Dying Light: Not Dead Island THE GAME

Talk about video games here
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Dying Light: Not Dead Island THE GAME

Post by DrPillzRedux » #65423

Dying light is basically a big revamp of the Dead Island games under a new name, but it actually earned the right to do that. You're a fucking government agent who drops into a quarantine zone and right off the bat shit's fucked. You have to find a cure. Basically the extent of the story, which is love it or hate it. Not shitty like Dead Island, but not anything new.

The gameplay is really, really enjoyable. I was very skeptical on how it would play but it turned out to be very fluid and fun. You've got absolutely gruesome melee combat that doesn't feel like shit ala dead island, guns that actually make enemies recoil realistically when shot, a gore system I'd compare to killing floor 2's, and parkour that actually fits in and feels nice. It feels pretty close to Mirrors Edge in fluidity. The day/night cycle is neat as during the day you look for loot, find airdrops, and do quests. At night you have to sneak around the now huge, fast, and aggressive hordes of infected and their nasty special infected. You can sleep through the night at a safehouse but you lose out on double XP.

If you can get this for $45-50, I recommend it. Its story is sub-par but the gameplay is rock solid. If you pirate it and don't like the start, keep going. Killing zombies and getting around at the start are slow. By the end you're dashing around like you huffed some fresh coke.

Supplemental videos

Night time fun:

Typical sewer stuff:

Katana and nothing personal gore:

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Re: Dying Light: Not Dead Island THE GAME

Post by Reyouka » #65441

I was already considering getting it, but your videos have sold me.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #65446

You had me at "dead island but not shit." Really that game was clunky as fuck.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #65477

I am told it's shit. It's a shame, it looked like it could have been cool.
Spoiler:
They apparently take your gear away twice in the game - apparently the second time there isn't even a half-assed reason, you just magically lose your gubbins for a while - and the last boss is supposedly one long QTE and also kicks you out of multiplayer if you're doing that.

ZOMBIES: THE KICKENING is still a thing. So are elemental weapons.

Weapon breakage is a thing.

All the NPCs are apparently retarded and/or unlikeable, except for this one wizard.

There's one quest where like nine guys on top of a building all committed suicide instead of using the like weeks worth of of supplies they had to force open a door. Supposedly the only dude with the key to that door fell off like a dipshit after electrifying the scaffoldings up. So yeah. WE'RE STUCK FOREVER OH MY GOD BETTER KILL OURSELVES.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65478

It is worth trying out.

I shall obtain it in a completely legal fashion.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #65480

This game lets you drop-kick zombies. That's cool and really never gets old. If doing crazy wrestling moves on zombies was lame Dead Rising wouldn't be a five game franchise.

That being said I think for the price you would be better off buying four copies of Dead Island and giving three of them to your friends. That game is kinda shitty when played alone but fucking hilarious and awesome when played in a group. Ganging up with your friends to circle around one big guy zombie and all just start kicking and stomping on it frantically is fucking great.

Dying light seems to have improved the single-player experience a bit...but it's still not a game I would be compelled to play through all the way solo. It loses points in the multiplayer department compared to Dead Island, everyone is stuck playing clones of the same character while Dead Island gives you a roster of 4 (5 with DLC) different characters to pick from.

If you're foreveralone and you need a punching and kicking zombies game get Dying Light. You can do parkour and it's better overall single player.

If you can get some friends to buy it (or you know folks that already have it) and agree to play through it together, go with Dead Island.

[youtube]qWDrwTro5zE[/youtube]

[youtube]BLrXahz7ZxE[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
LunchboxKilla
Byond Username: Lunchboxkilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #65915

I've had tons of fucking fun in dead island
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #65976

I loved Dead Island, but as has already been said, it's much better with friends. And I practically had to force my friends to play with me, so it wasn't exactly a rewarding experience for all parties involved.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #67317

Man, this game's story could have been SO MUCH BETTER!
It actually started out well!
Complex moral decisions with no clear right answer, and implied information that you cannot actually be certain of!
THEN SUDDENLY
NOPE NOPE CAN'T HAVE ANY SUBTLETY IN AAA GAMING, QUICK CHANGE IT TO THE STANDARD "HERPDERP, WEAPONIZE THE VIRUS, NUKE THE QUARANTINE"

The game also develops some small but inoperable call-of-duty shaped tumors when guns get introduced.

Dying Light! YOUR MELEE IS AWESOME. Don't fuck it up with cover based shooting.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #67535

[youtube]LZlwxJVVlIs[/youtube]
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #67817

Aaaaaaaaand FUCKING HELL THE FINAL BOSS IS ANOTHER QTE CHAIN.

THIS SHIT WAS NOT OKAY WHEN SHADOW OF MORDOR PULLED IT, IT'S *DEFINITELY* NOT OK FOR YOU FUCKERS.

I WANTED TO KILL RAIS WITH
Spoiler:
HIS OWN GUN
YOU FUCKERS.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.