Sonic Boom (Worst platform ever?)

Talk about video games here
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Sonic Boom (Worst platform ever?)

Post by peoplearestrange » #45840

I haven't played this and will probably not ever, however I have to say, some of the reviews of this game have been hilarious!

This one from The Jimquisition
http://www.thejimquisition.com/2014/11/ ... ic-review/

And this one from 4chan:
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Re: Sonic Boom (Worst platform ever?)

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #45843

Yeah the game seems bad, but from what I saw of the game it doesn't seem Sonic 06 bad. Sega needs to learn they can't rush shit, never works in their favor it seems.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #45868

They never shut up. Why don't they ever shut up. Maybe the unstoppable barrage of one-liners wouldn't be so terrible if they didn't pull the writers from kindergarten.

SHUT UP
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #45871

Doesn't match up to '06 at all, just a poorly executed game really. Where '06 isn't even a game.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #45932

The only Sonic Boom that matters.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #45933

Skorvold wrote:Doesn't match up to '06 at all, just a poorly executed game really. Where '06 isn't even a game.
The only thing good about Sonic 06 was the Solaris 2 Theme
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #45982

cedarbridge wrote:The only Sonic Boom that matters.
Seconded. *sings* Meeeeeeeemorrrrrrrrrrrieeeeeeeeesssss...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #46097

Ha ha ha what are you guys talking about?

The last game Sonic was in was Sonic Rush.

They haven't made a Sonic game since I don't know what you're talking about you're making shit up.
1401317898296.jpg
YOU'RE MAKING IT UP YOU'RE MAKING IT UP YOU'RE MAKING IT UP THESE ARENT REAL THESE DONT EXIST EEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #46117

I thought colours and generations and whatever the wiiu one was were meant to be pretty ok, not ground breaking but alright.
Their real problem is that they just throw their shit out and reinvent the wheel every game, which leaves them with a bunch of shitty misshapen wheels.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #46122

Sonic Adventure was the last sonic game I actually enjoyed, when sonic decided it would be a 3D platformer...
Actually I have to say that Sonic 3D was a pile of shit too (though pretty amazing graphicly that it was on the MegaDrive/Genesis).

Fuck it I'm going back to playing Tails on Sonic 3...
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #46475

Sonic Rush is great. Generations is great, Colors is good.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #46479

it was an interesting redesign of the sonic characters to the modern era and i particularly applaud Big Red Button entertainment for taking the courageous and progressive step to portray the Sonic Boom era Knuckles as an actual retarded person
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #46766

nsos wrote:it was an interesting redesign of the sonic characters to the modern era and i particularly applaud Big Red Button entertainment for taking the courageous and progressive step to portray the Sonic Boom era Knuckles as an actual retarded person
genuinely ayy lmao'd at this
LA MAYONESA
Byond Username: LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #46777

why do you people buy sonic games

what is wrong with you
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #46787

Only played Sonic 3 properly. Not really my type of game, but it wasn't horrible.
Played Generations for about a half hour and fuck that shit is horrible.
Decided to Google and see just how bad these games are getting. God damn.
Last edited by Spacemanspark on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:^)
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #46797

Generations was really good tho.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #46893

ColonicAcid wrote:Generations was really good tho.
I don't like games that play themselves, I guess you can say. The game was just too easy for me.
It's just personal preference.
:^)
FredNodoor
Byond Username: Anonwizard404

Post by FredNodoor » #47362

Well i played it and it is awful, it isnt even fun to make fun of. Broken walls, shitty animations, beautiful AI, bad writing, mostly bad voice acting, and overall just a bad expirence.

Level Design was eeeeeh, and the gimmicks were just there.

I wish Big Red Button wasen't picked to help with this to be honest.
My only dream is a world without mimes
FredNodoor
Byond Username: Anonwizard404

Post by FredNodoor » #47363

LA MAYONESA wrote:why do you people buy sonic games

what is wrong with you
We can dream of a good game, can we?
My only dream is a world without mimes