Genesis Alpha One - It's like Alien unless your retarded

Talk about video games here
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Genesis Alpha One - It's like Alien unless your retarded

Post by srifenbyxp » #481438

Boy howdy, you know a game's good when I shill it.

So I picked this gem up via my game rental service, but it's one of those rare good single player roguelike shooties where you're tasked to find new earth because of fuck all. You're a clone who happens to work for a corperation, your crew are clones, they will die by retarded means - unlike you the captain who will most likely die because you stood in a corridor that somehow got destroyed by something the size of your foot. When the captain dies a new clone is promoted, kill your entire clone crew to prevent a coup, keep your crew alive until you splice human DNA with xenos DNA *BLAM hersey get better superior human DNA.

Your robot servants will unload shit from your explorer craft when returning from a mission, assuming the giant fucker that somehow attached itself to the side of your hull doesn't kill you first when your back on your station. Xeno fucking scum will randomly invade your station, most of the time through your tractor beam, some will pop out of a fucking box, in space getthos dangerous space zone will just pop out of goddam nowhere and all will have shooty guns. When you land on planets it's in a small bubble to gather materials and find blueprints for gear and models, thankfully the AI in this game is bad and they'll try to swarm you.

Either way, this game can play out one of two ways.

1) Have a clean, functional station because you spent the extra 3 minutes checking underneath the floors.

2) Do nothing and relive Alien because you're a fucking retard.

Pro Con for tl;rd fuck bois

Pro:
Build the station how you want it
Different corporations determine what gear your crew has and starting modules
Make superior superhumans
Do Job / Research / Craft shit - if the AI takes too long do it yourself for 4x the speed
SPESS AMERICA USA
The beginning can be a little slow - get yourself fucked and go right into a bad neighborhood
You get to keep some artifacts from previous fuck-ups which carry over to your next playthrough; which how many you get to keep depends on your corporation.

Con:
Singleplayer - devs are considering multiplayer
Consoles for some reason - release on steam in January of next year? Litterally why
There's crew diversity
Ai is retarded - like super retarded
Big blocky robots can get stuck in your 1 person corridors/elevators
Your floors will be littered with auto-defense turrets
The beginning can be a little slow - get yourself fucked and go right into a bad neighborhood

[youtube]5fIVwJch5Ts[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: Genesis Alpha One - It's like Alien unless your retarded

Post by ThanatosRa » #481506

I heard this was good and was looking at it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Re: Genesis Alpha One - It's like Alien unless your retarded

Post by srifenbyxp » #481626

Putting staff in the work station/clone bay is a waste of resources - just do it your self because it's quicker that way. Also build as flat as you possibly can and when you do have to make elevators only do so until you have the security gate. Bonus points if there's decontamination before the gate.

Abuse turrets and shields - put them in refiners and in hallways in front of deposits.

Both the tractor room and hanger bay should have a minimum of 4 turrets when going into bad neighborhoods - very bad neighborhoods should be at least 6 with plenty of shields in front of doors/under floor entrances/tractor circle.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.