.
i just don't know how they'll do it, given that it's not like you'll constantly be getting phonecalls from lester/ron and other fucking irritating npc's where they'll harass you to buy bunkers/properties that cost millions to be able to access more content.
i hope we'll be able to hunt online, i remember going to tall trees with my mates and hunting cougars and bears. was very comfy.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #448712

Takeguru wrote:Not on PC is how it's gonna be

No buy for me
console exclusives: the purest form of cancer
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #449218

I haven't really played the other ones but I'm thinking about getting it next week or so if the reviews end up good.
--Crocodillo

TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #449890

I really fucking like it so far but spoilers below
Spoiler:
I don't know if I did something wrong but the first act where you're in the snow seemed to set you up for like hunting and shit in the snow, but I just did like 3 main quests and suddenly is spring? like did I miss out on a big area or something or was I never intended to roam around there freely?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #455483

TheWiznard wrote:I really fucking like it so far but spoilers below
Spoiler:
I don't know if I did something wrong but the first act where you're in the snow seemed to set you up for like hunting and shit in the snow, but I just did like 3 main quests and suddenly is spring? like did I miss out on a big area or something or was I never intended to roam around there freely?
Spoiler:
don't think so, there's no real free roam there.
I've been having fun with it so far, I'm at 50% story completion. I've killed a couple legendary animals but I haven't figured out where to get the stuff you can craft with them yet. Like I have the trinket but no clue what to do with the pelt. The side missions and random encounters are great and nice ways to boost your honor because:

>kill someone who ambushes you
>loot them for the 43 cents they have
>minus honor

I've also been having a laugh at these articles about the killing feminist video like this one: https://theconversation.com/violence-to ... ity-106920

It's obvious these people haven't played the game lmao.

also spoilers below:
Spoiler:
Is there a way to sail back to the island you get trapped on for a while? I want to go hunting on it but no idea how to get back or if I can.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #457029

just completed it, now i gotta do all the side missions
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #457164

The camp upgrade system feels lackluster after getting the upgrades for fast travel and leatherworking tools, even more-so when people barely contribute as is and scold you for not 'putting in your part' after contributing the most. Feels more like a money sink for when you've already bought what you want.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #458990

everythings so damn expensive online, and you make like 10 cents for looting a body. cant even rob shops or anything. im hoping they update online with some more stuff and lower prices/make money easier to get, but as of right now it feels like a giant setup to get us to buy ingame money.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #459001

BeeSting12 wrote:everythings so damn expensive online, and you make like 10 cents for looting a body. cant even rob shops or anything. im hoping they update online with some more stuff and lower prices/make money easier to get, but as of right now it feels like a giant setup to get us to buy ingame money.
Just like GTA online
Hopefully hacked money will be a thing here too