Talk about video games here
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Monster Train

Post by TheWiznard » #562933

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1102 ... ter_Train/

Monster Train is a strategic roguelike deck building game with a twist. Set on a train to hell, you’ll use tactical decision making to defend multiple vertical battlegrounds. With real time competitive multiplayer and endless replayability, Monster Train is always on time.

---

Pretty fun deck building game so far, beat it twice atm. about 3 hours total played. It can be sort of hard I noticed but depending on some stuff you do early on its pretty easy in some aspects. A lot of cards are locked until you unlock them which I don't mind but even with the limited default cards I found it pretty easy to win the two times I did. haven't done the covenant (ascension from slay the spire basically) stuff yet though. I see myself really enjoying it as I loved slay the spire. if you liked slay the spire I'd highly recommend it, super fun and its got some multiplayer sort of game modes like a race mode pretty dope. check it out its on sale till june 4th
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Monster Train

Post by PKPenguin321 » #563012

im sure it's mechanically very interesting considering it's being suggested here but jeeeesus that trailer looks is like an ad for one of those shitty mobile games
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563020

its a great game AND FUCK YOU ARMHULEN YOU FUCKING FUCK IM GOING TO FUCKING WRECK YOU JUST YOU WAIT COVENANT THREE AINT SHIT YOU KNOW WHAT I DO ALL FUCKING DAY BECAUSE MY JOB IS LAME AND IM WORKING REMOTE THATS RIGHT I PLAY FUCKING MONSTER TRAIN AND IM TRAINING TO RAM MY MONSTER FUCKING DONG UP YOUR CABOOSE FUCKING PANSIEASS AWOKEN SWINGINING MOTHERFUCKER YOU ARE FUCKING DONE GET OUT GO HOME ID BET MY FUCKING DICK ON IT I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO RIGHT NOW OTHER THAN DO MY JOB AND FUCK IF IM GONNA DO THAT SHIT WHEN I COULD BE JAMME SENTIENT SPIKES UP YOUR URETHRA GODDAMN IM MAD
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #563025

Stickymayhem wrote:its a great game AND FUCK YOU ARMHULEN YOU FUCKING FUCK IM GOING TO FUCKING WRECK YOU JUST YOU WAIT COVENANT THREE AINT SHIT YOU KNOW WHAT I DO ALL FUCKING DAY BECAUSE MY JOB IS LAME AND IM WORKING REMOTE THATS RIGHT I PLAY FUCKING MONSTER TRAIN AND IM TRAINING TO RAM MY MONSTER FUCKING DONG UP YOUR CABOOSE FUCKING PANSIEASS AWOKEN SWINGINING MOTHERFUCKER YOU ARE FUCKING DONE GET OUT GO HOME ID BET MY FUCKING DICK ON IT I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO RIGHT NOW OTHER THAN DO MY JOB AND FUCK IF IM GONNA DO THAT SHIT WHEN I COULD BE JAMME SENTIENT SPIKES UP YOUR URETHRA GODDAMN IM MAD
seriously have you considered not being a dirt grovelling 2nd covenanter
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #563719

Armhulen wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:its a great game AND FUCK YOU ARMHULEN YOU FUCKING FUCK IM GOING TO FUCKING WRECK YOU JUST YOU WAIT COVENANT THREE AINT SHIT YOU KNOW WHAT I DO ALL FUCKING DAY BECAUSE MY JOB IS LAME AND IM WORKING REMOTE THATS RIGHT I PLAY FUCKING MONSTER TRAIN AND IM TRAINING TO RAM MY MONSTER FUCKING DONG UP YOUR CABOOSE FUCKING PANSIEASS AWOKEN SWINGINING MOTHERFUCKER YOU ARE FUCKING DONE GET OUT GO HOME ID BET MY FUCKING DICK ON IT I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO RIGHT NOW OTHER THAN DO MY JOB AND FUCK IF IM GONNA DO THAT SHIT WHEN I COULD BE JAMME SENTIENT SPIKES UP YOUR URETHRA GODDAMN IM MAD
seriously have you considered not being a dirt grovelling 2nd covenanter
hes still only on covenant 5 lol sad meanwhile covenant 8 is getting closer after two wins in a row
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #563905

shit i gotta catch up (my problem is that i keep doing full random clans)
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #563916

my all time fav combo is melting hellhorned but I do like doing melting random, def my favorite combo is melting whatever though. I used to like umbra but melting has really won me over lately.
I won one run using melting umbra by reburning or whatever my cards but I had a mighty miner morsel for 0 holdover where I placed in front of a morsel duper into either my unique or gorger thing that gets like 1 perma dmg for eating 1 morsel
I could get the mighty miner up to like 30 damage before boss waves and watched it last hit a few bosses lol pretty funny.

my tips for melting runs tho is if you have the option between burnout 3 or reform that is your golden run type zone. first pick burnout 3, then reform, then burnout. then remove as many cards as you can until you either get molded or the consumable reform kit that does 2, I prefer molded cause its easier to find holdover than unconsume modifier imo. then get whatever unit, used to use the 30/4 warrior but lately been using imps or other melting units. pretty fun either way.

my last run hope I can finish after writing this without dying, I have get 5 gold when a unit dies relic, then I have the 2 cost melting unit that splits into 2 wax guards that split into 2 more wax guards thing so 1/2/4 units for 4 unit space. which on its own after giving it multistrike or something can easily kill the boss on the first floor or even before it even is the boss wave the bosses that fly up and down.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #563926

[url]monstertrain://runresult/36391ae2-b95c-493f-b014-4c150760c521[/url]

[url]monstertrain://challenge/CrashLodgingDelayed[/url]
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #563942

I had a run where i managed to get the relic that converts all card costs into 0-3 energy at the start, and i drafted the 10-cost horned unit after the first fight. Boosted it with multistrike then cloned it every chance i had, fastest win i've ever got
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #564184

covenant 10 woot
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #564226

XDTM wrote:I had a run where i managed to get the relic that converts all card costs into 0-3 energy at the start, and i drafted the 10-cost horned unit after the first fight. Boosted it with multistrike then cloned it every chance i had, fastest win i've ever got
yeah, the consumer of crowns is alright if you can go full imps but what really makes him shine is cheating him out in various ways (plan artifact that dumps things on mid floor, randomize cost artifact you mentioned, etc)
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #564229

oh god oh fuck
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #564427

my new favorite event from caverns is the mechanic lady having the spider bots that have 1x1 multistrick and when they die they add a copy to your discard pile, well be me melting main, extingush them like 10 times during a battle, then after the battle lady comes back upgrades all the copies in your hand to have +10 damage but no more add copies to your deck, oh seraph? you think you can defeat me? meet a 7 capacity room full of 50x2 damage spider 1cap cost mobs bitch