What phone games aren't shit?

Talk about video games here
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

What phone games aren't shit?

Post by knacker48 » #520714

I just got a new phone but every fucking game on the app store is a fecking time or money vampire with microtransactions up the ass. Is there any phone games that don't make me feel the cold hand of entropy if I don't pony up the dough?
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: What phone games aren't shit?

Post by teepeepee » #520717

I used to play cardinal quest 2 and it was okay, no need to pay for anything and it isn't too grindy
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #520731

Nebulous if you're into the agario craze.

Some interesting but pretty phone tier games would be any games from Mdickie like Hard Time (Prison Sim), School Days (School version of that with the same mechanics, slighty expanded) and Super City (Superhero Sim version of School Days) many many more.

Also might I recommend crossy road, or the pacman version of it?
► Show Spoiler
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #520733

gameboy or emulating DS games.

Hnefatalf if you have a significant other to play with on the train/bus
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #520747

Top recommendations:
  • Downwell, its so fucking good and is actually perfect on a phone. I would recommend this game on its own regardless of if you are on a phone
  • Super Hexagon is another one and I have similar thoughts about it as I do for the above, but it's a much simpler and shorter game.
Casual ones:
  • Drawception is More of a browser game than a phone game, but it has a dedicated phone interface that works really well. I got really into it for a while. It's basically like the Chinese Whispers game but every other person has to play pictionary with what the last guy told them.
  • Had a friend who was really into Hearthstone and played that on his phone a lot. Never got into it myself but it seems solid
  • I picked up a game called Card City Nights which is pretty interesting but I'm not sure that it's for everyone
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #520815

Girls Frontline and Azure Lane.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #520864

srifenbyxp wrote:Girls Frontline and Azure Lane.
reread the thread title
Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #520880

Favourites of mine:

(CYOAs)
Choice of the Dragon
Choice of Broadsides
Choice of the Vampire (Most elaborate of the three)

(Time-wasters)
Minesweeper
Steppy Pants
► Show Spoiler
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #520942

just emulate some of the good old stuff
you have access to the entire handheld library and psx/n64 probably runs fine too
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #521083

SaveVatznick wrote:gameboy or emulating DS games
Drop ten dollars on a good GBA emulator and play Fire Emblem, that's been getting me through the bus ride to and from work. Just started Lyn Hard Mode (Sain sucks, what kind of knight doesn't even carry a sword).
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #521129

>Paying for emulators
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #521166

Ispiria wrote:
SaveVatznick wrote:gameboy or emulating DS games
Drop ten dollars on a good GBA emulator and play Fire Emblem, that's been getting me through the bus ride to and from work. Just started Lyn Hard Mode (Sain sucks, what kind of knight doesn't even carry a sword).
the lance is a metaphor

Bridge Constructor Portal is good if you like games where you construct bridges
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #521245

d&d on whats app
RiskySikh
Byond Username: RiskySikh

Post by RiskySikh » #524656

Grand Theft Auto Series, if you are into those type of games.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #524663

there was this old flash game turned phone game that i used to play a lot called jellycar that i remember being really fun. i haven't actually played any games on my phone in years and i don't know if it's still around, but i do remember it being good
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #524673

Battle Heart Legacy is a legitimately fun phone game thats on apple store, idk about android.
[this space reserved]
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #524686

the most fun i've had playing a game on a phone was emulating earthbound on my old jailbroken 5s but it drained the battery too quickly
that said i was into archero for a while this year, it has ads and microtransactions but it was fun enough i could ignore that shit
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #524826

RCT Classic [Paid]
So they made a direct port of the orginal Roller Coaster Tycoon for the mobile and its legit good. Controls work well and nothing has been removed, even the original soundtrack and sounds are still intact.

Pixel Dungeon [Free]
A strat/RPG where you take on a classic dungeon diver, very hard and unforgiving. Rouge like.

YAPD (yet another pixel dungeon) [Free]
Based on the above game but modded with some other classes, some extra items and different bosses etc, slightly more playable in that it won't kick your ass constantly and you might have a chance of actually beating it.

Freeways [Free]
Do you like making really janky freeway/motorway intersections? Do you like really rough traffic sims? This game is for you! Its actually pretty fun to draw a line and try to make traffic not come to a gridlock.

Spaceteam [Free/Paid] Multiplayer only
A game where you are part of a bridge crew of an overly complicated space ship. Everyone has an instruction to shout out, but you never have the relevant button on your phone. Its truely manic and very very funny. Best played with 4 people. Works over a wifi network across platforms or via bluetooth if all on the same platform (i.e android or iOX)

Card Wars [Free/Paid]
Another trading card dueling game, this time its adventure time themed (based on one episode where they play the game). Its actually surprisingly good, but its a real battery hog of a game as it uses a lot of processing and screen time. Prepare to loose a lot of battery life and hours to it.

Minecraft [Paid?]
Yeah ok sure, meme's and whatever, the pocket version is actually fairly good and if you have a lot of time on your hands its a good way to waste it. Me and my brother played it taking turns to build stuff whilst we did a long road trip.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #524850

I played jelly car as fucking wiiware
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #524902

Infinitode and Infinitode 2 are fantastic if you enjoy classic tower defense.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #524924

Hacked is fun if you're into programming.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #524945

Robotek is a pretty unique game where you duel other robot master things through strategic use of what is essentially a roulette wheel. It's unique because it's a strategy game that's built almost entirely around luck mitigation and it can absolutely fuck you over with RNG but getting a good fight in can feel awesome.
Spoiler:
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #525002

Pocket mortys
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.