Post by TheWiznard » #389397

Bottom post of the previous page:

[youtube]hwaQHZaVtBQ[/youtube]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Post by Timbrewolf » #389700

Reminder if you use a tileset you will always be bad at this game.

Make Pemmican sometimes, mostly granola. Sausages are/were a great food item at one point too (might still be). When using perishables like fresh meat to make food be sure to look at the return you are getting for hunger/portions with the food you are creating eg. Beef Jerky is actually fucking awful don't make it.

Not sure if they ever "fixed" it but last time I was playing throwing something out of your inventory cost barely any TU = if you made like two dozen throwing knives and GOT GUD with them you could machine-gun fire them at anything that tried to get near you and obliterate it then automatically pick them all back up as you looted the corpse. Actual fucking ZA WARUDO bullshit going on. Even better with strength boosting bionics, the railgun biotic, and the magnetic attractor biotic.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #389818

I dont use tilesets.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #389883

i'm using tilesets now just to be contrarian
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #389890

I like the feel of ascii but tilesets have grown on me, it feels a lot more natural and looks better to me.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #390373

I found a refugee center and theres people inside! They gave me missions to kill stuff. I put a machine gun on my bicycle to kill thingz.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #391447

Trying something I dont usually do and making a house to live in. Fortified a cabin I found and have constructed fermenting vat for booze and a well for water and am working on growing some CROPS. Next I'm gonna finish reading my high level electronics and chemistry books and then make a cart with an electric forge in it so when I wanna make metal stuff I can.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #391469

Played around again.

Filthy clothing is fucking cancer, what a terrible addition to the game. Makes you need two fairly rare items (soap + washboard) and causes you to burn through a precious resource (water) just so you can start crafting clothing and shit from all the zombies you've been slaughtering. Makes the early game that much more dependent on RNG blessing you with good clothing + a backpack of some sort by preventing you from just making the shit yourself.

In the past I've ranted often about how the game doesn't seem to have any concept of balance and the lead just lets anyone piss directly into the code that feels like it and this is pretty concrete proof of that.

I crack up looking through the mods list and seeing how many mods there are to REMOVE features and items from the game. Thankfully someone else has already gone through the trouble of making a mod that removes the FILTH.

The minimap showing enemies and highlighting the hostile ones is a cool new feature. One actual improvement to the game since I last played it. Someone did something right.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #391472

Yeah I play with -filth and -npc hunger as my mods of choice as well as +advanced nutrition cuz I love nutrients
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #391650

Soap and detergent are real common in bathrooms and sometimes grocery stores. Bleach can be found copiously in any laundromat. You can also craft a washboard with one 2x4 and a cutting tool, which makes 'em real easy to get - just smash some wooden furniture for the 2x4 and cut it up. I never find myself washing clothing all that much or even at all on some saves, but the materials aren't rare at all. Water really isn't uncommon, unless you have swamps, rivers etc. disabled; a single water tile yields an infinite amount.

As for clothes, tailoring is your friend. Break a couch or bed, or cut up some sheets and you'll have more rags than you know what to do with. Making a trenchcoat and cargo pants is always priority one on a new save, and you can do it with materials from the shelter. Putting two points in tailoring pays for itself immediately.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #391681

Xhuis is correct
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #392207

doublepost but
>take off boots to put on rollerblades
>"you cannot put multiple shoe items on"
>ok fine ill put my boots back on
>"you cannot put multiple shoe items on"

nigga what
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #392414

Xhuis wrote:Soap and detergent are real common in bathrooms and sometimes grocery stores. Bleach can be found copiously in any laundromat. You can also craft a washboard with one 2x4 and a cutting tool, which makes 'em real easy to get - just smash some wooden furniture for the 2x4 and cut it up. I never find myself washing clothing all that much or even at all on some saves, but the materials aren't rare at all. Water really isn't uncommon, unless you have swamps, rivers etc. disabled; a single water tile yields an infinite amount.

As for clothes, tailoring is your friend. Break a couch or bed, or cut up some sheets and you'll have more rags than you know what to do with. Making a trenchcoat and cargo pants is always priority one on a new save, and you can do it with materials from the shelter. Putting two points in tailoring pays for itself immediately.
Not every map start is guaranteed to be near a stream or swamp. I seldom ever see one until after I've already got a vehicle setup and start roaming.
>it's not a problem when you sink two of your starting points into a skill
Do you not see the issue with that? You aren't solving the problem with filthy clothing you're spending your skill points to just skip over it and not have to bootstrap tailoring from 0 and deal with that shit.

Anyway

Throwing is still the most OP skill in the gaddam game what the shit. Costs like 124 movement or so to hurl a random object into an enemies face and regularly hit 60+ damage crits at low skill. Pick up a bunch of rocks and just throw them at the shelter walls or the tile next to you until you have Throwing 2 and then go forth and destroy everything. Throwing sticks if you have the recipe in your build. If something runs up to you and starts slapping your shit even point-blank I find it more damaging than melee combat to just keep throwing shit in their face.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #392416

Like I fucked up my letter binds and was accidentally throwing shotgun shells at things and still destroying them.

It's stupid. Word is they are going to nerf it somehow in the next stable build, but who knows when that will be.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #392428

I think kevin just has a caveman fetish considering how strong throwing and archery is
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #392432

unga bunga
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #392477

ok so how do i go about moving a fridge
i assume you'd either need high str to just drag that shit or a high enough construction to build it from components you smash
speaking of construction whats a good way to grind it so i can build a fucking brazier
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #392478

IIRC you keep building random stupid pieces of furniture and then deconstructing them to make them again and again and again.

I remember one game I was building a bunch of chairs, ripping up and rebuilding random floors and ceilings, shit like that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #392481

You can't make fridges, only car compartment mini coolers
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #392499

D&B wrote:You can't make fridges, only car compartment mini coolers
how do you make those/what are the requirements? i just need a place to put all this perishable shit im looting
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #393423

Here ya go!

http://cdda-trunk.chezzo.com/minifridge

Not an item you can currently craft, but you can find them in RV's, food carts, randomly in hardware stores, etc, and then install them either into a vehicle or into a frame you are using at a base to have power and stuff.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #393424

Pro-tip:

If you are getting comfy in a house some place as part of your construction efforts build two vehicles:

Vehicle one: It's just a bunch of frames but you load it with batteries and solar cells.

Vehicle two: put all the RV amenities on it. Kitchen unit, Foodco unit, chemistry unit, minifridge. Put a light of some kind of there as well.

You can position vehicle two by dragging it inside the house adjacent to a wall with a window (whether it's been broken open or not). Then drag vehicle one around outside so it's on the other side of the wall, and run a jumper cable between the two of them through the window.

Tada. You now have a super sweet nigh-infinite-power crafting table setup and reading lamp indoors without having to build long ungainly vehicles or leave yourself exposed to the outside. You can even close and board up the window, the power will continue to run through it anyway. Don't question it. Shit's magic.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #393428

Timbrewolf wrote:
Xhuis wrote:Soap and detergent are real common in bathrooms and sometimes grocery stores. Bleach can be found copiously in any laundromat. You can also craft a washboard with one 2x4 and a cutting tool, which makes 'em real easy to get - just smash some wooden furniture for the 2x4 and cut it up. I never find myself washing clothing all that much or even at all on some saves, but the materials aren't rare at all. Water really isn't uncommon, unless you have swamps, rivers etc. disabled; a single water tile yields an infinite amount.

Not every map start is guaranteed to be near a stream or swamp. I seldom ever see one until after I've already got a vehicle setup and start roaming.
>it's not a problem when you sink two of your starting points into a skill
Do you not see the issue with that? You aren't solving the problem with filthy clothing you're spending your skill points to just skip over it and not have to bootstrap tailoring from 0 and deal with that shit.
You can still get plenty of water just from toilets and the like. I've never struggled with water unless I'm stranded in the woods. And yeah, I do see the issue, but I haven't ever struggled with filthy clothing in the first place. Tailoring just lets me get a good early-game wardrobe without having to get lucky for it.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #393556

>try to read a magazine
>nearly starve to death

I ONLY HAVE SO MANY POTATO CHIPS
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #393627

Timbrewolf wrote:Pro-tip:

If you are getting comfy in a house some place as part of your construction efforts build two vehicles:

Vehicle one: It's just a bunch of frames but you load it with batteries and solar cells.

Vehicle two: put all the RV amenities on it. Kitchen unit, Foodco unit, chemistry unit, minifridge. Put a light of some kind of there as well.

You can position vehicle two by dragging it inside the house adjacent to a wall with a window (whether it's been broken open or not). Then drag vehicle one around outside so it's on the other side of the wall, and run a jumper cable between the two of them through the window.

Tada. You now have a super sweet nigh-infinite-power crafting table setup and reading lamp indoors without having to build long ungainly vehicles or leave yourself exposed to the outside. You can even close and board up the window, the power will continue to run through it anyway. Don't question it. Shit's magic.
Solar panels are pretty cheesy. My technique is to use foot pedals and an alternator to charge the battery. You can also use a gasoline engine and an alternator if you want. That way you can charge by night.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #393784

If you can drag a diesel engine in there and make biodiesel then you'll be set 4 life but I just think the two part solar panel trick works easiest/earliest.

As a bonus if you use swappable battery compartments with their accompanying storage batteries you can make the power unit pull double-duty as both the power supply for your home and as a place to stop and swap out spent batteries for fresh ones for your roaming vehicle.

I still haven't ever given farming a shot so I need to get on that soon.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #393814

Also easy interior lighting trick:

Make a charcoal kiln and fill it with all those tainted bones you keep getting from zombies, then never empty it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #394599

i made babby's first car todayin a debug character and im proud of myself fuck your deathmobiles

Deitus

Post by Deitus » #395058

Doublepost

How do you farm rocks for kilns? I read you could burn a house down for a bunch so I did but all I got was a bunch of rubble and nails. Do I need a pickaxe to use on the rubble or something? Tried using a shovel but that just removes the rubble and reveals more nails
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #395064

Regular old rocks? Run through fields with autopickup on is really the easiest way. Houses wont drop rocks as they are mostly made out of wood. If you can get underground like in a lab or subway or cave you can use a pickaxe or jackhammer on the walls there and that should give you a decent amount
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #395076

I'm pretty sure you can smash boulders for lotsa rocks. You can also use a jackhammer or pickaxe on solid rock wall (dig through a basement wall and you'll see it) for plenty.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #395135

Drive your car into boulder
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #396146

Farming is pretty awesome. With oats, raspberries, and sugar beets you can make a ton of granola and never have to worry about food again. They all have pretty insane yields so you don't need to make a very large plot to get a ton of food from them. Raiding home improvement stores got me the seeds I needed. A hoe helps a lot too for speeding up the digging. You have to watch out for goddamn animals and zombies trampling your crops but it's a pretty minor annoyance.

Weed is a pretty great crop as well for refining the seeds into cooking oil (saving some to replant) and breaking down the plants themselves to get a fuckton of plant fiber.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #400858

NOBODY TOLD ME THERE WAS AN ONLINE VERSION OF CDDA AND OTHER SHIT LIKE DCSS AND I CONSIDER THIS A MASSIVE FAILURE ON THE PART OF ALL OF YOU

APOLOGIZE
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #402019

A what
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #402033

you read right nigga i blame qbopper (the panty dropper) for not telling me this
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #410081

>use chesthole soundpack, enjoy it
>character gets mildly tired
>LUBDUB LUBDUB LUBDUB LUBDUB LUBDUB

seriously considering uninstalling the whole pack over this earrape bullshit, any way to disable individual sounds?
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #410112

C:\Users\Dietus\Desktop\Desktop Games\cataclysmdda\cdda\data\sound\ChestHole

then open soundset.json in notepad and change the volume of whatever sound its called to zero or delete the sound from whatever folder its in

I did this for the deafness because I have to listen to that shit constantly irl and having it in game is stupid
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #410727

apparently a bunch of people had a big meth party before a mi-go came and fucked them up

also i still suck, i think ill make more videos of my shitty playthroughs so you guys can tell me what im doing wrong
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #411838

>put a shitton of cardboard, old magazines, wood, etc in brazier
>doesnt last long enough for me to cook meat

am i doing something wrong or do i just have to go stone collecting again for a fireplace
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #411844

make tinder
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #411848

Did they patch it? It used to be as long as the fire was lit when you started crafting you could complete the recipe even if the fire went out instantly. Just gotta tap b to batch craft
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #411943

Praise Jesus the ranged weapon rebalance has finally come and its glorious

You can actually shoot shit at more-realistic and useful ranges. Rifles hitting across the screen. Pistols finally shooting further than you can throw the ammo. Oh yis.

They may have bundled this with a nerf on the amount of damage thrown shit does too. I was running around testing the effects the new balancing has on different items and ranged attacks and noticed that the damage output seems to have decreased quite a bit.

Re: martial arts styles, Bionic Combatives is IMO the best in the game but it requires a lot of preparation to use. You need the CQB CBM to even learn the style, and then you'll want alloy arms, legs, and a monomolecular blade or bionic claws on top of that. If you have all of that though congrats you are a fucking killing machine with lots of blocks and counter-attacks for defense, plus sweeps, brutal stabs, and wide slashes on offense. Killin' fucking everything.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #412298

bows are pretty nice once i figured out i dont just (F)ire but actually aim, but i found what i assume a bunch of dead military people with a lot of slightly to very damaged gear as well as many guns and equipment that i have no idea if i should bother with or not. should i be wearing army shirts and shit like that? how the actual fuck do i tell the difference between all these guns? i have a basic repair kit but im not sure that it will work on any of this shit. ill upload some images in a bit showing all the things that look semi important for you guys' input i guess cuz i honestly have no idea
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #412368

doublepost, here's my haul:

what of this should i keep/what should i do with it?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #412398

Mossy 500 is a shotgun. Always handy to have and ammo is relatively common. Even regular zombies will sometimes drop some 00 buck. You have 8 round spare + whatever is in the L12 defender.

Sig 552 seems like your best bet for a rifle of all the stuff in that pile. I'm not sure how great the survivor carbine is though, compare the two (shift+i) and see which one has better stats. I would recommend the RM51 or Scar-H but you don't seem to have any ammo for them. The RM51 is my favorite end-game rifle, and the Scar-H is my go to for guns that I can make ammo for. So both are great finds but you need ammo for them still.

Glock 19 is a great pistol for 9mm but I don't think you have any ammo for it. You could carry one around with the spare mag pre-emptively since 9mm is super common but it could be a waste of storage space. Meh.

Pro-tip: (U)nload everything before you stash it, or just stand next to your gun horde and do it. It'll declutter some of your gun stash as well as giving you a better view of what ammo and mag types you have. Having some rounds in this gun, some rounds in that gun, and some in a spare mag kicking around in your inventory is bad when you don't have thousands upon thousands of rounds for every ammo type and every bullet counts.

Also to answer your other question: you need specific Gunsmith or Firearms Repair Kits to fix/upgrade guns. It's worth doing to guns that are even fully repaired, as reinforcing them like armor improves their accuracy and stuff. Similarly if you have a welder around you can reinforce your melee weapons to make them do more damage.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #412424

If you have the tanks and vehicles mods you can find a shit ton of 50. BMG Ball (M2 Browning machinegun and Barret 50 cal sniper) and my favorite bullet the 308 (Scar H and some other big ol rifles) if you have the good fortune of finding a relatively intact tank or technical. Just examine the vehicle to find out where its mounted gun is and (U)nload it. You will probably have to disassemble an ammo belt to get the bullets out.

Also either there is a bug right now or they changed it so that military wrecks now contain a LOT of useful items rather than just a black box and an occasional single item, i now find lots of clothes, armor and useful bits. Last time i played I even found a mint condition Barret 50cal sniper with scope and bipod
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #412426

It saddened me to learn how much of the playerbase uses tiles and mods like Stats-Through-Skills or Stats-Through-Kills.

Fucking casuals invaded.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #412428

waaah someone's having fun the wrong way
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #412430

That's not the problem fuckhead.

It becomes a problem when they flood into the digg and discourse to complain about how the games lacks endgame challenges and goals because they subverted the entire challenge of it with easy-mode bullshit.

If you want to slap the training wheels on and ride around in the yard for a bit be my fucking guest. Remember to wear your helmet, sweetie.

When you come back inside afterwards and complain that the whole system needs changes based on your skewed experience I'm gonna backhand you so hard you'll have to start wearing that helmet all the time, everywhere.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #412437

Timbrewolf wrote:That's not the problem fuckhead.

It becomes a problem when they flood into the digg and discourse to complain about how the games lacks endgame challenges and goals because they subverted the entire challenge of it with easy-mode bullshit.

If you want to slap the training wheels on and ride around in the yard for a bit be my fucking guest. Remember to wear your helmet, sweetie.

When you come back inside afterwards and complain that the whole system needs changes based on your skewed experience I'm gonna backhand you so hard you'll have to start wearing that helmet all the time, everywhere.
The game does lack endgame challenge though. Most of your time is spent clearing out the same hordes of zombies. By the time you reach the endgame, you have a fully armed and armoured bionic monster with a masters in martial arts and the ability to 1-shot almost anything for 100+ damage. Thats even without bullshit stat gain mods. Even in the early game, you are only prevented from clearing out a city full of zombies by your stamina and hunger. You can kite almost anything to death. Giant Cellar Spiders are harder to kill than a bio-engineered brute zombie.

Well, it all goes smoothly until you encounter something like a tank drone. No amount of buffed stats will save you from those. The game needs more shit like that.