cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Talk about video games here
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Post by srifenbyxp » #61778

You just can't, think of dwarf fortress except you can't cheat death by slicing off limbs and slowly strangle some one and watch as their eyes roll to the back of their head like they're getting a good dicking. There's a good number of mods for the game and tilesets but god dam, I have no clue on what the fuck to do until a horde of zombie gang bangs me or robo cop fucking tases my ass as im running away from a lightning zombie. Until you managed to find armor and craft a decent weapon you'll find yourself doing this alot because god dam son even cheating this game is hard.

There's guns, nippon steel, cars, power suits and other neat stuff. Break open doors and windows and cry as zombies ruin your innocence when you try to jump over a table.

[youtube]f782J1pg6JE[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Post by Remie Richards » #61788

We used to have a thread about this back on the Erro forums.
Wonder why noone made one here.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #61797

I have a series of instructional videos I created for people who want to play this game. They're semi-informative. They're kind of outdated.

The hardest part of the game is the first day. You need to find something that allows you to smash zombie faces or git gud at some kind of hand-to-hand combat ASAP or else you'll die trying to forage.

Be super careful about what kind of clothing you wear. Encumbrance will kill you. Your legs and torso encumbrance are a negative penalty to dodging attacks while your arms and hands encumbrance are a negative penalty to landing melee hits. If you've gotten gud, your arm encumbrance is also a negative penalty to block attacks.

Thusly, tailoring is a fucking god-tier skill because it allows you to adjust clothing items so they don't encumber you, enabling you to gain their protective benefits, their exposure resistance, their warmth, and their bonuses to carrying capacity without getting fucked over and turning into a walking punching bag.

Do not wear heavy armor until you're at ridiculously late end game and your skills allow you to get over the encumbrance penalties. Putting on a kevlar vest or something early in the game before you've practiced your combat skills will lead to a slow death.

In the begining you should wear clothes in the order of Denim -> Leather -> Army. Don't wear anything heavier than Army. Don't wear anything that encumbers you more than a regular backpack (the rucksack and duffel bag will, again, get you killed if you try to use them early in the game). As a rule of thumb don't ever let anything get encumbered more than -3 until you're a combat monster who can slaughter everything anyway.

Be on the prowl for free storage items. Fanny packs, holsters, etc. These give you carrying capacity without encumbering you at all. You can craft certain items as well. Be on the lookout for items that give storage but don't occupy an equip location. These are the things I'm talking about.

If you can get a shopping cart congratulations you just won the fucking game. Go forth and be the post apocalyptic hobo you've always wanted to be.

Cheap early weapons if you can't find shit:
Spray can flamethrower
Molotov coctails
Pipe (smash a locker in the evac shelter)
Makeshift knife (smash a locker for scrap, get a rock to use as a hammer, shred something for rags)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #61827

Early game encumbering loot bags make sense if you are smart and drop them at the first sign of trouble when scavenging. There is no reason to not hoard containers save for maybe the understanding it makes things harder for new PCs.

Armor also makes sense in some situations even when you lack the skills for it, because once things getting a bit more intense you are looking at more than a buise from a zombie slapping you, but in general yeah lighter is better.

Guns are extremely powerful and useful.... as an "OH SHIT" button. Don't ever fire one unless you will surely die if you don't, and run like hell once you do. But make no mistake, you will really need firearms to do some higher end raids, and in many places where guns are strictly speaking required you will not attract zombies.

The shovel is the most powerful item in the game, with it and a tent you become nearly immune to being ambushed at camp, I have never seen anything that flies cut the tent and anything that walks will die if you spend a day or two creating a multi-layered pit system with removable planks. With a gun and a shovel you can also really easily clear out a town by creating a series of traps and then using the gun to make a ton of noise.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #61846

I create a new world for each PC when I play them. The game updates so rapidly when a character dies you should start a new game with the latest version anyway.

The shovel is pretty decent as a utility item and a weapon but the entrenching tool is strictly better if you just want to dig. I would say the sewing kit is the most powerful item in the game for the ridiculous benefits to your character it can provide. When you're wearing a full army outfit with boots that's all been fitted and reinforced you become very resilient to damage and can use the zombie hordes and a convenient bottleneck in a smashed window to practice whatever melee skill you want at your own leisure.

The shovel is handy but there's enough debris and shit scattered around the city to trip zombies up on already that I don't find a lot of need to dig my own traps.

Camping is so outdated. Get an RV and live life on the road. Nobody uses tents anymore.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #61861

Im currently living in an APC I found on the road. Looted a nearby town and got a FUCK ton of weapons/ammo/books. The APC is south of a farm, so thats nice. Im renovating the inside, and hopefully am going to turn it into a mobile RV when I can. Just need duct tape or welding tools/goggles.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #61907

Man all of my habits and shit on this game are outdated as fuck. Like, I mostly played when there wasn't static spawn, so I had the ability to actually loot towns without clearing them out first - just run like a fucking madman periodically.

I'm still pretty mad that molotovs - the go-to panic button as I recall them - are so fucking hard to make now, because the crafting menu is all fiddly and stupid about requiring a different bottle if you don't have exactly enoughspin booze or whatever horseshit fuck.

I'm ALSO mad about how dogs and shit are like, literally impossible to hit. It's pretty fucking annoying.

Also I hate smashing up the safehouse and like never do it because I'm retarded I guess.

Also I hate the myriad changes they've made to turrets that make it fucking impossible for me to just set up a bunch (totally debug spawned in) on my perimeter and just never worry about shit fucking with my base camp. Acid rain kills them, I have to fuck around with ammo (which is horrible because they spray like a trillion bullets to kill one zombie), laser turrets that DON'T use ammo don't fucking work if I roof them, apparently there's no vehicle-mounted laser that I can use with solar panels and a battery... mutations, awesome crafting, mega death armored van truck adventures, artifacts, guns, plowing through zombie hordes with a broadsword, I can't get to any of that cool shit because I'm stuck sleeping in an abandoned car five miles out of town, starving and dehydrated, hoping a billion wolves or a zoose or a horde doesn't find me. ESPECIALLY the first, because they inexplicably hover around me until they nat 1 five times in a row and aggro on me, despite my taking the Disney Princess 'gets along with wildlife' perk. And since they're dogs, they're inpossible to fucking hit.

Then again, I've never been able to panickedly spin out my car while it was raining,and then back over a Tank repeatedly in other games, so.
Last edited by Balut on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #61911

Cover it in spikes and go mad max.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #61914

>build a fukken mobile military base
>drive it around at sound speed
>crash into gas station

11/10 If it only had better graphics.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #61969

>Dogs have hit and run tactics

The fuck is this, guerrilla warfare?
Game Admin
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #61971

I once had a character who was pretty well off, had some good mutations and some guns and shit. He also had a truck, this is important.
One day I was driving my truck around when I wasn't paying attention pressing the down key. Turns out there was a fucking building and I noticed it far too late for the heavy ass truck to move out of the way of it. Cue me crashing into the building, jumping out MID FUCKING CRASH whilst the building was burning, breaking both of my legs and only having like 2 clips of ammo for my AK and the whole map being alerted to me being there due to the noise created.

Only took 200 zombies to kill me.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #61987

I remember reading what An0n3 said about the game and got into it on the old forum.

It's super fucking fun addictive shit, but cougars and wolves are OP as fuck early on. Easiest wildlife to kill for its meat is a bear.

Kill a bear and you're set for life. Shittiest thing you can do is turn on other humans.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #62013

I could stream this tonight if you guys want to ride along with the pro.

I will show you the ways to be robust.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #62014

"For your whole life you've been forbidden from indulging in your peculiar tastes. Now the world's ended, and you'll be damned if anyone is going to tell you you can't eat people."

It's literally easiest meat ever, also comes with useful drops.

Also i wish there was multiplayer on this thing.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #62024

Human meat is pretty rare.

If you're talking about eating zombie meat that's a horrible, horrible idea. You're incredibly likely to get sick and you're better off using it to make mutagen and zombie pheromones anyway. Butchering zombies is also great because it's free survival skill practice.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #62030

An0n3 wrote:Human meat is pretty rare.

If you're talking about eating zombie meat that's a horrible, horrible idea. You're incredibly likely to get sick and you're better off using it to make mutagen and zombie pheromones anyway. Butchering zombies is also great because it's free survival skill practice.
I run into other survivors a lot, and there is usually at least one in starting bunker.
Also there is a mutation for eating Zombie meat.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #62082

An0n3 wrote:I could stream this tonight if you guys want to ride along with the pro.

I will show you the ways to be robust.
Hell yeah

I'll be a shitty DM and watch while I'm running my Pathfinder game
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #62102

Word. I'll blast Nuclear Throne music in the background and get this setup.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #62104

Skorvold wrote:
It's super fucking fun addictive shit, but cougars and wolves are OP as fuck early on.
Bruh you serious? I got attacked by 3 wolves and bashed them to death with my baton and this is before I figured out how to reload my 3 guns. Malls have alot of shit in them.

Also A DAM SHAME NO ONE KNOWS WHAT LINK TO CLICK TO SEE WUT STREAM
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #62188

My best run I ended up as a hard as fuck Lizard man, snout lizard eyes and massive tail, the whole nine yards. I had a 44 magnum, wore a leather trenchcoat, chain smoked cigarettes and drove a tricked out motorcycle. I had cybernetics out the ass too. Ended up leaving it after i raided a bunch science labs and got bored. How much has the game changed in 7 months, i wanna get back in to it. Might make another badass lizard man
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #62191

started game walked outside got buttfucked by wild dogs while 2 zombies stood around and watched, presumably laughing at my misfortune
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #62192

i need a tileset but for some reason this game makes me want to make a new hellmoo account

god hellmoo is fucking awful
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #62195

This is actual the first game i was ever able to play full ASCII, the tilesets are fucking so bad for this game. And this is coming from a guy who uses tilesets to play DF
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #62199

I talked a lot of shit about being a pro at this but got slaughtered repeatedly by my own stupidity.

Personal highlight: toss up between throwing a Granade at myself (I thought it was good!) and getting killed by an NPC over a can of fucking clam chowder.

Eskrima wielding buff ass tailor is still my go to character though.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #62200

An0n3 wrote: Personal highlight: toss up between throwing a Granade at myself (I thought it was good!) and getting killed by an NPC over a can of fucking clam chowder.
Grenade jumping is for Halo
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #62301

I think he meant GRANADE, which is an ebin inside joke about one of the main contributors whos last name is Granade. They esentially have a chance to buff all your stats like cazy, spawn a bunch of tough enemies, or completely dick you over by wrecking your stats.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #62303

Also how in the sweet fuck do they release 3-4 new versions of the game every day? I just imagine the game is coded by a team of 6 basement dwelling wizards who take shifts sleeping and eating so development never actually pauses.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #62311

Wyzack wrote:Also how in the sweet fuck do they release 3-4 new versions of the game every day? I just imagine the game is coded by a team of 6 basement dwelling wizards who take shifts sleeping and eating so development never actually pauses.
this supports my theory that everything in the universe needs an opposite to maintain balance, these guys are what balances chucklefish
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #62312

You are making me want to play this game.

Bad people.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #62316

Do it! One of my absolute favorite roguelikes! Not to mention the car creation is completely open ended and awesome, you can make completely custom vehicles. Also they just added a police detective class complete with fedora and trenchcoat so i can play my favourite spaceman in the apocalypse.
Ricotez wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Also how in the sweet fuck do they release 3-4 new versions of the game every day? I just imagine the game is coded by a team of 6 basement dwelling wizards who take shifts sleeping and eating so development never actually pauses.
this supports my theory that everything in the universe needs an opposite to maintain balance, these guys are what balances chucklefish
Absolutely rekt. Arent we like 11 months without a stable update now? THINK AND FAST
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #62326

Spreading my scalefaggotry to it posthaste, then.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #62337

A heads up, becoming a lizard mutant is fucking super hard to do. You need to max out a few crafting skills, find some rare books, find a shitload of lizard eggs which are super rare, and then craft a ton of lizard mutagen and hope the RNG doesnt dick you over with bad mutations. Robust Genetics trait helps
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #62367

Can't raptors scalefag, too, though? Or is that even harder?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #62372

As far as i know raptor is even harder than lizard, with more possible nasty bad mutations in the pool. Not positive though, raptor was integrated right around when i stopped playing
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #62387

Well, time to get this thing moving regardless.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kot

Post by Kot » #62395

Or just use debug mode to give yourself scaly shit like dirty lizard cheater you are.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #62403

I was a pussy and made zombies spawn after 24 hours giving me time to learn shit. I now have a car filled with guns and ammo which has a dead battery when I drove into town.
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #62406

Be a fucking tailor holy shit.

1 point gets you 4 skill points in tailoring, starts you out with a sewing kit, some thread, and some scissors.

You can immediately smash windows, cut up the drapes, and craft all kinds of better shit for yourself. Backpack and a reinforced trenchcoat yes please. Everything fitted. Glorious.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #62408

Yeah, tailoring is suprisingly robust.
Makes sense actually. Because fighting with loose pants would be hell.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #62412

Even just layering a reinforced shirt and a reinforced trenchcoat lets you shrug off a surprising number of zombie bites and claws.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #62420

Kot wrote:Or just use debug mode to give yourself scaly shit like dirty lizard cheater you are.
Please, I want to pretend to have a challenge.

The glorious reptilian master race requires work to change into.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #62429

I got a trenchcoat(fits) from some house in town, I went downstairs and I shit you not there was a civilian armoury just waiting to be looted. I got a fuck ton of guns and ammo. My personal favorite was the autoshotgun. The thing was basically an AK that fired shotgun rounds. Heavily modified it with parts I found in that house.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #62431

Gun nut basements are the shit. I reccomend setting up your base in a basement if you can find one in a realitivly secure location. Bonus points if you can build a wood stove down there for all your crafting needs
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #62433

Meanwhile, the shelter I spawned in turned out to be far emptier than the wiki advertised.

This is going to be a fun first time.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #62435

They are usually empty, smash apart the benches and lockers to craft some basic gear like a makeshift crowbar and a two-by-sword
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Kot

Post by Kot » #62443

There is a world gen setting for that i think. Set it to max and whole basement is covered with 4-5 layers deep blanket of items, just as every building ever.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #62458

Got lucky, shelter full of tons of shit, including two medkits and more food than I could carry.

Also two zombies. Today I Learned: How to Butcher.
Today I Also Learned: Dogs really are awful.
Furthermore: Krav Maga is robust.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #62465

Hideous loud guns.

Glorious bows.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #62479

Krav Maga was really op, not sure if it has been balanced at all. Also be sure to butcher/pulp every corpse unless you want them to come back
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #62488

What is this "Mi Go" monster?
Game Admin
Spoiler: