Byond Username: Timonk

Xcom 2 thread

Post by Timonk » #578196

>on the second easiest difficulty
>getting my ass kicked big time
Yep, fair
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Xcom 2 thread

Post by Shaps-cloud » #578249

The game cheats in your favor in so many ways on Veteran, how are you getting your ass kicked?

Anyway, I've been dumping a ton of time into Long War of the Chosen as of late, it's amazing amounts of fun if you don't mind the masochism of it all
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Post by SpaceManiac » #578250

I found that difficulty easy to the point where the game was literally skipping story events because I was faffing about consequence-free, as well as trivially cheesing some missions, but the game is so long I haven't returned to it yet. (Played XCOM:EW four times though)
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #578252

You asking how I'm losin?

I place my squaddies right into the middle of hidden enemies with crazy accuracy that kill them in 1 round, me not being able to do anything against it

No joke I missed a Advent officer like 5 times with 40% hit chance yesterday
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #578264

Are you running into the fog of war impatiently instead of carefully advancing, trying to cover as many points of entry as possible?
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #578270

SpaceManiac wrote:I found that difficulty easy to the point where the game was literally skipping story events because I was faffing about consequence-free, as well as trivially cheesing some missions, but the game is so long I haven't returned to it yet. (Played XCOM:EW four times though)
Yeah I never actually finished my original playthrough of vanilla from when the game launched, it really is a loooong game for how much replayability there actually is. Chimera Squad was much more appealing in that sense, much more snack sized which fit better with the pacing of new mechanics and enemies. I did manage to beat it recently with LWOTC which adds a bunch of depth and mechanics throughout the game, but even with all that added stuff it's still generally agreed that the end quarter of the game is really sparse.

As far as tips for gitting gud, check these out:
  • Don't charge blindly ahead with yellow moves while there are still enemies around, lest you activate a bunch of them and have no way to pull back
  • Don't put yourself in a position where any one or two bad rolls of the dice can make or break things. You'd be surprised how many clutch situations can be avoided by just falling back and setting up overwatch.
  • if all else fails, just spam meme beacons
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #578389

Timonk wrote:No joke I missed a Advent officer like 5 times with 40% hit chance yesterday
why the fuck are you taking 40% shots and not throwing grenades or flanking or getting height advantage
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #578415

iksyp wrote:
Timonk wrote:No joke I missed a Advent officer like 5 times with 40% hit chance yesterday
why the fuck are you taking 40% shots and not throwing grenades or flanking or getting height advantage
There was no height advantage and I didn't want to waste my grenade on the officer when there was something much more dangerous around the corner
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #578417

cacogen wrote:Are you running into the fog of war impatiently instead of carefully advancing, trying to cover as many points of entry as possible?
Maybe
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #578436

It's been awhile since I've played but iirc you have to bore yourself to death in order to be good
NSFW:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #578502

Xcom 2 isnt as good as xcom 1 and the fact that it retconned the story of xcom 1 makes me dislike it from a gameplay AND a storyline standpoint
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #578510

I never played xcom 1
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #578666

ah yes, very fair:

>do the blacksite mission a third time
>be very good at the stealthies
>i get discovered anyway because patrol decided to go off path
>1 solider gets an instant 8 crit from a robot and dies
>the chosen bitch arrives
>i retrieve the vial and run into the opposite direction of the enemies, running into a 3 man patrol
>3 more enemy soliders arrive
> vial carrier surrounded by like 10 enemies (meanwhile another solider dies)
>gets easily ganged on
>damn, its an escape without the vial again
>losses: 3 soliders (1 corporal and 2 squaddies)
>the worst part: i would have probably gotten away with it if i only sent 1 solider
is this supposed to be fair?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #578667

meanwhile in the 5th attempt, solid snake lookin ass gets captured
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #578668

>2 corporals and a squaddie

broh
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #578669

ONE CORPORAL TWO SQUADDIES

WHY ARE YOUR TROOPS TRASH
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #578670

Shaps-cloud wrote:>2 corporals and a squaddie

broh
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #578682

because they die off early, the surviving one was a corporeal too
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #578686

Timonk wrote:because they die off early, the surviving one was a corporeal too
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #578694

get mag weapons or plated armor before doing the first blacksite, both if you want to be 100% sure
pods will naturally curve towards between you and the objective, even when you're in stealth

also xcom 1 is just overwatch camping till the ayys walk into your death pit on their turn, 2 is better solely because you can't do that as effectively. 1 has better atmosphere tho
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #578748

1. Ok thanks for reminding that the ai cheats
2. The avatar project is 4 thingies away from being finished and they literally have an agenda where when they finish it they instantly get 1 block
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #578763

Xcom is too slow-paced for my liking but this thread does make me feel like I'm missing out
NSFW:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #579286

Update: started a second campaign, ran good so far but avatar is 2 steps from being finished and I haven't even visited the first blacksite
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #579706

Timonk wrote:Update: started a second campaign, ran good so far but avatar is 2 steps from being finished and I haven't even visited the first blacksite
...how?

Like are you just letting the base avatar progress go without doing anything?

BTW if memory serves the first blacksite isn't actually a black site and just cuts avatar progress by a set amount like any if the other story missions.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #579710

THAT'S XCOM BABY WHEEEEEEEW
Spoiler:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #579735

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Timonk wrote:Update: started a second campaign, ran good so far but avatar is 2 steps from being finished and I haven't even visited the first blacksite
...how?

Like are you just letting the base avatar progress go without doing anything?

BTW if memory serves the first blacksite isn't actually a black site and just cuts avatar progress by a set amount like any if the other story missions.
I couldn't get an engineer until avatar was already completed
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #579738

You're supposed to take the first engineer from guerilla actions you can find - you should get one in the first action or 2
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #579748

i didnt
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #579807

XCOM 2 was a fun game. Took all the good things about the first (remake) and made it 10 times better.
► Show Spoiler
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #579849

I fucking miss MECs though. SPARKs weren't the same.

You have MECs, humans who have sacrificed any hope of normalcy to fuck up the xenos

And then you have a boring robot whose death means nothing

I loved the moment in XCOM where I realized how alien my soldiers must be, space wizards with guns, almost invisible supersoldier snipers who can jump massive distances, literally just dreadnoughts from warhammer. I really miss all of the stuff like that.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #579853

NoxVS wrote:I fucking miss MECs though. SPARKs weren't the same.

You have MECs, humans who have sacrificed any hope of normalcy to fuck up the xenos

And then you have a boring robot whose death means nothing

I loved the moment in XCOM where I realized how alien my soldiers must be, space wizards with guns, almost invisible supersoldier snipers who can jump massive distances, literally just dreadnoughts from warhammer. I really miss all of the stuff like that.
My favorite was the massive powerfist on the MECs.
Custom animation for beating the shit out of large ayyys
On smaller ones just:
Please assume the position.