/mtgag/ Magic The Gathering Arena General

Talk about video games here
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: /mtgag/ Magic The Gathering Arena General

Post by terranaut » #579273

Bottom post of the previous page:

playing someone elses competetive list is lame. all the fun comes from building janky decks with crazy combos and making them work.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #579281

my boros dogs deck is probably the coolest standard deck I've ever played. It's not exactly meta but I've had a pretty nice win rate with it.

Standard can get a little boring, specially if you keep playing against the same meta decks all the time. Most of the fun for me comes from drafting.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #579287

>scuties
yikes, I played 50 minutes game with a guy who created 1000 scuties, and then the server gave up and forced draw. very fun and interactive

>all the fun comes from building janky decks with crazy combos and making them work
this guy gets it, worst scenario is, I will take some fun netdeck and mold it to my liking

>standard deck
yikes #2, since they permanently enabled historic ranked, I've not played a single standard game

>Most of the fun for me comes from drafting.
i wish I wasn't a draftlet

anywho, I'm up to duel with you lot, because since incomptience stopped playing, nobody wants to play with me
just hit me up on discord
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #579289

Lumbermancer wrote: anywho, I'm up to duel with you lot, because since incomptience stopped playing, nobody wants to play with me
just hit me up on discord
I only play cockatrice sorry :)
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #579349

terranaut wrote:playing someone elses competetive list is lame. all the fun comes from building janky decks with crazy combos and making them work.
na man, All organic. Never played magic before, played the color challenges early this month, starting playing ranked with the green color challenge deck, lost too much, made a green jank deck with like 80 cards, did bretty good, lost to a scute, few rounds later opened a pack with a scute, made a new deck, and its been mostly, "I lost to a scute mirror match that also had this or that card, lets spend a wild card putting that card in my deck."

Bob also suggested some things, like ashaya and greenwarden, cards i would have put in if i had known they existed.

I doubt you'll find this deck list in a competitive desk list:

(also featured, each forest is a different card style to make it easier to see how much mana something would use since the orange highlight obscures how many cards are not highlighted in the land card stack)
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #579350

Lumbermancer wrote:>scuties
yikes, I played 50 minutes game with a guy who created 1000 scuties, and then the server gave up and forced draw. very fun and interactive

Ya, im like the only player who has restraint. I want rank and wins and stacks above 60 triggers risk a draw. once i have twice as many scutes as enemy-kun has life theres no need. i've passed to combat with 2 unpopped fables on the board and a rolling regrowth in hand.

The real dicks are the ones who pop their fetch lands when lose condition is on the stack just to force a draw instead of a loss. Instead i do the samething but concede right after.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Dreathtil
Byond Username: Dreathtil

Post by Dreathtil » #579362

Pretty Legit List. If thats what you've got to deal with in your collection. Scute Swarm is annoying to deal with once the ball gets rolling. And I've conceded a few games to Scute Swarm when I'm behind on board-state, but I don't play a deck that particularly cares about Scute swarm.

Been playing since after Arena went public and I'm not much of a Rank pusher, despite my long standing drive to play this game on a regular but not consistent basis.

I only really play blue Blue/Black if I can help it (Brawl doesn't count). As well only really play Best of Three.

Could probably push myself to Mythic like I did during Ravnica, (Especially now that Uro and Omnath are banned in standard) but I was more competitive with this card game back when I actively worked in a card store part time.
Kirb and Cat posting is the default
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #579363

Cool gathering card game mine is 52 pick-up
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

terranaut

Post by terranaut » #579379

MrStonedOne wrote: cards i would have put in if i had known they existed.
the eternal curse
list looks fine though, now get into some fun formats that will punish you even more for not knowing banger cards :)
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #579388

this card game sucks
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #579393

Dreathtil wrote:snip
god i hate zareth san so much fuck you

my BO1 deck (donut steel)
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #579398

I really tried to enjoy bo3, the real magic, but I just can't . I think It's because I mostly play meme decks, that generally don't work well against streamlined, top of the line meta. And/or are easily hard locked by sideboards. And also I really don't care to play against your FOTM ladder grinders, so I will often just concede and move along.
Spoiler:
that's that, then
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #579440

standard in 2020 omegalul

I'm hoping MTGA gets other formats other than historic soon tbh. Drafting is the only thing that's really fun after dealing with oko, field, uro, and ramp in general.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #579448

Pioneer Masters will include cards from all Pioneer sets. Coming next year. It's actually likely Historic will replace Pioneer eventually. Oh and let's not forget Kaladesh Remastered next month, it has quite a lot of popular cards.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #579466

I started playing this pretty recently too! It's been my first time playing magic, but it's pretty fun

Mostly just standard so far, I got to mythic for the first time. Historic seems cool but I don't have the cards for it at the moment since i've only been playing a couple weeks

I've mostly been playing a variation of one of the free decks they give you and it's been working pretty well, it's a flash dimir mutation sorta thing
It's not great against super counterspell heavy decks but it's decent against most other things. I'm probably gonna put a couple cunning nightbonders in there once I get them to help with the counters
Also it has massacre worm so it eats scute and boros cycling decks. It's pretty entertaining to play it and see like 25 "deal 2 damage" triggers on the stack :p
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #579485

Lumbermancer wrote:Pioneer Masters will include cards from all Pioneer sets. Coming next year. It's actually likely Historic will replace Pioneer eventually. Oh and let's not forget Kaladesh Remastered next month, it has quite a lot of popular cards.
With how combo heavy prioneer has been lately (I say lately but mostly since its inception) historic has been a better overall format for me. Even with Muxus being charioted away from the bans there's no meta-defining decks atm that make the format unfun to me.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #579497

TribeOfBeavers wrote:Historic seems cool but I don't have the cards for it at the moment since i've only been playing a couple week
Remember you can just change your Standard deck to Historic, and play anyway. See how it looks, what people are playing etc. At worst people like me will silently begrudge you for desecrating the holy format.
Nalzul wrote:With how combo heavy prioneer has been lately (I say lately but mostly since its inception) historic has been a better overall format for me
Really? Because I look at goldfish, and pioneer meta seems to be more varied.