bonus.com and other old game websites

Talk about video games here
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

bonus.com and other old game websites

Post by Farquaar » #597617

Do any of you guys remember an old site from the late 90s/early 2000s called bonus.com?

The site died about a decade ago and the web-archive doesn't really have any good captures. It was chock full of old-school java and flash games from the pre-Newgrounds era. I hunger to satisfy my nostalgia, but it's hard to find screenshots, let alone the games themselves. Maybe some of them are archived on Flashpoint, but I wouldn't know what to start searching.

A five minute google search got me these screenshots for your viewing pleasure.
Spoiler:
A fun platformer where the MC loses his skin at the start and has to navigate an evil castle to get it back.
Spoiler:
Some multiplayer tank game that I could never figure out as a 6-year-old
If you remember a few names of old browser games from back in the day, share 'em here and I'll give it a search when I have time.
► Show Spoiler
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Re: bonus.com and other old game websites

Post by cocothegogo » #597665

newgrounds
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #597676

played so much miniclip back in the day, good site. all of those sites are now really struggling with the flash ban but I see there's a nice solution in that new devs are using html5 (i hear good things) and old games either get ported if popular and possible or played with a flash emulator which isn't perfect
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #597703

there was a multiplayer game with tanks (not really they had 4 wheels ) with guns, rocket, nukes etc you could pick up in the map and shoot or do flips in a 3d graphic environment like 10ish y ago does anyone remember the name of it??
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #598154

i forgot about the obscure games sites that weren't blocked at school thing but no i don't remember any most of those games were boring and bad
actually deanimator was one that was a .swf on a network hdd but again it was boring

the only one i remember that was good is this zombie survival one where it's like this war of mine where you move at night to scavenge from houses but i don't remember what it was called
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #598160

cacogen wrote:the only one i remember that was good is this zombie survival one where it's like this war of mine where you move at night to scavenge from houses but i don't remember what it was called
You're probably thinking of the Last Stand series. Good games, man. Good games. But definitely not from the era I'm talking about.
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #598228

That was probably it. Just tried the first one and I've definitely played it before.

The only game I saw at school that comes to mind is the Helicopter Game. Probably because of Flappy Bird. It was such pointless shit. Most of them were. Oh, and Line Rider actually. But that was like 2008 or 2009 or something. Like most things, I never got into it, but people loved that.

Also of the sites I can think of, the not-obvious ones (like Newgrounds) people would visit were weebl & bob, funnyjunk, and albinoblacksheep. And Stickdeath, but that was far earlier. The last two were more for videos. Shockingly violent and racist (for a 9 year old that had never been exposed to any of that) Survivor-for-Taliban-members animations on Stickdeath after 9/11. I was much more interested in flash videos back then than any of the low quality, boring and difficult games, unfortunately for the purpose of this thread.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #599143

Anyone else remember Andkon?
http://andkon.com/arcade/
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness