La Mulana 2

Talk about video games here
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

La Mulana 2

Post by ShadowDimentio » #451835

Do you enjoy obtuse puzzles?

Do you enjoy combat that straddles the line between difficult and obnoxious?

Do you enjoy getting pranked and killed by a trap you couldn't have seen coming?

Buy La Mulana 2, it's pretty good
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Re: La Mulana 2

Post by XSI » #451870

I just watched this as a video series because I can't be arsed with the puzzles and 'lol dead' traps
There weren't anywhere near as many of the 'lol you die' style traps that I thought there would be, but the puzzles seemed like they were intentionally all incredibly vague so I'm glad I didn't bother. I just don't have the motivation for those
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #451872

remember to play la mulana 1 before this, it's an incredible journey.

i've decided that im gonna play la mulana 2 completely spoiler free, i finished all of la mulana including
Spoiler:
hell temple + hard mode
, sadly though because la mulana 2 is made on (((Unity))) it runs like ass on my potato even with the lowest setting, im gonna get a better machine next year so
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #451908

>Be me
>Be playing hardmode because apparently I enjoy pain
>Bosses are literally hell
>Scrape by most of them after 25-50 attempts
>Be 9th boss
>Game literally says not to fight her unless you're fully prepared
>Brace myself to suffer
>Nuke her third try

C u c k e d

The worst boss was #2 btw because it's before you unlock the treasure fairy and can't just buy a gun and shoot them dead
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #451909

XSI wrote:I just watched this as a video series because I can't be arsed with the puzzles and 'lol dead' traps
There weren't anywhere near as many of the 'lol you die' style traps that I thought there would be, but the puzzles seemed like they were intentionally all incredibly vague so I'm glad I didn't bother. I just don't have the motivation for those
Yeah there's all of like 5 truly "lol dead" traps, all the rest you're warned about beforehand or have a chance to dodge/escape/only trigger if you fuck up a puzzle. The puzzles are intentionally vague though yes, because the solutions once you figure them out are all really straightforwards.

Protip Bman: Record any tablet you even THINK might be useful. A LOT of puzzles lategame are split among a fuckload of tablets scattered everywhere and if you don't have them pre-recorded when you first found them you're gonna suffer having to re-examine every tablet in the game looking for the ones you need.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #452188

man you dont have to tell me after the moonlight puzzle and the room of gems and scales