Freeware General

Talk about video games here
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Freeware General

Post by Shadowflame909 » #502415

What up /tg/. Some of you bored of SS13? Don't feel like spending any money on the internet? But don't want to pirate either? I got the hook ups. So prepare to enjoy yourself!

1. LF2: Its a popular freeware PC fighting game for Windows and is the sequel to the game to Little Fighter 1 (LF1). LF2 was created by Marti Wong and Starsky Wong in 1999, and released in a long series of updates. Plenty of modded renditions of it and spin-offs. A cult classic since 1999, good to play couch-coop or versus. Also has pretty good online.
DL:http://www.lf2.net/

2. Open Lierox: You wanna play the best freeware edition of worms? You got the best freeware edition of worms. Still being actively played with online and local support. Open Lierox gives you the classic madness of worms with a huge pack of modded fun, that allows you to battle it out in REAL-TIME with any sprite or character you want. I'm talking all the way from goku to kirby.

3. Lemmingball Z: What happens when you combine this piece of media
With this piece of media?
You get a pretty fun game.
Lemmingball Z is a fighting game for linux and windows, loosely based on `Dragonball Z` the hit anime. By loosely based, it means that instead of having the classic DBZ characters fighting. You get these lemmings dressed up as them. This game offers a ton of fun for free, and the best perks about it would have to be:
Destructible 3d terrain
Ability to add your own levels/characters/moves to the game
Multiplayer with 2-4 players online or local
Good old-fashioned Hot-seat play
Slow-motion, like in “The Matrix”
Fancy graphics, like cell-shading and stuff
Netplay, without configuring or hamachi
Stupid AI to practice with
Blood! lots of it!

4. M.U.G.E.N: The great, the legendary. custom fighting game engine. A few pictures wouldn't be enough to describe it at all. Fight any character against any other character. The limitless creativity of an internet custom based fighter has never been seen more thoroughly expanded upon anywhere else. Content is created by the community, and thousands of fighters, both original and from popular fiction, have been created. M.U.G.E.N is ultimately an experience. In all essence, it'd be fan-fiction come to life.
Quality may vary.
DL:https://mugen.fandom.com/wiki/M.U.G.E.N
1.1 Recommended.
Wiki:https://mugen.fandom.com/wiki/The_MUGEN_Database For characters and stages and the like!

5. 7th Stand User: Last but not least. But with tons of bias, the 7th Stand User is a game centered around your self insert Donut Steel entering the plot of Part 3 of Jojos Bizzare Adventure and changing the story itself. This game is designed so that fans who haven't read past Stardust Crusaders can enjoy it without fear of spoilers. Some characters may make appearances, and there are some textual references to later parts, but no significant plot points are revealed. It has tons of content with replay value to the max. I say that it's one of the best ever RPG-Maker games if not the best, and has so much passion and fan-service that official games cant live up too.
DL:https://7thjojo.tumblr.com/post/9820233 ... -7th-stand
Wiki:https://7thjojo.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

Got any more Freeware to share? Or thoughts and comments? Use that post button below!
► Show Spoiler
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Re: Freeware General

Post by SpaceManiac » #502437

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #502469

SpaceManiac wrote:Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters
Spoiler:
load.png
sol.png
melee3.png
Played it. Pretty epic, got destroyed by my first fight with the Ur-Quan. Gonna hopefully upgrade my ship and be ready for them next-time.

You like car game? I got Car-Game. Easy car-game with good maps on PC. Enjoy.

[youtube]s714RoTFF38[/youtube]

DL:https://sourceforge.net/projects/stuntrally/

You want to play Mario-kart on PC? You don't like garfield kart? Well that's lame but there's also this.

[youtube]Lm1TFDBiIIg[/youtube]
DL:https://supertuxkart.net/Main_Page

Last but not least. Another Car-Game. You like tron? Do you like it in 3D? Well there's this. I've played it. It's pretty fun. Was made in 2007 so it should run on any old thing. Has multiple modes as well.
[youtube]LkYmKK3iTig[/youtube]

DL: http://www.armagetronad.org/downloads.php

Ultimately just find some /tg/ boys to play any of these games with. And you'll have a time.

Quality may vary.
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #502473

do emulators count because fightcade is a really cool open source arcade emulator that's primarily built around its netplay capability. once you have it set up it's super easy to use. i've been playing a ton of JoJo HFTF online with it lately
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #502560

Iji

A very old game that came out well over a decade ago. To avoid 10+ year spoilers and to keep it brief, Iji is about a civvie of the titular name getting turned into a nanotech supersoldier with alien technology as a last desperate attempt to fight an alien incursion from an alien race called the Tasen and things keep getting worse...
Notable for having consequences if you are a pacifist or a genocider. Iji starts off very reluctant about the whole killing thing but you can push her into enjoying it if you go out of your way to kill people. Got a small update 2 years ago, along with some remastering of the soundtrack, which is great and you should listen to it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #503642

Shadowflame909 wrote:5. 7th Stand User: Last but not least. But with tons of bias, the 7th Stand User is a game centered around your self insert Donut Steel entering the plot of Part 3 of Jojos Bizzare Adventure and changing the story itself. This game is designed so that fans who haven't read past Stardust Crusaders can enjoy it without fear of spoilers. Some characters may make appearances, and there are some textual references to later parts, but no significant plot points are revealed. It has tons of content with replay value to the max. I say that it's one of the best ever RPG-Maker games if not the best, and has so much passion and fan-service that official games cant live up too.
finally decided to try this after seeing the 40th /v/ thread about it (and because ive got nothing better to do in this airing gap for the part 5 anime right now) and it's really grindy so far, i've only just started it (last big fight was Tower of Gray) but i'm hoping combat becomes a bit more interesting soon. cool thing is since it's an rpg maker game i got it to run on my homebrewed Switch so i can play it while laying down in bed
i got the arm cannon stand thing and my guy looks like josuke
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #503664

Remember to save often and to have multiple save files incase you get into an extreme fuck up.

Or you're going to have to use a save-file editor to keep your run going.

Tis what I did.
► Show Spoiler