Aurora 4x (How to Conquer Space using Excel)

Talk about video games here
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Aurora 4x (How to Conquer Space using Excel)

Post by tedward1337 » #557618

The dev just dropped a new iteration that is now in C#. This provides a huge amount of changes and quality of life fixes. The game also has been getting updated frequently everyday so maybe now isnt the time to get attached to saves, which makes it a perfect time to start, learn, and git gud. Start removing those alien scum before they even get the chance to send Unintelligible signals your way. You dont need to talk with Aliens, just nuke them.

Create custom research, weapons platforms, ships, stations and more all while having to apply Research labs to unlock technology designed by you

I'll drop some images of in-game screenshots but honestly there isnt much to look at so god speed anyone thinking of climbing this cliff that runs parallel to Dwarf Fortress

This is also a real good time waster, as I've sunk several years and most relationships to git gud but launching a Tungsten MAC round and connecting with an Alien ship makes it all worth it.
Spoiler:
The "Galactic Map" Image What You'll probably spend most of your time looking at Image
Anyways if ppl need help or questions about it answered Ill try and give you the info or point you in the right direction at least.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Re: Aurora 4x (How to Conquer Space using Excel)

Post by TheWiznard » #557645

I keep doing pre ftl even tho I have no idea what i'm doing I get to a different planet then I stop playing lol

also link to c# version please? haven't played in like 3 years anyway
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #557661

The subreddit will usually have people talking about the newest versions: https://old.digg.com/r/aurora/

You can find new versions here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=276.0

The dev had a little fit over modding which was funny. Threatened to make the game private and/or add code to crash modded versions of the game. Seems like he has cooled down though. Really fun game once you get into it, if you can get into it.
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #558321

Would ppl have an interest if I started posting my current playthrough as an interactive RP-Type blog or nah. Cause either way im gonna start and see what I come up with :honkman:
Game Admin
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #558386

tedward1337 wrote:Would ppl have an interest if I started posting my current playthrough as an interactive RP-Type blog or nah. Cause either way im gonna start and see what I come up with :honkman:
thatd be cool
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #559509

tedward1337 wrote:Would ppl have an interest if I started posting my current playthrough as an interactive RP-Type blog or nah. Cause either way im gonna start and see what I come up with :honkman:
do it no balls
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #559571

[youtube]9xhUGGEnJcU[/youtube]
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #559680

Well I think Distant Worlds is better. Aurora is just too slow.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #559683

Lumbermancer wrote:Well I think Distant Worlds is better. Aurora is just too slow.
Distant Worlds is an actual game. Aurora is more like a concept. The more you play it, the more you notice how featureless it is, compared to an actual 4x. Still, its a damn good attempt at a 4x game. Its simplicity allows for designs you would never see in an actual 4x game. Like ships that are 100x bigger than your opponents, or missiles that split into missiles that contain another dozen missiles, because why not? Because of that, its worth playing.

Distant Worlds is definitely still my favourite 4x, though.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #563833

love aurora.

fuckin ridiculous game tho
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #601258

Reviving the dead to post a new map pic of one of my recent campaigns I have ongoing. Despite the games bests efforts to error out or crash on me, I've been able to progress on.

Spoiler:
Game Admin
Spoiler: