cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Talk about video games here
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Post by Wyzack » #191228

Bottom post of the previous page:

I never realized how badly i want a Captain Falcon martial art in this game until this very moment

EDIT: U fuckers got me back in to this game now i will never conquer the old world. Playing a SWAT officer on a super dangerous world with lots of wilderness expanse. Looting the edges of a town trying to find a goddamn backpack so i can loot the guns i found in a basement. Also got a lucky combat knife, zombies get rekt by my Krav Maga now. SWAT armor is incredibly powerful early game, i would recommend the class to anyone struggling to get a start.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #191237

Wolf lady is jabbing for 30+ damage
This is retarded.

I punched a brute so hard it flew backwards and smashed a window open.

When your strength gets high enough you can build a homewrecker and just smash through walls like the kool-aid man. Fuck your ID's and hacking computers. I see some bionics behind a glass wall, I'm just caving that shit in.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191241

Found a lab report that had plans for this in it

http://cdda.estilofusion.com/diamond_katana

I haven't built it (yet...?) but something about this is just fucking hilarious. FOLDED DIAMONDS HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191243

An0n3 wrote: When your strength gets high enough you can build a homewrecker and just smash through walls like the kool-aid man. Fuck your ID's and hacking computers. I see some bionics behind a glass wall, I'm just caving that shit in.
We call that a "hardware bypass".
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191244

To make a diamond katana (or diamond anything, you can make most swords diamond edged) you need a whole shitload of refined hydrogen and a CDV machine i think it is called. They are in the finales for some ice labs, and are usually surrounded by killbots. Destroying the bots without causing an exposion that damages the machine can be a little tricky
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #191254

Time to start playing this again
Fuck.

Laser/plasma weapons exist in this game yeh?
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191256

Yes, and once you have the proper bionic set up they are wildly overpowered and ammo will never be a concern. finding them is rather difficult though, a rare lab finale is as far as i know the only place.

Does anyone know if the NPC questlines have been at all unfucked in the last 4 months or so?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191258

Regular laser pistols aren't THAT rare; if you're lucky you can find one in a gun shop or a crazy prepper basement armory. They're sort of a pain in the ass to power, though, and in my experience they're not even as strong as a .22 pistol. I guess they're quieter, though, so there's that.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191264

If you can get the UPS bionic and the torsion ratchet they become a lot more useful. Being able to pew pew just for walking around is good.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #191265

Wyzack wrote:I never realized how badly i want a Captain Falcon martial art in this game until this very moment

EDIT: U fuckers got me back in to this game now i will never conquer the old world. Playing a SWAT officer on a super dangerous world with lots of wilderness expanse. Looting the edges of a town trying to find a goddamn backpack so i can loot the guns i found in a basement. Also got a lucky combat knife, zombies get rekt by my Krav Maga now. SWAT armor is incredibly powerful early game, i would recommend the class to anyone struggling to get a start.
[youtube]x8Cob3ief1U[/youtube]
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191267

Torsion ratchet is the best Goddamn power source, though in my experience it's 1. really damn hard to install, and 2. it's better as a backup source, since it doesn't recharge fast at all. If you can use it as a backup to something more rapid-charging like the battery system it's handy, but if you rely on it alone you might find your bionics without power at some crucial moments.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191269

I wonder if Metabolic Interchange is worth it.
Or the plasma arm, for that.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191270

Alcoholic cyborg best cyborg. I chug whiskey and turn that shit into LASERS
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191271

Ethanol burner is good IF you have the Blood Filter and Leukocyte breeder system to use with it.

Chug a ton of booze -> Blood filter the inebriation away -> Leukocyte to bring your health back up so you don't get sick from alcohol abuse.

I had one of those (Ethanol burner) but botched the installation. I do have the internal combustion engine though, which allows you to smash furniture and then eat all of it for power. Comes in super handy.

Another thing I have?

Almost two gallons of more mutagen.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191275

DemonFiren wrote:I wonder if Metabolic Interchange is worth it.
It's handy, but, like the torsion ratchet, it's slow. If you've got food to spare it's definitely worth it as a backup.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #191277

Literally Bender
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191278

You want Bender, grab the Internal Furnace.
As well as that alcohol processing aug.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #191279

Fucking furries

If you want to remeber why Lupine is wolf, just remember "Loup" from French means wolf. Or something wolf-like.
Fuck France
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191281

>french
>not latin

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191289

I actually want to eventually chug a bunch of purifier to get out of this awful life, then start over again with alpha mutagen/serum. I can't seem to find any alpha mutagen or the recipes for it, though.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191292

Is alpha the one that makes you sorta-superhuman? And for that matter, what the hell is medical mutagen?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191294

medical mutagen is pretty shit right now, i just think it is thematically cool. You brew it from prescription medication and hardcore drugs. Mostly just gives you crazy pain tolerance. I think it should give you some wolverine level regeneration with the right mutations but when last i checked only plant mutagen has the superfast healing, which is pretty fucking dumb.

Alpha is basically ubermench serum. Super strong, very charismatic, leader of man, asskicking machine types. Pretty bland but still very human
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #191297

Wyzack wrote:You are sneaky but also have shouter. So much for stealth
no no no,
he mastered the art of sneaking up behind a npc then screaming at the top of his lungs, blowing their ear drums out and putting them into cardiac arrest from the shock

its a good strat m8
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191303

My hearing is so good and my RV's engine is so enormous it deafens me for a moment whenever I start it up.

I made it through my first year! Hooray. I'm exploring another science lab in early spring and it's fucking frosty down there, so I'm walking around in the dark wrapped up in a blanket shooting shit with my AK. It's pretty fucking hilarious if you think about it. Wolf lady just calmly shuffling around with a blanket wrapped tight around herself, kicking doors open and blowing away everything inside...then shuffling down the hall to the next room.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191305

Like this, plus gun
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191306

Basically.

ALSO HOLY SHIT YOU CAN USE THE RAILGUN CBM TO FIRE KATANAS AND FIRE AXES AT PEOPLE

THEN USE THE MAGNETIC ONE TO GET THEM BACK

SSWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEET JESUS

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH DAMAGE THE HOMEWRECKER DOES WHEN YOU FIRE IT AT SOMEONE LIKE A FUCKING CANNON!?

EDIT: just found a fedora, a guy fawkes mask, a linux t-shirt, and a pair of cargo shorts in a pile. my fucking sides RNG holy shit

the only way this could've been better is if it had a pair of sandals and socks
or if the game had new balance sneakers in it

DOUBLE EDIT: The fedora fits me now I know why there's a hotkey for suicide
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #191307

The game needs heelies tbh
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191308

I generally play with 91 day seasons for MUH REELISM
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191309

You can already skate around and be really fast on roads but then get fucked once you fall down
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191321

The open sourced really shows when the changelog in the most recent version is just a massive several page long wall of text
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191325

>be freezing my ass off inna lab
>open door
>see this
>nope the fuck out
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191327

What are the es supposed to be? I use tilesets.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191329

THE HAAAAACKS
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
XSI

Post by XSI » #191334

Close the door
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191339

That room is a literal meatgrinder. It is a shame explosives are so garbage, would be an easy way to clear them all out. The only real way to deal with that fucking mess other than avoiding it is to go in there with really good armor and a melee weapon that you are incredibly skilled with. Those things can be a bitch to hit.

Actually if you could find a grenadehack or a c4hack that would probably take out a good chunk of em
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #191340

>use tilesets
>have no idea what 40 green e's are
>just assume theyre memey levels of ants

its just ants fam, throw a grenade in there.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191341

>ants
Try memehacks.

Also, explosives aren't exactly fun.
Rooms like that one make you wish for portable turrets, though.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191342

They are manhacks, like from half life two. Pretty much the evicerators that nuke ops get. A flying bot that is essentially a bunch of swirling blades. Not terribly damaging, but they are really hard to hit out of the air and just a handful of them can easily shred you to pieces
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191346

Now that I think about it, sounds like skeet shooting time.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191349

They're evasive little bastards (though, inexplicably, it's easier to shoot flying small things than whack them), plus being made of metal they're decently durable. In the time it'd take to shoot two of them down there'd be five up in his face.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191351

If he can lure them into a doorway he could take them three at a time. If he had a one tile wide hallway nearby he could fight them one at a time
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191352

They hit and run a lot. You can focus on one at a time but there will be a dozen others mutilating you while you try.

I just closed the door and went elsewhere. Found another city to go explore.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191359

I started a SWAT officer during my lunch break, with only minimal cheese (double starting points, but most of that was spent on the class itself). Starting with guns feels cheap somehow--I've probably beaten more zombies to death with my pistol than I have shot because I don't want to bring a horde down on myself in the first day.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191361

Guns are good to have in a pinch/when the horde shows up to your stronghold but the noise they make is a huge fucking liability, especially early game.

Also awl pikes = god mode. Seriously they make the game so fucking easy it is unbelievable.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #191368

It's all fun and games until you're running into labs, opening a door right into a turret that just unloads on you.

Operator Zombies are no joke either, they use martials arts bullshit on you to keep trying to knock you to the ground, and even smacking them around in hand to hand can cause damage to you from shocks.

...and it's fucking freezing cold so you need to layer up like crazy. All this so you can keep looting stupid clothing items and other mundane bullshit. Whee!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191370

Not all labs are ice labs. That is a very specific and annoying type. Assuming you have any key cards left i would just go find a different one to explore.

Also turret GGNORE is fucking lame, but you can usually tell if there is a turret behind a door because the door will be lit up like there is light on the other side
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #191375

Just wear power armour to protect against the cold? If you can even find light power armour it's still pretty decent for weather resistance.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #191381

Cant you just

I don't know
Open the door from a diagonal and not get shot?
Use the wall as cover?

I forgot how bullets work in this
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #191389

The problem with opening the door from an angle is that you might not be able to see far enough into the room then, and basically if you move into a targetable square while the turret can see you you're gonna get blasted a dozen times.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191404

Found a wolf suit and wore it since it was cold. Thought it would've been a funny image since I wore a trenchcoat on top of it and was killing zombies.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #191408

Why does time pass so quickly with you just moving around? I spawned in a police station and walked a few rl minutes before I killed myself because I fucked up my build and it said I had gone a full season. Does it always say that if you've been alive shorter than a seasons length?

Edit: Also tfw you're climbing through a broken window and poke your eye
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote: